enveloped by darkness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

newlife

May 26, 2013
I am being enveloped by a creeping darkness. I find it difficult to pray and feel that the things of God are unattainable and have become meaningless. I feel that posting this is a waste of time and I am having difficulty asking for prayer as it seems ridiculous and worthless.I feel resistance to going to church and my home group. I haven't been to church in awhile

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Do not give up on God's ability to deliver you from the spirit of oppression, discouragement and heaviness. You need to continue to press into God and make him the anchor to your soul. I am prevailing in prayer for you and your wife. If need be, I am available to assist via phone call but want to ensure that there is back up on your end - spiritual and practical support from your Church body through prayer, counseling and other means...

Keep hanging in there brother. Nothing is impossible to God!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
newlife said:
I am being enveloped by a creeping darkness. I find it difficult to pray and feel that the things of God are unattainable and have become meaningless. I feel that posting this is a waste of time and I am having difficulty asking for prayer as it seems ridiculous and worthless.I feel resistance to going to church and my home group. I haven't been to church in awhile
Praying!

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
No it's not a waste of time to post this newlife. The enemy would love for you to not ask for help. He loves to isolate. Divide and conquer.

Don't forget when this dark sensation comes on you to rebuke it in the name of Jesus. Play beautiful praise and worship music, or any kind of Godly music, demons hate that.

And most of all, know that we are praying for you and helping you to come against this clearly demonic attack. You are not alone. We care.

God Bless You And Yours Abundantly !!!

And this too shall pass.

laid renard ~

digging

Jan 12, 2014
Stop what you are doing and go to a different church!!!! Your heart is telling you something is wrong change!!!

Digging

Feb 7, 2013
Strength for those also weighed down in the depths of darkness... Please read.

24 When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproarx was starting, he took water and washed his handsy in front of the crowd. “I am innocent of this man’s blood,”z he said. “It is your responsibility!”a
25 All the people answered, “His blood is on us and on our children!”b
26 Then he released Barabbas to them. But he had Jesus flogged,c and handed him over to be crucified.
The Soldiers Mock Jesus
27:27–31pp—Mk 15:16–20
27 Then the governor’s soldiers took Jesus into the Praetoriumd and gathered the whole company of soldiers around him. 28 They stripped him and put a scarlet robe on him,e 29 and then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on his head. They put a staff in his right hand. Then they knelt in front of him and mocked him. “Hail, king of the Jews!” they said.f 30 They spit on him, and took the staff and struck him on the head again and again.g 31 After they had mocked him, they took off the robe and put his own clothes on him. Then they led him away to crucify him.h
The Crucifixion of Jesus
27:33–44pp—Mk 15:22–32; Lk 23:33–43; Jn 19:17–24
32 As they were going out,i they met a man from Cyrene,j named Simon, and they forced him to carry the cross.k 33 They came to a place called Golgotha (which means “the place of the skull”).l 34 There they offered Jesus wine to drink, mixed with gall;m but after tasting it, he refused to drink it. 35 When they had crucified him, they divided up his clothes by casting lots.n 36 And sitting down, they kept watcho over him there. 37 Above his head they placed the written charge against him: this is jesus, the king of the jews.
38 Two rebels were crucified with him,p one on his right and one on his left. 39 Those who passed by hurled insults at him, shaking their headsq 40 and saying, “You who are going to destroy the temple and build it in three days,r save yourself!s Come down from the cross, if you are the Son of God!”t 41 In the same way the chief priests, the teachers of the law and the elders mocked him. 42 “He saved others,” they said, “but he can’t save himself! He’s the king of Israel!u Let him come down now from the cross, and we will believev in him. 43 He trusts in God. Let God rescue himw now if he wants him, for he said, ‘I am the Son of God.’ ” 44 In the same way the rebels who were crucified with him also heaped insults on him.
The Death of Jesus
27:45–56pp—Mk 15:33–41; Lk 23:44–49; Jn 19:29–30
45 From noon until three in the afternoon darknessx came over all the land. 46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, Eli, Eli,c lema sabachthani?” (which means“My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).d y
47 When some of those standing there heard this, they said, “He’s calling Elijah.”
48 Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge. He filled it with wine vinegar,z put it on a staff, and offered it to Jesus to drink. 49 The rest said, “Now leave him alone. Let’s see if Elijah comes to save him.”
50 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.a
51 At that moment the curtain of the templeb was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks splitc 52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection andewent into the holy cityd and appeared to many people.
54 When the centurion and those with him who were guardinge Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, “Surely he was the Son of God!”f

(from "The Desire of Ages")
Upon Christ as our substitute and surety was laid the iniquity of us all. He was counted a transgressor, that He might redeem us from the condemnation of the law. The guilt of every descendant of Adam was pressing upon His heart. The wrath of God against sin, the terrible manifestation of His displeasure because of iniquity, filled the soul of His Son with consternation. All His life Christ had been publishing to a fallen world the good news of the Father’s mercy and pardoning love. Salvation for the chief of sinners was His theme. But now with the terrible weight of guilt He bears, He cannot see the Father’s reconciling face. The withdrawal of the divine countenance from the Saviour in this hour of supreme anguish pierced His heart with a sorrow that can never be fully understood by man. So great was this agony that His physical pain was hardly felt. {DA 753.1}

Satan with his fierce temptations wrung the heart of Jesus. The Saviour could not see through the portals of the tomb. Hope did not present to Him His coming forth from the grave a conqueror, or tell Him of the Father’s acceptance of the sacrifice. He feared that sin was so offensive to God that Their separation was to be eternal. Christ felt the anguish which the sinner will feel when mercy shall no longer plead for the guilty race. It was the sense of sin, bringing the Father’s wrath upon Him as man’s substitute, that made the cup He drank so bitter, and broke the heart of the Son of God. {DA 753.2}

With amazement angels witnessed the Saviour’s despairing agony. The hosts of heaven veiled their faces from the fearful sight. Inanimate nature expressed sympathy with its insulted and dying Author. The sun refused to look upon the awful scene. Its full, bright rays were illuminating the earth at midday, when suddenly it seemed to be blotted out. Complete darkness, like a funeral pall, enveloped the cross. “There was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.” There was no eclipse or other natural cause for this darkness, which was as deep as midnight without moon or stars. It was a miraculous testimony given by God that the faith of after generations might be confirmed.{DA 753.3}

In that thick darkness God’s presence was hidden. He makes darkness His pavilion, and conceals His glory from human eyes. God and His holy angels were beside the cross. The Father was with His Son. Yet His presence was not revealed. Had His glory flashed forth from the cloud, every human beholder would have been destroyed. And in that dreadful hour Christ was not to be comforted with the Father’s presence. He trod the wine press alone, and of the people there was none with Him. {DA 753.4}

In the thick darkness, God veiled the last human agony of His Son. All who had seen Christ in His suffering had been convicted of His divinity..."