• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is my solace @marks, a daily yielding, a daily renewing of the mind, a daily surrendering.
Accumulative head knowledge is not going to work, it is a utter yielding and reposing in union with Christ through the energetic work of the Holy Spirit, bringing about victory, daily.
Yes, I fully agree! For me the head knowledge is useful to bolster my conviction that this is truth, but the reliance and rest that brings victory is a matter of choosing to trust Him.

"be transformed" Believers must be transformed (cf. Rom. 6:4; 7:6; 2 Cor. 5:17; Gal. 6:15; Eph. 4:22-24; Col. 3:10), not just informed! The grammatical form of this term can be

PRESENT MIDDLE IMPERATIVE, "continue to transform yourselves"
PRESENT PASSIVE IMPERATIVE, "continue to be transformed"
This is also true of "conform" in Rom. 12:2a
For a similar contrast compare Ezek. 18:31 (human commitment and action) with Ezek 36:26-27 (divine gift). Both are needed!
On this part, I know that "be not conformed to this world", that conformed is deponent. I had understood that "be ye transformed", that transformed is passive, but that's not correct? It's also deponent?
Thanks brother, the more I post Scriptures, the more it is internalized and committed to memory.
Amen!

Much love!

Reactions: Johann

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think he's just asking if you apply the same standard that you put on everyone else to yourself.

Much love!

I very much do.

But it’s not a hard task if you keep your eyes on the prize.

“I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:14)

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I very much do.

But it’s not a hard task if you keep your eyes on the prize.

“I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:14)
I think to a lot of people you come across otherwise. As if you aren't still "pressing toward the mark", having arrived.

Much love!

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
On this part, I know that "be not conformed to this world", that conformed is deponent. I had understood that "be ye transformed", that transformed is passive, but that's not correct? It's also deponent?
Transliteration: syschēmatizesthe
Morphology: V-PMM/P-2P
Verb - Present Imperative Middle or Passive - 2nd Person Plural
Strong's no.: G4964 (συσχηματίζω)
Meaning: To conform to.

μεταμορφοῦσθε
Transliteration: metamorphousthe
Strong's no.: G3339 (μεταμορφόω)
Meaning: To transform, transfigure.

From my Mounce Bible- transformed -the deponent is passive, however in context, it can be Middle or Passive as it is on US to not be conformed to this world, on Us to constantly renew our minds.

Unless I have missed something brother, I am whacked, dead-tired.

Reactions: marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think to a lot of people you come across otherwise. As if you aren't still "pressing toward the mark", having arrived.

Much love!
Folks gonna do as folks gonna do .
Folks gonna think as folks gonna think .
Folks gonna accuse and twist things as they do .
But a lamb loveth and embraces ER WORD of the TRUTH . compromising none , but loving and embracing it all .
Be encouraged mark .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Transliteration: syschēmatizesthe
Strong's no.: G4964 (συσχηματίζω)
Meaning: To conform to.

μεταμορφοῦσθε
Transliteration: metamorphousthe
Strong's no.: G3339 (μεταμορφόω)
Meaning: To transform, transfigure.

From my Mounce Bible- transformed -the deponent is passive, however in context, it can be Middle or Passive as it is on US to not be conformed to this world, on Us to constantly renew our minds.

On those feet solider . its getting late in africa , BUT HOW LATE IT TRULY IS GETTING IN THE WORLD .
THE DAY OF THE LORD IS A COMING . Now lift those hands and praise the LORD my friend .
Till the last and final breath the lambs march onwards in the glorious LORD

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
On those feet solider . its getting late in africa , BUT HOW LATE IT TRULY IS GETTING IN THE WORLD .
THE DAY OF THE LORD IS A COMING . Now lift those hands and praise the LORD my friend .
I simply love you brother, you really perk me up!
Johann.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I know you put a lot into this stuff, and I appreciate it!!

I don't have an issue either way, really, if passive, I know God is working in us. If middle, I know we are commanded to put off, and put on, and to work out what He works into us, things like this, which clearly show we have a part.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't have an issue either way, really, if passive, I know God is working in us. If middle, I know we are commanded to put off, and put on, and to work out what He works into us, things like this, which clearly show we have a part.

Much love!
OBEY THE SPIRIT . And heed not the flesh . Now lift those hands up and let all that draws breath praise n thank the LORD .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Johann.

Much love!
Absolutely correct there brother.

PRT-N συσχηματιζεσθεG4964 V-PEM-2P τωG3588 T-DSM αιωνιG165 N-DSM τουτωG3778 D-DSM αλλαG235 CONJ μεταμορφουσθεG3339 V-PPM-2P
Part of Speech: Verb
Tense: Present
Voice: Either middle or passive

Mood: iMperative
Person: second [you+]
Number: Plural

μεταμορφουσθε
Voice: Passive

However, you did notice the Imperatives in this verse?

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Johann.

Absolutely correct there brother.

PRT-N συσχηματιζεσθεG4964 V-PEM-2P τωG3588 T-DSM αιωνιG165 N-DSM τουτωG3778 D-DSM αλλαG235 CONJ μεταμορφουσθεG3339 V-PPM-2P
Voice: Either middle or passive

μεταμορφουσθε
Voice: Passive

However, you did notice the Imperatives in this verse?
I am gonna try and use imperative in a sentence .
IT IS DIRE IMPERATIVE for the peoples to repent and come to CHRIST
IT is dire imperative for many sold out churches to repent of the one world religion and its all inclusive lie .
FOR it is DIRE IMPERATIVE that we FOLLOW CHRIST . Hope i used imperative right in those sentences .
I suppose i could say DIRE NEEDFUL .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I am gonna try and use imperative in a sentence .
IT IS DIRE IMPERATIVE for the peoples to repent and come to CHRIST
IT is dire imperative for many sold out churches to repent of the one world religion and its all inclusive lie .
FOR it is DIRE IMPERATIVE that we FOLLOW CHRIST . Hope i used imperative right in those sentences .
I suppose i could say DIRE NEEDFUL .
Our Lord of the Imperatives! You said it well my brother in Christ. A Military command, to be promptly obeyed, no questions asked!

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our Lord of the Imperatives! You said it well my brother in Christ. A Military command, to be promptly obeyed, no questions asked!
If GOD says , the response it , INSTANT OBEDIANCE TO HIS DIRECT ORDERS . FOLLOW HIM . HIS SPIRIT ,
HIS EVERY WORD to be loved and obeyed and embraced .
INSTANT OBEDIANCE TO THE LORD . HE IS WORTHY OF ALL HONOR , ALL GLORY , ALL PRAISE , ALL Exaltation
Let all that has breath both praise and thank the glorious LORD .
A lamb should love the LORD so much
that if GOD were say to JUMP , IT WOULD JUMP and then in mid air ask HOW HIGH . YEP .
LOVE THE LORD THY GOD ABOVE ALL . HE who LOVETH CHRIST LOVETH GOD .
HE who obeys CHRIST obeys GOD .
You can visualize that if you want . IF GOD says JUMP , dont even ask how high , JUST LEAP and THEN ask him in mid jump
how high . And if he answer , KICK SO HARD at the air you actually raise up . IF that were possible .
GOD SHOULD have been honored with such great love . THINK DEEPLY on all that HE has done .
HE should have been obeyed , aka loved by the lambs . TO HE we owe all .
ITS AN UTTER abomination to watch so many folks trod obeidance to GOD under foot and make excuse .
We should have LOVED the GLORIOUS LORD . FOR HE FIRST LOVED US .

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather odd paul often used scripture to CORRECT the Churches he wrote too .
USE SCRIPTURE and DO SO OFTEN .
Whether they hear or forbear . Its on them . I dont pander to the world to win the world .
SPEAK TRUTH and who so ever hears amen and who so ever forbears , ITS ON THEM .
Just know your place and understand youre not Paul.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No i am not paul . but rest assured had i been in his time and the churches
HE would have been writing to me as he was to them . REMINDING THEM to rebuke those who do sin
that others may fear . SO yeah , I know i aint paul . BUT we were supposed to have matured
up and help the church pard . Correction is not sin . to expose error and sin within brethren is NOT SIN .
To rebuke is not sin . To even cast out is not SIN . WE MUST DO as THEY TAUGHT US TO DO .
NEVER forget that . OH wait , you already have . I read one of your posts and how you view the bible .
SHOULD NEVER have went down that road mathew . BUT , i came not to condemn you ,
thus i am here to correct you and that mindset you seem to have about the bible . SEE
i aint condeming you or i would have said , TOO LATE FOR YOU MATHEW BURN
BUT i simply said REPENT OF IT . see the difference . correction IS GOOD and its needful for us all .
That we do take heed to THE WORDS of THE ONLY HOLY GOD and HIS CHRIST and HIS BOOK known as the bible .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@amigo de christo is the "real deal" brother, you will come to know him, always encouraging, pointing others, not to himself, but to Christ, not one inch of pride in his heart-go easy on him @MatthewG since he is not trying to be like Paul and he knows his place.
Friendly, brotherly advice-I could have come down hard on you, I didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.