Ever have a supernatural experience?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ever have a supernatural experience?

• A. Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • B. No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My pastor recently said that in his life he is only sure that God spoke to him about 2 things - and that was after becoming a pastor. A friend of mine, a Catholic for 5 decades said he never experienced the Holy Spirit talking to him.

So, that got me wondering. How many here don't have a supernatural experience compared to those who do?

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The natural is pretty super too...but there is more.

The subject or comparison of supernatural experiences came up with regard to salvation. There is no such requirement. We are saved by faith. I personally can attest that I could have easily not met God's supernatural encounter with me with faith and passed the whole thing off as foolishness, perhaps something I ate. But I came to him full of questions...and he answered. I would certainly have been a fool not to believe it and take it serious.

As for clergy not experiencing God supernaturally...man that sounds like a lack of imagination--every day, every baby, every breath, is a miracle!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I sat down at a friend's dining room table as she walked out of view into the kitchen. On the table in front of me was a bible. I flipped it open and as I started reading, the words jumped up off the page in front of my eyes. Poof! I was instantly transported to another place.
I was outside, under a clear, star-filled, moonlit sky. About a hundred yards in front of me was the leading edge of a cloud bank. Riding on the clouds was an army on horseback. It stretched to the horizon. I saw that the riders were carrying weapons.
My gaze was directed to the front row of riders. I saw that they were carrying musical instruments. My gaze was directed to an individual rider and was then zoomed in. I saw it was me! Poof! I was back at the dining room table.
Within a second, my friend walked back into sight. I said, "Woah!" She said, "What's wrong?" In shock, I quickly described what had just happened. I think it scared her. We never talked about it again.
Years later, as I read, for the first time 1 Enoch 1:9, I realized that this was the vision I'd seen all those years before. Though I'd read Jude 14,15 many times, it was only when I read this in Enoch did I realize it was my experience. I've come to accept that the Lord did it this way to let me know that 1 Enoch was from Him.

Last edited:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Supernatural experiences are part of our every day life as believers in Christ because the Holy Spirit dwells within us. He is helping us to grow and teaching us daily how to be more like Jesus and less like our old man. He guides and directs our steps on a pathway that leads to holiness, righteousness and eternal life. He shows us things deep within our inner man that needs to be addressed but does it, oh so gently. He reveals things hidden in the darkness with his light. He strengthens us in times of hardship and blesses us with good things. He helps us to care about others and uses us in areas we could not possibly do without his leading and encouragement. He gifts us with the tools to help others in a supernatural way. So that others will also know that He is real and not just a story in an ancient, dusty old book.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Supernatural experiences are part of our every day life as believers in Christ because the Holy Spirit dwells within us. He is helping us to grow and teaching us daily how to be more like Jesus and less like our old man. He guides and directs our steps on a pathway that leads to holiness, righteousness and eternal life. He shows us things deep within our inner man that needs to be addressed but does it, oh so gently. He reveals things hidden in the darkness with his light. He strengthens us in times of hardship and blesses us with good things. He helps us to care about others and uses us in areas we could not possibly do without his leading and encouragement. He gifts us with the tools to help others in a supernatural way. So that others will also know that He is real and not just a story in an ancient, dusty old book.
Amen.

Definitely daily for me. Thank God for that. I love everything you said here, btw.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For man things may indeed be impossible, but what is impossible for God? We might call things supernatural, but what is anything to God? Are some things harder for Him than others?

"For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk?" Matt 9:5

Give God the glory!

Spkrdctr

Nov 27, 2021
CLEARWATER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! Certified miracles. I have been involved in three. That is why I do not waste ANY time discussing religion or proof that God exists to non-believers that are not interested in really learning. They usually want to justify their own disbelief. So people who say that Christianity is a hoax and crutch for people, I tell them "Too Late". I have seen miracles and God working in huge ways. The non-believing idiots have no idea what they are talking about. I am very firm on this subject, because when you are there for real miracles, it sticks with you. I am NOT talking about general run of the mill answered prayers. God is amazingly awesome and will do miracles for us. It is rare but it does happen. I can't say enough good things about MY GOD the God of the Bible. I also think sweet, nice Christians are cool!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Testimony

Growing up was like something out of a story book. I’ll get to times of suffering, but for the most part life was good. I was raised on a ranch with a wonderful, loving mother and father, a sister and two brothers, and friends. Although we had lots of chores and worked really hard compared to other kids, it was a good, healthy, and memorable time. After high school, as the nursery rhyme goes: “first came love, then came marriage, and kids in the baby carriage.” I worked a couple of tough jobs for about a decade and then went into business for myself. It was all very much the typical American dream.

Then, my business got broken into—three consecutive times!

The financial hardship caused the breakup of my marriage. I was separated from my children. Then, after dividing everything into two unequal halves in divorce, my half went down like a sinking ship. I ended up filing for bankruptcy, and lost it all.

Then came insult to injury. I had suffered no physically harm, it’s just that I was at the top of my game while all this was happening. I had even invented a few things. At a new job after the bankruptcy, I even won awards for things that had not been attempted before in the company's entire 30-year history. That year I increased sales in my territory from 600,000 to a $1,000,000, and received the president of the company’s top annual sales award. And yet, by a series of unfortunate events—that rug too was pulled out from under me. My best was good—very good, but it didn't seem to matter.

One night, after a long downward spiral, at the end of myself, I decided to have a little talk with God—that is, if there was a God. At the time, I wasn't sure. But I started talking to him anyway, and said, "This is the place where a person takes their own life—but I'm not going to do it! I'm not playing this game anymore! If you want my life God—take it, you can have it! Otherwise, I need answers. I need to know what life is all about, and what my part in it is. If it all just ends in failure upon failure--what's it all for? What’s the use? Otherwise, I’ve only got one thing left that hasn’t failed me: I'm going to go live in the woods...."

To my complete and utter surprise—He answered!

After having every other door slammed in my face, I finally knocked on the right door!

From lying there in bed, I instantly found myself in the air above the very spot (in the woods) where I had threatened to go, apparently, in the spirit. This sort of religious experience is not so easily defined. But for the sake of argument, let’s just say, the "me" that is usually at home in my body—had left the building!

Next, I found myself with my back up against a huge frozen wall covered with ice. Before me were masses of people as far as I could see, wave after wave, like looking out over the ocean, and they began to stir. In desperation I turned and began beating on the wall of ice with my fists. Chunks of ice came falling down and an enormous door opened up. Through the door I saw a narrow stairway going up into the clouds. At the top--was my father. Now, that may sound like the result of some kind of father issue, but we had no issues. Nothing like that.

Next, I found myself on the narrow stairway, and in through the doorway came babies--infants, wrapped in little white blankets. I reached out and took the first one and passed it up the stairway to my father’s open arms. I turned back and took another and did the same, again, and again, and again.

Sometime thereafter, I suddenly found myself back in the physical, back in my body. Startled, I shot straight up, not stopping until I was seated at the foot of my bed. Eventually I laid back down in awe and bewilderment and went to sleep.

The next morning I awoke refreshed, full of peace and joy. I couldn't stop thinking about my experience, and kept repeating it over and over again in my mind:

"A door was opened to me, and I helped deliver children to my father in the sky..."

"A door was opened to me, and I helped deliver children to my father in the sky!"

What could it all mean?

Suddenly, everything in my life changed. I had to change. I was changed...

My job had already changed, my relationship ended, and I moved.

I then went to live with my younger brother and his family temporarily and made plans for a career change. In the spare room where they put me up, I found a bible. I was drawn to it. I started reading and didn't stop. I went through it like a novel, cover to cover. As I did, I came to realize that whoever was behind this book--was also behind my experience. The author of the bible and the One who answered me, were One and the same. My experience confirmed the bible to be true, and the bible confirmed my experience to be from God. Although there were many points of confirmation, when I got to the part in the gospels about "our Father in heaven", I knew—this was my father in the sky!

Last edited: