• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen...great scripture reference....
And so what it all boils down to is you can't have faith without love because love is the greatest commandment....and without love we are in disobedience to His Word which can hinder our prayers, our walk and our fellowship with Him....
And when that happens His blessing is no longer upon us and trials and tribulations come and we have no armor and the end result is our FAITH becomes shipwrecked...:eek:
So what we do in that case..
we throw you overboard and a big fish comes and swallows you up, you repent, get thrown on the shore, and are forgiven, and begin again.
:)
Hugs

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what we do in that case..
we throw you overboard and a big fish comes and swallows you up, you repent, get thrown on the shore, and are forgiven, and begin again.
Hugs
Bwahahaha!:D

Reactions: Ziggy

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen...great scripture reference....
And so what it all boils down to is you can't have faith without love because love is the greatest commandment....and without love we are in disobedience to His Word which can hinder our prayers, our walk and our fellowship with Him....
And when that happens His blessing is no longer upon us and trials and tribulations come and we have no armor and the end result is our FAITH becomes shipwrecked...:eek:

Now - this love - where does it come from? Do we generate it? or............do we seek after it?, meaning there must be a Source..........beyond ourselves.....Yes/No

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now - this love - where does it come from? Do we generate it? or............do we seek after it?, meaning there must be a Source..........beyond ourselves.....Yes/No
It grows in us as we continue to seek Him allowing Him to increase in us as we decrease in our own self will.
(IMHO)

Reactions: David in NJ

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an awesome thread @Heart2Soul
thank you for starting it
HUGS
Your welcome....but please thank Him because He is the one who reveals all things, guides us into all truth.
I only shared what He was opening my eyes to see...
And everyone has added so much more to this knowledge that I feel truly blessed by those who have shared His Truth here as well.
I couldn't ask for a better fellowship of believers than you guys.
Let Him be Praised Always!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your welcome....but please thank Him because He is the one who reveals all things, guides us into all truth.
I only shared what He was opening my eyes to see...
And everyone has added so much more to this knowledge that I feel truly blessed by those who have shared His Truth here as well.
I couldn't ask for a better fellowship of believers than you guys.
Let Him be Praised Always!
There you go encouraging us again, you encourager, you! Lol

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It grows in us as we continue to seek Him allowing Him to increase in us as we decrease in our own self will.
(IMHO)

Now that is the answer i am looking for - and this shows why our fellowship with and for each other is so important for this Growth of the Love of the Son of God in us.

"not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10:25

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that is the answer i am looking for - and this shows why our fellowship with and for each other is so important for this Growth of the Love of the Son of God in us.

"not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10:25
It truly is...fellowshipping with one another....is so necessary!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now there will be those who think I'm whacked (and in some ways I can't argue), but there are times when I have an experience with the Lord that I call, "being in deep," with Him. I guess you could call it a form of prayer.
In the Spirit, but not just my imagination, to my left is Jesus. He talks to me and calls me, "Ron." To my right is Holy Spirit and He calls me, "Friend." In the center and set back away is Father and He calls me, "Son." So I know God is three.
Sometimes I see in the Spirit that He "goes" into one. I don't understand it but it's just how it is. I also don't understand how He has always existed...I just know that He has. I do understand that He is greater than the human ability to comprehend.
It is accurate to say that Jesus is God, though there's more to God than Jesus. He is a part of God. Humanly speaking.
"I am yours, you are mine, we are one...with the Father, in the Spirit, by the Son." - from the song, "Together" by John Wimber
This is one of the BEST descriptions I have ever read.... and it came from my twin Truman... LOL

Reactions: Truman and Ziggy

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I came to these forums for fellowship.... and I guess I'm just picky... but I have only found one person in whom I can share my heart with or even cares to know it.

I'm not big on fellowship.... I must have missed the memo.... and yes I know... do not forsake the assembly.... I can't seem to find that assembly.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, time to move forward...
It is written in scripture that Abraham's faith was counted as righteousness with God....
What does this mean?

I found this article and will share it but also ask for additional input...

When Paul says in Romans 4:3, 5, 9, and 22 that “faith is counted as righteousness,” he does not mean that our faith is our righteousness. He means that our faith unites us to Christ so that God’s righteousness in Christ is reckoned to us.”

And here is how the author explains it in layman's terms...

Suppose I say to Barnabas, my teenage son, “Clean up your room before you go to school. You must have a clean room, or you won’t be able to watch the game tonight.” Well, suppose he plans poorly and leaves for school without cleaning the room. And suppose I discover the messy room and clean it. His afternoon fills up, and he gets home just before it’s time to leave for the game and realizes what he has done and feels terrible. He apologizes and humbly accepts the consequences. No game.

To which I say, “Barnabas, I am going to credit your apology and submission as a clean room. I said, ‘You must have a clean room, or you won’t be able to go to watch the game tonight.’ Your room is clean. So you can go to the game.” What I mean when I say, “I credit your apology as a clean room,” is not that the apology is the clean room nor that he really cleaned his room. I cleaned it. It was pure grace. All I mean is that, in my way of counting–in my grace–his apology connects him with the promise given for a clean room. The clean room is his clean room. You can’t say it either way. And Paul said it both ways: “Faith is reckoned as righteousness, “and “God credits righteousness to us.”

So when God says to those who believe in Christ, “I credit your faith as righteousness,” He does not mean that your faith is your justifying righteousness. He means that your faith connects you to Christ who becomes your righteousness in God’s sight–God’s righteousness. That’s good news for all of us sinners.

Are we starting to understand the absolute importance of faith yet?
I sure am!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only that your prayers seem in vain but that you can't even manage to pray other than a few words here or there, and sometimes not even that but only sighs. And you find it hard to believe when others tell you that's a very good and blessed place to be. It doesn't FEEL like He is giving you bread.
This is hitting the nail on the head...can't even manage to pray...this happens to me when I need to be praying more than ever!
I can only conclude that this is why we should not forsake the fellowshipping with our brethren....when one of us is under attack and too weak spiritually to pray then the brethren should join together and stand in the gap and intercede on their behalf.

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came to these forums for fellowship.... and I guess I'm just picky... but I have only found one person in whom I can share my heart with or even cares to know it.

I'm not big on fellowship.... I must have missed the memo.... and yes I know... do not forsake the assembly.... I can't seem to find that assembly.
Most of us came here to find fellowship...and sadly became disappointed in the actions of others....but when you find that one person who you can relate to and they can relate to you then it makes it all worth the trials you had to face here.
But remember that you are to be a light in the darkness and when opportunity presents itself let that light of Christ shine through you and be a vessel that he can minister through.
Amen?

Reactions: amadeus