End times eschatology and the hatred for it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont care if you say its a strawman.

If Jesus hasnt came back the people are still going to hell, and they are waiting for Jesus to come back to be resurrected.

Saying something is a strawman is just rhetoric… its okay though that is you my friend.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not lie about the future generation he was speaking about. When that generation sees the signs Jesus described, they will see all the rest which includes the second coming and angels gathering the elect. None of that happened in the past.
I beg to differ, but if you choose to not investigate that is all on you, sir. Whether you do or dont you cant call me a nonchristian, if you would ever think that in your own mind. Cause that would be hating a brother.

Called to love despite what you or I may think about a subject.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. That did not happen. There was no rapture, nor resurrection of the dead in Christ and no second coming. Jesus also did not, in any way say he was coming back that soon and the truth is he hasn't yet but he will.
Matthew 24
32 “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heaven and earth has to be understood by a jewish stand point.

The temple is where God showed up at to signify sins where paid for, their land was their heaven and earth,

There are no more tribes of israel left. They all died.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im glad Jesus words never passed away his propechy of that remians true but we are under a new heaven and earth where the spirit reigns in believers today, and God writes his laws on the minds and hearts of those who are his.

I get people saying Jesus already came causes some people to lose hope about it…

Well what is your hope him coming back or going to be off this world and go be with him?

Some hold on this world to much.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people believe God actually hates this world. They are wrong.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew 24
32 “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Perhaps it is best to understand that the Hebrew word dor H:1755 is a reference to a period of time that also has the same duration as a day of the Lord's within God's timeframe of reference. We know from Matt 24:32 that the end of this present age will be soon, probably within the next 20 or so years. When the next age begins, there will be a season of the summer harvest, which will we are told, in Revelation, will be 1,000 years long, after which there will be a "little while period" that will be around 20-30 years long. The generation that Christ references in verse 34 has a duration of a season plus a little while period.

Your link to an article does not show any understanding to what Christ was describing in verse 34 at all. In this verse Christ was referencing all of the seventh age of mankind before the final judgement.

Shalom

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if people look up generation, they will find that it is 40 years biblically.

Jesus spoke clearly to his disciples openly when they where alone:

Jesus wasnt playing around about that generation….

My generation is almost nearly over, in 8 more years. Ill be 40 years old.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It still begs the question, was Jesus lying to the four apostles about the generation, which Peter proclaimed was peverse.
I don’t think He lied to them. But I also believe the generation of perverse continues today because I’ve had my conversation in it, walking in the lust of it. But as you said that is my belief.
You dont have to believe me; you have to choose for yourself.
Agree.
And i dont have to accept what you personally subject yourself to, i do have to love you though, that is of course only acheivable through abiding in Christ.
Agree.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1,000 years is a hebrew expression…

Its like a hyperbole.

1,000 years is like saying this keyring had 1,000 keys on it when its really 40.

There was a reason John wrote like he did… in case the message was seiged and those who didnt understand… would be like is garbage or whatever, thats why he never openly called out Nero…

Of course this is all subjective whether you consider it or just say it trash is up to you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think He lied to them. But I also believe the generation of perverse continues today because I’ve had my conversation in it, walking in the lust of it. But as you said that is my belief.

Agree.

Agree.

No doubt… surely through time history repeats itself, humans are born in darkness until they come to light.

But that generation was straight warned… before Jesus even came on the scene by John the baptist and Malachi.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idk if people cant imagine this or not,

But as the apostles went around in acts they straight called out their own brothers for what they did,

And proclaimed them to be a perverse generation and even Peter proclaimed that all enmies would be put beneath Jesus feet, just read Act 1-5.

Look who is all there the nations and the tribe of israel… some people try to make it for this time like they are still around today…

Sure mirrors exist but that was a literal time of them going to spread the gospel…

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earlier i was telling myself i like the story of when Jesus said good bye to the people before he went on the mountaintop. He told his disciples to go ahead and cross over the jordan or whatever sea it was…

Then i said matthew thats not a story that was an actual life event.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt… surely through time history repeats itself, humans are born in darkness until they come to light.

But that generation was straight warned… before Jesus even came on the scene by John the baptist and Malachi.
Humans are born in darkness Until they come to the light. How does one come to the light unless they witness the appearance of Christ?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im glad Jesus words never passed away his propechy of that remians true but we are under a new heaven and earth where the spirit reigns in believers today, and God writes his laws on the minds and hearts of those who are his.

I get people saying Jesus already came causes some people to lose hope about it…

Well what is your hope him coming back or going to be off this world and go be with him?

Some hold on this world to much.
But you're saying then that this world continues on without end in it's ever growing, pervasive evil. And that somehow this IS the new heaven and new earth in which righteousness dwells? This is a world still filled with evil.

Brother, consider what you are saying.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humans are born in darkness Until they come to the light. How does one come to the light unless they witness the appearance of Christ?

Someone teaching them about Jesus… and encouraging the to read the bible and find out who he is…

My friend who you quoted me talking to earleir in your comment, said after all the scouring and reading of the bible what was the most important to him was knowing who Christ is…

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of mankind. And the Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not grasp it.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬-‭5‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬

Who else holds eternal life, @VictoryinJesus ?

“As a result of this many of His disciples left, and would no longer walk with Him. So Jesus said to the twelve, “You do not want to leave also, do you?” Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life. And we have already believed and have come to know that You are the Holy One of God.” Jesus answered them, “Did I Myself not choose you, the twelve? And yet one of you is a devil.””
‭‭John‬ ‭6‬:‭66‬-‭70‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who had not yet seen Christ in those days where hoping for one day when they would see him appear again….

Its all gonna happen when die today, you will have your “second coming” or you will go and see the Lord appear before you…

That is the hope, @VictoryinJesus i dont have hope in seeing him while i live my life on earth today… when I die absolutely thats my hope.

Jesus is our strength and his Father is our fortress and refuge.

Amazing stuff.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks i have you on ignore. Sorry man. I dont tend to agree with you, cause you like to fight a lot of the times and i hate that, or bicker alot about things you deem wrong.

People can believe how they want and i will love them.

Thank you.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who had not yet seen Christ in those days where hoping for one day when they would see him appear again….

Its all gonna happen when die today, you will have your “second coming” or you will go and see the Lord appear before you…

That isn't the second coming. The first and second comings are physical arrivals. Jesus said he would return as he left which was bodily ascending so at the second coming he will be descending bodily. Any thing else is simply false teaching which we are warned would be taking place.