• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

stand-up-stand-up-for-jesus-2-638.jpg

Stand up, stand up for Jesus,
stand in his strength alone;
the arm of flesh will fail you,
ye dare not trust your own:
put on the gospel armor,
each piece put on with pray'r;
where duty calls, or danger,
be never wanting there.
I remember singing that song in VBS...years and years ago...lol

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is hitting the nail on the head...can't even manage to pray...this happens to me when I need to be praying more than ever!
I can only conclude that this is why we should not forsake the fellowshipping with our brethren....when one of us is under attack and too weak spiritually to pray then the brethren should join together and stand in the gap and intercede on their behalf.
I had the same problem of not knowing what to say when I was going through a bad patch. I had been praying earnestly for weeks, maybe months and nothing happened. Eventually I simply said, "not my will but thy will be done" and within a week everything got sorted. It just happened. I think what it was, is that I submitted to the will of God, instead of my way. His ways are better. We may not think so at the time but looking back over my life, I can see how things have worked out without me doing anything except going through doors as and when they opened, or simply not doing anything at all, but leaving it in His hands. God bless.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exo 28:15 And thou shalt make the breastplate of judgment with cunning work; after the work of the ephod thou shalt make it; of gold, of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine twined linen, shalt thou make it.

Exo 28:29 And Aaron shall bear the names of the children of Israel in the breastplate of judgment upon his heart, when he goeth in unto the holy place, for a memorial before the LORD continually.
Exo 28:30 And thou shalt put in the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim; and they shall be upon Aaron's heart, when he goeth in before the LORD: and Aaron shall bear the judgment of the children of Israel upon his heart before the LORD continually.

Isa 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.

Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

What was to be placed in Aaron's breastplate that he bore before the Lord continually?
1Th 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Aaron bore the judgement of the children upon himself. Their names were set in it. And righteous Judgement was set in it.
And he stood before the Lord clothed in this breatplate of faith and love continually.

What are the Urim and the Thummim?
Exo 28:30 And thou shalt put in the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim; and they shall be upon Aaron's heart, when he goeth in before the LORD: and Aaron shall bear the judgment of the children of Israel upon his heart before the LORD continually.

There are also stones that are set in the breatplate.
There are stones throughout the OT that represent the names of the tribes of the children of Israel.

Isa 62:2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.

Righteousness represents the breastplate of faith and love and the stones/names

Rev 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

The breatplate that was made for Aaron had Onyx stones in it.

iu

From Onyx to White....

Just thinking..
Hugs
I just went back and read through again what you posted....and this struck me as a very profound hidden wisdom as to the importance of cleansing our heart of all unrighteousness...because wearing the breastplate of righteousness is counterproductive to our faith and love if our heart isn't pure.

Last edited:
Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had the same problem of not knowing what to say when I was going through a bad patch. I had been praying earnestly for weeks, maybe months and nothing happened. Eventually I simply said, "not my will but thy will be done" and within a week everything got sorted. It just happened. I think what it was, is that I submitted to the will of God, instead of my way. His ways are better. We may not think so at the time but looking back over my life, I can see how things have worked out without me doing anything except going through doors as and when they opened, or simply not doing anything at all, but leaving it in His hands. God bless.
And that is where all answers to prayers happen....pray His Will be Done not ours....good Word!
Man I feel like I have been to a Christian retreat these past 2 days...what wonderful insight has been offered here by many.
Glory to God.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
And that is where all answers to prayers happen....pray His Will be Done not ours....good Word!
Man I feel like I have been to a Christian retreat these past 2 days...what wonderful insight has been offered here by many.
Glory to God.

Isn't it Great When you know who you really are

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, time to move forward...
It is written in scripture that Abraham's faith was counted as righteousness with God....
What does this mean?
So in post 156 I posed this next question concerning faith...
I don't want it to get buried and not seen....if anyone would like to add their wisdom to this that is.

Edit: post 156

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't it Great When you know who you really are

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
One of my favorite scriptures but it is missing 8:31....the semicolon at the end of 31 indicates 32 ties in with it.
John 8 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³¹ Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
³² And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
One of my favorite scriptures but it is missing 8:31....the semicolon at the end of 31 indicates 32 ties in with it.
John 8 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³¹ Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
³² And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Right of course But what about The jews that didn't believe on him or the ones that say they are Jews but are not,there is no difference in the New testament between the Jew and The Gentile when it comes to receiving the truth, The statement of truth remains the same ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free, Does removing 31 Make 32 Void of course not

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right of course But what about The jews that didn't believe on him or the ones that say they are Jews but are not,there is no difference in the New testament between the Jew and The Gentile when it comes to receiving the truth, The statement of truth remains the same ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free, Does removing 31 Make 32 Void of course not
You can start a thread to discuss John 8:31-32...there are some great students of the Word here and they offer excellent input to the topic at hand.
As for this thread our focus is on Ephesians 6:10-18...the armor of God and the deeper hidden wisdom of it.
Have a blessed day.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is hitting the nail on the head...can't even manage to pray...this happens to me when I need to be praying more than ever!
I can only conclude that this is why we should not forsake the fellowshipping with our brethren....when one of us is under attack and too weak spiritually to pray then the brethren should join together and stand in the gap and intercede on their behalf.

Yes, prayers are always good.
For myself, I’ve come to a vague understanding that…it’s something God is doing and I should submit to and accept it rather than try to fight it. My vague understanding is that during these times, He has put me on a fast, not from literal food but rather the true fast in spirit. And if all I can manage is sighs or two or three words at a time, like…I trust you or…help me or…have mercy on me, then that is my prayer and I shouldn’t push it but rather should submit and be in the dryness He has put me in and just keep trusting because He will work it for my good.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't want it to get buried and not seen....if anyone would like to add their wisdom to this that is.

Well first off, I would like to say that, leave it to Heart2Soul to take a perfect analogy of a knight as it reflects the Christian walk....
And turn it into the Faith of the Heart....LOL What a gal.

On righteousness...Christians have a bit of issues with that concept. No one is righteous.....Abraham was righteous.....we are told repeatedly to be righteous. The scriptures say that... Then he believed in the LORD; and He credited it to him as righteousness. Genesis 15:6 Which is true and accurate. Abraham was not perfect and that is true of anyone in that period. But what he did was effectively start the Yahwist religion within the Hebrews. "The Faith of the Heart" Heart2Soul LOL His connection to Yahweh, his devotion to Yahweh is why God credited righteousness to him.

And it does have a meaning to Christianity, in a period where no one could be good enough, Abraham did the best he could. Well in the New Covenant that we have with Yahweh through His Son, doing our best is all that Christ can ask of us. We all have our struggles with righteousness, some more than others for various reasons. That is the point in the Christian walk with Christ. Perfection is the goal, even if that is impossible...take your aim at that goal...aim small, miss small. From there the Grace of Christ presents us to God the Father as perfected and blameless.

It is the only way it would work, because Yahweh has not changed. He has zero tolerance to sin. So to have a relationship with Him, and even more to be in the actual family of God we had to be perfected through the Grace of Christ. So my motto, be good and do good...in perspective, means do the best you can....workout your salvation with fear and trembling...is a statement of respect as you take that journey with Christ....by your side.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well first off, I would like say that, leave it to Heart2Soul to take a perfect analogy of a knight as it reflects the Christian walk....
And turn it into the Faith of the Heart....LOL What a gal.

On righteousness...Christians have a bit of issues with that concept. No one is righteous.....Abraham was righteous. The scriptures say that Then he believed in the LORD; and He credited it to him as righteousness. Genesis 15:6 Which is true and accurate. Abraham was not perfect and that is true of anyone in that period. But what he did was effectively start the Yahwist religion within the Hebrews. "The Faith of the Heart" Heart2Soul LOL His connection to Yahweh, his devotion to Yahweh is why God credited righteousness to him.

And it does have a meaning to Christianity, in a period where no one could be good enough, Abraham did the best he could. Well in the New Covenant that we have with Yahweh through His Son, doing our best is all that Christ can ask of us. We all have our struggles with righteousness, some more than others for various reasons. That is the point in the Christian walk with Christ. Perfection is the goal, even if that is impossible...take your aim at that goal...aim small, miss small. From there the Grace of Christ presents us to God Father as perfected and blameless.

It is the only way it would work, because Yahweh has not changed. He has zero tolerance to sin. So to have a relationship with Him, and even more to be in the actual family of God we had to be perfected through the Grace of Christ. So my motto, be good and do good...in perspective, means do the best you can....workout your salvation with fear and trembling...is a statement of respect as you take that journey with Christ....by your side.
Leave it to the great mentor in my world to simplify it so that even a child could understand it's context!:D
Thank you!

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

The average person might say that grace is a favour done for a friend out of the spontaneous generosity of the heart with no expectation of a return favour or payment of any kind. This is what you did for your son and neither did you expect anything in return when you cleaned your son's room.

Anything else becomes a work based system, i.e. I do something for you, and you do something for me. What you did was to enable two people to have fellowship together at no cost to your son, similar to our relationship with our heavenly Father.

Jesus went a step further. Your son doubtless loves you, but what Jesus did at Calvary was for those who hated him. Neither did Jesus expect anything from them for the cleansing of their heart from sin and the gift of eternal life, which is God’s grace to us. It is a free-gift from a loving Father.

The opposite of grace is when people promote a work based system in which they seek to put God in debt to them by doing good works, like cleaning your car for example, in return for you cleaning your son’s room. In which case, they think they have paid or earned the gift of salvation. Not that they can do anything approaching what Jesus did for us. You expected nothing in return, except fellowship with your son, and those of faith have fellowship with our heavenly Father.

Abraham had faith, and he was right with God (righteous). So it is for us also, and like your son, we can have this same freely given relationship with both our earthly father, and our heavenly Father, for they are one and the same. Praise God.

May God bless.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..I have been meditating on the armor of God and it suddenly hit me...
So here is the sequence of how my thoughts went.
1. Daily putting on the Armor of God...which requires salvation (helmet), righteousness in Him (breastplate), Truth (loin cloth...the knowledge and rightfully discerning His Truth), knowing His Word through diligent study (shoes, feet shod with preparation of the Gospel), Discernment (Sword of Truth...rightly dividing any false teaching), Faith (Shield to ward off Satan's attacks).

Now my second thought...
If the battle belongs to the Lord then why are we warring with the enemy.

Then it dawned on me....
I speak of engaging in spiritual warfare all the time but I came to realize the warfare isn't to defeat the enemy and battle his demons (He is already defeated)
0Our warfare is to fight .....now wait for it....the good fight of faith!
Our faith is the only thing God cannot do for us....
He gives each of us a measure of faith but to increase our faith we have to hear the Word...
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God....
So in conclusion I have realized I have been fighting the wrong battle (the battle belongs to the Lord and the enemy is already defeated)...
My armor is to war against the enemy trying to destroy my FAITH!

How many times in my life did I lose faith that He would intervene and I would prevail in my trials and tribulations. Too many...I am ashamed to say.

So I am convinced beyond any doubt that it is our faith that we are protecting against the enemy in our lives....

Guarding our faith is harder than it sounds isn't it?
gb_eintrag_smilies_2_gb-dream.de.gif

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..I have been meditating on the armor of God and it suddenly hit me...
So here is the sequence of how my thoughts went.
1. Daily putting on the Armor of God...which requires salvation (helmet), righteousness in Him (breastplate), Truth (loin cloth...the knowledge and rightfully discerning His Truth), knowing His Word through diligent study (shoes, feet shod with preparation of the Gospel), Discernment (Sword of Truth...rightly dividing any false teaching), Faith (Shield to ward off Satan's attacks).

Now my second thought...
If the battle belongs to the Lord then why are we warring with the enemy.

Then it dawned on me....
I speak of engaging in spiritual warfare all the time but I came to realize the warfare isn't to defeat the enemy and battle his demons (He is already defeated)
0Our warfare is to fight .....now wait for it....the good fight of faith!
Our faith is the only thing God cannot do for us....
He gives each of us a measure of faith but to increase our faith we have to hear the Word...
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God....
So in conclusion I have realized I have been fighting the wrong battle (the battle belongs to the Lord and the enemy is already defeated)...
My armor is to war against the enemy trying to destroy my FAITH!

How many times in my life did I lose faith that He would intervene and I would prevail in my trials and tribulations. Too many...I am ashamed to say.

So I am convinced beyond any doubt that it is our faith that we are protecting against the enemy in our lives....

Guarding our faith is harder than it sounds isn't it?