Eternal punishment is not the case.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give a man time to work things out with God! It’s the better alternative to think things through than to let another man think things through for you.

Beware the leaven of men.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember when you were new here. You were much more reserved, kind of quiet and unsure of yourself.

You have re-emerged as the consummate instigator on this Forum.

Why? How do think that supports, or teaches, Christianity to always be posting threads and posts that offend, just to get a response or .... what is your thought process on that?

You don't teach, or support, scripture in any way to post threads claiming unbelievers will not be punished/destroyed/sent to hell, etc. That is actually blasphemy, just in case you didn't know that.

Jesus, Himself, made it very clear that ALL unbelievers will be destroyed in hell.

Thank you for your insights, Gen2rev.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup - it's a 1996 Gibson Mastertone Earl Scruggs model, that was my "bonus" from the company I worked for at the time. We were in Nashville working an Industrial show, and they presented it to me there. I had to play it at the show in our booth to make it a "Business Expense" so they could "Write it off". Fellow in the next booth had brought his guitar, so we made some music. I could never have afforded to buy it myself. for some good 'grass see "bcarabbio" in YouTube.

Interesting history and thank you for sharing it, Bob.

This would be correct video? Beautiful music, and those singing too.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG, you're in good company with Jesus and the prophets.

Thank you for your kind words Lambano and hope you enjoy time spending with your family this holiday season. God is good, and God is love. He will never stop being Good and love, and it will always be about ones faith and love. Love for God and love for others.

Give a man time to work things out with God! It’s the better alternative to think things through than to let another man think things through for you.

Beware the leaven of men.

It’s alright there will be many that would consider my views abnormal, and my main goal in life is to have faith in God and have love for God and love for others.

I desire to get along with others and allow them to believe what they desire, it’s called liberty in Christ.

I desire to love all people even though it can be difficult.

An experience tonight at work is proof of that, but maybe that person will get better, I don’t know.

Always gotta pray asking for patience, kindness, gentleness, mercy, asking God to help by the Holy Spirit to not lash out, to not be bitter to let go of wrath and malice of the flesh.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember when you were new here. You were much more reserved, kind of quiet and unsure of yourself.

You have re-emerged as the consummate instigator on this Forum.

Why? How do think that supports, or teaches, Christianity to always be posting threads and posts that offend, just to get a response or .... what is your thought process on that?

You don't teach, or support, scripture in any way to post threads claiming unbelievers will not be punished/destroyed/sent to hell, etc. That is actually blasphemy, just in case you didn't know that.

Jesus, Himself, made it very clear that ALL unbelievers will be destroyed in hell.

Gen2rev,

Thinking about your insights, would like to say you are absolutely right through out the Gospels before Jesus came back and took the bride groom in that age. I believe people went or Sheol. But since hell/Sheol and all that was in it was gave up (according to revelation) there is no reason to believe this the case anymore. Moving forward from the Gospels and the coming back of Christ. Hell was tossed and done away with. To me, personally when you die and leave this life you will go and be in front of the city Gates to be judged given your resurrected body. I don’t know how this judgment works or what it looks like but this is what I believe.

The moment I exit this body I’m going to be faced with God and his righteous judgment in which I can only say “God your son was the only reason I was able to love at all, thank you for him”.

Those who do not believe are placed outside the city gates.

I do not believe personally we live in an age where we are governed over by apostles like the very earliest churches they established where in which the church bride back then had to be pure, blameless, and spotless.

They went through severe trials, back then Nero would have the most gruesome torments upon the Christians… just go check out some history on him…. He killed himself and the next runner up kept the spirit of Nero alive and the people where in fear, they worshiped statues of Nero, and it was horrible, he was considered the beast and his number was 666.

Of course some would say hitler was worse, but man those Christians back then went through terrible time. Considering Paul went to jail several times just for preaching Jesus.

That doesn’t happen not to say it won’t in some countries but not like it was in that early age. Ie: 60ads when it progressed worse and worse for Israel.

Thank you very much for your comment, Gen2rev. You might not believe any this is useful or applicable but anyone who reads should go and research for themselves.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen2rev,

Thinking about your insights, would like to say you are absolutely right through out the Gospels before Jesus came back and took the bride groom in that age. I believe people went or Sheol. But since hell/Sheol and all that was in it was gave up (according to revelation) there is no reason to believe this the case anymore. Moving forward from the Gospels and the coming back of Christ. Hell was tossed and done away with. To me, personally when you die and leave this life you will go and be in front of the city Gates to be judged given your resurrected body. I don’t know how this judgment works or what it looks like but this is what I believe.

The moment I exit this body I’m going to be faced with God and his righteous judgment in which I can only say “God your son was the only reason I was able to love at all, thank you for him”.

Those who do not believe are placed outside the city gates.

I do not believe personally we live in an age where we are governed over by apostles like the very earliest churches they established where in which the church bride back then had to be pure, blameless, and spotless.

They went through severe trials, back then Nero would have the most gruesome torments upon the Christians… just go check out some history on him…. He killed himself and the next runner up kept the spirit of Nero alive and the people where in fear, they worshiped statues of Nero, and it was horrible, he was considered the beast and his number was 666.

Of course some would say hitler was worse, but man those Christians back then went through terrible time. Considering Paul went to jail several times just for preaching Jesus.

That doesn’t happen not to say it won’t in some countries but not like it was in that early age. Ie: 60ads when it progressed worse and worse for Israel.

Thank you very much for your comment, Gen2rev. You might not believe any this is useful or applicable but anyone who reads should go and research for themselves.
Most Christians are well aware that Jesus has not already returned and hell hasn't been done away with. It is just more Preterist nonsense to lead people astray and you are showcasing it as your true purpose here. You are not disguising your true agenda well at all. Either from lack of experience or outright boldness in believing people are too stupid to see what's going on.

A few days ago it was "let's love and embrace all child rapists!", now its "Jesus has already returned and hell is no longer a factor for anybody - sin all you like."

There is nothing at all in this world to indicate that Jesus has returned. Wickedness has not been destroyed. The world has not been destroyed. And evil is rampant. You are wildly incorrect and most here can see that.

It's almost useless to even address it, but for those who are young Christians and those unstudied in The Word, it is still a threat; as is all Biblical inaccuracy perpetuated by the devil and those who follow him.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean why satan seems to have eternity in himself and we don’t and therefore need to be born again?
If that’s what you meant, Adam didn’t eat from the tree that could have made him live forever and then he had no chance to because an angel with a sword blocked the way to it because God said:
Then the LORD God said, “Look, the human beings have become like us, knowing both good and evil. What if they reach out, take fruit from the tree of life, and eat it? Then they will live forever!”
So it appears Adam did not have eternal life in him. Then, since he was made to bring forth of his own kind, how could he sire a person who DID have eternal life in them?
It reads to me like God didn’t want humans to be eternally miserable in that fallen state

As for how satan has lived so many years, no clue. He was made eternal I guess.

Good answer Jen,
Yes, it HAS to be right! After taking of the "bad" tree, if they took of The TOL...humans WOULD have lived forever in a fallen state. Used to wonder why God guarded it against them...simple really.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Just to remember: to perish (John 3.16) does not mean loss of being, but loss of well-being. Eternal loss of well-being is very serious, and very serious to deny.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to remember: to perish (John 3.16) does not mean loss of being, but loss of well-being. Eternal loss of well-being is very serious, and very serious to deny.

I don’t agree. Apollumi can mean perish, destroy, lose. Usually when we say someone has perished, everyone understands it to mean death, not a loss of well-being yet still alive. You came to your understanding of what perish means there by the thinking of other men.
Another place uses God is not willing anyone be destroyed. Does destroyed also mean other than destroyed?
By the way, good to see you! I don’t run across you as often as I used to and I hope you are well. :)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good answer Jen,
Yes, it HAS to be right! After taking of the "bad" tree, if they took of The TOL...humans WOULD have lived forever in a fallen state. Used to wonder why God guarded it against them...simple really.

Some translations say, they now know both cursing and blessing, and if I think on it, it makes sense too. Prior they only had experienced God blessing them, grace from Him, but now they would experience the opposite thing of that too. Cursed ground, pain for the first time.

Reactions: MatthewG and Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good answer Jen,

It seems God was being merciful. Who wants to live forever here and see and experience awful things for ETERNITY? Sometimes you hear of something so vile and evil someone has done that it outweighs the rays of hope you see and drags you down into sorrow so great you feel you could break into a million pieces. You begin to yearn more for your real eternal home and body.

Reactions: MatthewG and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some translations say, they now know both cursing and blessing, and if I think on it, it makes sense too. Prior they only had experienced God blessing them, grace from Him, but now they would experience the opposite thing of that too. Cursed ground, pain for the first time.

I'm still mad at Eve :rolleyes: haha.
God knew what they were going to choose...Man they had to be soo sorry for disobeying Him. Going from nothing BUT goodness to curses, pain, killing, etc. Culture shock??

Reactions: Lambano

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems God was being merciful. Who wants to live forever here and see and experience awful things for ETERNITY? Sometimes you hear of something so vile and evil someone has done that it outweighs the rays of hope you see and drags you down into sorrow so great you feel you could break into a million pieces. You begin to yearn more for your real eternal home and body.

Your post should be in caps. This has happened to me too often. It's what we cannot see that we need to focus on, He sees for us. We can (at least I do) at times just see the problems, the pain and loss of those dear to us, not the solution (Christ). The sadness of it all can, like you said bring us down low, chip away at our "joy".
Yearning for a new body!!! Can hardly fathom that...sure hope my family and myself make it!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm still mad at Eve :rolleyes: haha.
God knew what they were going to choose...Man they had to be soo sorry for disobeying Him. Going from nothing BUT goodness to curses, pain, killing, etc. Culture shock??

And can you imagine having to know one child killed your other child and it was your fault? Or seeing the first animal killed because of you? Or seeing animals having been at peace with one another to begin killing and maiming each other because of what you did? Sometimes you think, surely no person on earth can have ever been as sorry or repented as quickly as the two who subjected everyone and everything to such sorrow and futility.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your post should be in caps. This has happened to me too often. It's what we cannot see that we need to focus on, He sees for us. We can (at least I do) at times just see the problems, the pain and loss of those dear to us, not the solution (Christ). The sadness of it all can, like you said bring us down low, chip away at our "joy".
Yearning for a new body!!! Can hardly fathom that...sure hope my family and myself make it!

God makes a place for humble and merciful men.
It is therefore Him being merciful when He brings down the proud parts in us. It is Him blessing us and caring utterly about us. He brings down the proud. Then He lifts up the humble.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God makes a place for humble and merciful men.
It is therefore Him being merciful when He brings down the proud parts in us. It is Him blessing us and caring utterly about us. He brings down the proud. Then He lifts up the humble.

He sure did kick a ton of pride out of me, and is still doing it...not on such a grand scale as was years back...but pride does rear it's ugly head now and again when thinking I don't need anyone's help, when I desperately DO need their help...but not asking for it and going it alone 9 times out of 10, only to screw up badly. I recognize it now, and repent immediately.

Humility is a funny thing as, it can be hard to detect false humility sometimes and, that's when we are vulnerable to others. We want to help our bros and sisters, as we are supposed to anyhow. Yet, so many self proclaimed Christians I've met, even in church, hold a false humility and will ALWAYS be revealed eventually...specially if living with said persons...kind of makes one skeptical of EVERYONE!

TRUST NO MAN!

Sorry, off topic.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong again, Farouk. Wronggggg again.

John 3:16
Perish - Strong's Greek 622 apollumi
Definition: to destroy, destroy utterly
Usage: (a) I kill, destroy, (b) I lose, mid: I am perishing (the resultant death being viewed as certain).
Strong's Greek: 622. ἀπόλλυμι (apollumi) -- to destroy, destroy utterly

The only play the devil has is to attack the Bible, attack all scripture and add or subtract words or altogether change their meaning.

Your cause is growing desperate as your strategies are growing weaker and less effective every day. That's why the Great Tribulation is necessary. Your lies aren't fooling anyone anymore.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Wrong again, Farouk. Wronggggg again.

John 3:16
Perish - Strong's Greek 622 apollumi
Definition: to destroy, destroy utterly
Usage: (a) I kill, destroy, (b) I lose, mid: I am perishing (the resultant death being viewed as certain).
Strong's Greek: 622. ἀπόλλυμι (apollumi) -- to destroy, destroy utterly

The only play the devil has is to attack the Bible, attack all scripture and add or subtract words or altogether change their meaning.

Your cause is growing desperate as your strategies are growing weaker and less effective every day. That's why the Great Tribulation is necessary. Your lies aren't fooling anyone anymore.
I don't deny eternal punishment and I don't deny the great tribulation. (I'm not sure what conclusion you jumped to...)