• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So back to our armor....we can wear ourselves out wrestling with the enemy everyday...sooooo change it up....declare to him your faith is in Him alone and the battle belongs to Him and is already won and you are defeated.
The Truth of God's Word has set me free from the bondage, oppression, and captivity I once was in but Jesus defeated you and rendered you POWERLESS over any believer who trust in Him.
Defeated perhaps when we repented that first time and even many times since then... but herein is the problem I still see..., not yet finally and completely killed in me!

"Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:
She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table." Prov 9:1-2

When the beasts are all dead, there may still be work to be done but no more battles to fight, because the last enemy is finally and completely overcome. We are no longer in his land.

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Jesus overcame the world and in that moment no longer even in it, but have we overcome it and are we not still in it with more battles to fight? More overcoming to do?

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are." John 17:11

Our armor has been provided so that we may indeed become like Jesus! How close are we now?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proclaiming His word...praising the Lord...every once in a while I get angry.
We fight defeated enemies that just won't admit it.
When we fight, we win every time....
When we fight on the Lord's side we win every time. Believing people do lose battles because they try to do it alone.

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

Whenever we quench the Spirit of God in us, we have chosen to go it alone...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is where many fail, as I have in the past. When it is being tested this is when it seems that God is nowhere around...that your prayers are in vain....and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
This is when we have to stand and fight the good fight if faith....
Has anyone else besides me ever failed one of His tests? But... if you do fall or stumble or in distraction begin ...

"But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?" Matt 14:30-31

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Standing straight up, with my arms perpendicular to my sides, I proclaim:
I put on the full armor of God, with the truth belt tight about my waist (my spirit man has a spiritual belt placed about his waist).
The righteous breatplate fits firmly into place (ditto, spirit).
The good news shoes-of-peace on my feet (they are put on the feet of my spirit man). 2 nails in my feet.
I quench the evil one's fiery darts with the faith shield (which I hold in my right hand). - a nail in this hand.
The salvation helmet on my head - a crown of thorns (suffering).
I take up the Spirit's sword which is God's word (sword in my left hand). - a nail in this hand.
I proclaim that the glory of the Lord is my rear guard. - Isaiah 58:8
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20
This is the day that the Lord has made; I will be glad and rejoice in it! - Psalm 118:24

Many years ago, I asked the Lord, "Do I put on the armor daily or does it just stay on?"
Within a week, I stood in a renewal meeting, waiting for prayer.
A member of the ministry team walked up, stood in front of me and said, "The Lord says, "Put on the full armor of God daily.'"
I got my answer. :)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When we fight on the Lord's side we win every time. Believing people do lose battles because they try to do it alone.

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

Whenever we quench the Spirit of God in us, we have chosen to go it alone...
With a righteous anger, that is!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I love Gods armour

armor-of-god.jpg

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 6 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁰ Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
¹¹ Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
¹² For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
¹³ Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
¹⁴ Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
¹⁵ And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
¹⁶ Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
¹⁷ And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
¹⁸ Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

I have been sharing with some ladies about a different approach into these verses...
And there are numerous cross references to support this...
Let's begin...

With some of the input from you guys this has opened a whole new perspective about the armor....
Putting on Christ is putting on our armor....wow.

“putting on Christ is putting on our armor”
A few verses pertaining to armor…the breastplate of Righteousness: Faith and Love one verse for me describes the Righteousness which comes from God “Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.” Ephesians 6:23, James 2:5-9 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him? [6] But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats? [7] Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called? [8] If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: [9] But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

the breastplate of righteousness: faith and love 1 Thessalonians 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; (put on the new man which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness Ephesians 4:23-27, put off lying Colossians 3:8-13 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: [11] Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all. [12] Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; [13] Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

…and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Galatians 5:3-7 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. [4] Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. [5] For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. [6] For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love. [7] Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

The breastplate of righteousness: faith and love; consider the weapons are not carnal but Spiritual and mighty …Galatians 5:22-25 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. [24] And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. [25] If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Faith and Love: Ephesians 3:16-17 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; [17] That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

The breastplate of righteousness: faith and love Romans 1:16-18 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. [17] For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. [18] For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Put of the breastplate of Righteousness: faith and love Romans 10:3-15 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. [4] For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. [5] For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them. [6] But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above [7] Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) [8] But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;(the helmet, hope of salvation) [9] That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. [10] For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. [11] For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. [12] For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. [13] For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. [14] How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? [15] And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written,-Ephesians 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace-How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

2 Corinthians 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds

Last edited:
Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
“putting on Christ is putting on our armor”
A few verses pertaining to armor…the breastplate of Righteousness: Faith and Love one verse for me describes the Righteousness which comes from God “Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.” Ephesians 6:23, James 2:5-9 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him? [6] But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats? [7] Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called? [8] If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: [9] But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

the breastplate of righteousness: faith and love 1 Thessalonians 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; (put on the new man which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness Ephesians 4:23-27, put off lying Colossians 3:8-13 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: [11] Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all. [12] Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; [13] Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

…and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Galatians 5:3-7 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. [4] Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. [5] For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. [6] For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love. [7] Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

The breastplate of righteousness: faith and love; consider the weapons are not carnal but Spiritual and mighty …Galatians 5:22-25 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. [24] And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. [25] If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Faith and Love: Ephesians 3:16-17 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; [17] That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

The breastplate of righteousness: faith and love Romans 1:16-18 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. [17] For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. [18] For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Put of the breastplate of Righteousness: faith and love Romans 10:3-15 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. [4] For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. [5] For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them. [6] But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above [7] Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) [8] But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;(the helmet, hope of salvation) [9] That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. [10] For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. [11] For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. [12] For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. [13] For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. [14] How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? [15] And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written,-Ephesians 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace-How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

2 Corinthians 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds
@VictoryinJesus More encouraging verses there... :)

Reactions: VictoryinJesus