• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If i had a lack of "translation ability" i could not have pointed out what is wrong with the NIV that you try to authorize.
I would not be able to tell you that Jerome mistranslated much of the Latin Text, which is why Martin Luther began to get the vision from God that the "cult of Mary" is a abomination.....which led to "protest" the CATHOLIC CHIRCH
You apparently are not a "translator." I wasn't asking if you can open up a Concordance or look up a Greek word or read a Greek/English Interlinear! To be able to translate is *not* just looking up a single word. It's being able to understand the nuances associated with how those words are used or expressed in other languages.

Your whole argument against "God is spirit," or "God is a spirit," shows a lack of understanding in this regard. You are imposing your own sense of how "spirit" is being used in the context. The word "spirit" is not determinative in deciding its meaning on its own. It is the *context* that is determinative.

The passage is *not* saying that God is a spirit like any other spirit. On the contrary, the context is determining that *God,* an infinite Being, is of a different essence than created material things. And so He has to be discerned differently than, for example, eyesight alone. He has to be viewed in necessary association with things beyond our material world.

The fact the text is speaking of "God"already argues for a particular kind of "spirit," namely an *infinite One!* And so, the issue of defining God's essence, which is in most cases not infinite, does not play into the context at all.
Modern Versions, are created by people who want to make money.
That is why a modern version is created.
See, there are 300 Bibles....obo.....So, at some point after About 78, did we need another that said..>"its clearer, easier to read, and written in the most modern language"....

See that JUNK.
Its just HYPE....for the sake of making a $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
That's just being judgmental. Erasmus himself likely had mixed motives in wanting to be the 1st to print a good Greek text. But his wish to be "1st" does not cause me to any way diminish the value of his contribution.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said im guessing.

Thats a lie., which is why you didnt use a quote.
I bet you confess sin a lot.
You guessed where I got my understanding from. You were incorrect. The KJV-only argument, in regard to Textual Criticism, came from my brother--not from my personal study.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You said im guessing.

Thats a lie., which is why you didnt use a quote.
I bet you confess sin a lot.
-which is biblical
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

(ean homologōmen). Third-class condition again with ean and present active subjunctive of homologeō, “if we keep on confessing.” Confession of sin to God and to one another (Jas_5:16) is urged throughout the N.T. from John the Baptist (Mar_1:5) on.

We have not sinned (οὐχ ἡμαρτήκαμεν)
Committed sins. Sin regarded as an act. The state is expressed by ἁμαρτίαν οὐκ ἔχομεν we have no (or not) sin (1Jn_1:8).
We make Him (ποιοῦμεν αὐτὸν)
A phrase characteristic of John. See Joh_5:18; Joh_8:53; Joh_10:33; Joh_19:7, Joh_19:12.
His word (ὁ λόγος αὐτοῦ)
Not the personal Word, as Joh_1:1, but the divine message of the Gospel. See Luk_5:1; Luk_8:11; Act_4:31; Act_6:2, Act_6:7, etc. Compare “the truth is not in us” (1Jn_1:8). The truth is the substance of the word. The word carries the truth. The word both moves the man (Joh_8:31, Joh_8:32) and abides in him (Joh_5:38; Joh_8:37). The man also abides in the word (Joh_8:31).

Many other examples that believers are to confess there daily misdeeds-and so do you.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-which is biblical
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

(ean homologōmen). Third-class condition again with ean and present active subjunctive of homologeō, “if we keep on confessing.” Confession of sin to God and to one another (Jas_5:16) is urged throughout the N.T. from John the Baptist (Mar_1:5) on.

We have not sinned (οὐχ ἡμαρτήκαμεν)
Committed sins. Sin regarded as an act. The state is expressed by ἁμαρτίαν οὐκ ἔχομεν we have no (or not) sin (1Jn_1:8).
We make Him (ποιοῦμεν αὐτὸν)
A phrase characteristic of John. See Joh_5:18; Joh_8:53; Joh_10:33; Joh_19:7, Joh_19:12.
His word (ὁ λόγος αὐτοῦ)
Not the personal Word, as Joh_1:1, but the divine message of the Gospel. See Luk_5:1; Luk_8:11; Act_4:31; Act_6:2, Act_6:7, etc. Compare “the truth is not in us” (1Jn_1:8). The truth is the substance of the word. The word carries the truth. The word both moves the man (Joh_8:31, Joh_8:32) and abides in him (Joh_5:38; Joh_8:37). The man also abides in the word (Joh_8:31).

Many other examples that believers are to confess there daily misdeeds-and so do you.
Oh, I have no problem confessing sin! ;) The question is, Did I sin with respect to Behold's charge against me? No, I didn't. I'm not going to confess sin for something I didn't commit!

I completely agree with the *spirit* of your comment. We should *always* have an attitude of humility, being willing to be corrected, and being able to recognize our sin that we are *constantly* having to overcome. Thank you!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Your whole argument against "God is spirit," or "God is a spirit," shows a lack of understanding in this regard.

That God is THE Holy Spirit, which is a different spirit then the un-holy Spirit, or the spirit in a dog.......has to be clearly distinguished in a "Bible", or that so called bible is denying that God's HOLY Spirit is OF God, and different than the one in Satan, or in a Dog.

Im glad you are arguing that "God is A Spirit", is not important, (to you).... or relevant, as i do enjoy it when someone like you does not realize what you are revealing about yourself and your cult.

Who does realize it?
God.
Christ
The Holy Spirit
and.....ALL The people who are reading my Threads, as my Threads, HIGHLIGHT Heretics.

You can believe that, as that is the other reason i write Threads on Forums, Randy.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-which is biblical

Yes, its in the bible.
But that does not always and without exception make it doctrine for the born again Christian.

Now, Listen carefully and you can end something that is hindering your REAL walk of Faith.

1.) Realize....

= The Born again dont have any sin, as you can't have any and be "in Christ". (all the born again). You can't have any sin and be "One with God"..
You can't have any sin and be "seated in Heavenly Places".. = Born Again.
The reason the Born again dont have any sin, is because "God hath made Jesus to be SIN for US"... and God has given to us "the GIFT of Righteousness".
Thats what the born again HAVE.
This is why the Born again are "SAINTS" and not sinners.
Heirs of God
Joint Heirs with Jesus.
Have Eternal life

2.) Why was "Jesus made sin for us". 2000 yrs ago...On The Cross?

= """that we might be MADE
= the righteousness of God in Christ"... Today, Yesterday, and Forever.

Notice...>"The righteousness of GOD"...... is Where?

Where is it??

= Its "IN CHRIST".... is the "Righteousness of God" ......and who is "IN CHRIST" where the "righteousness of God"" is found? ??

A.) ALL the Born again.......are "in Christ" having been "made righteous"... as "the Righteousness of God" "in Christ".

Saint, if you are born again you are BIRTHED Spiritually into the Spirit of God, BY THE Holy Spirit.
There is no sin found there and you are IN THERE. = "in Christ"... "one with God".

A.) Welcome to : Born Again.

and "Jesus said, you must be born again"........ or you still have your sin, and you are not going to heaven, as there is no sin found there.
So the next question is... Then why do you confess sin if you are Born Again "in Christ"?

A.) Exactly.......and i can feel the fangs and the sharp blades already.....but just keep reading, and dont attack yet.

3.) Why do you, confess sin.... if Jesus has died for it all 2000 yrs ago, and Romans 4:8 says God does not charge you with any, and 2 Corinthians 5:19 says the same?
Its because you dont understand the Cross or God's Grace or Salvation, or you use to understand it and a DECEIVER caused you to "fall from Grace".
its usually a "church", or a "denomination" or a "commentary set"..... you've been using for a long time. But plenty of Forums have these people on them who will talk you right out of truth and right into SELF SAVING...= Trying to Stay Saved, and they will teach you that "Christianity is all about sinning, confessing, repeat".
Its not.

You also "confess" because that helps you out of your guilt trip.......most of all. Its your ritual. You do something that offends your conscience, then you feel horrible that you did it for the 35th time, and you cry, probably, and you confess to God, again, and by the next day, you feel better, and by day 3, you are good to go, and by day 7, you did it again, and back to the confession guilt trip remedy you go.
Thing is..
"Jesus is the one time eternal sacrifice for ALL sin"....

Here is what is literally happening. You are confessing, while God is wondering why you dont learn some BIBLE and get your FAITH RIGHT .

The Clock is ticking.....

4.) Now, ive no doubt that some people will come to this THREAD.... and demand that you are to confess, as they do, habitually.
Just tell them that you'd rather Praise Beautiful Jesus instead for taking your sin and dying for them all so that you can be redeemed, forgiven, and have become ""IN CHRIST"..where no sin is ever found.

Spend your time thanking God for Salvation instead of wasting time confessing what Christ has already died AS.. = "as God has made Jesus to be sin for us".

Are you born again, ????? then there go your sin., as "God has made Jesus to be sin for us". = That is the CROSS OF CHRIST.
If you're not born again, then confess and repent 1 John 1:9. and Christ will die for yours also....and then you will become 1 John 3:9

And one more.
John the Apostle does not have any sin. Nor does Paul and that is why Paul never says a word, a verse, or even hints that he confesses "sin", as a born again believer. Not ONCE, in any Epistle, and he wrote most of the NT Epistles, Saint.
How do you know Paul doesn't "confess" sin? "Because God made Jesus to be sin for US"... and Paul should know,
as PAUL WROTE THE VERSE......
So Learn that these PREACHERS sometimes preached to the lost, and they would say.."WE", when they literally meant, "them".

Paul does this also in Hebrews 10 as in those verses Paul also says to some unsaved HEBREWS.. "we", but He's not the one who is "willfully sinning". and "trodding underfoot the Blood of Christ". = THEY ARE... they are the "WE"....>not Paul who is PREACHING the Blood of Jesus as the Cross of Yeshua
Their MESSIAH..... to these hateful Christ rejecting HEBREWS (unsaved jews).

So, you have to learn something about "rightly dividing the word" or you will literally damn yourself with verses that are not pointed at "the body of Christ"...
Very important that you understand that Theological reality.

• Love

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Calling other Christians "sinners"

I didnt call you a sinner.
Stop lying, as your witness here, keeps getting more corrupted by your dishonesty.

YOU said you "confess sin".

YOU Just told us that in the previous post.

I didnt say it about you, Randy.
I only QUOTED YOU.

Confused again?
seems so.

So, if you said you confess sin, then you are testifying that you SIN......sinner.

1+1 = YOU

I then told you that you sin because you dont know how to stop.
Thats the truth.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didnt call you a sinner.
Stop lying, as your witness here, keeps getting more corrupted by your dishonesty.

YOU said you "confess sin".

YOU Just told us that in the previous post.

I didnt say it about you, Randy.
I only QUOTED YOU.

Confused again?
seems so.

So, if you said you confess sin, then you are testifying that you SIN......sinner.

1+1 = YOU

I then told you that you sin because you dont know how to stop.
Thats the truth.
I said we must regularly overcome sin, and you said I "don't know how to stop." I was assuming that you were suggesting I regularly sin and am unable to overcome it? That is calling me a "sinner."

I've lost all respect for your ability to "minister" and for your ability to share the Bible. You obviously have a huge ego, and are full of venom towards your brothers in Christ when they don't sign onto all you say. You are obviously deifying yourself, or a one-man vote for your "sainthood."

I'm done with you for now, unless you wish to speak on "equal terms," and in less of a condescending way?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I said we must regularly overcome sin,

Just stop trying to change what you said.

Here is your quote, Randy
You even put a SMILEY/WINK = on the statement that you confess sin.
You're smiling..winking.
Your sinning is funny to you?
That's beyond carnal......That's carnality on STEROIDS, fella. Mr "bible theologian".. .Mr "Greek Student"

Look at your quote.
Look at your "smiley".

Randy Kluth wrote :

'""""""" Oh, I have no problem confessing sin! ;) """"""""

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Brother @Behold, isn’t it offensive to confess our sins to God, when Jesus already paid the price for sin, by giving up his life, so that we the born again can be set free from sin?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
" Oh, I have no problem confessing sin! ;) """"""""
Despite what you say, in contradistinction of what stands written-
ἵνα ἀφῇ. In spite of what some eminent scholars have said to the contrary, it is perhaps true that the Greek for these words includes to some extent the idea of intention and aim. Comp. 1Jn_3:1; Joh_4:34; Joh_6:29; Joh_6:40; Joh_12:23; Joh_13:1.

Thus the Vulgate and Beza, fidelis est et justus, ut remittat nobis peccata nostra; and Wiclif, ‘He is feithful and just that He forgeve to us oure synnes’; and the Rhemish, ‘He is faithful and just, for to forgive us our sinnes.’

In S. John we find the conviction deeply rooted that all things happen in accordance with the decrees of God: events are the results of His purposes. And this conviction influences his language: so that constructions (ἵνα) which originally indicated a purpose, and which even in late Greek do not lose this meaning entirely, are specially frequent in his writings: see on Joh_5:36. It is God’s decree and aim that His faithfulness and righteousness should appear in His forgiving us and cleansing us from sin. “Forgiveness and cleansing are ends to which God, being what He is, has regard” (Westcott).

See Haupt’s note and Winer, 577. Those particular acts of which we are conscious and which we have confessed are indicated by τὰς ἁμαρτίας: ἁμαρτία in the singular may be either sin in the abstract (Joh_16:9) or a single act of sin (1Jn_5:16); ἁμαρτίαι in the plural must mean particular sinful acts (1Jn_2:2; 1Jn_2:12; 1Jn_3:5; 1Jn_5:10). Comp. Psa_32:5; Pro_28:13, where the doctrine, that confession of sins (not admission of sinfulness) leads to forgiveness, is plainly stated.

καθαρίσῃ ἡμ. ἀπὸ π. ἀδικίας. Not a repetition in other words of ἀφῇ τὰς ἁμ. It is a second and distinct result of our confession:

1. We are absolved from sin’s punishment; 2. We are freed from sin’s pollution. The reference to the phraseology of the Temple is obvious (Heb_9:23; Joh_2:6; Joh_3:25).

The one affects our peace, the other our character. The forgiveness is the averting of God’s wrath; the cleansing is the beginning of holiness. “He takes from thee an evil security, and puts in a useful fear” (Augustine). Possibly, as in 1Jn_1:6, there is exact correspondence between the two clauses. There, ψευδόμεθα evidently refers to εἴπωμεν, ποιοῦμεν to περιπατῶμεν. Here, ἀφῇ may look back to πιατός, καθαρίσῃ to δίκαιος. God is ‘faithful’ in forgiving our sins, because He has promised to do so, ‘righteous’ in cleansing us from unrighteousness, because reunion with Him banishes what is contrary to Him. Light must expel darkness.

ἐὰν ὁμολ. τὰς ἁμαρτ. ἡμῶν. The opposite case is now taken and developed, as in 1Jn_1:7 : see note there. But here we have no δέ, and the asyndeton is telling. Greek has such a wealth of connecting particles, that in that language asyndeton is specially remarkable.

Here there is expansion and progress, not only in the second half of the verse where ‘He is faithful and righteous’ takes the place of ‘we are true’; but in the first half also; where ‘confess our sins’ takes the place of ‘say we have sin.’

The latter admission costs us little: the confession of the particular sins which we have committed costs a good deal, and is a guarantee of sincerity. He who refuses to confess, may perhaps desire, but certainly does not seek forgiveness.

‘He that covereth his transgressions shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall obtain mercy’ (Pro_28:13). Obviously confession to Him who is ‘faithful and righteous,’ and to those ‘selves’ whom we should otherwise ‘lead astray,’ is all that is meant. The passage has nothing to do with the question of confession to our fellowmen. Elsewhere S. John uses ὁμολογεῖν only of confessing Christ (1Jn_2:23; 1Jn_4:2-3; 1Jn_4:15; 2Jn_1:7; Joh_1:20; Joh_9:22; Joh_12:42; Rev_3:5).

--and here-

John’s teaching cannot be rightly apprehended unless the distinction between the sin of the regenerate man and of the unregenerate man is fully recognised.

The unregenerate man sins as the expression of a will that is set against God.

The regenerate man sins by persuasion of bodily frailty, or at most by the temporary bending aside of his will. Christians do sin. Their sin would disturb fellowship.

But the liability to sin has been taken into merciful account, and due provision has been made for it.

1. It is expected that the Christian man will, by confession, clear himself of all suspicion of having his will in his sin.

2. Then God will entirely forgive the sin, and remove it as a hindrance to fellowship.

3. And even more, God will, in the power of the blood of Christ, cleanse the Christian from all the evil influences of his sin, and help him to recover the power which he must have temporarily lost, or he could not have yielded to the sin. The condition of fellowship with the Light is our being, at least in central purpose, also light. The privilege is a gracious provision for the imperfections which, at the best, attach to the human light.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 John 3:9
Context Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

New Living Translation
Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of God.

English Standard Version
No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Berean Standard Bible
Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Berean Literal Bible
Anyone having been born of God does not practice sin, because His seed abides in him, and he is not able to continue sinning, because he has been born of God.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
NASB, TEV  "or have already become perfect"
NKJV, Peshitta  "or am already perfected"
NRSV  "or have already reached the goal"
NJB  "nor yet reached my goal"
This is a PERFECT PASSIVE INDICATIVE with the implication that something happened in the past which has become a settled state and this was accomplished by God. The term itself meant

fully developed
fully equipped
complete
mature
adequate
It did not have the English connotation of perfection or sinlessness.

"as many as are perfect" This is the same term "perfect" as Phil. 3:12 but Paul is using it in two different senses. Christians can be mature without being sinless (cf. 1 Cor. 2:6; 14:20; Eph. 4:13; Heb. 5:14; 6:1).

A big difference in being sinless and being potentially sinless.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
1 John 3:9
Context Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

New Living Translation
Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of God.

English Standard Version
No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Berean Standard Bible
Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Berean Literal Bible
Anyone having been born of God does not practice sin, because His seed abides in him, and he is not able to continue sinning, because he has been born of God.
How do you read it-"practice" "cannot go on sinning?"

What does it mean to confess? Listen to the sermon and tell me.
"cleanses us from all sin" This is a PRESENT ACTIVE INDICATIVE. The term "sin" is SINGULAR with no ARTICLE. This implies every kind of sin. Notice this verse is not focusing on a one-time cleansing (salvation), but on an ongoing cleansing (the Christian life, cf. 1 John 1:9). Both are part of the Christian experience (cf. John 13:10).

1:8 "If we say that we have no sin" This is another THIRD CLASS CONDITIONAL SENTENCE. Sin is a spiritual reality in a fallen world (cf. Genesis 3; Rom. 1:18-3:20), even for believers (cf. Romans 7; Eph. 4:14; 6:10-18). John's Gospel addresses this issue often (cf. John 9:41; 15:22,24; 19:11). This verse rejects all ancient and modern claims that deny individual moral responsibility.

"we are deceiving ourselves" This Greek phrase refers to personal, willful rejection of truth, not ignorance. All humans know something of God from nature (Ps. 19:1-6; Rom. 1:18-23) and an inner moral witness (Rom. 2:11-15).

"the truth is not in us" The way to acceptance by a Holy God is not denial, but recognition of our sin and acceptance of His provision in Christ (cf. Rom. 3:21-31). "The truth" can refer to the message about Jesus or the person of Jesus (cf. John 14:6).

1:8,9 "If" These are both THIRD CLASS CONDITIONAL SENTENCES which means potential action.

1:9 "confess" This is a compound Greek term from "to speak" and "the same." Believers continue to agree with God that they have violated His holiness (cf. Rom. 3:23). It is PRESENT TENSE, which implies ongoing action. Confession implies

a specific naming of sins (1 John 1:9)
a public admitting of sins (cf. Matt. 10:32; James 5:16)
a turning from specific sins (cf. Matt. 3:6; Mark 1:5; Acts 19:18; James 5:16)

1 John uses this term quite often (cf. 1 John 1:9; 4:2,3,15; 2 John 7). Jesus' death is the means of forgiveness, but sinful mankind must respond and continue to respond in faith to be saved (cf. John 1:12; 3:16).

"our sins" Notice the PLURAL. This refers to specific acts of sin.

"He is faithful" This refers to God the Father (cf. Deut. 7:9; 32:4; Ps. 36:5; 40:10; 89:1,2,5,8; 92:2; 119:90; Isa. 49:7; Rom. 3:3; 1 Cor. 1:9; 10:13; 2 Cor. 1:18; 1 Thess. 5:24; 2 Tim. 2:13). God the Father's unchanging, merciful, faithful character is our surest hope! This phrase accentuates God's faithfulness to His Word (cf. Heb. 10:23;11:11). This may also refer to God's New Covenant promise made in Jer. 31:34 (cf. Ezek. 36:22-36), which promised the forgiveness of sins.

"and righteous" This term is unusual in a context related to a holy God freely pardoning unholy people. However, this is theologically accurate because God takes our sins seriously, yet He has provided the means for our forgiveness in the substitutionary death of Christ (cf. Rom. 3:21-31).

"forgive . . . cleanse" These are both AORIST ACTIVE SUBJUNCTIVES. These two terms are synonymous in this context; they refer both to the salvation of the lost and to the ongoing cleansing necessary to maintain fellowship with God (i.e., when God forgives, God fogets, cf. Isa. 1:18; 38:17; 43:25; 44:22; Ps. 103:3,11-13; Mic. 7:19).

The false teachers who denied the gospel, needed salvation. Believers who continue to commit acts of sin need restoration of fellowship. John seems to address the first group implicitly and the second explicitly.

1:10 "If we say" See note at 1 John 1:6.

"we have not sinned" This is a PERFECT ACTIVE INDICATIVE which implies that one has never sinned in the past nor in the present. The term "sinned" is SINGULAR and refers to sin in general. The Greek term means "to miss the mark." This means that sin is both the commission and the omission of the things revealed in God's Word. The false teachers claimed salvation was related only to knowledge, not to life. They theologically separated justification and sanctification.

I'm not trying to justify "sinning" nor stealing you from @Behold

"we make Him a liar" The gospel is based on the sinfulness of all mankind (cf. Rom. 3:9-18,23; 5:1; 11:32). Either God (cf. Rom. 3:4) or those who claim sinlessness, is lying.

"His word is not in us" This involves the dual aspect of the term "logos," both as a message and a person (cf. 1 John 1:1,8; John 14:6). John often refers to this as "truth."

I'm not trying to justify "sinning" nor stealing you from @Behold, but you seem to jump hither and thither.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Brother @Behold, isn’t it offensive to confess our sins to God, when Jesus already paid the price for sin, by giving up his life, so that we the born again can be set free from sin?

Thank you for the question...

Here is a good way to understand all this....

1.) If Jesus has our sin, and we have His righteousness, then what are we confessing?

If we are Joined To God, then from that Place, what are we confessing?

If 2 Corinthians 5:19 and Romans 4:8, teach, (Paul) that God does not charge you for your sin.......because Jesus has them all....then a person who is confessing what God does not charge against you, ....is not doing anything except trying to get rid of their guilt trip.
This is the only result that happens from confessing sin.......it makes you feel better....
It does not make God feel better.
What makes God feel better is when the believer understands some Bible and learns to TRUST instead of trying to keep themselves saved.

"confessing" means you are trying to get re-forgiven..

See that?

2.) So, to be Re-forgiven, Jesus would have to DIE AGAIN on the Cross for your sin, again.
Not going to happen.
Why not?

Because ..."Jesus is the ONE TIME.....= ETERNAL SACRIFICE ...for our sin"...

"eternal".

The forever sacrifice for it ALL.. The last time its necessary, sacrifice.

ONE and DONE.

3.) What causes all this confusion about 1 John 1:9, is that this verse is not given to the Child of God as doctrine.
That's the issue.

Notice that Paul says in 2 Corinthians 5:19 and Romans 4:8.... teaches that God does not charge sin to you.

While John in 1 John 1:9. says..>"if we say we have no sin".

PAUL JUST TOLD US THAT GOD DOES NOT CHARGE SIN against us.........and John just told you to confess it, because you have it.

FEW people read any bible, so they dont realize this CONTRADiCTION......that isn't.

Reader..

Paul is talking to you the born again....= God does not charge sin to you., as He charged it to JESUS who died for it ALL.

John is talking to the unbeliever = Tells them to confess sin, because THEY have it.........not the born again Christian.

See that?

GET THAT REVELATiON, and watch how your walk with God becomes RIGHT and FREE and Powerful.

Last edited:
  • Love

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Despite what you say, in contradistinction of what stands written-
1.) If Jesus has our sin, and we have His righteousness, then what are we confessing?

If we are Joined To God, then from that Place, what are we confessing?

If 2 Corinthians 5:19 and Romans 4:8, teach, (Paul) that God does not charge you for your sin.......because Jesus has them all....then a person who is confessing what God does not charge against you, ....is not doing anything except trying to get rid of their guilt trip.
This is the only result that happens from confessing sin.......it makes you feel better....
It does not make God feel better.
What makes God feel better is when the believer understands some Bible and learns to TRUST instead of trying to keep themselves saved.

"confessing" means you are trying to get re-forgiven..

See that?

2.) So, to be Re-forgiven, Jesus would have to DIE AGAIN on the Cross for your sin, again.
Not going to happen.
Why not?

Because ..."Jesus is the ONE TIME.....= ETERNAL SACRIFICE ...for our sin"...

"eternal".

The forever sacrifice for it ALL.. The last time its necessary, sacrifice.

ONE and DONE.

3.) What causes all this confusion about 1 John 1:9, is that this verse is not given to the Child of God as doctrine.
That's the issue.

Notice that Paul says in 2 Corinthians 5:19 and Romans 4:8 that God does not charge sin to you.

While John in 1 John 1:9. says..>"if we say we have no sin".

PAUL JUST TOLD US THAT GOD DOES NOT CHARGE SIN against us.........and John just told you to confess it, because you have it.

FEW people read any bible, so they dont realize this CONTRADiCTION......that isn't.

Reader..

Paul is talking to you the born again....= God does not charge sin to you., as He charged it to JESUS who died for it ALL.

John is talking to the unbeliever = Tells them to confess sin, because THEY have it.........not the born again Christian.

See that?

GET THAT REVELATiON, and watch how your walk with God becomes RIGHT and FREE and Powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.