dumb questions I was emailed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did God author the Bible or did he not?
Beware cause i have watched how folks will try and twist stuff .
In other words we know that when GOD sent the prophets HE often spoke through parables .
LIKE say , for example , He said BUT what will ye do in the SWELLING of the JORDAN .
IF we read the whole of it we can understand it means the rushing in of peoples to destroy them .
Just like when he uses the words trees , hills , moutains and etc , Often times through the prophets
he was speaking of peoples as well . The LOWLY being exalted the exalted being brought low .
HOWEVER , we both know in GENESIS and in other places IT is not speaking quite like that .
I mean the more we learn that bible the more we can discern what is going on . Like in revelations
there is much in the SPIRITUAL , though it is acted out literally .
You see they try and allegoricalize everything to either support evolution or something else .
But for the most part its quite easily seen . GOD did create the earth in SIX days .
And HE DID FORM man of the ground . IT SAYS SO . just like many things JESUS taught
HIS parables were explained LITERALLY . THEY , however try and make EVERYTHING this way .
BUT this is how they DECIEVE . cause i could do that to anything in that bible .
I could turn around and say OH IT DONT mean that , IT MEANS ..........and then decieve the heck out of the people .
THEY DO THIS OFTEN . THEY use other parts of the bible , SHOW you where a not literal translation was
THEN TRY and apply this to THE WHOLE BIBLE . WRONG they are and they do so for alternate reasons . SO BEWARE THEM .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean God sat down and wrote all the words we find in scripture? What are we children? If that's what you think, fine, but it's grossly inaccurate.
Yep i knew it . YOu dont think it was GOD INSPIRED . here allow peter to explain .
FOR HOLY GOD of men SPOKE as they were MOVED BY THE SPIRIT . SO THE TRUTH they spoke and said
WAS FROM GOD and then later it was recorded FOR OUR LEARNING in the bible .
SO WHILE men did write it , GOD HAD INSPIRED IT . THAT MEANS IT CAME FROM GOD and NOT MEN .

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they are both the same

did God author the bible..

Did he speak through men.

How many authors did not write their own words? paul did not write his own words. he spoke through others who wrote his words for him.
That's a fine pile of contradictions. A tangled mess.
If Paul "spoke through others who wrote his words for him."
Then neither Paul nor God authored those words, right?
According to you, "others" authored those words.

Define "author".

/

Reactions: The Learner

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
did God author the bible..

Did he speak through men.
Seems the scripture you are inferring was talking about the prophets specifically.
As prophets, they wrote what God gave them to write. But that is ONLY in reference to prophecy.

Automatic writing is an occult practice. Is that where you claim the Bible came from?

/

Reactions: The Learner

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a fine pile of contradictions. A tangled mess.
If Paul "spoke through others who wrote his words for him."
Then neither Paul nor God authored those words, right?
According to you, "others" authored those words.

Define "author".

/
If I tell you to write my words for me

Is it my words. or your words..

If God told Moses to write these words down. and those words became the books of Genesis through exodus..

Is it Gods words or moses words?

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems the scripture you are inferring was talking about the prophets specifically.
As prophets, they wrote what God gave them to write. But that is ONLY in reference to prophecy.

Automatic writing is an occult practice. Is that where you claim the Bible came from?

/
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
What was that in reference to at the time it was written?
The New Testament canon wasn't collected and voted on by the Roman Catholic Church until the 4th century.
I think they did a great job. Have you thanked them?

All the original manuscripts were lost by that time. But the assembled the fragments as best they could.
Copies, of copies, of copies, of copies... so pretty much original, with a few additions and deletions.
We have a reasonably good idea of what was written originally. Better than most ancient texts.

/

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question #1

Question #2

You switched horses. How come?

/ @Chadrho
Because she had to clarify since a man with common sense refused to answer the question as any of us knew it was intended. I won't associate with anyone claiming to be a Christian who doesn't believe He can speak to men, and give them words He wants spoken or written. You have contradicted yourself ......double standard. In one thread, you defend that God has spoken to you, and yet you attempt to discredit the Bible is authored by God ....why?? God couldn't speak to men and give them the scriptures?? What do you have against the Word of God? Or do you believe God only speaks to you?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was that in reference to at the time it was written?
The New Testament canon wasn't collected and voted on by the Roman Catholic Church until the 4th century.
Thats ok. The Pauls writings were considered scripture int he 1st century
I think they did a great job. Have you thanked them?
Thanked them for what? They did not do anything
All the original manuscripts were lost by that time. But the assembled the fragments as best they could.
Copies, of copies, of copies, of copies... so pretty much original, with a few additions and deletions.
We have a reasonably good idea of what was written originally. Better than most ancient texts.

/
I believe God kept his word intact.. I have to. If I have to believe for 400 years Gods word was lost. Then how could i even trust the church that decided what was scripture? I could not.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I tell you to write my words for me

Is it my words. or your words..

If God told Moses to write these words down. and those words became the books of Genesis through exodus..

Is it Gods words or moses words?
That didn't happen until after the exodus.
Certainly the books of law came that way. I agree. But...

Genesis was from an oral tradition and borrowed from existing scrolls. IMHO
Scrolls that came from Jethro, the priest of Midian. The Kennites.
As I understand it.

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because she had to clarify since a man with common sense refused to answer the question as any of us knew it was intended.
She?
Here we go again...

I won't associate with anyone claiming to be a Christian who doesn't believe He can speak to men, and give them words He wants spoken or written.
Fortunately, I don't believe that.

You have contradicted yourself ......double standard. In one thread, you defend that God has spoken to you, and yet you attempt to discredit the Bible is authored by God ....why?? God couldn't speak to men and give them the scriptures?? What do you have against the Word of God? Or do you believe God only speaks to you?
On the contrary.
I believe God can speak to humankind.

My understanding of Bible history and Bible translation doesn't allow me to agree with exaggerated claims about the Bible.
Claims that simply aren't true. Do you want me to lie just to keep the peace? Things were kept from us by the church.
We were kept in the dark. We were taught to memorize apologetics that don't even support the claims.

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am familiar with that argument.
So, Paul was declaring his own writing as inspired by God?
I imagine he thought he was writing letters to the churches he planted and cared for.

Oops. I suppose I will be beat up for writing "I imagine". (sigh)

Thanked them for what? They did not do anything
So, you are unfamiliar with the history of the biblical canon?
You have no idea where our Bible came from?
But here you ladies are, lecturing me. (sigh)

I believe God kept his word intact.. I have to. If I have to believe for 400 years Gods word was lost. Then how could i even trust the church that decided what was scripture? I could not.
Yes, you "have to", otherwise what?
That's a sobering question.
How could we even trust the church that decided what was scripture?

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel accounts were "written" between 20 to 30 years after the events.

Imagine nothing having been written about the 9/11 tragedy until 30 years after the event,
That would be the year 2030. Just seven more years to wait.

/