End times eschatology and the hatred for it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That isn't the second coming. The first and second comings are physical arrivals. Jesus said he would return as he left which was bodily ascending so at the second coming he will be descending bodily. Any thing else is simply false teaching which we are warned would be taking place.
Yep.

And people where waiting for him to appear…

They seen him just as promised by the two men who said he would come back in like manner. I believe that by faith when revelation came to frution and God used the roman army to destroy his people and all their lands. And Jesus came and gathered his bride and they saw him coming out of the clouds having faith. The faithless didnt bother… even looking or watching.

But you suggest the revelation hasnt happened yet.

Therefore you will always have a counter argument for anything that is not lining up with what you want to line up with what you believe. Its okay…

But Jesus never lied to that generation; people have said its the most embarssing line ever written… some famous guy said that…

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God wasnt ashamed to tell Samuel,

Hey man im gonna kill Elis family line off…

He did the same with the his own people who looked in to the ark of God killing 50,070, people.

He did the same when Jesus came back to gather his bride.

1,000,000 jews dead by the use of the Roman Army.

Why? For killing the son of God which was a great offence to God, and he finally divorced them and they suffered the curse.

Just gotta go back and look at history people dont want to do that though.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is God evil for punishing?

Some would say absolutely.

To me, God is not evil by any means and he had a purpose to end material religion.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believed in what? If you’ll go back and read what I shared with you I’m not disputing that which is not seen. Blessed are those that have not seen what they ask but have Faith in He is faithful who promised. it is my understanding that although they have not seen Christ (in a brother) they do still believe in His promise to appear(in a brother) and they love His appearing for the perfecting of the body. Paul to me is a good example when they were calling him a reprobate, unapproved…Paul waited for Christ to be made manifest in them …Praying Christ be manifest in them…even calling this appearance “their being made perfect” “complete”. How did they (not)know Christ spoke in Paul urging them to do what is right? I get you don’t see it that way. That is what I hope for though …what I have not seen but hope to “return” which is active and not past tense

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Jesus never lied to that generation; people have said its the most embarssing line ever written… some famous guy said that…

You keep repeating that strawman fallacy as if it is a valid point when it isn't. Jesus spoke about a future generation.

It's silly to claim the second coming happened. It will change the world completely and people will be walking around in immortal bodies, even people from the past like Moses. Full Preterism has been known as a heresy for countless generations, and for good reason.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you think about 1,000,000 slaughtered jews by the sword, and you think about 144,000…. That were sealed….

All their family and relatives were dead the cities where up in flames and everything was utterly destroyed.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep repeating that strawman fallacy as if it is a valid point when it isn't. Jesus spoke about a future generation.

It's silly to claim the second coming happened. It will change the world completely and people will be walking around in immortal bodies, even people from the past like Moses. Full Preterism has been known as a heresy for countless generations, and for good reason.
Its history man. Its something believed by faith.

Its not a strawman… you just say its a strawman cause … you say that.

It doesnt mean anything to me.

Reject it. I dont care thats all on you friend.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believed in what? If you’ll go back and read what I shared with you I’m not disputing that which is not seen. Blessed are those that have not seen what they ask but have Faith in He is faithful who promised. it is my understanding that although they have not seen Christ (in a brother) they do still believe in His promise to appear(in a brother) and they love His appearing for the perfecting of the body. Paul to me is a good example when they were calling him a reprobate, unapproved…Paul waited for Christ to be made manifest in them …Praying Christ be manifest in them…even calling this appearance “their being made perfect” “complete”. How did they (not)know Christ spoke in Paul urging them to do what is right? I get you don’t see it that way. That is what I hope for though …what I have not seen but hope to “return” which is active and not past tense
Galatians 2:20 all the best, i dont want to go back. Sorry you mean well, no doubt. The spirit of christ in you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any other points made with already talked to memebers at this point on this subject will be moot.

No need to state what you believe over and over and over again; due to my belief already beliving Jesus had come.

The spirit of christ is in believers the kingdom of God is in their heart and they hope to go be with God one day anf they have a family of believers here on earth and a family of believers in heaven.

Love God and love others, have faith.

See ya later.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 2:20 all the best, i dont want to go back. Sorry you mean well, no doubt. The spirit of christ in you.
Thats okay but to me Paul had not seen Christ in them to do what is right. Paul had Faith it something unseen before it was seen. Not based off what was seen in them but what is unseen. You would have a hard time convincing me Paul went off of what was seen in them calling him reprobate, wanting proof Christ speaks in Paul and calling him unapproved and as one who fails. Paul knew something before it happened which was Christ in them to do what is right. Why that not good news …I don’t know.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats okay but to me Paul had not seen Christ in them to do what is right. Paul had Faith it something unseen before it was seen. Not based off what was seen in them but what is unseen. You would have a hard time convincing me Paul went off of what was seen in them calling him reprobate, wanting proof Christ speaks in Paul and calling him unapproved and as one who fails. Paul knew something before it happened which was Christ in them to do what is right. Why that not good news …I don’t know.
Will you please, Point me to what your talking about with the bible and that would help even understand what you are saying, cause maybe im just to tired to understand right now. Will be going to bed shortly, thank you.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point me to what your talking about with the bible and that would help even understand what you are saying, cause maybe im just to tired to understand right now. Will be going to bed shortly, thank you.
It’s okay. I’m tired too. I’m going to relax also. No offense.

2 Corinthians 13:3-10

Reactions: MatthewG

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps it is best to understand that the Hebrew word dor H:1755 is a reference to a period of time that also has the same duration as a day of the Lord's within God's timeframe of reference. We know from Matt 24:32 that the end of this present age will be soon, probably within the next 20 or so years. When the next age begins, there will be a season of the summer harvest, which will we are told, in Revelation, will be 1,000 years long, after which there will be a "little while period" that will be around 20-30 years long. The generation that Christ references in verse 34 has a duration of a season plus a little while period.

Your link to an article does not show any understanding to what Christ was describing in verse 34 at all. In this verse Christ was referencing all of the seventh age of mankind before the final judgement.

Shalom
Yet, it does not state that.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yet, it does not state that.

AH! but in the LXX Greek translation it uses the Greek Word, "genea," G:1074, in passages like Gen 15:16 which speaks of a period of time which was, "In the fourth Age/generation." From the time that Isaac was born in the year 2052 BC until when some of Abraham's descendants return to the Land of Canaan and obtained dominion over that land in 1948 AD, 4,000 years had passed. As such, the return of some of Abraham's descendants did actually return to the Land of Canaan during the fourth age/generation of the existence of Abraham's descendants.

As such, Jesus was referring to an age a little longer than 1,000-years in duration. Jesus was not referring to a descendant generation, which many people want to make make the understanding of the Greek word "genea," have, but he was actually referring to an age/generation that is a little longer than 1000 years in duration.

Shalom

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry, anyone who disagrees that is fine.

It still begs the question, was Jesus lying to the four apostles about the generation, which Peter proclaimed was peverse.

I dont feel like reading long lines of text.

@Brakelite @VictoryinJesus.

Sorry its my flesh; i just off work and listen you can believe what you want. I dont care personally what you will end up beliving, i continue to still believe Jesus and his promise to get the bride in that generation.,.

All people are part of the body of believers that have a family of believers here on earth but also in heaven….

You dont have to believe me; you have to choose for yourself.

And i dont have to accept what you personally subject yourself to, i do have to love you though, that is of course only acheivable through abiding in Christ.
People will be lost because they didn't bother to search out the truth. Today, with Bibles everywhere, and an internet with the capability to investigate any issue, concordances, teaching web sites, resources enough to sink a ship, there is no excuse.
Stating that you don't actually care what others believe and that you are sticking to your own regardless, tells me you aren't open to correction, and you are content that you know everything. I find that rather scary.

Reactions: marks

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its history man. Its something believed by faith.

Its not a strawman… you just say its a strawman cause … you say that.

Nope. A strawman is claiming something is wrong that no one believes in. This whole "Jesus wasn't lying" is a strawman fallacy. There are two interpretations.

1. Jesus was speaking of the first century generation and "all these things" took place then.

or

2. Jesus was speaking of a future generation and "all these things" will take place in the future.

We know for a fact the second coming and gathering of the saints did not happen because history tells us the saints of the time were mostly murdered and the second coming being a globally witnessed event with the saved dead coming back to life as immortals isn't something history could miss or forget.

This proves Full Preterism to be wrong.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who had not yet seen Christ in those days where hoping for one day when they would see him appear again….

Its all gonna happen when die today, you will have your “second coming” or you will go and see the Lord appear before you…

That is the hope, @VictoryinJesus i dont have hope in seeing him while i live my life on earth today… when I die absolutely thats my hope.

Jesus is our strength and his Father is our fortress and refuge.

Amazing stuff.
I hope you will see there remains a great deal to learn.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. A strawman is claiming something is wrong that no one believes in. This whole "Jesus wasn't lying" is a strawman fallacy. There are two interpretations.

1. Jesus was speaking of the first century generation and "all these things" took place then.

or

2. Jesus was speaking of a future generation and "all these things" will take place in the future.

We know for a fact the second coming and gathering of the saints did not happen because history tells us the saints of the time were mostly murdered and the second coming being a globally witnessed event with the saved dead coming back to life as immortals isn't something history could miss or forget.

This proves Full Preterism to be wrong.
believe what you want.

Im not forcing anyone to accept my view.

Its all just considerable information…

To continue to comment towards me is not needed… you have stated what you believe and i love you eithet way…

Can you love a person whom you would deem a heretic?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People will be lost because they didn't bother to search out the truth. Today, with Bibles everywhere, and an internet with the capability to investigate any issue, concordances, teaching web sites, resources enough to sink a ship, there is no excuse.
Stating that you don't actually care what others believe and that you are sticking to your own regardless, tells me you aren't open to correction, and you are content that you know everything. I find that rather scary.
Your not my Father to correct me.

He allows freedom.

Where the spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.

I love you anyway.

Can you love me though i disagree with you?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That seems to be the issue.

I have been simply sharing considerable information.

While othets fight against the information to be wrong.

I dont care… what you personally will fall into as far as what you believe.

Cause in the end that does matter as far as you and your personal world outlook is…

It doesnt effect the commandments that Jesus said; to Love God first with all your heart and all your mind and all your strength… and love your neighbor as yourself…

If you think its loving to find a need to correct me like your my “Father”; you are wrong… He chastens me when he needs to…

While people say “you need to be corrected”; who are you to say such things?

Defending the faith? Your personal believed faith? That is subjective between you and God?

Then you may need to step away and just let me be myself without your need to “correct” me…

God will put in my place if he needs to… he has put me in the dirt several times in my life because of my own choosing… he always picked me back up afterward and still is.

Thank you.