Easy believism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pet

Sep 13, 2020
Conwy
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
another day wasted at church.

1. We will never be holy/perfect until we die/or Jesus returns.

How long O Lord?...

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines

How long O Lord?...
Most churches today are false churches. We have to test every spirit, yes, as you do. The real church is not a building, but the true believers of Christ.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 KJV
Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

Jude 1:3-5 KJV
Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. [4] For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. [5] I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

1 John 4:1 KJV
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 KJV
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; [4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Acts 2:40 KJV
And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Matthew 5:48 KJV
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

2 Peter 3:14 KJV
Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

In the old testament, the Israelites cannot fulfil the law because they were weak because of the flesh and the law of God is spiritual and we all fall short of God's glory. The flesh, because it is sold under sin, cannot obey God although it wants to.

Romans 8:3 KJV
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Romans 7:14-15,17-18 KJV
For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. [15] For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. [17] Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. [18] For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

That's why the Israelites kept offering and offering sacrifices for their sins because they cannot walk in righteousness. It is impossible.

Likewise, us Christians today are like the Israelites before, trying to obey the commandments of God with our own might, using the flesh, but keeps failing. We offer sacrifices which have “defect” and which is not acceptable before God.

Exodus 12:5 KJV
Your lamb shall be without blemish (Jesus), a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats:

Isaiah 1:11,13-14 KJV
To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord : I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
[13] Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
[14] Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

Romans 8:6-8 KJV
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. [7] Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. [8] So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

We keep using our carnal mind (flesh) to fight sins that's why we keep failing. This leads many people to greatly err and conclude that it is impossible to be holy and blameless here on earth and live a sinless life. Because people have tried and tried to not sin, to not lust, to not say bad words, to not offend anyone by their own power, that's why many have concluded that it is impossible to live a sinless life.

Which is in fact true in that we cannot, it is impossible to be sinless because we are in the flesh, but is that really the end of it? Did not God actually provide a way that we can live a sinless, perfect, blameless life through Jesus?

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Jesus condemned sin in the flesh.

Romans 7:24-25 KJV
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? (The carnal man cries, it is impossible for me to subdue my sins! Who can deliver me from this impossibility?)

[25] I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

So God has provided a way, a solution that the Israelites and Christians today cannot do with their flesh, to obey the holy law of God through Jesus Christ. By what? By putting to death the flesh through the Spirit.

1 Peter 2:24 KJV
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

When you put on Christ, you put to death yourself, it's a very painful process of denying yourself. So those who walk in the Spirit cannot sin anymore because they are born again, born of God.

Romans 8:1-2,4,10 KJV
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[2] For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
[4] That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[10] And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

So it is possible to not sin anymore if the flesh is dead and we walk in the Spirit. Those who claim that they cannot 100% overcome their sins, even our common sins like saying bad things, cursings, shoutings, blaming others, lust, gossip, strife, divisions, fights in family, are in great error and that's because they are still living the carnal life and fighting their sins.

God is not the God of confusion but of peace. He has already provided a way that we can obey his commandments. If we do not cause anyone to stumble, we fulfill the law. If you are still sometimes, oftentimes causing someone to stumble, then you are a transgressor to the whole law and is still walking in the flesh.

Those who walk in the flesh are not saved. You have to become born again and walk in the Spirit. Except ye be born again, you cannot enter God's kingdom.

Many err that once they accepted God as their Savior, that's it, they're already born again. No, being born again is a painful process of putting the flesh and its lusts to death.

Whoever does not deny himself, carry his cross, and follow me cannot be my disciple. Whoever saves his life on earth will lose it, but whoever loses his life on earth shall save it, Jesus said. Have you lost your life? We have to test ourselves if we just have the knowledge of the truth but not actually live it.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

How long O Lord?...

Welcome to the forum.

What is the name of the church you attended today? What was the topic of the sermon?

Reactions: amigo de christo

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is a damsel in distress stereotype in pop culture. Where women are portrayed as being powerless. Unable to do anything to save themselves or improve their standard of life.

Damsels in distress need a knight in shining armor to save them. If this doesn't happen, they never get saved.

The modern mindset many have today is not unlike a damsel in distress who is powerless to save themselves or improve their life unless Jesus saves them. Or the government saves them. Or a knight in shining armor rides in on a white horse to save them.

Personally, I would rather hear what steps people have taken today to save themselves. What did they learn today? What new thing did they do that they have never done before?

Pet

Sep 13, 2020
Conwy
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum.

What is the name of the church you attended today? What was the topic of the sermon?
It was an evangelical church. I didn't listen, just focused on matthew 8 on my phone. I only picked up on that quote, which I'm sick of hearing to be honest. My husband joined, so I'm stuck here until The Lord delivers me

Reactions: Patrick1966

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How long O Lord?...

It's part of the process. God is refining us daily. Perhaps God is using you to reach others. Remember, we're supposed to serve him and to "pick up our cross". :)

Mark 9:49 esv
For everyone will be salted with fire.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It was an evangelical church. I didn't listen, just focused on matthew 8 on my phone. I only picked up on that quote, which I'm sick of hearing to be honest. My husband joined, so I'm stuck here until The Lord delivers me

Where would you go if you didn’t go there? Would your husband consider going with you? Would he be okay with you going somewhere else without him? Would you?

Pet

Sep 13, 2020
Conwy
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Where would you go if you didn’t go there? Would your husband consider going with you? Would he be okay with you going somewhere else without him? Would you?
Exactly , where? He's fed up of greasy grace too.
I'm wary of Jesus' words 'be not deceived', so know that I have to be careful what I listen to. Talking to people in homegroup (and forums) about sanctification has proven fruitless so far. Praise The Lord, there are a few 'truth seekers' here. This is church.

Pet

Sep 13, 2020
Conwy
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
There is a damsel in distress stereotype in pop culture. Where women are portrayed as being powerless. Unable to do anything to save themselves or improve their standard of life.

Damsels in distress need a knight in shining armor to save them. If this doesn't happen, they never get saved.

The modern mindset many have today is not unlike a damsel in distress who is powerless to save themselves or improve their life unless Jesus saves them. Or the government saves them. Or a knight in shining armor rides in on a white horse to save them.

Personally, I would rather hear what steps people have taken today to save themselves. What did they learn today? What new thing did they do that they have never done before?
I met a Christian lady at work who's replaced the yoga obsessed one. All glory to The Lord for His answer to prayer

Pet

Sep 13, 2020
Conwy
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Matthew 5:48 KJV
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

2 Peter 3:14 KJV
Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

In the old testament, the Israelites cannot fulfil the law because they were weak because of the flesh and the law of God is spiritual and we all fall short of God's glory. The flesh, because it is sold under sin, cannot obey God although it wants to.

Romans 7:14-15,17-18 KJV
For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. [15] For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. [17] Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. [18] For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

That's why the Israelites kept offering and offering sacrifices for their sins because they cannot walk in righteousness. It is impossible.

Likewise, us Christians today are like the Israelites before, trying to obey the commandments of God with our own might, using the flesh, but keeps failing. We offer sacrifices which have “defect” and which is not acceptable before God.

Exodus 12:5 KJV
Your lamb shall be without blemish (Jesus), a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats:

Isaiah 1:11,13-14 KJV
To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord : I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
[13] Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
[14] Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

Romans 8:6-8 KJV
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. [7] Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. [8] So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

We keep using our carnal mind (flesh) to fight sins that's why we keep failing. This leads many people to greatly err and conclude that it is impossible to be holy and blameless here on earth and live a sinless life. Because people have tried and tried to not sin, to not lust, to not say bad words, to not offend anyone by their own power, that's why many have concluded that it is impossible to live a sinless life.

Which is in fact true in that we cannot, it is impossible to be sinless because we are in the flesh, but is that really the end of it? Did not God actually provide a way that we can live a sinless, perfect, blameless life through Jesus?

Jesus condemned sin in the flesh.

Romans 7:24-25 KJV
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? (The carnal man cries, it is impossible for me to subdue my sins! Who can deliver me from this impossibility?)

[25] I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

So God has provided a way, a solution that the Israelites and Christians today cannot do with their flesh, to obey the holy law of God through Jesus Christ. By what? By putting to death the flesh through the Spirit.

1 Peter 2:24 KJV
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

When you put on Christ, you put to death yourself, it's a very painful process of denying yourself. So those who walk in the Spirit cannot sin anymore because they are born again, born of God.

Romans 8:1-2,4,10 KJV
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[2] For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
[4] That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[10] And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

So it is possible to not sin anymore if the flesh is dead and we walk in the Spirit. Those who claim that they cannot 100% overcome their sins, even our common sins like saying bad things, cursings, shoutings, blaming others, lust, gossip, strife, divisions, fights in family, are in great error and that's because they are still living the carnal life and fighting their sins.

God is not the God of confusion but of peace. He has already provided a way that we can obey his commandments. If we do not cause anyone to stumble, we fulfill the law. If you are still sometimes, oftentimes causing someone to stumble, then you are a transgressor to the whole law and is still walking in the flesh.

Those who walk in the flesh are not saved. You have to become born again and walk in the Spirit. Except ye be born again, you cannot enter God's kingdom.

Many err that once they accepted God as their Savior, that's it, they're already born again. No, being born again is a painful process of putting the flesh and its lusts to death.

Whoever does not deny himself, carry his cross, and follow me cannot be my disciple. Whoever saves his life on earth will lose it, but whoever loses his life on earth shall save it, Jesus said. Have you lost your life? We have to test ourselves if we just have the knowledge of the truth but not actually live it.
Thankyou and God bless you

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Exactly , where? He's fed up of greasy grace too.
I'm wary of Jesus' words 'be not deceived', so know that I have to be careful what I listen to. Talking to people in homegroup (and forums) about sanctification has proven fruitless so far. Praise The Lord, there are a few 'truth seekers' here. This is church.

Given all that, why are you and your husband attending the evangelical church?