Eternal punishment is not the case.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't deny eternal punishment and I don't deny the great tribulation. (I'm not sure what conclusion you jumped to...)
Didn't have to jump anywhere.

Made my correction while standing upon the conclusion you put forth yourself here.
farouk said:
Just to remember: to perish (John 3.16) does not mean loss of being, but loss of well-being.

Fascinating: You'll go the extreme of denying something you JUST posted. I wonder if that's a form of dissociation. Or just a weak attempt at deflection.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most Christians are well aware that Jesus has not already returned and hell hasn't been done away with. It is just more Preterist nonsense to lead people astray and you are showcasing it as your true purpose here. You are not disguising your true agenda well at all. Either from lack of experience or outright boldness in believing people are too stupid to see what's going on.

A few days ago it was "let's love and embrace all child rapists!", now its "Jesus has already returned and hell is no longer a factor for anybody - sin all you like."

There is nothing at all in this world to indicate that Jesus has returned. Wickedness has not been destroyed. The world has not been destroyed. And evil is rampant. You are wildly incorrect and most here can see that.

It's almost useless to even address it, but for those who are young Christians and those unstudied in The Word, it is still a threat; as is all Biblical inaccuracy perpetuated by the devil and those who follow him.

Oh wow.

“What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:1-4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.”
‭‭I John‬ ‭4:20-21‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:6-9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
‭‭I Timothy‬ ‭2:1-4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ (This is a desire but not all people have faith in Jesus Christ Yet but it is a desire for God to have people know that Jesus paid for their sin, not that that should continue living in sin, but become dead to it).

You don’t have to agree with my position of everything being completed. I’m not here to tell you what to believe, yet consider what the Bible does suggest…

Looks like people who did not believe, and showed no love end up on the outside of the gates of the kingdom of heaven.

These are not my words but Johns, who gives a clear picture of what heaven looks like in revelation 22.

If you don’t believe we are suppose to love our neighbors by speaking the truth to them I don’t know, but I never said you should sin all you like, but I did say we should have mercy, and compassion, on people who have murdered, who have done acts like child abuse…

They are sick… they need help, Jesus is the only one that can help them, it’s who we represent.

“Now it happened, as He was dining in Levi’s house, that many tax collectors and sinners also sat together with Jesus and His disciples; for there were many, and they followed Him. And when the scribes and Pharisees saw Him eating with the tax collectors and sinners, they said to His disciples, “How is it that He eats and drinks with tax collectors and sinners?” When Jesus heard it, He said to them,

“Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭2:15-17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And can you imagine having to know one child killed your other child and it was your fault? Or seeing the first animal killed because of you? Or seeing animals having been at peace with one another to begin killing and maiming each other because of what you did? Sometimes you think, surely no person on earth can have ever been as sorry or repented as quickly as the two who subjected everyone and everything to such sorrow and futility.
WORD!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God makes a place for humble and merciful men.
It is therefore Him being merciful when He brings down the proud parts in us. It is Him blessing us and caring utterly about us. He brings down the proud. Then He lifts up the humble.

He sure did kick a ton of pride out of me, and is still doing it...not on such a grand scale as was years back...but pride does rear it's ugly head now and again when thinking I don't need anyone's help, when I desperately DO need their help...but not asking for it and going it alone 9 times out of 10, only to screw up badly. I recognize it now, and repent immediately.

Humility is a funny thing as, it can be hard to detect false humility sometimes and, that's when we are vulnerable to others. We want to help our bros and sisters, as we are supposed to anyhow. Yet, so many self proclaimed Christians I've met, even in church, hold a false humility and will ALWAYS be revealed eventually...specially if living with said persons...kind of makes one skeptical of EVERYONE!

TRUST NO MAN!

Sorry, off topic.

Always be open to freely share, and be honest.

Listen deep down inside of my soul, I know that I could do better things as in for God but I’m only limited so far as to my own surroundings and what i do with my time and when in the place being with whoever it is with. Love is going to be the most valuable to God and he sees that in your heart.

The person yesterday I was working with me a young man, 22 years old. Keep saying things to me, and things that really bothered me. Being as he is young he said you can say whatever you want to me, you can call me an ugly piece of shit if you would like to…

This bothered me, as well as him acting all strange and weird yet all I stopped him and listen brother, I’m not gonna do anything like that to you, I don’t believe that is God honoring first and foremost, and then I proceeded to go back to work and then later ask him about how everything went as his meeting for him and wife and asked him about his three kids, he didn’t ask me many questions but one of them pertained to what do I like to do.

Read scripture, pray, is mostly what my life revolves around, I even told him about how I use to hate God and Christians. He respected me for doing such things. He kept running into walls and I was contemplating in my mind he was on drugs and told him if he is having a problem he can tell me, just concerned for his safety and well being. He finally went on the couch to lay down. He said he had adhd and some other type of problem maybe it was his sleeping medicine that made him drowsy and running into walls, I don’t know.

Thankful to see you and everyone chatting and everyone trying to get along and sharing their views and perspectives, always being opened and honest about yourself will open many doors for God to help improve you by the spirit if you let him.

Im not perfect just trying to live life, in hopes of one day of obtaining an wife of understanding and maybe children but if those things don’t come about I’ll still need to be lead by the Holy Spirit when it moves me.

Which are normally my actions: am I going to be mean, am I going to deceive, or lie or manipulate, am I going to hate. I’m not above telling a lie nor should one ever set themselves up to always tell the truth, you may hurt someone deeply inside say them showing their art work and you say oh what shit!

Even if you don’t really like it it would be good to lower oneself and say hey that is great and keep working at what you enjoy doing with your time.

Just some thoughts take care.

Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sbg,

I backed over my child's car. It has been destroyed from its proper use, but not annihilated.

Oz

Oh dear…I can just imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth when you did that. Hopefully it was a toy car…?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sbg,

For how long will these people be "away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might"? Eternally!

What is the nature of this eternal destruction?

Oz

Some men say it is eternal life instead. Eternal life of torture. That’s what they were taught and they believe it.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Age-during (Eternal) - as long as they desire for it to last, in my opinion, @OzSpen. They can stand outside the gate never desiring God as long as they want, and I believe our job in heaven could be going out there to help those who are in darkness. Revelation 22 states outside are they whom are not in the city. The gates are open. Do they ever close?

Reactions: Lambano

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sbg,

For how long will these people be "away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might"? Eternally!

What is the nature of this eternal destruction?

Oz

I do think the outer darkness appears to be forever though…I have struggled over that.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not actually what I was asking.

"Live" and "Life" has various uses in Scripture, for instance, Jesus said that eternal life is knowing God, and Jesus Christ. I suspect He didn't mean just knowing about God. But I also suspect Satan does not have the kind of life-giving relationship with God that His children do.

My question was more, why would we think that Satan was created durable in some way that does not require the "eternal life" relationship with God, yet retains a durability regardless that allows eternal suffering in the Lake of fire,

IF Satan were created that way, why would not Man have been created that way? Why one, and not the other?

Much love!

Maybe because One was made in Gods image and the other was not?

Reactions: marks