End Times Optimism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With such a mighty God on our side and with the knowledge the war has already been won, how can a christian not be an optimist. If christianity isn't a religion where one should look at things optimistically, I don't know what is!! For the most part, what is coming is coming on the unbelieving world and not the christians but as the word says, "The rains fall on the just and unjust alike". I'm a firm believer in praying the word of God and the bible says, "The fervent prayers of a righteous man availeth much".

This is what I believe and I offer it as a word of hope to pre-tribbers.

Josh. 24:15 - “But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord ."

Matt. 5:10-12 - Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matt.5:44-45 - But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

1 Cor. 4:12b-13a - When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; when we are slandered, we answer kindly.

2 Cor. 4:8-9 - We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

John 16:33 - "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Acts 14:22 - Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Rom. 5:3-5 - Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; [sup]4[/sup]perseverance, character; and character, hope. [sup]5[/sup]And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

1 Pet. 1:6-7 -
In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. [sup]7[/sup]These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

1 Pet. 4:12-17 - Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. 14 If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. 15 If you suffer, it should not be as a murderer or thief or any other kind of criminal, or even as a meddler. 16 However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name. 17 For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Heb. 10:37-39 - For in just a very little while, “He who is coming will come and will not delay. 38 But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him. 39 But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved.

James 1:2-4 - Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, [sup]3[/sup]because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. [sup]4[/sup]Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

James 5:10-11 -[sup]10Brothers, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. 11As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy[/sup].

I think that what Job endured is the best biblical example of what life might be like for a believer in the 70th week, at its worst, but in the end he overcame and we will too. Remember, in pre-wrath we are only here for the seals and the great trib. of satan's wrath, not the trumpet or bowl judgments. The six seals are the consequences of man's choices that herald the wrath that is coming but they are not the wrath of God. The sealed scroll can not reveal it’s contents until the seventh seal is opened which starts the wrath of the Lamb, the trumpet judgments. IMO, God’s wrath is what is in the sealed scroll.

Some people fear that which is to come and this spirit of fear is what I'm called to help change. If I can't dissuade you from believing in the pre-trib, then my second hope is to at least show you that fear is not the attitude for believers to have in the end times. Of course things are going to get worse but as all the scriptures that I posted show, it is how we, as christians and representatives of Christ, handle the "worse" that separates us from the world. I do not desire to be a martyr but if I am called to that fate than I pray that I can die with a smile on my face and praising the name of God all the while. We are a peculiar people and as such the world should see us react differently to the events around us. Christians should not have been shocked or devastated by the events of 9/11 because we know that God is in control and there was a purpose in His allowing that to happen. It is not up to us to understand it, we are just to have faith in the author of the future.

We have to totally give up on the idea that I or anyone will be "brave" enough to go thru the 70th week or that one would wish to die rather than endure hardship for Christ. That is what the "shrinking back" is talking about in Heb. 10:38-39.
That "We can do all things thru Christ who strengthens us!" should be our motto during the 70th week is obvious, for we certainly won't persevere apart from Him.

It is time for us as believers to do what is unpopular. To declare the things that will cause us to be hated in the world and that is to speak the truth! Apparently, as far as the majority of the world is concerned, all those who died on 9/11 are in heaven looking down upon us and we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that that is not true, but has anyone dared to voice such an opinion? Has anyone used this as an opportunity to say, "See, you never know when you will die so get right with God while it is still today, so you won't be risking eternity in hell." No one has! that I know of because it would certainly hit the news big time and war would be declared on us lowly christian unpatriotic Americans for even suggesting such a thing. Imagine what the news media would do to a popular TV preacher if he dared to suggest that most of the firemen and policemen and soldiers who died are probably undergoing torment at this very moment or at the least, will be going to hell some day. "For what? they would ask." And our reply would be, "For not believing in Christ as Lord and Savior!" and they would say, "You mean that your so-called God of love would send these brave men and women and innocent victims to hell because they don't believe that some guy who live a couple of thousand of years ago was God???" and our reply would be, "Yep!!" Just a simple thing like our voicing the truth would turn the world against us in a heartbeat and start an unbelievable but predictable persecution, We would make muslim terrorists look good, in their eyes.

But just think, some day it will happen and you will have to choose a side. How many christians do you think are really prepared to be totally ostracized and run out of town or lose their jobs and watch their churches get burned down. How many of their children are prepared to take such a stand against their peers in school especially at an age where what one's peers think is of major importance? How many christians will watch it happen to other christians and do nothing, yet thank God, they haven't been "exposed" yet? As many pre-tribbers will admit, such a persecution is possible even before a rapture of their timing. How will you react, everyone?

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Trekson wrote: " With such a mighty God on our side and with the knowledge the war has already been won, how can a christian not be an optimist. If christianity isn't a religion where one should look at things optimistically, I don't know what is!! For the most part, what is coming is coming on the unbelieving world and not the christians but as the word says, "The rains fall on the just and unjust alike". I'm a firm believer in praying the word of God and the bible says, "The fervent prayers of a righteous man availeth much". "

I will address what I put in red.... Christianity is not a religion...it is a fact. the diverse denminations of Christianity are religions.
Could i go so far as to claim Chrstian religions are then facts mixed with man's desires and understanding errors?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Seeking to 'fly away' to save one's soul from the tribulation event is not a show of believing we as Christians already have the victory through Christ.

If we as Christians believe we already have the victory through Christ's Blood shed upon the cross, then we should be willing to make a 'stand' for Him thoughout the coming tribulation. Satan as the coming false messiah will not be a temptation upon Christ's elect who wait for His return to end the tribualtion and Satan's coming to play God again.

This earth belongs to Christ and His servants, and we are not going to give it up without a battle. Just so happens for the end, the only type of weapons that can be used to win that battle are spiritual, and not literal weapons of man.

Eph 6:11-18
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
(KJV)

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Vet, Your words: "Seeking to 'fly away' to save one's soul from the tribulation event is not a show of believing we as Christians already have the victory through Christ."

Again for the umpteenth time, the church will be here and endure the great trib, but thank God that great trib will end with the 7th seal rapture. There are no verses that say it extends to the end of the 70th week as you believe. The great trib and the wraths that follow are separate events.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hi Vet, Your words: "Seeking to 'fly away' to save one's soul from the tribulation event is not a show of believing we as Christians already have the victory through Christ."

Again for the umpteenth time, the church will be here and endure the great trib, but thank God that great trib will end with the 7th seal rapture. There are no verses that say it extends to the end of the 70th week as you believe. The great trib and the wraths that follow are separate events.

You're wrong that Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy does not include the great tribulation time our Lord Jesus mentioned.

The "great tribulation" period of Matt.24 and Mark 13 IS... the tribulation period Daniel was shown in Dan.7:25 which is a direct parallel to the Rev.13:4-7 verses. Likewise with the Dan.12:1 verse as a direct parallel to Matt.24:21 and Mark 13:19.

You're also wrong about what the idea of a 'rapture' actually is per 1 Thess.4 and 1 Cor.15. It is NOT a gathering TO Heaven, it's a gathering to Christ ON EARTH AT JERUSALEM. That's where He is returning, as written in Acts 1 and Zech.14 and the Psalms.

What you've chosen to follow instead is a tradition of man, the Pre-Wrath position, which falsely teaches we are raptured off the earth (which is wrong), and that it happens prior to God's cup of wrath coming upon the earth on the "day of the Lord" (which is to deny Christ's coming on that "day of the Lord" per 1 Thess.5 and 2 Pet.3:10).

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
In Revelation it speaks about the sea like glass with a multitude which no man can count. This is often considered those that were raptured. I guess it could be claimed tat it is those who were risen for the dead, but why make them wait? They could have been risen when it was time. This takes us back to those that are raptured and they must wait for Tribulation is not yet over.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
In Revelation it speaks about the sea like glass with a multitude which no man can count. This is often considered those that were raptured. I guess it could be claimed tat it is those who were risen for the dead, but why make them wait? They could have been risen when it was time. This takes us back to those that are raptured and they must wait for Tribulation is not yet over.

The sea of glass vision of Rev.15:2 is for after... Christ's second coming, and it's about those who reign with Him. That's about the only idea you said above that actually is Biblical.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
No need for a waiting period then, veteran. I gave a reason for a waiting period.... for Tribulation to be fulfilled.
God created time, not the reverse... and so.. without time...every thing is present.

Vet wrote: " That's about the only idea you said above that actually is Biblical. "

Thats just not true, but you will (i hope) discover that error later as we progress.

I understand you are un-yielding in your convictions and I appreciate that as I too am un-yeilding in certain aspects of mine... I contend "certain" for I hope I am still learning and will remain so. However, there are certain areas where knowledge has replaced faith and rightly so.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
No need for a waiting period then, veteran. I gave a reason for a waiting period.... for Tribulation to be fulfilled.
God created time, not the reverse... and so.. without time...every thing is present.

Vet wrote: " That's about the only idea you said above that actually is Biblical. "

Thats just not true, but you will (i hope) discover that error later as we progress.

I understand you are un-yielding in your convictions and I appreciate that as I too am un-yeilding in certain aspects of mine... I contend "certain" for I hope I am still learning and will remain so. However, there are certain areas where knowledge has replaced faith and rightly so.

You spoke of that Revelaiton Scripture concerning the idea of a rapture, and then a waiting period for the tribulation to be over. That idea is not written in God's Word. That Scripture is pointing to the time for AFTER Christ's return, and it's clearly marked there...

Rev 15:2-3
2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.
3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are Thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are Thy ways, Thou King of saints.
(KJV)

Those verse's timing are in connection with this...

Rev 14:1-3
1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with Him an hundred forty and four thousand, having His Father's name written in their foreheads.
2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
(KJV)

Most understand those Scriptures as being about tribulation saints that are killed during the tribulation. But The Lamb standing upon Mount Sion (Zion) means Jesus returned.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Ok, I guess is got a little mixed up...it happens sometimes as I live with uncontrolled severe chronic pain. However, only in the linking of verses. In Revelation chapter 7

" [9] After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
[10] And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
[11] And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
[12] Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
[13] And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
[14] And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. "

I do not link as being those in Revelation 15
[2] And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

In the past I researched a connection between anyone being given a white robe s being a Saint and found no sch connection. In other words ust because one is given a white robe...meaning their sins are washed clean by the Blood of the Lamb does not make them a Saint. I consider Saints above those cleansed of their sins. I will go deeper into this as I recall and re-read.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Ok, I guess is got a little mixed up...it happens sometimes as I live with uncontrolled severe chronic pain. However, only in the linking of verses. In Revelation chapter 7

" [9] After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
[10] And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
[11] And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
[12] Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
[13] And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
[14] And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. "

I do not link as being those in Revelation 15
[2] And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

In the past I researched a connection between anyone being given a white robe s being a Saint and found no sch connection. In other words ust because one is given a white robe...meaning their sins are washed clean by the Blood of the Lamb does not make them a Saint. I consider Saints above those cleansed of their sins. I will go deeper into this as I recall and re-read.

If you continue to read about those of Rev.7 John asked about, you'll find events for AFTER Christ's return linked with it. So the timing of those is also for AFTER Christ's return as those things of Rev.7:15-17 only manifest AFTER His return.

I forget the term, but some label it as the "future prophetic tense" when at times some events are described in a present tense fashion, but they have yet to come pass. Events described in that fashion mess with a lot of folk's heads, but being careful to note just what the 'events' are about and contain, and understanding them per the rest of God's Word, the real time order of those things becomes revealed.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Shortly I will have some very good news for the optomistic Christian. Next week I meet with Rabbi Jonathan Cahn at the Jim Bakker studeos to begin compiling it into book form. It is specific to Israel but will be good news for the christian as well.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
When I researched the Saints and those being given white robes, i was very strict to make sure that my understanding was not copromised. What I mean is... just because one is given a white robe it only means they are washed clean by the blood of the Lamb and a Saint has not only been washed clean by the Blood oif the Lamb but has also given service ontop of acceptance. Attempting to link the two together is to claim everyone that is saved is a Saint. And so, I have allot of difficulty with that.

Although I have many problems with the ways of the Roman Catholic Church....I cannot and will not deny the work of Mother Teresa (spelling?) and in, that I consider her a Saint. I do not see a person, a mere Christian with strong beliefs as obtaining that status quo without servitude.