Eternal Life is Now!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is not just an endless life....but WHERE that life will be...in the holy city? Among the nations? In outer darkness?
The word eternal life literally means life eternal. (to live forever)

Jesus said whoever believes will never perish, but has eternal life.

Those in outer darkness have no life. let alone eternal life. They are still in a state of condemnation. they must be born again, ie, they are still dead.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that outer darkness is hell or heaven's suburb?
The reason I asked is because I read your post (#43) from the link below:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So basic...and so deep. Many will claim to understand Jesus and His doctrine...but do not DO what He says. Hearers and claimers only.
There isn't just one depth though....we are not all at the same depth in our growth. I agree there are hearers and claimers who walk in disobedience......but also there are those who are sincere with the Lord, and what I see in the bible is that we grow in faith and learn to be led by the Spirit.....but even the children and babies in the family of God are still God's children and heirs of eternal life.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To learn about something, we compare. A man weighs more than a mouse and less than an elephant.

What is SO HARD about listening to a podcast??? :ummm: And then commenting as if you understand the point of it. Do you take time to read the bible...or are you too busy for that? A person can do more than one thing at a time. Listening while cleaning, or walking somewhere...all that is possible.

But my comparison was with words for life found within the bible. The different KINDS of life.

For those who are deaf and cannot HEAR the podcast... ;)

BIOS life: Human body life

Psuche life: Human life...the soul life.

Zoe life: Jesus life, eternal life.

Hey now you have it right, Jesus Life first, lol. Just checking. That was befire coffee anyway, lol. The reason I couldnt watch your podcast is because I need that time to read my bible today. I've been reading the book of Job

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey now you have it right, Jesus Life first, lol. Just checking. That was befire coffee anyway, lol. The reason I couldnt watch your podcast is because I need that time to read my bible today. I've been reading the book of Job
Your better off reading Job lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MA2444

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Job...an excellent book...but quite obscure as to the import for our times. Job went from righteousness into holiness...as an example of what God wants us to learn and achieve through much suffering. :)

At first he only heard of God...but then met Him face to face and was doubly blessed for it. Is that worth it? Yes, when you consider that the gains are eternal even as the losses are temporal. What value do we put on eternal things?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There isn't just one depth though....we are not all at the same depth in our growth. I agree there are hearers and claimers who walk in disobedience......but also there are those who are sincere with the Lord, and what I see in the bible is that we grow in faith and learn to be led by the Spirit.....but even the children and babies in the family of God are still God's children and heirs of eternal life.
What you don't see is your reluctance to learn and grow...and you use the idea ...in theory...that to learn and grow you need to defend yourself (full on carnal nature and outer man husk protection) against learning and growing. That would be like saying...I don't do math because I want to learn arithmetic. :ummm:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you don't see is your reluctance to learn and grow...and you use the idea ...in theory...that to learn and grow you need to defend yourself (full on carnal nature and outer man husk protection) against learning and growing. That would be like saying...I don't do math because I want to learn arithmetic. :ummm:
do what?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Job...an excellent book...but quite obscure as to the import for our times. Job went from righteousness into holiness...as an example of what God wants us to learn and achieve through much suffering. :)

The born again are become "the righteousness of GOD.. IN Christ".. the very SECOND they Give God their Faith in Christ..

= INSTANTLY, God forgives all sin, and then gives them the "new birth" and they become a "NEW Creation, in Christ'.

Why?

Because Jesus has done all the suffering on the Cross already. ... and ""by HIS Stripes we were HEALED, Delivered, and Made Righteous.""

So, @Episkopos , you are teaching against that Truth, by teaching your "we must suffer" gospel of self righteousness, in place of God's Grace.

Now, most of us here who are "Adults", have some scars, have some years of suffering, have some hard lessons learned.

We dont need your self righteous finger dictating your point of view about any of that, ...
Understand?

So, keep that in mind before you start barking at the Real Believers.. again.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The word eternal life literally means life eternal. (to live forever)

Jesus said whoever believes will never perish, but has eternal life.

Those in outer darkness have no life. let alone eternal life. They are still in a state of condemnation. they must be born again, ie, they are still dead.
Oh my. You still don't realize that one is SAVED into outer darkness. The wicked of the earth are cast into the lake of fire to be burned up there. Your superficial reading of the bible is showing.

Like the Stevie Wonder song that goes... ♪ very superficial ♪ the writing's on the wall ♪

When you believe in things
That you don't understand,
Then you suffer,
Superficial aint the way

Keep me in a daydream,
Keep me goin' strong,
That will never save me,
Sad is the soul

......OK maybe I adapted the song a little ;)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The born again are become "the righteousness of GOD.. IN Christ".. the very SECOND they Give God their Faith in Christ..

INSTANTLY, God forgives all sin, and then gives them the "new birth" and they become a "NEW Creation, in Christ'.

Why?

Because Jesus has done all the suffering on the Cross already. ... and by HIS Stripes we are HEALED, Delivered, and Made Righteous.

So, @Episkopos , you are teaching against that Truth, by teaching your "we must suffer" gospel of self righteousness, in place of God's Grace

Now, most of us here who are "Adult", have some scars, have some years of suffering, have some hard lessons learned.

We dont need your self righteous finger dictating your point of view about any of that.

So, keep that in mind before you start barking at the Real Believers..
Very superficial...leading to false conclusions. God doesn't want to spoil our flesh...no..those He loves He whips and beats...the temple of God was built on a threshing floor. Look up what threshing entails...beating and whipping.

So you have God all wrong and will be with the pretenders on that day. God has a way of testing people..and you have swallowed all the lies....the great delusion that weeds out iniquity.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
..those He loves He whips and beats..

Your theologically disturbed rendering of Hebrews 12:6, is definitely concluding that you are the perfect definition of a "martyr complex".

""A “martyr complex” is a term to describe a trait where a person persistently carries out = self-sacrificing behaviors""

See that?
Thats your CORE Theology.

Feel free to come back and prove it again, and again, as you always do, @Episkopos

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my. You still don't realize that one is SAVED into outer darkness. The wicked of the earth are cast into the lake of fire to be burned up there. Your superficial reading of the bible is showing.
lol. They are cast into hell BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT SAVED
Like the Stevie Wonder song that goes... ♪ very superficial ♪ the writing's on the wall ♪

When you believe in things
That you don't understand,
Then you suffer,
Superficial aint the way
You evidently do not understand the gospel. that is a fact I think we can all agree on
Keep me in a daydream,
Keep me goin' strong,
That will never save me,
Sad is the soul

......OK maybe I adapted the song a little ;)
When will you wake up from your daydream that you can be righteous enough to earn salvation?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your theologically disturbed rendering of Hebrews 12:6, is definitely concluding that you are the perfect definition of a "martyr complex".

""A “martyr complex” is a term to describe a trait where a person persistently carries out = self-sacrificing behaviors""

See that?

Feel free to come back and prove it again, and again, as you always do, @Episkopos
It only looks like that to those who pamper the flesh and twist the bible in order to justify it. Any suffering for you is a martyr complex. The extreme unbalance of your position makes you continually make false conclusions.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your better off reading Job lol

I'm pretty sure that this is the same guy who was talking disparingly about Charles Stanley before. I've never really heard good teachers of the word talk down their collegues, what's with that?!

So...Don't listen to Charles Stanley, listen to me, I'm a good teacher...!!

I guess I'll stick to Job, lol. There is a lot to be learned there.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that this is the same guy who was talking disparingly about Charles Stanley before. I've never really heard good teachers of the word talk down their collegues, what's with that?!

So...Don't listen to Charles Stanley, listen to me, I'm a good teacher...!!

I guess I'll stick to Job, lol. There is a lot to be learned there.
Job is pretty amazing.. And we think we have it bad!!

Reactions: marks and MA2444

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

See that?

Yes...I always prove the truth with scripture. And the dishonesty of some here is that once they have been soundly refuted...they ignore the teaching...as they do all the sound doctrines of the bible. Nobody can force a person to be honest or honourable. The indoctrination is so flawed as to invite more and more dishonesty until such a one is WORSE off than they ever were...even as they claim a "progressive" sanctification (actually a progressive iniquity).

But as to believers being cast into outer darkness....here goes (to be ignored by those whom this refers to)

Jude Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Or here...

But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delays his coming;
49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, (attacking those who preach the truth) and to eat and drink with the drunken (partaking of false doctrines and teaching them);
50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looks not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matt. 48:51

Last edited:
Reactions: faithfulness

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

At first he only heard of God...but then met Him face to face and was doubly blessed for it. Is that worth it? Yes, when you consider that the gains are eternal even as the losses are temporal. What value do we put on eternal things?

I agree with most of this. But, obscure as to import for our times is only code talk for, Job will take some studying. In no way is it not, important to our times. So to get the gist of it just takes some time and study.

It's still early, I feel like maybe I should read some more today anyway.