Drinking Alcohol, should a Christian do it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like nothing is really sinful, but somethings just aren't very beneficial
Welcome to the CyB boards. What denomination of Christianity do you practice? How long have you been a Christ follower?

Regarding drinking, doesn't communion contain alcohol (wine) as an element in the ritual?

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to the CyB boards. What denomination of Christianity do you practice? How long have you been a Christ follower?

Regarding drinking, doesn't communion contain alcohol (wine) as an element in the ritual?

I got saved in a baptist church so I think they are southern baptist about 3 years ago.

When they do communion they use welches grape juice so no alcohol at my church

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got saved in a baptist church so I think they are southern baptist about 3 years ago.

When they do communion they use welches grape juice so no alcohol at my church
What we really need to be on gaurd against , is this cup of fornication the WHORE has poured out unto the denominations
as well as even the other religoins to merge them all as one , under what it calls LOVE . that cup IS THE ONE we ought not
even be sipping from . Its a heavy intoxicater that drink is and it will fill one full of the word love and judge not
but its poison will lead to the death of even the soul of the drinker of it .
That whore has found a way , her way to unite the WHOLE WORLD as ONE . and she calls it love . BUT IT AINT LOVE
and IT SURE AINT COMING FROM GOD EITHER .

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure they don't have hookers at the baptist church where I have been going.

I have a girl friend anyway and she doesn't charge me anything!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I wouldn't take beta blockers again. I had to take them for a while and I'm glad I don't have to anymore. Sorry to hear about your Mom. When people get older doctors tend to over medicate even more. Knowing end of life is near. But it sounds like her kidneys and liver couldn't handle the meds. :(
I've been taking beta blockers for a while now and noticed no side affects. I sleep fine lights on or off, doesn't matter.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure they don't have hookers at the baptist church where I have been going.

I have a girl friend anyway and she doesn't charge me anything!
The harlot has invaded many churches . she will hold a rainbow and say JUDGE NOT , GOD is LOVE
she will offer up the idea that other religoins like muslims , etc do serve the same GOD we do
and that all religoins indeed serve the same GOD we do . She has made the path to GOD very BROAD
by and through her version of love . MY ADVICE , SIP NOT OF THAT CUP . all who do so love a lie
and a lie cannot save . BUT JESUS CAN . THUS we gotta remind them SOLD out leaders
that ANY who does deny JESUS is the CHRIST , and that would include muslims too , DO NOT KNOW GOD
DO NOT LOVE GOD . cause had they loved GOD , THEY WOULD have LOVED CHRIST . not denied him as CHRIST
nor taught others its not necessary to have to BELEIVE ON HIM . lies save none . sip not of her cup .

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been taking beta blockers for a while now and noticed no side affects. I sleep fine lights on or off, doesn't matter.

Isn't it beta blockers that makes you deficient in CoQ10 which you need to take a CoQ10 supplement to make up for it?

Or is that some other medicine I'm thinking of?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Sounds like nothing is really sinful, but somethings just aren't very beneficial
Welcome to the Forum.

I believe the point of the scripture, is that sin can't be easily broken into rules against actions. It is the heart that causes us to sin and to act in an ungodly, unloving way. It is assumed that a follower of Christ will take on the mind of Christ. Then our actions will not be sinful as our motives were not. And when judging our actions God will consider the heart, which he also knows.

Sort of the opposite of the saying, that "the road to hell is paved with good intentions."

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Isn't it beta blockers that makes you deficient in CoQ10 which you need to take a CoQ10 supplement to make up for it?

Or is that some other medicine I'm thinking of?
If it doesn't show up on a standard blood panel I don't know about it.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Not hookers . at least hookers get paid and offer up a price . NO this harlot sells her lies for free .
It's not free, you pay with your soul.

As long as we mean well we're all good to go?
The heart is deceitful, so it is good to test your motivations. One must always love God and Neighbor in that order. Care to test the test?

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the guys giving me a hard time for smoking a little weed and having a girlfriend are all still sinners?

They don't have any room to talk if they still are.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
So the guys giving me a hard time for smoking a little weed and having a girlfriend are all still sinners?

They don't have any room to talk if they still are.
If they are smoking weed too, yea they would be hypocritical. What did Jesus say? I'll paraphrase, 'Remove the plank from your own eye before removing the splinter from your neighbor's.' So I guess that means if you love your neighbor you shouldn't sin, that way you will be prepared to help without being a hypocrite. That is if they are open to listening, if not it really isn't all that helpful. Some mind altering drugs are definitely a gateway to the demonic, I'm not risking it. And I also don't like feeling inebriated, and I hate the smell, so there is no temptation.