Easter

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - I read your post - but your attachment us completely unusable.

The PDF you attached was created using "curves" and lines instead of text. It's a common mistake when distilling PDFs among those who are not familiar with PDF. I work in publishing and have inspected these types of files for years. It was simply created incorrectly.
I would love to see your chart, so if you could attach the native Word file, it would be easier to open.

I simply want to understand how you came to your conclusion about "Palm Saturday" because this is an idea that is completely foreign to the historic Christian faith.
I had no problem opening it.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
1st night Passover, Nisan 14th, sunset to dawn, Wednesday night,
A) Starting:
Its night: "EVENING" Jesus SUFFERED
Mark 14:12,17 Matthew 26:17,20 Luke 22:7,9 John 13:1,30; 1Corinthians 11:23
= Leviticus 23:5 "late" Exodus 12:15B "REMOVED LEAVEN" symbolically (Jesus suffered);
= Exodus 12:6Leviticus 23:5 = "REAPED the first sheaf" Leviticus 23:9,10;

Its morning: "6 AM" Jesus led away to be crucified John 19:14 Mark 15:1 Matthew 27:1 Luke 23:26

Its noon: "the sixth hour there was darkness"

Thursday, Nisan 14th, “Preparation Day OF THE PASSOVER”, Jesus crucified.
B) Ending: Jesus DIED
3 PM "the ninth hour" "MID-AFTERNOON" ‘Thursday’
"Everybody who came to That Sight fled and went home" Luke 23:48 John 16:32
NO ‘~rush to bury His body~’.
………………..

1st day ULB, Nisan 15th, sunset to dawn "great was That Day of sabbath" of passover, Friday.
BURIAL DAY
"the whole-day BONE-DAY",
A) Starting: ‘Thursday’ night,
Its night: "EVENING" Body PREPARED
Mark 15:42-46a Matthew 27:57-59John 19:31,38-40 Luke 23:50-53a;
Exodus 12:8Leviticus 23:6 the passover its flesh EATEN = "stored" Leviticus 23:11A

B) Ending: Body ENTOMBED
Luke 23:54-56a "That Day The Preparation MID-AFTERNOON" ‘Friday’
John 19:42 “due to the Jews’ preparations having begun”
………………..

2nd night ULB, Sabbath, Nisan 16th, sunset to dawn.
RESURRECTION DAY:

A) Starting: 'Friday' night
Luke 23:56b "Began to rest the Sabbath"

B) Ending:
"Morning after The Preparation": Matthew 27:62-66
"Mid-afternoon": Matthew 28:1-4 RESURRECTION
………………..

3rd night ULB, Nisan 17th, “First Day of the week”, sunset to dawn, Sunday.

A) Starting:
"AFTER the Sabbath": Mark 16:1
Dusk on the First Day”: John 20:1
"After-Midnight" Luke 24:1,2
"Very early before sunrise" Mark 16:2-8
3rd day ULB, Sunday, Nisan 17th, “First Day of the week”, sunrise John 20:11-17
“Mary saw Jesus standing and knew not that it was Jesus..she supposed Him to be the gardener.” John 20:14,15.
“Early on the First Day of the week He, risen, first appeared to Mary Magdalene.” Mark 16:9.

Once again, men's traditions, like this one, ‘~First Day of Week, Sunday, Jesus rose, and the two Marys came to the tomb~’ are more important to some instead of the actual Truth in God's Word.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what? The 3 days and 3 nights pertains to the fast, not when she went to see the king. A solid clue is that she (Esther) called for fast for the Jews Shushan. Did they complete the fast of three days and 3 nights? OR perhaps they all went to see the king?

BOL, Jewish fasts are for a specific time period. You can't fast for a portion of a day and get to call it a whole day. If you suggest that to a Jew you will be laughed at. There are different types of fasts for different lengths of time, but idioms do not apply to fasts. This is so rediculously easy to understand and provable that I can't believe anyone is questioning it.

That's because the only thing an onah applies to IS a woman's cleanliness or other points of husband/wife relationship. It is part of the definition of "onah". Why don't you look up and research the word for once. YOU are trying to muddy the waters by NOT applying the word correctly.
Just look up the word... It does not apply to everything... Only to things pertaining to sexual relations.
This is patently FALSE.
Accoring to Wikipedia:
The Hebrew word onah, which does not occur in the Bible, literally means "time period" or "season." In the context of the Jewish laws of niddah, it usually refers to a day or a night.

So, it DOES pertain to a day or night in the context of the laws of niddah - but it does not exclusively pertain only to the laws of niddah.

As I ALREADY pointed out - the eminent Rabbi Rabbi Eleazar ben Azariah from the Babylonian Talmud - a "Day and Night" is referred to as an "Onah" - period.
NOT SO! Show me one case in the Bible or anywhere that a prescribed fast is anything less than the prescribed time period! It cannot be done! If there is a call for a fast of one day and one night, it is nothing short of 24 hours. If it's a 3 day and 3 night fast, it is nothing short of 72 hours. There are fasts that are "daytime" fasts where its during daylight hours, but those are still from sunset to sundown... A predefined time frame what is not open to "idioms". You are not going to fine a rabbi at 5:55 PM telling a student holding a sandwich and telling him, "Go ahead, it's close enough."
I ALREADY gave you the example of the fast requested by Esther to the people for the period of 3 Days and 3 Nights - before she went to see the King.
She saw the King BEFORE THE FAST WAS OVER.

Finally - this was NOT a required fast from the Law - but a simple request from Esther to the people.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had no problem opening it.
That's because you probably have similar application versions and fonts as Jay Ross.

There are a host of problems that can arise from PDFs that are not created correctly, depending on system applications, versions, etc. If it's not properly distilled - it is sometimes a bad idea to use a PDF.

I could get into all of the technical reasons, but unless you understand the mechanics behind PDF and the layering, embedding and transparency issues - it would be a waste of time.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
the right file of the sequences of Jesus' journey up to Jerusalem up and until his assentation, for people to read.

It is of course free for people to use.

Massive piece of work but just the normal, acceptable, traditional, for convenience of uncritical mutually adulating admirers and flatterers who certainly will love and prefer it for its lack of demand or sacrifice and the fact it offers no challenge to common sense or conscience.

Meaning, No! TOO popular. Confirms shining pants on thrones of adoration and reverence. Main concern, it deifies deceivers' words for God's.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, it DOES pertain to a day or night in the context of the laws of niddah - but it does not exclusively pertain only to the laws of niddah.
Prove it. You won't find it elsewhere . Furthermore in Sabbat 9 that is what they were talking about.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She saw the King BEFORE THE FAST WAS OVER
That's right... The fast was still going on when she went. She never said she would go after the fast was over.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No - I read your post - but your attachment us completely unusable.

The PDF you attached was created using "curves" and lines instead of text. It's a common mistake when distilling PDFs among those who are not familiar with PDF. I work in publishing and have inspected these types of files for years. It was simply created incorrectly.
I would love to see your chart, so if you could attach the native Word file, it would be easier to open.

I simply want to understand how you came to your conclusion about "Palm Saturday" because this is an idea that is completely foreign to the historic Christian faith.

Yes the original post that I had made was of the wrong file. It was a very large chart and would have made no sense if you were looking for a text file. When I realised my mistake I deleted that post and generated a new post with the correct file attached.

Go to post #85 and see if that is any better for you to read as a PDF.

Last edited:

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's right... The fast was still going on when she went. She never said she would go after the fast was over.

How did everyone else in Shushan know when to end it? There is nothing here to suggest this was not a 72 hour fast.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except if they're Roman Catholic PAPAL pawns.
Like I said before - the mere fact that you can't differentiate between "Roman" Catholic and Catholic simply magnifies your ignorance.

Thanks for at least recognizing that the Early Church was indeed Catholic . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She went to see the king ON the 3rd day. That has ALWAYS been my point.
There was NO need for an actual 72-hour fast because OF the idiom . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did everyone else in Shushan know when to end it? There is nothing here to suggest this was not a 72 hour fast.
They knew that it was over as soon as Esther SAW the King.
I wouldn't have been efficacious AFTER she saw the King.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It says Jesus came where Lazarus lived in Bethany six days before "the days (sehmerohn) of passover feast" which days began on and with the fifteenth day of the First Month which day began on and with its evening (as always all days began). So it was indeed "supper" made for Jesus "SIX days before passover's first feast day", according to <our understanding of time frames for days> not, on 'Saturday night', but on 'Friday evening' the beginning hours of the Sabbath's night according to the Bible 'time frame for days'.

So Jesus enjoyed the "supper" and the following day-time of the Sabbath "at Lazarus where he was / stayed in Bethany"; and "the next day, morning" - 'epaurion', entered the city on 'Sunday'.

Your argument is that Jesus went on the next day to Jerusalem. He travelled up from Jericho on the Friday and arrived at Lazarus where he stayed in Bethany and the next day, rested until sunset, because the "Law" required that people could only travel a small distance on the Sabbath. Went the sun had gone down the people began to come out to Bethany to see Lazarus and Jesus and so Jesus began to walk to Jerusalem to met the crowds on the first day of the week after the sun had set on the Sabbath day and the first day of the week had begun. Jesus riding on a ass into Jerusalem happened on Saturday night our time during the twilight after the sun had set.

So your argument claiming that it actually happened after the sun had arisen on the first day of the week for the Israelites has been a wrongly understood tradition of the "church" for many years. As a bible student you have not carefully considered the facts as presented in the Scriptures.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now here's your own proof that what you have presented is outside of the Gospel story. This namely, your nonsensical and irrelevant and fabricated legalist legalism:

I don't think I would be wrong if I assumed you are a Wednesday crucifixionist. Statement; no question.

You are wrong, as from my attachment to post #85 you would have read that I would suggest that Christ was crucified on the Day of preparation for the Passover which occurred on the Friday, a Sabbath Day within the Israelite tradition which was then followed by the Sabbath day of worship. It seems to me that your scholarship is a little flawed.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They knew that it was over as soon as Esther SAW the King.
I wouldn't have been efficacious AFTER she saw the King.
Please... You are just making up things as you go. Don't bother me with garbage anymore.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Massive piece of work but just the normal, acceptable, traditional, for convenience of uncritical mutually adulating admirers and flatterers who certainly will love and prefer it for its lack of demand or sacrifice and the fact it offers no challenge to common sense or conscience.

Meaning, No! TOO popular. Confirms shining pants on thrones of adoration and reverence. Main concern, it deifies deceivers' words for God's.

What I presented was scripture in what I believe is in it correct chronological order with little or no commentary except in providing a paraphrase of the referenced scriptures predominately associated with the same event. Any comments were added as footnotes and in all the document only came to 32 pages.

Whereas, your document required 282 pages to present your views and understandings.

My document was generated to show how the gospels related to each other by putting the respective Gospel passages into a chronological order/sequence reflective of the storyline of Christ during the Easter period.

As for your comments regarding scripture, which is the majority of my document, they ring out as an insult against one particular translation. The document would have been much the same even if I had used the KJV or the NET translation. At the time of compiling the document some 13 years ago I chose to used the RSV translation. Today, I would possibly use a different translation.

My prayer is that if people use my document as a guide to put together a study of the Easter story that they will use their preferred translation to confirm the chronological sequence that I had arrived at using the RSV.

Shalom

Last edited: