Ear piercing: for sons as well as for daughters: is it appropriate? (plus poll)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ear piercing: is it approrpriate for sons as well as for daughters?

• No, it's appropriate for neither sons nor daughters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Laish Thanks for your 'likes'. And even if the older generation of men often does not now participate in the widespread ear piercing custom, it's still quite reasonable for the younger generation of men to do it, isn't it?

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Not me FYI, did you vote in the poll?

No I didn’t, for me it would just be a human custom, wouldn’t get one closer to the Lord or farther away, so for me it would be neither here or there.

Each person must go with what the “peace of Christ in their hearts” say about things like this.

(At least in my growth in Christ)

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
....for me it would just be a human custom, wouldn’t get one closer to the Lord or farther away, so for me it would be neither here or there.

Each person must go with what the “peace of Christ in their hearts” say about things like this.
Thanks for your comment.

For women, almost universal, widely regarded as almost necessary sometimes, a bit like a necktie equivalent, really. For men, not strictly necessary but certainly not problematic, either, IMHO; can be good.

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Not me PS: There is actually a poll response option: "Not sure / rather not say", FYI...

That’s true, but neither of those fit. For I am sure and I have no problem saying, so there is not a option that fits my thoughts. So I can’t settle for something my heart isn’t on board with. Hope you understand ?

Blessings

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That’s true, but neither of those fit. For I am sure and I have no problem saying, so there is not a option that fits my thoughts. So I can’t settle for something my heart isn’t on board with. Hope you understand ?

Blessings

Oh okay!:)

(Maybe another, precisely worded option could be added to the poll...?)

Reactions: Not me

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your three posts, above. I've not worn earrings for a long while, but I did a long while ago. How about your husband?
No farouk, and not my son but all my female relatives do. There were some Christian brothers at church who wore a single earing as a sign of being a slave to Christ, but that practice is less popular now.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No farouk, and not my son but all my female relatives do. There were some Christian brothers at church who wore a single earing as a sign of being a slave to Christ, but that practice is less popular now.
Thanks! I guess when you finally did it, it kind of completed the circle among all your female relatives. Having the holes for the option to put them through. Kind of memorable to have it done, anyway.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks! I guess when you finally did it, it kind of completed the circle among all your female relatives. Having the holes for the option to put them through. Kind of memorable to have it done, anyway.
I don't know what you mean by 'completed the circle'. I think apart from my gran I was the first in my family. Not a big issue though.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't know what you mean by 'completed the circle'. I think apart from my gran I was the first in my family. Not a big issue though.
Oh okay, sorry, I must have misunderstood. Seems like apart from your gran you almost spearheaded it and then, "all my female relatives do", the others followed... (I stand corrected!)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Pearl @Not me
Chellz84 said:
My husband has both his ears pierced. Where I live Hartford CT. It is extreamly common for a guy to have both his ears pierced. I've been working in the school system for 5yrs. And I can't tell you how many.. boys have both their ears pierced along with most Dads that come in.
forums dot thebump dot com

PS: I guess the OP quote, above, is pretty relevant, also. In some areas, although not strictly necessary at all, it's what boys simply expect and are expected to do.

(A bit also like a tattoo at 18, I suppose.)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It does seem that in some areas quite a lot of Christian younger men seem to be at peace with studded/ringed ears, anyway.
The Christian men I knew who had pierced ears had little crosses.