entire sanctification is an obtainable goal.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I asked to name one person. I don't need to consult the Bible for the answer. I just need for someone to name just one person right now who has achieved entire sanctification. Achieving it "by faith" is not an acceptable answer for me.
Which meaning of "entire sanctification" do you use ? (I looked it up online, and it was not one clear meaning or use of the phrase/term)

Reactions: Helen

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Philippians 3:15 it is written that as many as are perfect shall have a certain attitude, in context, that they will believe that they have not yet apprehended or were already made perfect. But it should be clear that even though they have this attitude, the Bible defines them as being perfect.
Actually 'perfect' has the meaning of complete. Paul knew the Lord wasn't done with him at the time of his writing Philippians.
Paul had gone through this...
2 Corinthians 11:23-27 (NASB) Are they servants of Christ?--I speak as if insane--I more so; in far more labors, in far more imprisonments, beaten times without number, often in danger of death. Five times I received from the Jews thirty-nine lashes. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, a night and a day I have spent in the deep. I have been on frequent journeys, in dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my countrymen, dangers from the Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the wilderness, dangers on the sea, dangers among false brethren; I have been in labor and hardship, through many sleepless nights, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure.

Whatever Paul meant by perfect, we all have a long way to go if it means anything but this...

But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. (Php 3:7-11)

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'd have to guess, and use "entirely set apart by God by His own doing , for Himself, for His own purpose".

Amen, all the vessels of the Tabernacle in the Wilderness were set apart and sanctified by Moses for God. Just as we His vessels are today.

Last edited:

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is important, that if someone claims sanctification, that you have the ability to peer within the heart and find good things. My old pastor was a good example of sanctification....

1. Very disciplined guy - Up at 6AM every morning
2. Rejoiced in what he called being a Pentecostal Holiness country preacher
3. Revivals - At least one every two months - All with unique and good evangelists
4. Would let the Holy Spirit have his way in service
5. Take time to pray for the sick at church and in the hospitals. Carried a bottle of anointing oil with him
6. Was a friendly guy and would come visit you
7. Loved God and very Christlike.
8. A great, loving, and supportive family man as well

286527_a0fa6a8b201b16fd1dc2919807b6c1b6.jpg

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With hopeful expectations, how many people did get healed by him, or by Jesus / when he prayed or anointed or spoke ?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, all the vessels of the Tabernacle in the Wilderness were set apart and sanctified by Moses for God. Just as we His vessels are today.
Question :-
I was just wondering - Why do you do all the answering to this persons questions..it seems he likes to take authority by asking people questions like a school teacher, I notice he doesn't do much answering .
*I've noticed this pattern of his in other threads on the forums too.... :(
Maybe if this was his own thread I could understand why he makes himself 'the boss' by demanding answers from others as he does...
Just saying....but no sweat...just wondering. lol
<shrugs> I just go a post at a time, and often don't remember previous posts an hour later. (unless there's a reason to)

Posting is more frequently, I think, for clarification, to see more about what someone knows or things or means.

Most Importantly, and other posters have frequently shown they don't agree,
as God Says, as Jesus Did and Taught,
we (Ekklesia) are DOing what we see the Father DOING, speaking (posting) what we see the Father speaking. i.e. His Words, not our own.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With hopeful expectations, how many people did get healed by him, or by Jesus / when he prayed or anointed or spoke ?
The old times would sit back in the pews and weep like babies. And if they looked back to catch the amazed look in my eye they would weep, The Holy Ghost! The Holy Ghost! And point to all the souls blessed around the altar and slain in the Spirit. I can't tell you the testimonies they would give saying, "The Lord has healed my body time and time again!"

Reactions: Episkopos

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Instead of the phrase/word/ "entire sanctification" which carries with it different meanings , even different from "entirely sanctified" (which I think is found in the Bible),
so in order to remain in line with Biblical thought, and text/Biblical use and ideas,
can you ask the question in a way that is from the Bible itself, and not from religious ideas ?
Joseph, why do you always have to be weird? Just answer his question. I assume that you know exactly what he is asking, and why.
We do not see perfection, or entire sanctification from anyone around us, ever. Billy Graham, RC Sproul, John MacArthur, Paul Washer, Luther, Calvin, Augustine. Even the ascetics, Jerome, Francis D'Assis, former Luther, Friars, Dominicans, Benedictines, Mother Theresa. Name the scholar, theologian, monk, teacher or priest, and we can't count the imperfections.
Nor from anyone from the Apostolic age. This is specifically of whom Paul was asking.
Who in the world are you people talking about, when you say; complete sanctification, sinless perfection, purely edified, ...?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who in the world are you people talking about, when you say; complete sanctification, sinless perfection, purely edified, ...?
I don't use those terms , not in talking about anyone , unless it is something they said, and I'm asking what they mean, or clarifying if it is true or false.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joseph, why do you always have to be weird?
Are you familiar with the Biblical term "a peculiar people",
and "no one understand/appraiseth a spiritual man" ? There are times one, or both, apply, and other times neither applies.

Name the scholar, theologian, monk, teacher or priest, and we can't count the imperfections.
Usually cannot find the truth either, in their lives or messages. (many or most, not all)

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't use those terms , not in talking about anyone , unless it is something they said, and I'm asking what they mean, or clarifying if it is true or false.
That was addressed to everyone on this thread, professing such a state.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you familiar with the Biblical term "a peculiar people",
and "no one understand/appraiseth a spiritual man" ? There are times one, or both, apply, and other times neither applies.

Usually cannot find the truth either, in their lives or messages. (many or most, not all)
No, but we have enough documented, and unanimous examples of their imperfections. And this as full grown adults and Christians (age wise).

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, tell me of one person who has been able to achieve that to absolute perfection.
So, tell me of a single person in history that claimed absolute perfection. This challenge is a strawman that no one has ever claimed or taught as far as I know.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, there was ONE, "perfect" as regards the TORAH (The Law), but he did not count that as gain, nor as assurance of salvation.