dust and ashes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He hath cast me into the mire, and I am become like dust and ashes. Job 30:19
Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes. Job 42:6

In the first verse from Job, he was lamenting his suffering and that he had become like dust and ashes. In the second verse, he accepts that he is but dust and ashes in the presence of the Holy God. It is like this for the Christian as well, our suffering and denouncing of the outer man makes us feel like we are but dust and ashes, till we come into the presence of a holy God and accept the fact that we are but dust and ashes in utter repentance. This is the putting to death of the outer man in a nutshell. From there we can truly praise the LORD in Spirit and truth for he has turned these ashes into beauty, a planting of the LORD.

To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified. (Isaiah 61:3)

For encouragement to those who are experiencing the fiery trial in their life. The sooner you reach repentance the sooner God can bring the growth of righteousness in your life. Over the past ten to 15 years, I have walked this path, questioned the LORD as to why he has brought me to this place.... it was so that I could put to death that outer man fully and allow him to bring the growth to my life. This way has been hindered by doctrine in the church that has failed to speak on the crucifixion of the flesh. They have turned Christianity into a prosperity religion, not a transforming faith.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For GOD resists the proud but gives grace unto the humble . HUMBLE yourselves therefore under GOD
that HE might exalt you in due time . We are but dust and ash in constant need of the LORD at all times .
Let all that has breath both praise and thank the glorious LORD .

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

In the first verse from Job, he was lamenting his suffering and that he had become like dust and ashes. In the second verse, he accepts that he is but dust and ashes in the presence of the Holy God. It is like this for the Christian as well, our suffering and denouncing of the outer man makes us feel like we are but dust and ashes, till we come into the presence of a holy God and accept the fact that we are but dust and ashes in utter repentance. This is the putting to death of the outer man in a nutshell. From there we can truly praise the LORD in Spirit and truth for he has turned these ashes into beauty, a planting of the LORD.

To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified. (Isaiah 61:3)

For encouragement to those who are experiencing the fiery trial in their life. The sooner you reach repentance the sooner God can bring the growth of righteousness in your life. Over the past ten to 15 years, I have walked this path, questioned the LORD as to why he has brought me to this place.... it was so that I could put to death that outer man fully and allow him to bring the growth to my life. This way has been hindered by doctrine in the church that has failed to speak on the crucifixion of the flesh. They have turned Christianity into a prosperity religion, not a transforming faith.
I agree, but please just don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, as some unfortunately seem to be doing.

Reactions: marks

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Amen! I pray the Lord hears your hearts' cry brother. It's always about coming to the end of ourselves.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol,..... that phrase seems to be of use lately in abundance......

I say take the baby out of the bath water B4 you THROW it out.
Then dry the clean one, (SALVATION,) freshen it and keep it in right order, (SANCTIFICATION) until it is grown. (GLORIFIED!)

This we can have by walking in the Spirit and allowing him to renew our minds daily.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol,..... that phrase seems to be of use lately in abundance......

I say take the baby out of the bath water B4 you THROW it out.
Then dry the clean one, (SALVATION,) freshen it and keep it in right order, (SANCTIFICATION) until it is grown. (GLORIFIED!)

This we can have by walking in the Spirit and allowing him to renew our minds daily.
Its Lord praising time in the building and round the world . Let all that has breath praise and thank the LORD .

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For GOD resists the proud but gives grace unto the humble . HUMBLE yourselves therefore under GOD
that HE might exalt you in due time . We are but dust and ash in constant need of the LORD at all times .
Let all that has breath both praise and thank the glorious LORD .
Amen to this. Humbling yourself to God is the single most important thing you can do in your life.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen to this. Humbling yourself to God is the single most important thing you can do in your life.
And what do WE think humbling yourself to GOD means .
It means SUBMIT TO GOD .
Submission .
One who submits to GOD is under HIS obediance .
Submission and resistance are CONTRARY
If we say we humble ourselves to GOD and yet do not obey HIM , then we are not and have not submitted to HIM .
If we also try and earn our own righteousness then we have not SUBMITTED TO HIM , TO HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS .
And if we say we have accepted CHRIST and yet we walk in sin , then i got bad news
we have not submitted to CHRIST and thus we have not submitted to GOD .
I say its time we learn all things JESUS taught , all things the apostels left us in the bible
and beware of men , for many now teach things contrary to BOTH GOD and HIS CHRIST .
They preach another jesus , another love , another unity , another liberty , another freedom
all of which serves the flesh , serves man and his desires , serves satan and NOT GOD .
WHO we love IS WHOSE we are . WHO WE OBEY IS WHO WE LOVE . THERE Truly is no middle ground .
we cannot be serving both Christ and anti christ , we cannot serve both GOD and satan , we cannot serve both the flesh and the Spirit .
CHOOSE YE THIS DAY WHOM YE SHALL SERVE , as for the lambs IT SHALL BE GOD , IT SHALL BE CHRIST
and we shall feast only from the bible by which we shall grow wise .