End times eschatology and the hatred for it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Of the vast population of the earth before the Flood, only eight souls believed and obeyed God's word through Noah. For a hundred and twenty years the preacher of righteousness warned the world of the coming destruction, but his message was rejected and despised. So it will be now. Before the Lawgiver shall come to punish the disobedient, transgressors are warned to repent, and return to their allegiance; but with the majority these warnings will be in vain. Says the apostle Peter, "There shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, and saying, Where is the promise of His coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning." 2 Peter 3:3, 4. Do we not hear these very words repeated, not merely by the openly ungodly, but by many who occupy the pulpits of our land? "There is no cause for alarm," they cry. "Before Christ shall come, all the world is to be converted, and righteousness is to reign for a thousand years. Peace, peace! all things continue as they were from the beginning. Let none be disturbed by the exciting message of these alarmists." But this doctrine of the millennium does not harmonize with the teachings of Christ and His apostles. Jesus asked the significant question, "When the Son of man cometh, shall He find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8. And, as we have seen, He declares that the state of the world will be as in the days of Noah. Paul warns us that we may look for wickedness to increase as the end draws near: "The Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils." 1 Timothy 4:1. The apostle says that "in the last days perilous times shall come." 2 Timothy 3:1. And he gives a startling list of sins that will be found among those who have a form of godliness.
As the time of their probation was closing, the antediluvians gave themselves up to exciting amusements and festivities. Those who possessed influence and power were bent on keeping the minds of the people engrossed with mirth and pleasure, lest any should be impressed by the last solemn warning. Do we not see the same repeated in our day? While God's servants are giving the message that the end of all things is at hand, the world is absorbed in amusements and pleasure seeking. There is a constant round of excitement that causes indifference to God and prevents the people from being impressed by the truths which alone can save them from the coming destruction.
In Noah's day philosophers declared that it was impossible for the world to be destroyed by water; so now there are men of science who endeavor to show that the world cannot be destroyed by fire—that this would be inconsistent with the laws of nature. But the God of nature, the Maker and Controller of her laws, can use the works of His hands to serve His own purpose.
When great and wise men had proved to their satisfaction that it was impossible for the world to be destroyed by water, when the fears of the people were quieted, when all regarded Noah's prophecy as a delusion, and looked upon him as a fanatic—then it was that God's time had come. "The fountains of the great deep" were "broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened," and the scoffers were overwhelmed in the waters of the Flood. With all their boasted philosophy, men found too late that their wisdom was foolishness, that the Lawgiver is greater than the laws of nature, and that Omnipotence is at no loss for means to accomplish His purposes. "As it was in the days of Noah," "even thus shall it be in the days when the Son of man is revealed." Luke 17:26, 30. "The day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." 2 Peter 3:10. When the reasoning of philosophy has banished the fear of God's judgments; when religious teachers are pointing forward to long ages of peace and prosperity, and the world are absorbed in their rounds of business and pleasure, planting and building, feasting and merrymaking, rejecting God's warnings and mocking His messengers—then it is that sudden destruction cometh upon them, and they shall not escape. 1 Thessalonians 5:3.
Patriarchs and Prophets

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Patriarchs and Prophets
Ellen White got it right in most things, but she could not have had the full understanding of end times Prophecy. Daniel 12:10 says that can only come to a few living close to when it will all happen.
She could see that the forthcoming Lords terrible Day of vengeance and wrath, will be a fiery punishment, but what it will be exactly and what triggers it, has been kept secret until close to when all the Prophesied end time events commence.

We can now see what will cause God to destroy His enemies; the attackers of Israel, when they attempt to use nuke missiles in the holy Land. This attempt will call forth Gods wrath, Ezekiel 7:14 and will result in the virtual elimination of all the ungodly peoples in the Middle East area. Zephaniah 1:14-18, Jeremiah 49:35-37, Ezekiel 30:1-5. +

God will use His creation, the sun, Isaiah 30:26-30, to literally fulfil all the graphically described Prophesies. The world will never be the same again. But we Christians will achieve our destiny, being the peoples God always wanted in all of the holy Land. Revelation 7:9. Romans 9:24-26

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“I hope that I am wrong and they will see his return.” To me that is something to hope for. But then you’ll be wrong for that hope that they will see His return. To me that is a good example of esteeming others better than yourself. I did pay attention to you said “however”…then (if I understood correctly) you don’t think you are wrong. But preferring to be wrong so they see His return is worth mentioning I think.

Was talking to a co-worker over the phone yesterday, who would be my friend. He told me that he believes Jesus is still coming back, and that there is a third temple being built. I asked him a few questions that he couldn't answer and all I could tell him is, I can't go back to worrying. Jesus was telling the truth and the apostles were too. While you can believe whatever you would like to concerning these things, the point is to have faith and to love one another as we go through this life.

I don't mind what people believe but if they take time to go back, read for themselves, and put away the traditions they once heard, Jesus had to have been coming back to those people in that generation otherwise the Lord Jesus would have been a liar...

In death we will all go see Jesus, and that was something my friend also mentioned to me as well, my brother in Christ. He believes that you die and you will go and meet the Lord and that is the hope I have as well...

There will be an appearing but just when? Perhaps in death. Is there not an appearing through faith with hope that if we believe on him, he is with-in us by the Spirit of Christ?

Just some things to think about.

Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 3.42.03 AM.png

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of the vast population of the earth before the Flood, only eight souls believed and obeyed God's word through Noah. For a hundred and twenty years the preacher of righteousness warned the world of the coming destruction, but his message was rejected and despised. So it will be now. Before the Lawgiver shall come to punish the disobedient, transgressors are warned to repent, and return to their allegiance; but with the majority these warnings will be in vain. Says the apostle Peter, "There shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, and saying, Where is the promise of His coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning." 2 Peter 3:3, 4. Do we not hear these very words repeated, not merely by the openly ungodly, but by many who occupy the pulpits of our land? "There is no cause for alarm," they cry. "Before Christ shall come, all the world is to be converted, and righteousness is to reign for a thousand years. Peace, peace! all things continue as they were from the beginning. Let none be disturbed by the exciting message of these alarmists." But this doctrine of the millennium does not harmonize with the teachings of Christ and His apostles. Jesus asked the significant question, "When the Son of man cometh, shall He find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8. And, as we have seen, He declares that the state of the world will be as in the days of Noah. Paul warns us that we may look for wickedness to increase as the end draws near: "The Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils." 1 Timothy 4:1. The apostle says that "in the last days perilous times shall come." 2 Timothy 3:1. And he gives a startling list of sins that will be found among those who have a form of godliness.
As the time of their probation was closing, the antediluvians gave themselves up to exciting amusements and festivities. Those who possessed influence and power were bent on keeping the minds of the people engrossed with mirth and pleasure, lest any should be impressed by the last solemn warning. Do we not see the same repeated in our day? While God's servants are giving the message that the end of all things is at hand, the world is absorbed in amusements and pleasure seeking. There is a constant round of excitement that causes indifference to God and prevents the people from being impressed by the truths which alone can save them from the coming destruction.
In Noah's day philosophers declared that it was impossible for the world to be destroyed by water; so now there are men of science who endeavor to show that the world cannot be destroyed by fire—that this would be inconsistent with the laws of nature. But the God of nature, the Maker and Controller of her laws, can use the works of His hands to serve His own purpose.
When great and wise men had proved to their satisfaction that it was impossible for the world to be destroyed by water, when the fears of the people were quieted, when all regarded Noah's prophecy as a delusion, and looked upon him as a fanatic—then it was that God's time had come. "The fountains of the great deep" were "broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened," and the scoffers were overwhelmed in the waters of the Flood. With all their boasted philosophy, men found too late that their wisdom was foolishness, that the Lawgiver is greater than the laws of nature, and that Omnipotence is at no loss for means to accomplish His purposes. "As it was in the days of Noah," "even thus shall it be in the days when the Son of man is revealed." Luke 17:26, 30. "The day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." 2 Peter 3:10. When the reasoning of philosophy has banished the fear of God's judgments; when religious teachers are pointing forward to long ages of peace and prosperity, and the world are absorbed in their rounds of business and pleasure, planting and building, feasting and merrymaking, rejecting God's warnings and mocking His messengers—then it is that sudden destruction cometh upon them, and they shall not escape. 1 Thessalonians 5:3.
Patriarchs and Prophets

Wouldn't that be still true today for those who are waiting for Jesus Christ to show in the clouds, that is gonna be in Jerusalem yet they make it out like over here in America you're gonna be able to see it? Or in Austrilia?

Isn't that a delusion?

You can't see a thunderstorm over in Missippi until it comes over to Alabama, then you can see but by that time you done missed it.

Where not all the nations under the heaven named off in Acts, and where not the things quickly to come soon and then at that time mentioned by John in the first chapter of revelation, and even those who pierced him would see (but they would have to have faith.) Like hebrews said, Jesus would appear a second time but not for sin but to save those who were eagerly awaiting him coming.

All the tribes in that day, and some Gentiles still came and gathered at the temple still, before it was destroyed by the roman army.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While people can freely believe what they will, the question remains still was Jesus lying about that generation that was promised to be a witness to things that he promised.

Having the hope of Jesus Christ and in faith that he had come back ; leaves people to question of "what is there to do then?"

Continue to have faith, and continue to love, and ultimately continue to teach and share the Bible with others, continue reading and spending time with God in prayer, and don't start doubting, and to me the more you stop looking at the world and start looking towards the heavenly the better off you are, spiritually, and it helps renew the mind (mentality), and the soul (heart/will/emotions.)

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
While people can freely believe what they will, the question remains still was Jesus lying about that generation that was promised to be a witness to things that he promised.

Having the hope of Jesus Christ and in faith that he had come back ; leaves people to question of "what is there to do then?"

Continue to have faith, and continue to love, and ultimately continue to teach and share the Bible with others, continue reading and spending time with God in prayer, and don't start doubting, and to me the more you stop looking at the world and start looking towards the heavenly the better off you are, spiritually, and it helps renew the mind (mentality), and the soul (heart/will/emotions.)
Question. Does "this generation" mean...
A. The generation He was talking to or
B. The generation that would see the signs He had just described?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
that is gonna be in Jerusalem
Jesus is not coming back for Jews. He's coming back for His bride, which comes from every tribe, tongue, and people from the entire planet, which will include some Jews.
The second coming is a global event. The preceding tribulation and time of trouble is a global trouble. The end time crisis involving a union of church and state legislating worship is a global issue. The end time harvest of the redeemed, and the destruction of the wicked at the end of a series of global catastrophes and disasters is a global harvest. The second coming will bring an end to life on earth for the duration of the millennium. There will be no-one left after the redeemed are taken home, and the wicked destroyed. You are completely misreading the coming tumultuous events that will far exceed even the flood. The second coming of Jesus will be the most spectacular, loud, exceedingly stupendous event in the history of mankind. There will not be anyone around to discuss it afterwards. Let alone debate whether or not it has happened or not. This discussion is actually quite ridiculous.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was talking to a co-worker over the phone yesterday, who would be my friend. He told me that he believes Jesus is still coming back, and that there is a third temple being built. I asked him a few questions that he couldn't answer and all I could tell him is, I can't go back to worrying. Jesus was telling the truth and the apostles were too. While you can believe whatever you would like to concerning these things, the point is to have faith and to love one another as we go through this life.

I don't mind what people believe but if they take time to go back, read for themselves, and put away the traditions they once heard, Jesus had to have been coming back to those people in that generation otherwise the Lord Jesus would have been a liar...

In death we will all go see Jesus, and that was something my friend also mentioned to me as well, my brother in Christ. He believes that you die and you will go and meet the Lord and that is the hope I have as well...

There will be an appearing but just when? Perhaps in death. Is there not an appearing through faith with hope that if we believe on him, he is with-in us by the Spirit of Christ?

Just some things to think about.

View attachment 36363
You said “Was talking to a co-worker over the phone yesterday, who would be my friend. He told me that he believes Jesus is still coming back, and that there is a third temple being built.”

As you can see by even brakelites responses to you. We all see things differently. This is what makes me doubt God. For example how your friend waits for Jesus but he is takes the promise of the third temple being built as literal. What are the promises of God if not Spiritual? Others say no God is building up His temple, His place of habitation and it is His people. I agree. You are the temple. We are the temple not solo I don’t think but tempered together in Christ. But we all revert to some literal belief as the staple, backbone of our beliefs and it really throws us for a loop (Imo). Why can’t it be both? Why can’t it be He did return to them as promised (in Spirit) and they did witness His return. And those also today who look and wait for His appearance will witness also His return in power and in might without sin a second time?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was talking to a co-worker over the phone yesterday, who would be my friend. He told me that he believes Jesus is still coming back, and that there is a third temple being built.
Separated this to share some thoughts about your friend. This is all opinion but consider you wait also for the return of Christ, the appearing of Christ in your friend. do you fear your friend remains in darkness still? Do you fear he remains in death still? Then are you not hoping and waiting for Christ to appear to your friend and in return you are a witness of Christ’s return to your friend. Do you have Faith in the promises of God that Christ is being formed in your friend even though Christ is not yet made manifest (appeared)…you still hope and wait patiently with your friend and love this appearance of Christ in your friend? Do you keep sight of those things not yet unseen or judge by what is seen when your friend tells you about a third temple being rebuilt over in Jerusalem? You should be aware you’re saying unless I misunderstood you that you would rather be wrong and your friend right that he will still witness Christ’s return. You should be able to rest and not worry when your friend speaks of the third temple over yonder being built knowing this instead …your friend is being edified and strengthened and is the temple of God that is added unto God. God’s workmanship. While his attention is diverted over there, is your attention on what you see is the true temple of God which is your willingness to be wrong for your friend to indeed be added unto the true temple of God?
In my opinion that is your workmanship with, alongside God towards your friend…your waiting with your friend for Christ to appear unto him and your help to sure up the foundation of Christ in your friend. You should know you can’t change your friends mind and only God can come and Christ be made manifest to your friend can only change your friends mind of what is the house of God being built up. If his eyes are over there someplace else… keep your eyes fixed on your friend. (Reminds me of the you’d willingly give me your eyes so I can see), If you hope for this then you also (Imo) seek and wait and look for the Hope of the return of Christ to a brother which is your friend and therefore no enemy of God. But with all due respect Christ appearance in returning to your friend to give sight to the blind …will also make you wrong. Because as long as you insist it was only a promise for back then during that time for those who yes witnessed His return as promised…then there is no reason to Hope for Christ to appear a second time without sin to your friend who is still waiting for the appearance of Christ.

I asked him a few questions that he couldn't answer and all I could tell him is, I can't go back to worrying. Jesus was telling the truth and the apostles were too. While you can believe whatever you would like to concerning these things, the point is to have faith and to love one another as we go through this life.
“The point is to have faith and to love one another as we go through this life.” That is why I pointed out what to me you can’t be wrong about with us your willingness to be wrong that those close to you do indeed witness the return of Christ. That they be made whole in Christ. Complete. This is what it means to me when God says you will not be ashamed Matthew. You may be ashamed of holding fast to beliefs concerning Christs appearance. Men’s doctrines may make you ashamed. But willing to be wrong for the sake and betterment of another you won’t be ashamed. Even if you are wrong and your friend does witness the return of Christ that he seeks and waits for …yes maybe not as he believes will happen but still Christ appearance to your friend…that is nothing to make ashamed.

2 Timothy 2:15 begins with this.
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.

“Accurately handling the word of God” however one views this passage to me there are some key things it brings out. From the words “accurately” handling…to me “accurately” is for another’s edification and not for their destruction. Because the power given of God(given unto me as Paul spoke of the Grace of God given) is for your edification (building up) and not for your destruction.

Avoid empty chatter which leads to further ungodliness. Leads to darkness and death.

Here is key …paraphrasing what it means to me. A warning. They say to you that the resurrection is past already. Let’s look at the witness that tells you the resurrection is past already. Puffed up they speak and teach something they know nothing about not having witnessed what they tell you has passed already. They promise you Liberty in Christ while they themselves are servants of sin. They are out for your destruction and not for your edification. Unto death they lead you unto darkness. Here they claim the resurrection is passed already. If what they speak is true then they themselves are without hope. They who remain still in darkness and death, telling you the resurrection has passed already, telling Christ has appeared already …why are they still yet in darkness? Their talk will spread like gangrene. Men who have gone astray from the truth. Saying unto you the resurrection has passed already. Has Christ returned to them who tell you He has come and gone already?

They overthrow the faith of some. Yet “I will build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail against (overthrown) it.” This is the coming of our Lord where the second death has no power. Matthew you keep speaking of they had not tasted of death until they witnessed the coming of Christ. That promise made to them God did not lie. I too believe the second death had no power over them and God did not lie to them. As promised. But why can’t the same remain true today? Can Christ still return to your friend before he taste of death where the second death has no power over him?

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The question remains still was Jesus lying about that future generation that was promised to be a witness to things that he promised?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is not coming back for Jews. He's coming back for His bride, which comes from every tribe, tongue, and people from the entire planet, which will include some Jews.
The second coming is a global event. The preceding tribulation and time of trouble is a global trouble. The end time crisis involving a union of church and state legislating worship is a global issue. The end time harvest of the redeemed, and the destruction of the wicked at the end of a series of global catastrophes and disasters is a global harvest. The second coming will bring an end to life on earth for the duration of the millennium. There will be no-one left after the redeemed are taken home, and the wicked destroyed.

But that doesn't come from scripture. Here is but one passage that speaks of what happens to the nations AFTER the second coming:

Rev 2:25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

That is the second coming. Everything we read of next comes after the second coming:

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

After "the end" comes, there is given power over the nations to those that are overcomers. They will be given power over the mortal unsaved nations after Christ has returned not before it.

Compare that wording to these:

Mat_10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mat_24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mar_13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

These are survivors of the Great Tribulation. Same here:

Mar 13:9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.
Mar 13:10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.
Mar 13:11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
Mar 13:12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.
Mar 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
Rev 2:27 And he shall rule (FUTURE tense verb) them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

After the second coming and after "the end" will the overcomers be given power over the nations, ruling them with a rod of iron. That proves the rod of iron rule over the nations for a thousand years does not even start until Christ has returned and has given overcomers this power to rule over the nations.

Reactions: marks

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ewq1938 for some reason it won't let me quote your post. "This is what makes me doubt God." Yes. I do doubt. It seems impossible to have Faith and Hope in that which is unseen. It is easier to have Faith and hope in what i see instead of what I don't see. for example, if what is seen is that I'm alone. how hard it is to not by sight but by Faith believe God is with and for me. it seems hopeful that what is not seen is the truth instead of what is seen, but it also feels like a fairytale which makes me doubt. How can i be alone and yet God loves me? If others have the perspective that I’m not valuable or useful or needful how hard it is believe something otherwise that I am valuable or useful or needful to God. I doubt a lot. Almost every day. the worst deepest depression to me would be for God to not be true. For him to be fiction or a fairy-tale or made up or His promises not real because then there would be zero--nothing-- to hope for... if there is no God then the world would be right that only millionaires or those who thrive long and hard succeed. If God is not real nor true then only those with dollars signs over their heads have value. I don’t think that is true but instead having Christ over your head is better than dollar signs. But that isn’t what is visible yet, so to me it does take Faith to believe or decide what has value. It is hard when this whole world comes at you with what it says has value. Even to the point of you must be mentally ill or goading you to fight to succeed in the true riches (what are they?)otherwise you fail. What is true? I have this question every day but keep coming back to the same conclusion… there is nothing worth rejoicing in except let God be true.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ewq1938 for some reason it won't let me quote your post. "This is what makes me doubt God." Yes. I do doubt. It seems impossible to have Faith and Hope in that which is unseen. It is easier to have Faith and hope in what i see instead of what I don't see. for example, if what is seen is that I'm alone. how hard it is to not by sight but by Faith believe God is with and for me. it seems hopeful that what is not seen is the truth instead of what is seen, but it also feels like a fairytale which makes me doubt. How can i be alone and yet God loves me? If others have the perspective that I’m not valuable or useful or needful how hard it is believe something otherwise that I am valuable or useful or needful to God. I doubt a lot. Almost every day. the worst deepest depression to me would be for God to not be true. For him to be fiction or a fairy-tale or made up or His promises not real because then there would be zero--nothing-- to hope for... if there is no God then the world would be right that only millionaires or those who thrive long and hard succeed. If God is not real nor true then only those with dollars signs over their heads have value. I don’t think that is true but instead having Christ over your head is better than dollar signs. But that isn’t what is visible yet, so to me it does take Faith to believe or decide what has value. It is hard when this whole world comes at you with what it says has value. Even to the point of you must be mentally ill or goading you to fight to succeed in the true riches (what are they?)otherwise you fail. What is true? I have this question every day but keep coming back to the same conclusion… there is nothing worth rejoicing in except let God be true.
If I’m being honest I’ve tried my whole life to succeed. To be of value or worth or something acceptable. Is it wrong to think I’m up there with the wealthiest throughout all of history? But I didn’t receive wealth, value, or acceptance the way I thought I would. This little homemaker girl being one of the wealthiest, blessed, having something more needful to give others than all the richest that are in the world? If this is true then God made something out of nothing.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ewq1938 for some reason it won't let me quote your post.

Manually you type [ quote ] put here whatever you wish to quote and then type [ /quote ] Just don't put the spaces in those two things. quote then /quote with the brackets but no spaces.

The easier way is to highlight the text, then go up and click on " up above it's sorta in the middle but a bit to the right in the top of the text window.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So "genea", translated "generation", has a range of meaning, including the group of people born at the same time (like "Gen X"), all the people alive at one time, or all the people born from a certain group, (like a nation).

You've settled on one of the meanings that puts that verse in conflict with a great many others. I think we need to interpret in harmony with other passages. It's not a matter of "we all believe what we want", that's dishonest. Either we are committed to truth or we are not.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, anyone who disagrees that is fine.

It still begs the question, was Jesus lying to the four apostles about the generation, which Peter proclaimed was peverse.

I dont feel like reading long lines of text.

@Brakelite @VictoryinJesus.

Sorry its my flesh; i just off work and listen you can believe what you want. I dont care personally what you will end up beliving, i continue to still believe Jesus and his promise to get the bride in that generation.,.

All people are part of the body of believers that have a family of believers here on earth but also in heaven….

You dont have to believe me; you have to choose for yourself.

And i dont have to accept what you personally subject yourself to, i do have to love you though, that is of course only acheivable through abiding in Christ.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many today still profess that Jesus is still losing the battle and the devil is still around while that is not the case anymore.

Darkness people loved more than the light and everyone is in need of the light of all mankind…

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, anyone who disagrees that is fine.

It still begs the question, was Jesus lying to the four apostles about the generation, which Peter proclaimed was peverse.

Jesus did not lie about the future generation he was speaking about. When that generation sees the signs Jesus described, they will see all the rest which includes the second coming and angels gathering the elect. None of that happened in the past.