Eternal Life and the millennium

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

He alone possesses immortality and lives in unapproachable light, whom no human has ever seen or is able to see. To him be honor and eternal power! Amen. --- (1 Timothy 6:15-16, NETfree version).

"For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has given to the Son to have life within Himself" John 5:26

"I am the First and the Last, and the Living One, and I became dead, and behold, I am alive for ever and ever, Amen. And I have the keys of hades and of death." Revelation 1:17-18.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Eternal life | immortality is in Christ, through whom and by whom all things were created, and who alone has (eternal) life | immortality in Himself.

That immortality of Christ is not in us, i.e in ourselves, and never will be, because we are not God, we are the creature, we are created.

God told Adam, who was immortal at the time the one commandment was given to him, that if he disobeys the commandment,

".. you will most definitely die." (Genesis 2:17).

Those whose eternal life is in Christ also have only one commandment:

"And this is His commandment, that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as He gave us commandment.
And he who keeps His commandment dwells in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit which He gave to us.
" (1 John 3:23-24).

This was the result of Adam's turning aside from the one and only commandment that was given to him:

"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man has become as one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put forth his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever, therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he had been taken.
And He drove out the man. And He placed cherubs at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life."
(Genesis 3:22-24).

Adam was immortal before he sinned, but his immortality, i.e his eternal life, was in Christ our Creator, the Word of God through whom and by whom all things were created, in whom is life, and in whom all things consist, but Adam was only immortal until he believed the word that says,

"You will NOT 'most definitely die'. You will be like God" Genesis 3:4-5

God alone is immortal, God alone has (eternal) life in Himself. Jesus is God. Mankind is a created being. We are not God. Immortality | eternal life can only exist in Christ.

The lie that Satan told Adam and Eve was not that Adam and Eve would know good and evil. They did know good and evil, once they had partaken of the fruit of that tree. The lie was that because Adam and Eve were immortal at the time when they were eating freely of the tree of life, they would NOT die.

However, their immortality was in Christ, so when they turned aside from the Word of God, death came into the experience of mankind:

1. Death:

Mankind's first death is Adam's death. It came to all the children of Adam:

Through one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin, and so death passed on all men inasmuch as all sinned Romans 5:12

2. Resurrection:

Mankind both has already, and will yet experience one resurrection from death - Christ's resurrection, which takes place in Him just as much as death took place in Adam:

-- I am the Resurrection and the Life!
He who believes in Me,
though he die,
yet he shall live.
And whoever lives and believes in Me
shall never die -- John 11:25

Whoever lives and believes in Jesus shall never die.

Therefore only those who live and believe in Jesus shall never die the 2nd death (John 11:25-26), but this is not the case with those who turn aside later, if anyone were to turn aside later.

3. 2nd death:

There will be no 2nd sacrifice for sins, and no 2nd resurrection from the 2nd death - and the lake of fire IS the 2nd death (Revelation 20:14; Revelation 21:8):

I'm a pre-millennialist. However there is a lot I'm in disagreement with most other pre-millennialists about.

For example, very few pre-millennialists seem to notice that it will already be known before the return of Christ and the resurrection of the dead whose names were not in the book of life, because those whose names were found written in the book of life, did not worship the beast, but all those whose names were not written in the book of life, worshiped the beast.

There will be no souls whose names have not been written in the Book of Life going into the millennium:

"If anyone worships the beast and its image, and receives a mark in his forehead or in his hand, he also will drink of the wine of the anger of God, having been mixed undiluted in the cup of His wrath. And he will be tormented by fire and brimstone before the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb.
And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever. And they have no rest day or night, those who worship the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.
Here is the patience of the saints. Here are the ones who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus."
Revelation 14:9-12

Yet after the close of the millennium we read again that "If anyone was not found having been written in the Book of Life, he was cast into the Lake of Fire." (Revelation 20:15).

The lake of fire is the 2nd death.

Those who do not remain in the Vine do not have immortality | eternal life in themselves any more than Adam did. The 2nd death is their destiny too. It's not the destiny of everyone who was resurrected, but only of those who had life in Christ, but turned aside to follow Satan when he was released again at the close of the millennium, believing that they will NOT most definitely die.

It is only those who were martyred for their refusal to worship the beast who are promised that the 2nd death will have no power over them. The verse is silent about all the others who died in Christ without ever having been tested as these were.

This is also the case before the resurrection in respect of those who will take part in the apostasy mentioned in 2 Thessalonians 2.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is only those who were martyred for their refusal to worship the beast who are promised that the 2nd death will have no power over them. The verse is silent about all the others who died in Christ without ever having been tested as these were.

This is also the case before the resurrection in respect of those who will take part in the apostasy mentioned in 2 Thessalonians 2.
False Claim

There is one future time of resurrection, this takes place on the last day at the second coming (The End)

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
False Claim

There is one future time of resurrection, this takes place on the last day at the second coming (The End)
There's no 2nd resurrection. That's what my post said. I don't believe anyone is being resurrected at the time of the GWT judgment. The text does not say so, unlike the text in Rev.20:40-6 says about those who had been beheaded for refusing to worship the beast.

"The sea giving up the dead in it. And death and hades delivering up the dead in them" (Rev.20:13) is not saying anything about a resurrection.

There's n o 2nd sacrifice for sins and no 2nd resurrection from the 2nd death.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no 2nd resurrection. That's what my post said. I don't believe anyone is being resurrected at the time of the GWT judgment. The text does not say so, unlike the text in Rev.20:40-6 says about those who had been beheaded for refusing to worship the beast.

"The sea giving up the dead in it. And death and hades delivering up the dead in them" (Rev.20:13) is not saying anything about a resurrection.

There's n o 2nd sacrifice for sins and no 2nd resurrection from the 2nd death.
There are (Two) resurrections on the (Last Day) the righteous are blessed to be in the (First Resurrection) to eternal life, on such the (Second Death) resurrection has no power.

1.) (First Resurrection) To Life
2.) (Second Death) Resurrection To Damnation

Revelation 20:6KJV
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The (Last Day) Resurrection Of All Below

Daniel 12:1-2KJV
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 Corinthians 15:21-24KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

The (Last Day) Judgement

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
There are (Two) resurrections on the (Last Day) the righteous are blessed to be in the (First Resurrection) to eternal life, on such the (Second Death) resurrection has no power.

1.) (First Resurrection) To Life
2.) (Second Death) Resurrection To Damnation

Revelation 20:6KJV
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The (Last Day) Resurrection Of All Below

Daniel 12:1-2KJV
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 Corinthians 15:21-24KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

The (Last Day) Judgement

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
The above all agrees with what I said about there being no resurrection at the time of the GWT judgment. The resurrection of the just and of the unjust would have already taken place a thousand years earlier. The only people left to die the 2nd death are those who had been eating of the tree of life and thinking their eternal life | immortality is in themselves, just like Adam and Eve did when they made their fatal error.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The above all agrees with what I said about there being no resurrection at the time of the GWT judgment. The resurrection of the just and of the unjust would have already taken place a thousand years earlier. The only people left to die the 2nd death are those who had been eating of the tree of life and thinking their eternal life | immortality is in themselves, just like Adam and Eve did when they made their fatal error.
Jesus Christ returns in fire and final judgment (The End) there is no thousand year anything as you suggest

Jesus returns, resurrection of all takes place, final judgment (The End) the New Heaen, Earth, Jerusalem is revealed for eternity, as the wicked are judged to the lake of fire