Eternal Life is Promised to The Elect

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(tim_from_pa;61624)
Hey 3rdday--:When was Genesis 35:11 ever fulfilled?
biggrin.gif

Tim, most people just can't see it, they are only looking at one side of the coin. Two sides of the coin is what makes it beautiful.

3rddaymessenger

Oct 17, 2008
(Jordan;61636)
Tim, most people just can't see it, they are only looking at one side of the coin. Two sides of the coin is what makes it beautiful.
The thing is...we're not interesred in analizing every facet of the "rose" petals, or intellectualizing everything to death. We're walking in the fragrance of the Rose, and going forward in the ever-increasing Light. We're walking in the fulfillment...Christ. Not stumbling around in the darkness of shadows...trying to figuer out who's who. We KNOW who we are.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Follower;61637)
(Jordan;61636)
The thing is...we're not interesred in analizing every facet of the "rose" petals, or intellectualizing everything to death. We're walking in the fragrance of the Rose, and going forward in the ever-increasing Light. We're walking in the fulfillment...Christ. Not stumbling around in the darkness of shadows...trying to figuer out who's who. We KNOW who we are.OH really? And how do you know which race you are in?

3rddaymessenger

Oct 17, 2008
(Jordan;61638)
OH really? And how do you know which race you are in?
The "Royal Priesthood" race....the "Holy Nation" race. (1 Peter 2:5-9)Surely you saw that coming..
smile.gif

3rddaymessenger

Oct 17, 2008
(tim_from_pa;61624)
Hey 3rdday--:When was Genesis 35:11 ever fulfilled?
biggrin.gif

To answer your question, Genesis 35:11 was fulfilled in Jesus Christ...the Seed of God, brought through the covenant made with Abraham. Typed in Isaac...the promised child. And then out of Christ comes forth a "people out of every nation for His name". Kings and Priests unto God.It was partially fufilled in me. How about you?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
You guys are talking appels and oranges 3rdday your talking strickly spiritual That doesnt seem to be what the others are discussing.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;61646)
You guys are talking appels and oranges 3rdday your talking strickly spiritual That doesnt seem to be what the others are discussing.
Yea, you can't have the spiritual with out the physical.

3rddaymessenger

Oct 17, 2008
(Christina;61646)
The original thread post was totally "spiritual" and I agree with it. I type natural things with their spiritual fufillment, just like Jesus did and many true prophetic ministries. Always have, always will.I refuse to be LOWERED to the physical, natural realm...when God has called us "upward". There is a "spiritual fulfillment" to ALL Scriptural history, dealings and prophecies. Those spiritual fufillments are my focus...God's too.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well its all Gods Word and understanding his plan is to better understand our Father he wrote us a letter (the Word) for a reason we are to study it all not just parts However I do agree the thread started out as spiritual. But to fully understand God both are equally important.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;61654)
(3rddaymessenger;61652)
(Christina;61646)
You guys are talking appels and oranges 3rdday your talking strickly spiritualThat doesnt seem to be what the others are discussing.
The original thread post was totally "spiritual" and I agree with it. I type natural things with their spiritual fufillment, just like Jesus did and many true prophetic ministries. Always have, always will.I refuse to be LOWERED to the physical, natural realm...when God has called us "upward". There is a "spiritual fulfillment" to ALL Scriptural history, dealings and prophecies. Those spiritual fufillments are my focus...God's too.Well its all Gods Word and understanding his plan is to better understand out Father he wrote us a letter (the Word) for a reason we are to study it all not just partsHowever I do agree the thread started out as spiritual. But to fully understand God both are equally important.3rdday---Christina is right. If you refuse to see it physically, you will never fully understand God's Words.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Thanks folks for siding here with me (as always with my friends).
To answer your question, Genesis 35:11 was fulfilled in Jesus Christ...the Seed of God, brought through the covenant made with Abraham. Typed in Isaac...the promised child. And then out of Christ comes forth a "people out of every nation for His name". Kings and Priests unto God.It was partially fufilled in me. How about you?
That's only part of it.Look at Israel, and in the tribes you have kingly lineage and priestly lineage. These encompassed the tribes of Judah and Levi. Now what about the rest?Yes, the tribe of Judah that Christ came from does not have the birthright. It was the birthright tribe that was promised nations (Joseph).Now, when Genesis 35:11 promise was made, that was also understood to be actual nations, as in political. Obviously that did not happen in the OT. And in the new Testament you merely conjured up a spiritual fulfillment, not a physical. And God works with the natural element, and actual people with genealogies to carry out the Spiritual as promised being a "blessing to all nations". The blessing to all nations was to be carried out by Abraham's seed who were to be as the SANDS (physical descendents) of the seashore AND STARS of the heavens (Spiritual). The actual flesh and blood seed would be the perveyors of the gospel.Again, you are only seeing one side of the coin.See? nobody can answer Genesis 35:11 apart from what I am saying. I have yet to hear one other explanation.

3rddaymessenger

Oct 17, 2008
(tim_from_pa;61668)
Thanks folks for siding here with me (as always with my friends).That's only part of it.Look at Israel, and in the tribes you have kingly lineage and priestly lineage. These encompassed the tribes of Judah and Levi. Now what about the rest?Yes, the tribe of Judah that Christ came from does not have the birthright. It was the birthright tribe that was promised nations (Joseph).Now, when Genesis 35:11 promise was made, that was also understood to be actual nations, as in political. Obviously that did not happen in the OT. And in the new Testament you merely conjured up a spiritual fulfillment, not a physical. And God works with the natural element, and actual people with genealogies to carry out the Spiritual as promised being a "blessing to all nations". The blessing to all nations was to be carried out by Abraham's seed who were to be as the SANDS (physical descendents) of the seashore AND STARS of the heavens (Spiritual). The actual flesh and blood seed would be the perveyors of the gospel.Again, you are only seeing one side of the coin.See? nobody can answer Genesis 35:11 apart from what I am saying. I have yet to hear one other explanation.
Well, allow me to continue to dissagree with you. Yes, there are "two sides to the coin"...one side is Old Testament...the other is New Testament.The new Testament is the fulfillment of the old. I'm beholding the Glory of the new. That which has been fulfilled in Christ and being manifested in His predestinated sons and daughters.No natural, physical, political nation is "blessed". It is ONLY the spiritual seed of Christ which are blessed. Those that were "afore prepared to Glory"...those of the Gentiles and the Jews. Romans 9:23,24There's NOTHING that means anything to God outside of Christ. Nothing outside of the spiritual fulfillment of those physical and national types and shadows. NOTHING means anything to God outside of the "new creation" people...beginning with Jesus, "the beginning of the creation of God". Rev.3:14I don't know, maybe this teaching doesn't give you much to talk about; but it's wonderful to me.By the way, this is the only "part of it" I care to see. It is the fulfillment and interpretation of the other "part". When God reveals the "Light" from the types and shadows...how foolish to dwell on the shadow. To properly understand the "shadow" you must needs BE IN THE LIGHT of it's fulfillment. Maybe that's where you're missing it.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(3rddaymessenger;61688)
Well, allow me to continue to dissagree with you. Yes, there are "two sides to the coin"...one side is Old Testament...the other is New Testament.The new Testament is the fulfillment of the old. I'm beholding the Glory of the new. That which has been fulfilled in Christ and being manifested in His predestinated sons and daughters.No natural, physical, political nation is "blessed". It is ONLY the spiritual seed of Christ which are blessed. Those that were "afore prepared to Glory"...those of the Gentiles and the Jews. Romans 9:23,24There's NOTHING that means anything to God outside of Christ. Nothing outside of the spiritual fulfillment of those physical and national types and shadows. NOTHING means anything to God outside of the "new creation" people...beginning with Jesus, "the beginning of the creation of God". Rev.3:14I don't know, maybe this teaching doesn't give you much to talk about; but it's wonderful to me.
Spiritually, I'm not disagreeing with you---- I'm saying there's more, and this is the foundation to the spiritual.I'm saying because of the Abrahamic covenant, there needs to be a multitude of actual seed of Abraham, in whom bring the spiritual to the rest of the world.This is different than mainline Christianity that claims that the gospel is entrusted to non-Israelite Gentiles while the actual seed enjoy no blessings, even if only earthly (which a large part of the Abrahamic covenant is earthly).It is possible to be chosen of God, inherit the promises and be his people from Abraham, and still perish. That's because the promises are national like I've been pointing out.Here's a general list of the great things promised to Abraham:A specific land was to be givenA great nation was to come from himA great nameHe was to be blessed and a source of blessingMany physical seedMany Spiritual seedMany nationsMany kingsA son of promise by whom this would be carried outThey would posses the gates of their enemiesThere was to be one seed by whom was the source of that blessingThis was understood and reiterated to be everlasting and unconditional covenants (I say plural because there were many things promised).So you see, although spiritual is included, it does not exclude the physical as well. The Israelites today (whoever they became) must all be gathered together so that the two chosen nations of God will become one again:The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying, Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes.And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.So you see, God promised His cleansing to His own people--- those born from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. And again God said, Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.This New Covenant theologians will agree that it began with Christ. And notice here God will enact that new covenant with His two peoples, the house of Israel and the house of Judah. These are actual, literal sons of Jacob. This obviously is not symbolic because Gentiles would not be referred to as "the house of Israel" and the "house of Judah".And with that I trust God that He will put His New Covenant in those pople. Only the Spiritually wise take notice that only the "house of Israel" is mentioned in the second half of this promise. That's because it hints at the age of grace where the Israelites would overwhelmingly accept the gospel, but the Jews do not---- that's because the house of Israel was destined to become many nations and were to be the light (gospel) bearers to the rest of the world. The Abrahamic Covenant commands it.That's why I'm not afraid of terrorists. This nation of the United States (along with Britain, the Commonwealth and NW European nations) are the chosen people of God. Not because of any superiority, but because God made a covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. And this is a responsibility we are obligated to keep---- if not, we reap trouble. The tribulation (aka the time of Jacob's trouble) God is hardest on His own, and the rest of the world hates us just like the Jews.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(3rddaymessenger;61688)
(tim_from_pa;61668)
Thanks folks for siding here with me (as always with my friends).That's only part of it.Look at Israel, and in the tribes you have kingly lineage and priestly lineage. These encompassed the tribes of Judah and Levi. Now what about the rest?Yes, the tribe of Judah that Christ came from does not have the birthright. It was the birthright tribe that was promised nations (Joseph).Now, when Genesis 35:11 promise was made, that was also understood to be actual nations, as in political. Obviously that did not happen in the OT. And in the new Testament you merely conjured up a spiritual fulfillment, not a physical. And God works with the natural element, and actual people with genealogies to carry out the Spiritual as promised being a "blessing to all nations". The blessing to all nations was to be carried out by Abraham's seed who were to be as the SANDS (physical descendents) of the seashore AND STARS of the heavens (Spiritual). The actual flesh and blood seed would be the perveyors of the gospel.Again, you are only seeing one side of the coin.See? nobody can answer Genesis 35:11 apart from what I am saying. I have yet to hear one other explanation.
Well, allow me to continue to dissagree with you. Yes, there are "two sides to the coin"...one side is Old Testament...the other is New Testament.The new Testament is the fulfillment of the old. I'm beholding the Glory of the new. That which has been fulfilled in Christ and being manifested in His predestinated sons and daughters.No natural, physical, political nation is "blessed". It is ONLY the spiritual seed of Christ which are blessed. Those that were "afore prepared to Glory"...those of the Gentiles and the Jews. Romans 9:23,24There's NOTHING that means anything to God outside of Christ. Nothing outside of the spiritual fulfillment of those physical and national types and shadows. NOTHING means anything to God outside of the "new creation" people...beginning with Jesus, "the beginning of the creation of God". Rev.3:14I don't know, maybe this teaching doesn't give you much to talk about; but it's wonderful to me.By the way, this is the only "part of it" I care to see. It is the fulfillment and interpretation of the other "part". When God reveals the "Light" from the types and shadows...how foolish to dwell on the shadow. To properly understand the "shadow" you must needs BE IN THE LIGHT of it's fulfillment. Maybe that's where you're missing it.The Old Testament and the New Testament are not even a side of the coin. It's one whole picture.The sides of the coin are physically and spiritually. The Old and New says the same thing. There is no new thing under the sun. (Ecclesiastes 1:9) The New does not change anything from the Old.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(3rddaymessenger;61688)
....By the way, this is the only "part of it" I care to see. ...
OK, well, that's your choice for now. But, someday you WILL see!

3rddaymessenger

Oct 17, 2008
(tomwebster;61693)
No, actually, your physical, national idols are becoming "strangely dim"...the things of this world...are becoming dimmer and dimmer...in the Light of His glory and grace!It has been God's choice to bless me "with eyes to see" and "ears to hear". It is to His predestinated that the mysteries of His Kingdom are revealed.As the predestinated seed of God behold the Glory of Christ...nations and denominations fall away into judgement and oblivion. In the Light of New Testament Glory we see the preeminence of Christ...and God's eternal purpose in Him.Romans 9:27-29 (KJV)27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved: 28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.29 And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, (a spiritual seed) we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.Gal 4:21-31 (KJV)21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law? 22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. 23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. 25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. 26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. 27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband. 28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. 29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now. 30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. 31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(3rddaymessenger;61695)
Gal 4:21-31 (KJV)21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law? 22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. 23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. 25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. 26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. 27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband. 28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. 29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now. 30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. 31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.
Shows you can't differentiate between the Abrahamic Covenant and the Law of Moses. This has nothing to do with what I am saying. The Abrahamic Covenant is not the Old Covenant nor the Law hate to say.The Adamic (Edenic) Covenants are in full effect yet. The Noahic Covenant is in full effect yet. The Abrahamic is in full effect yet. The Davidic is in full effect yet---- these are not the Old Covenant.Now, back to the Abrahamic---- Genesis 35:11 says that nations will come from Jacob. You have not given an answer to this yet. Can you tell us why God would say that, and then not do it?Now, let me give a hint---- the Abrahamic Covenant is a promise to the seed of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to be the means of bringing the Law (the Old Covenant) and later the New Covenant to the world. The Old and new Covenants work within that framework of the Abrahamic Covenant just like two different objects can be a subset of a greater object in mathematical thinking.I don't know how many ways I can describe an elephant before it sinks in.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(3rddaymessenger)
....By the way, this is the only "part of it" I care to see. ...
(tomwebster;61693)
Good observation, Tom. That says it all. A pick and choose theology.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(tim_from_pa;61705)
To the rest of my friends..... Now for a little Saturday night entertainment. This is what the skeptics do around the issues (such as Genesis 35:11):
biggrin.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLxTuBtQ7ak
That is an extremely funny way to look at it in a spiritual way for those who loves to pick and choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.