Drinking Alcohol, should a Christian do it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In a solution of 99% water (which is extremely healthful) and 1% arsenic, the benefits of water don't do much good.

Is there really a need for so much protest if you are right? It's been my experience that you do not tolerate opposition well. It didn't take long for you to accuse me of undue manipulation. Careful you don't emulate the late, great TinMan.

We do as we will, if we dare. Or, we submit our own wills to God. His will is every man's to seek and determine. I'm just a seed sower.

lets remember that when it comes to DOCTRINE . cause even a little leaven , oh just a lil ol lie
can indeed cause massive death . Oh many can see this with foods and drinks
and yet cannot see this when it cometh to the word love and the whores cup of fornication .
Meats , drinks , cannot DESTROY the SOUL . but HER CUP WILL END THE SOUL IN PERDITION .
SO lets be a wee bit more focused on warning against her cup of all inclusive love and unity . cause that drink
ENDS WITH PERDITOIN . DOCTRINE DOES MATTER .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the guys giving me a hard time for smoking a little weed and having a girlfriend are all still sinners?

They don't have any room to talk if they still are.
Hypocrisy is as hyprocisy does . but it still dont mean GOD gonna accept your fornication or weed smoking .
SURE folks can and do play the hypocrite . THEY can say and yet they DO NOT .
But lets not follow their examples . Lets speak truth and do truth . You got a choice .
MARRY HER . cease the fornication . cause that is all it is till you are married .
And just cause the hyprocrite can say this as well , DONT mean they are just either .
JESUS did not come so we could CONTINUE IN SIN and FEEL saved .
You better watch out lest a very serious thing come upon you . Most folks in the churches
would hug ya and say OH ALL IS WELL , WE ALL SINNERS , GO ON with ya self . BUT I AINT most folks .
SEE , I really DO care about ya , and its HIGH TIME you cease the fornication and pot smoking .
Cause GOD aint well pleased at all . Just a reminder my friend . cease it .

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh? If you are wrong, is there a need to pressure those who are speaking the truth about the holy use of alcohol to shut up and let the lie have a better chance of being accepted as true?

Are we to worry that we might not gain heaven because we've consumed insufficient amounts of alcohol? I hope the ancient Levites will be there.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you feel pressured?

How I feel is irrelevant. The purpose of such questions as below is relevant, which is to pressure the one who is protesting "so much."
Is there really a need for so much protest if you are right?
I find the implied rationalization of the question revealing. Apparently, if one is in the right, there is not a need to protest a wrong much - even while the wrong continues.

I find no practical application for such rationalization.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought we got born again and became new people in Jesus?

He gave us a deceitful heart? That doesn't sound right somehow.
HE DONT . the problem is , however , a decieved heart will always embrace another jesus .
Now ponder on that for a bit .
IF one loveth money and still wants to beleive they are saved , GUESS what gospel they gonna run too and embrace .
THE PROSPERITY ONE . thinking THAT IS JESUS CHRIST and ITS HIS DOCTRINE . but do i got news about that .
IF ya jesus you love and follow is all about the best life now joel ostein , the we kings kids lets get that big house
IT AINT JESUS YOU LOVING , ITS MONEY .
Just like if the jesus once comes running too is holding up a rainbow of dark love
and ya sitting under that jesus . I GOT real bad news , IT AINT JESUS . ITS the devil seducing folks by thier own lustful hearts desires
giving them the desires of the lusts of the flesh with an YOU SAVED mindset . THE devil is real clever
and highly deceptive . He will always come to allure THROUGH the lusts of the flesh to make a people HIS OWN .
TIME WE BIBLE UP FOLKS and FAST TOO . cause satan and his men in wool
have taken christendom captive to a false love , a lie that cannot save them but WILL SURELY UNITE
them and the religoins and the world to rise as one , UNDER WHAT he calls GOD by what he calls love .
Watch out , the DEVIL can say GOD is love but , oh But , watch out for his verion of love . HE gonna LIE .

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was and is perfectly virtuous and never engaged in any consumption of poison.
Another take on this. The symbol for medication is 2 snakes on a cross to alert us of the danger that in the right amount, the drug helps but in the wrong amount, it is poisonous as you say.

This analysis is universal and does not apply only to alcohol. To your implied claim that no amount is beneficial. I'll leave that to the reader to review my post that lists the health benefits of drinking wine.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the natural man who's heart is deceitful. who is totally free of its influence? not me.
This might sound like preaching to the choir , but do allow me these kind words .
THOSE who do correct , ARE GONNA BE ACCUSED . FOR many cannot overcome , cannot defeat
the words of truth , so accuse and make us try and feel guilty is about all they can do . This is known as the victim card .
Cause doctrine they do not have , but emotions they can play on ...........................wont work on the lambs .
We gonna have to grow what i call RHINO SKIN , because attacks will be many and accusations will come
against us from those who love thier sin .

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we to worry that we might not gain heaven because we've consumed insufficient amounts of alcohol?
LOL. Another Appeal to Strawman. Nowhere was it claimed that drinking wine is a salvation issue. However, do this (drink wine) in rememberance of me is Jesus command.

If you feel it wise to disregard Jesus' command regarding the establishent of the New Covenant and the sacrament of communion, bless your heart.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How I feel is irrelevant. The purpose of such questions as below is relevant, which is to pressure the one who is protesting "so much."

I find the implied rationalization of the question revealing. Apparently, if one is in the right, there is not a need to protest a wrong much - while the wrong contines.

I find no practical application for such rationalization.

Methinks you "find" too much to deny feeling - lol.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Methinks you "find" too much to deny feeling - lol.
Doubling down on your manipulation, aka Appeal to Emotion.

It didn't take long for you to accuse me of undue manipulation.
Just because I am quick to recognize manipulation for what it is, does not make manipulation a valid means of argumentation.

• Haha
Reactions: BarneyFife

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. Another Appeal to Strawman. Nowhere was it claimed that drinking wine is a salvation issue. However, do this (drink wine) in rememberance of me is Jesus command.

If you feel it wise to disregard Jesus' command regarding the establishent of the New Covenant and the sacrament of communion, bless your heart.
I have a quick question .
Have you ever heard many say and say often that the word wine
did not mean fermented wine but rather just grape juice .
Something dont seem to add up .
I mean when men have well drunk then they bring the worse wine . If i drank grape juice , the best of grape juice
and then later when i had well drunk that grape juice someone brought me the bad grape juice , I could discern its taste as bad .
But here is what really gets me thinking .
IF wine is nothing but grape juice , not fermentation at all , THEN HOW On earth did NOAH GET SO DRUNK ON JUST GRAPE JUICE .
NOW being DRUNK IS SIN and it must never once be overlooked . but moderation . nope , not sin . HOWEVER
it is sin to those who think it to be sin . PLus if anyone has any or has had any problem with alcohol , addiction etc
MY ADVICE IS DONT TOUCH IT .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, let's do remember that.

Remember that the next time you hear the words finding common ground , bridge builders
breaking down walls , healing the wound ,
or one saying judge not GOD IS LOVE while DEFENDING THEIR SIN .
remember that the next time a leader in a church stands and says or even implies
its time to set aside our differences in doctrine and just rather try and find common ground .
cause them monkeys ARE only trying to deceive us , . BIG TIME TOO .

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever heard many say and say often that the word wine
did not mean fermented wine but rather just grape juice .

Yes. This mythi is addressed in post #61 below.

Two Common Misconceptions About Alcohol In The Bible

Lower Alcohol Content

we know from the Bible that the wine still had plenty of kick in it to get wasted on. That’s why Jesus was accused of being drunk on wine (Luke 7:34). And that’s why the Bible warns against getting drunk on wine.

Also, wine isn’t the only alcoholic drink mentioned in the Bible. The Bible also talks about a “strong drink” made with fermented barley, aka beer. This rudimentary beer contained an average ABV of 6% – 12%, not too shabby for a beer. And certainly not a low alcohol count.
Of course, the Bible strongly warns against the overconsumption of beer. But in moderation, it is encouraged.

The alcohol in the Bible did not have a lower alcohol content. We know this from what the Bible says and from historians who have studied alcohol during this time period.

Reactions: amigo de christo