Poll: "ear piercings are fully accepted for both genders"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Ear piercings are fully accepted for both genders"; true?

• Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have my view but would rather not say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Sabertooth If not her directly, yet the mere fact of giving credence to cheap and uninformed talk of third parties....

(As if they could seriously say this about your wife's hoops...)
This wasn't a third-party phenomenon generated by our presence. It was the status quo for the area.

In 1950, American vice president, Richard M. Nixon stepped off of his plane in Brazil flashing his usual V (for Victory) sign. He did not know that in Brazil it was an offensive gesture like the "bird" is here. Our counselor was just giving us a friendly heads-up.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It was the status quo for the area.

'It was...'

But 'It is...?' :rolleyes:

(Multiplying words is fruitless, I know, but I'm baffled...Like I said, up here now anyone from preachers' daughters to venerable dames in conservative churches might happen to have them...)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My daughter had two more added either side...
One of my grand daughter has about 6 each side...(small graduating diamonds)
@Helen, Yes, well: it's just something that's done, now, isn't it?

Your family is no exception; the extras are something that so many now really seem to want to do, isn't it?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Rita You may have seen this thread; over here it's popular with both genders, anyway.

Ppl have their likes and dislikes, of course; as individuals; within families...

R

Rita

I have pierced ears, but don’t wear earrings very often. I had it done when I was about 16.
My eldest got one ear pierced when he was a teenager, but with his blonde hair he decided he looked to ‘ girlie ‘ so he never wore an earring again. My other sons have never wanted ear piercings
Rita

Reactions: TLHKAJ and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have pierced ears, but don’t wear earrings very often. I had it done when I was about 16.
My eldest got one ear pierced when he was a teenager, but with his blonde hair he decided he looked to ‘ girlie ‘ so he never wore an earring again. My other sons have never wanted ear piercings
Rita
@Rita Yes, well it can be nice. I think it's fine for both genders, if ear piercing is what they want to do. Like you say, seems like it's the teen years when it really starts being done (with ink also at 18, often). It can all be nice all round (especially in moderation) can't it?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Nancy So do you ever put all yours in (even once in a blue moon, so to speak) that you mentioned in the past?

Whether worn frequently/infrequently, I do think that, with the really long established custom for women to have their lobes doubled and even tripled, it's hard to justify denying a teen boy even one in each ear (if this is what he really expects), if moms already have done 2 or 3 pairs of their own. (Just a humble observation, anyway...)

Last edited:
R

Rita

I am not sure Farouk, back in the 1970’s is was just something girls did - I have no idea if boys chose that or not. I remember you went to the jewellery shop and had your ears pierced.
I am not keen on parents getting their young children or babies ears pierced - never really understood that side of it.
Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Giuliano I think it makes them feel a bit more grown up when young ppl first do it. (Applies to young men as well as young women.) When you grown up, you don't need to regret feeling more grown up; no need to regret having it done, either.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Giuliano I think it makes them feel a bit more grown up when young ppl first do it. (Applies to young men as well as young women.) When you grown up, you don't need to regret feeling more grown up; no need to regret having it done, either.
Is this 'grown up' in the flesh or grown up [mature] in the things of God? Any unbeliever may be 'grown up' in his flesh, but what does that mean and ultimately what good does it do in the eyes of God?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
back in the 1970’s is was just something girls did
@Rita Well, yes, you're right. I guess part of it is that for them it can seem really appropriate if they think that having it done will make them feel a bit more grown up; like you said, doing it at about the age that you mentioned. (Works similarly, for the young men, really.) At about that age, it's what you do; nice because it makes you feel a bit more grown up. (For young ppl, the first ink is similar, too.) School-leavers: getting the earrings put in; first job; first ink; first bank account, even; all part of feeling more grown up, isn't it?

Of course, what would be really good and really important for growing up is to acquire a regular, prayerful Bible reading habit...