Earth, Created to stand forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who created gravity?

When God produced or supplied light (waves of intense energy) into this 3 dimensional space dimension, the outcome was also matter (energy as photons, plasma energy, solid elements, liquids, gases) in various states. An attribute of matter is to attract itself to its own core or center and also to other matter to itself, as an attractive force. Thus gravity is a byproduct or attribute of the existence of matter.

APAK

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
When God produced or supplied light (waves of intense energy) into this 3 dimensional space dimension, the outcome was also matter (energy as photons, plasma energy, solid elements, liquids, gases) in various states. An attribute of matter is to attract itself to its own core or center and also to other matter to itself, as an attractive force. Thus gravity is a byproduct or attribute of the existence of matter.

APAK

Boy, some people have a way of making the simple completed. I asked a simple question and got a completed answer The Bible simple say, In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth. I thank God inspired the Bible to be written in simple language for the everyday man or woman.

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boy, some people have a way of making the simple completed. The Bible simple say, In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth. I thank God inspired the Bible to be written in simple language for the everyday man or woman.

Sorry about that versanumi….
Yes, Genesis 1:1 would suffice although I would not do justice to your question about the origin gravity without looking at a bit of physics. I just cannot help myself in some areas as this one. I used to be a astronautical/aerospace engineer....

Bless you,

APAK

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Yes, Genesis 1:1 would suffice although I would not do justice to your question about the origin gravity without looking at a bit of physics. I just cannot help myself in some areas as this one. I used to be a astronautical/aerospace engineer....

Bless you,

APAK

God who created everything didn't see it necessary to make it complicated, why should we?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture acknowledges that even the earth will pass eventually, and even nails how, consumed in our sun's heat death
like billions of years from now tho...5 i guess
ish

I believe that you think this statement up above because you take God out of the picture. You honestly Think that God who created the Sun can't sustain it forever? Wow, you really don't think God is all-powerful do you?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I believe that you think this statement up above because you take God out of the picture. You honestly Think that God who created the Sun can't sustain it forever? Wow, you really don't think God is all-powerful do you?
well i certainly don't know, but the text seems to tail with reality there imo. "Forever" does not really exist in nature i don't think. Especially for suns? You say i am taking God out of the picture, my feeling is i'm bringing the real God in; suns the size of ours are designed to last about 10 billion years i guess. And when our sun goes it will bloat out to about where our orbit is now. It's happened a billion times before.

Could God twinkle His Nose or something and keep it going another billion? I never said that wasn't possible, did i?

Are we going to argue over what's gonna happen 5 billion years from now?
with straight faces, i mean?
I believe that statement up above bc it agrees with what we can observe, and that is how God created stars

now tbh i don't think Peter is really even commenting upon the end of the solar system so much as finishing a statement--that began with a Flood--about how God's Greatness should predicate our humility.

If i had to guess i would say that he is trying to make it plain that one could be snatched at any moment, that no one is promised tomorrow

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible clearly tells me when the saints will be ruling and it's when Jesus returns. And when the saints are ruling it will be the same Earth.....there is much you need to learn, because you really don't know what you are talking about.
I did not say that the saints would not be ruling when Jesus returns...you assumed it. On the contrary, I said that they would.

I also did not say that it would not be the same earth...you misunderstood me. On the contrary, I referred to the time of "those of us who are alive and remain" on the same old earth - but...the new earth that is, is not a mess, only the old earth.

So...slow down and take breath, you are not hearing what I am even saying...while throwing the book at me.

Reactions: Helen

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

Bless you,

APAK

strange is it not that no one told you that science had dematerialised matter as solid substance - its existence is a bluff but most people including scientists would sooner be bluffed and believe in that which definitely does not exist than in God - twinc

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
I did not say that the saints would not be ruling when Jesus returns...you assumed it. On the contrary, I said that they would.

I also did not say that it would not be the same earth...you misunderstood me. On the contrary, I referred to the time of "those of us who are alive and remain" on the same old earth - but...the new earth that is, is not a mess, only the old earth.

So...slow down and take breath, you are not hearing what I am even saying...while throwing the book at me.

I was responding to your argument where you said the saints are as kings and do reign even now. This is what you said, "Indeed, the saints are as kings and do reign even now".

This contrary to scripture. The saints will not rule until they have been crowned kings, which will take place when Jesus returns. Those who are alive will not be crowned kings until the all those who have died in faith have been resurrected. It is at Jesus' second coming that the saints will be rewarded with various positions of authority to rule over the Nations. The saints are not now ruling over any Nations.

Luke 19:12-27 (KJV)
12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

What they are commanded to do is use the gifts they were given so that when Jesus returns, He will reward them with ruler-ship based on how well each one did with what he or she was given.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was responding to your argument where you said the saints are as kings and do reign even now. This is what you said, "Indeed, the saints are as kings and do reign even now".

This contrary to scripture. The saints will not rule until they have been crowned kings, which will take place when Jesus returns. Those who are alive will not be crowned kings until the all those who have died in faith have been resurrected. It is at Jesus' second coming that the saints will be rewarded with various positions of authority to rule over the Nations. The saints are not now ruling over any Nations.

12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

What they are commanded to do is use the gifts they were given so that when Jesus returns, He will reward them with ruler-ship based on how well each one did with what he or she was given.
Oh, I see...you do not believe that if one hears Jesus at the door knocking and opens to Him, that He comes in to them (as He said), and therefore you don't count that as Him returning, but are waiting for another.

Well...that would make all that you are saying non-scriptural.

Thus, fulfills the prophecy: "the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect."

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Oh, I see...you do not believe that if one hears Jesus at the door knocking and opens to Him, that He comes in to them (as He said), and therefore you don't count that as Him returning, but are waiting for another.

Well...that would make all that you are saying non-scriptural.

Thus, fulfills the prophecy: "the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect."

I don't see the connection with that and what I was pointing out. Jesus left the Earth bodily, and bodily He will return. So Jesus is not here yet. But when He does, everybody, no matter where in the world they are will see Him, and the saints and all the righteous men and women of God will be resurrected. Nobody has ascended up to the clouds to meet Jesus, because He is still bodily in Heaven.

Revelation 1:7 (KJV)
7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 (KJV)
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe we are in the second presence of Jesus Christ, and all those who have died and remained faithful who are of the Heavenly calling(saints)
have been resurrected. What I mean is that the Apostles and all those who have died faithful since Jesus went back into Heaven have been resurrected. Many people who talk about Jesus second presence go by the word coming which is in many Bibles, so many people think they will literally see Jesus. The scriptures show us however that Jesus left earth and went into Heaven quietly, without public display, only his Apostles and disciple saw him leave, Jesus will come back in that same manner, the whole world didn't see Jesus leave. The only way the world will know that they have been in the second presence of Jesus Christ is when the wicked are being destroyed, just like the days of Noah, and I'm not talking about a flood.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
I believe we are in the second presence of Jesus Christ, and all those who have died and remained faithful who are of the Heavenly calling(saints)
have been resurrected. What I mean is that the Apostles and all those who have died faithful since Jesus went back into Heaven have been resurrected. Many people who talk about Jesus second presence go by the word coming which is in many Bibles, so many people think they will literally see Jesus. The scriptures show us however that Jesus left earth and went into Heaven quietly, without public display, only his Apostles and disciple saw him leave, Jesus will come back in that same manner, the whole world didn't see Jesus leave. The only way the world will know that they have been in the second presence of Jesus Christ is when the wicked are being destroyed, just like the days of Noah, and I'm not talking about a flood.

That's not supported in scripture.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes people forget who the God of nature is.

should we call God The God of nature, it seems like when we say God is The God of nature we are making him a part of creation and we all know that's not true. God is the creator of nature, therefore knows how to sustain what he created for eternally

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see the connection with that and what I was pointing out. Jesus left the Earth bodily, and bodily He will return. So Jesus is not here yet. But when He does, everybody, no matter where in the world they are will see Him, and the saints and all the righteous men and women of God will be resurrected. Nobody has ascended up to the clouds to meet Jesus, because He is still bodily in Heaven.

Revelation 1:7 (KJV)
7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 (KJV)
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
That is not what it says - you are assuming the meaning incorrectly.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
That is not what it says - you are assuming the meaning incorrectly.

Doesn't this verse say the disciples saw Jesus ascend? Didn't the angel said Jesus would return the same way He left?

Acts 1:9-11 (KJV)
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Jesus never became spirit after He rose from the grave....He was still flesh and bones.

Luke 24:39 (KJV)
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't this verse say the disciples saw Jesus ascend? Didn't the angel said Jesus would return the same way He left?

Acts 1:9-11 (KJV)
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
Yep it day's he went into heaven, and he will return from heaven in flaming fire, dissolving the existing earth.

When Jesus Christ Return's, It's Final Judgment By Fire, No Mortal Human Survives.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Nahum 1:5KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.

Zechariah 14:12KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-8KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Matthew 13:40KJV
As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not supported in scripture.

of course, it is but I understand no matter how many scriptures I give people that like the people of Noahs time did not believe it til that destruction started the people of the world today will only know that they have been in the second presence of Jesus when that destruction starts. The fact that the scriptures show that Jesus left quietly, that it was not a public display and only his disciple saw him leave and Angels told the Apostles and disciples that Jesus would come back in the same manner(Acts 1:11), that people want to deny that because of their belief, I think is very sad.
Revelation 1:7 is taking you straight to that very last day in which Jesus with his Holy Angels is destroying the wicked of the world. In Daniel 7, we see Daniel’s use of symbolism by which world governments are represented as “beasts” that come up out of the “sea”? (Daniel 7:2,3) So, too, in Daniel 7:13 he uses “clouds” in a figurative way to contrast with the symbolic “sea” and thus to show the heavenly situation where the authority is given to the “Son of man” whereby he rules and crushes the beastly governments that the sea of humanity has spawned.