• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
Jesus is our entire Sanctification.
He is also the author and finisher of our faith.
Do you have Him in you? Are you born again?
So, when we are "In Christ", we are as spiritually sanctified as God Himself, as its God's Sanctification that is to have become "the righteousness of God in Christ'.

= Born again.

= "as Jesus is.... so are the born again IN this World".

Sanctification means to be 'set apart"., and the Born again are "not of this world". They are set apart from it, based on becoming born again into the Spirit of God, by the Spirit of God.. and are now "seated in heavenly places in Christ".

Thats reality.

Our Discipleship, is not our sanctification, its only our discipleship.
A lot of Christians confuse Salvation with Discipleship.
However......They are not the same.
Salvation is God offering His redeeming life to YOU as "the righteousness of GOD, in Christ".
This is a Gift, an = eternal gift, "The gift of Salvation" and "The Gift of Righteousness"... whereby God births your spirit into His own, and by this BORN AGAIN spiritual birth, you have become a Son/Daughter of God.
See that?
That is your sanctification, your salvation, and your eternal life.

Discipleship, on the other hand, is you presenting your body and behavior back to God as your discipleship, subsequent to you being SANCTIFIED and Redeemed by the Blood of Jesus.
To be redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb is to be BORN AGAIN as "made righteous".
Discipleship that follows SALVATiON....... has no effect on being originally "made Righteous', which is our entire sanctification, as "born again".
We are eternally "made righteous" by God through the BLOOD of JESUS.
The born again have God's very righteousness because God it to the born again as this..>"The GIFT of Righteousness", and "The GIFT of Salvation".
So, the born again can't become more righteous,.... but we can learn to exist in "renewed mind" perfection as a disciple, which is to have the mind of Christ = which is to walk in the Spirit.

To become "perfected" and exist as "the fullness of the Stature of Christ" as Paul teaches.... is not found by deeds. Its only found by having a perfectly renewed Mind that always and only reflects God's perspective of who we are as a born again NEW CREATION,= made so by God Himself as born again.

Notice that the NT teaches you that you please God by "faith", and that faith isn't deeds and works...but rather its found in perfected understanding....
= renewed MIND.
That is the REAL walk of Faith, and when you exist in this Right understanding = regarding who you have become "in Christ", = you are existing in the renewed mind, which is to walk in the Spirit.
That's how you live the sanctified life that is pleasing to God, and this state of revelation knowledge....to exist in it, is as Paul says....= "as many as be perfect'.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
Jesus is our entire Sanctification.
He is also the author and finisher of our faith.
Do you have Him in you? Are you born again?
So, when we are "In Christ", we are as spiritually sanctified as God Himself, as its God's Sanctification that is to have become "the righteousness of God in Christ'.

= Born again.

= "as Jesus is.... so are the born again IN this World".

Sanctification means to be 'set apart"., and the Born again are "not of this world". They are set apart from it, based on becoming born again into the Spirit of God, by the Spirit of God.. and are now "seated in heavenly places in Christ".

Thats reality.

Our Discipleship, is not our sanctification, its only our discipleship.
A lot of Christians confuse Salvation with Discipleship.
However......They are not the same.
Salvation is God offering His redeeming life to YOU as "the righteousness of GOD, in Christ".
This is a Gift, an = eternal gift, "The gift of Salvation" and "The Gift of Righteousness"... whereby God births your spirit into His own, and by this BORN AGAIN spiritual birth, you have become a Son/Daughter of God.
See that?
That is your sanctification, your salvation, and your eternal life.

Discipleship, on the other hand, is you presenting your body and behavior back to God as your discipleship, subsequent to you being SANCTIFIED and Redeemed by the Blood of Jesus.
To be redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb is to be BORN AGAIN as "made righteous".
Discipleship that follows SALVATiON....... has no effect on being originally "made Righteous', which is our entire sanctification, as "born again".
We are eternally "made righteous" by God through the BLOOD of JESUS.
The born again have God's very righteousness because God it to the born again as this..>"The GIFT of Righteousness", and "The GIFT of Salvation".
So, the born again can't become more righteous,.... but we can learn to exist in "renewed mind" perfection as a disciple, which is to have the mind of Christ = which is to walk in the Spirit.

To become "perfected" and exist as "the fullness of the Stature of Christ" as Paul teaches.... is not found by deeds. Its only found by having a perfectly renewed Mind that always and only reflects God's perspective of who we are as a born again NEW CREATION,= made so by God Himself as born again.

Notice that the NT teaches you that you please God by "faith", and that faith isn't deeds and works...but rather its found in perfected understanding....
= renewed MIND.
That is the REAL walk of Faith, and when you exist in this Right understanding = regarding who you have become "in Christ", = you are existing in the renewed mind, which is to walk in the Spirit.
That's how you live the sanctified life that is pleasing to God, and this state of revelation knowledge....to exist in it, is as Paul says....= "as many as be perfect'.
There's a lot of truth in what you shared. However, I'll say it my own way, which you likely will agree with.

We receive the gift of Christ's righteousness, which by grace is viewed by God as spotless. We obtain, as a free gift, the flawless record of Christ's life.

By contrast, the record of our own life, even with obedience and discipleship, is flawed. We would be discarded from the Kingdom of God for even one sin if not for the fact we have received, by gift of Christ, his own record of righteousness, which is sinless.

But Christ's sinless record would never be obtained by us if not for the fact we have repented of living life on our own, in our own way, and have accepted Christ's spiritual life as the proper way to live. And doing this, we must display Christ's actual righteous life in our own lives, to show that our choice is sincere and valid.

The net result of this is that we still live flawed lives in the present age. But in obtaining Christ's sinless record, we are constantly cleansed, as we confess our sins, and cannot never be separated from the love of God displayed at the cross of Christ. In accepting Christ we have obtained Eternal Life, and not even our imperfections can separate us from the hope of resurrection to immortality.

Obviously, it is important to maintain this Sanctified Life. Our imperfections can be forgiven. But if we are to be good witnesses to Christ's love on behalf of others, we will succeed in this only if we live obedient lives.

• Love
Reactions: Johann and Jim B

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
if not for the fact we have repented of living life on our own, in our own way, and have accepted Christ's spiritual life as the proper way to live.

You are making the gift of God based on, "Lord i will do something after im saved". "I promise with all my heart to live the proper life'.

So, that is a deal that you claim that God requires to save us, , and He does not require it at all.

Listen, Salvation is a GIFT.
God Said, "you take my Son, and i'll take you" for as long as I live.

He never said....."and after you take Him, i need some lifestyle behavioral promises, and if you agree, THEN, i'll save you".

Listen, God saves SINNERS.
Sinners.
Sinners are not in the position to be offering anything but SIN and Faith.

God saves us based on The CROSS........ not based on what we say we'll do later.

This is why "FAITH is counted" as righteousness, and Justification is by faith.........not by...>"and i ALSO AGREE< to do this and that and be like Christ's life".

So, you are adding to the Cross, this idea of ...>"and part #2, is......i must agree to some Christlikeness".

However, there is no secondary obligation to receive eternal life who is Christ on the Cross., as its "the GIFT of Salvation", and you dont earn a gift.

Salvation is faith based, not works based.

So, You are adding "later discipleship promises" to the original
Gift of Salvation...., as if God is requiring it, and He does not.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

-
He's not saved.
The person in your cartoon is not born again.
He's religious but lost. Probably water baptized and told..>"the water washed away all your sin.
You'll find him on Forums trying to teach that the born again can lose their salvation.
IF He was saved, He'd know that the Bible is a living book that connects Him to God's Knowledge.
Its Alive. Its our Spiritual Light that speaks to us from every Holy Page.
The Holy Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and Christianity.
The Holy Bible is not just God's Open Love Letter written to the world, as John 3:16-17.... but it contains a NEW Testament written in the Blood of Christ.

One of the worst types of carnality on display, is discovered when you see someone teach, preach, or say, that the "bible is full of errors".
This person's pride is so well developed that they believe they can sin/sit in authority over the Holy word that will be saving people by its WORD, long after these self righteous devils are thankfully dead and gone.

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Bible is a living book that connects Him to God's Knowledge.

Its our Spiritual Light that speaks to us from every Holy Page.

Except in the Holy Pages containing scriptures like:

“…you stand by faith. Do not be high-minded, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, fear lest He also may not spare you either!” (Romans 11:20-21)

:hmhehm

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
1 Corinthians 1:30 says..

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and Sanctificaiton, and redemption.

Jesus is made unto us....>"SANCTIFICATiON".

The reason this is "entire" is because Its His that is "made unto" us. Its a part of the "Gift of Salvation".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
“…you stand by faith. Do not be high-minded, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches,

Christians are not "branches"..

Christians are "Son's of God".

Branches in your verse refers what has been "grafted in"..... so this is all symbolic of Paul's teaching on the Jews being set aside while the "time of the Gentiles" in happening.

Now, you dont know this, and that is why you can't teach it, you can only post the same verse over and over.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“…you stand by faith. Do not be high-minded, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, fear lest He also may not spare you either!” (Romans 11:20-21)

Christians are not "branches"..

Branches in your verse refers what has been "grafted in"..... so this is all symbolic

Christianity these days…

The Bible is reverenced as the “final authority” while at the same time being dismissed as symbolism…

1682969832368.jpeg

Reactions: Keturah

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are making the gift of God based on, "Lord i will do something after im saved". "I promise with all my heart to live the proper life'.
No, I didn't say that, nor did I mean that Christ's grace can be "bought." You should probably read what I said again. 1 John 2 says the same thing I'm saying, and it is not "purchasing grace," as you claim I said.

We must indeed do good after we're saved. It is not to "earn Salvation," but rather, a continuation of our initial choice to *be saved.* To be saved we choose to follow Christ. If indeed we have truly chosen to follow Christ, we should continue to follow him. Otherwise, did we ever get saved to begin with?

Some Christians, in fact many Christians, separate our Salvation by Grace from our obedience to Christ's Righteousness. They cannot be separated. In choosing to follow Christ we choose to follow his righteousness. To get saved we choose to follow Christ and his righteousness.

Never have I said that choosing Christ is what provided atonement for our sins. We are saved because Christ "loved us 1st." When we choose to follow Christ, we are choosing to accept a Salvation that has already been bought for us. But unless we choose to follow him we will not be saved.

Reactions: 07-07-07

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We must indeed do good after we're saved.

Yes, all the born again are to "present your body as a living sacrifice", after you are born again.

But, the heresy is.... "you must do that to stay saved"....or...>"you must agree to this before God will save you".

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, all the born again are to "present your body as a living sacrifice", after you are born again.

But, the heresy is.... "you must do that to stay saved"....or...>"you must agree to this before God will save you".
Yes, I don't agree with that either. Those who choose to follow Christ prove they are saved by displaying a changed heart that regularly does good. A truly saved person does not do good when it is convenient alone--he shows his heart is changed by doing good regularly.

Therefore, all who are called to be Christians should strive not just to do good out of convenience, but allow their heart to be changed so that they always want to do good. If initially they choose to follow Christ, but only do good while it is convenient or a fad, then they are not really saved. They should then strive to allow their heart to be changed, and as a result not just do good out of convenience but out of devotion to God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, I don't agree with that either. Those who choose to follow Christ prove they are saved by displaying a changed heart

Yet, Demas was born again, and left Paul's ministry and the bible is silent regarding what happened to Him.

Here is a better way to prove someone's Faith.
Look at their life over time, as time will reveal what is real and what was never real regarding their "conversion".

Also, the Devil is real., and he knows that the NT says that we shall "Know them by their fruit".

So, what does the Devil do?
He fakes it.
He fakes "fruit"..... in other words, He has his ministers well trained in the art of "how to sound like a real one".
And because there are so many, you have to look beyond what they say or do, and find out what they BELIEVE.

See, its in their BELIEVING that you discover who is the dark light,.... Luke 11:35 and who is the Child of the Light.

Its so simple to find out.

2 ways to do it on a Forum.
First, look at their Thread and Post history, over time, and see if the CROSS is never MENTIONED at all.

And, ask them ....."Can you lose your salvation".....and if they say ""yes""", then they are deceived out of real faith in Christ.
Why?
Because if you dont believe that The Same Christ who saved you keeps you saved, then you have left faith in Christ and are trying to keep yourself saved.
And that person, is going to cause harm when they try to "be a teacher", as when you can't even understand Salvation, you can't possibly teach the word of God correctly.
Forums are filled with these fake/deceived "teachers".

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, Demas was born again, and left Paul's ministry and the bible is silent regarding what happened to Him.

Here is a better way to prove someone's Faith.
Look at their life over time, as time will reveal what is real and what was never real regarding their "conversion".

Also, the Devil is real., and he knows that the NT says that we shall "Know them by their fruit".

So, what does the Devil do?
He fakes it.
He fakes "fruit"..... in other words, He has his ministers well trained in the art of "how to sound like a real one".
And because there are so many, you have to look beyond what they say or do, and find out what they BELIEVE.

See, its in their BELIEVING that you discover who is the dark light,.... Luke 11:35 and who is the Child of the Light.

Its so simple to find out.

2 ways to do it on a Forum.
First, look at their Thread and Post history, over time, and see if the CROSS is never MENTIONED at all.

And, ask them ....."Can you lose your salvation".....and if they say ""yes""", then they are deceived out of real faith in Christ.
Why?
Because if you dont believe that The Same Christ who saved you keeps you saved, then you have left faith in Christ and are trying to keep yourself saved.
And that person, is going to cause harm when they try to "be a teacher", as when you can't even understand Salvation, you can't possibly teach the word of God correctly.
Forums are filled with these fake/deceived "teachers".
Yes, there are ways to discern if someone is a "troll" or not. I'm not sure if the Devil has "fake fruit?" What are you basing that on?

But I agree with your sentiment that nominal Christians can walk away, and that there are many who are more interested in offering their teaching than in applying the Gospel on behalf of others. In other words, they are more centered on themselves than on those they should be helping.

In fact, I even believe that those who are truly saved can walk away from living a godly life. They may do so for all kinds of reasons, all of which are forgivable. But the idea is to help Christians through their hurdles, and to forgive them when they repent.

I don't believe salvation is just a matter of believing the right truth, nor is it just a matter of believing, as such. Rather, believing means we choose to follow Christ because we believe in who he is.

In following Christ we are choosing to follow *his righeousness.* We don't do good to earn our salvation because only Christ, our High Priest, could make atonement for us in heaven. We, as sinners, cannot legitimately atone for our own sins.

So no matter what good works we do, we still need atonement for our sins, which only came through the cross at Calvary. We apparently agree on that?

But choosing to live in the righteousness of Christ is part of choosing to follow Christ. These things cannot be separated without compromising who Christ is.

If we choose to follow him we choose to follow him as he is, as the source of all righteousness. He is not only the dispenser of good works, but he is also the one who makes us new creatures with new hearts, committing wholly to righteousness, as opposed to a half-hearted, half-way commitment.

Those who choose to follow Christ should want to do good deeds all the time. If we wish to testify to Christ, as we should, then we should not just pursue good works, but we should pursue righteousness as ones whose hearts have been converted and changed. We should continue to do good all the time, and we should encourage fellow Christians to do the same.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, there are ways to discern if someone is a "troll" or not. I'm not sure if the Devil has "fake fruit?" What are you basing that on?

What am i basing it on?

The New Testament.

Paul the Apostle.

Let me show you..

1.)
New International Version
And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

New Living Translation
But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

English Standard Version
And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

Berean Standard Bible
And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

King James Bible
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

New King James Version
And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.

2.)
New International Version
It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness.

New Living Translation
So it is no wonder that his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness..

English Standard Version
So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness.

Berean Literal Bible
Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness,

King James Bible
Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness;

Status
Not open for further replies.