Every Believer Must Do Good Works and Proclaim the Gospel, Some Are Called to Teach

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It is clear that he is drawing you, because I perceive your heart is more eager to do good than this old lady I've been contending with all day on here who refuses to understand that as believers we must all do good works after believing. Sadly, many have been deceived into the false teaching of not having to do good works, in which case they render their own faith null, making it dead and worthless, since they look upon someone in need and say, "I don't have to help him".
I agree. I just hope you're not calvinistic in nature.

I must say, though, that everyone is living under different circumstances, and everyone has had their own walk with God and we cannot put our standards on others.

God wants different things from different persons.
I'm good with the word "works", but I've come to understand that this is a very bad word for some even though the word is found in our Bible's. I like to use the word Deeds.

I very much believe that Jesus came to establish His kingdom.
Mathew 4:17

So if we want to live in the kingdom, we must follow the rules of the kingdom.
God will lead us and the Holy Spirit will help us.

Reactions: Helen

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not said anything against you brother. But You are not treaing Your sister right her calling her old lady. You also are called to love the brethern. But your goading them. If you love them you would try a little harder to teach and reach, without being condecending towards them/ You also would not talk to Christ like this. This is not of God. Jesus died for her and he died to set you free from what you are doing here. Please try a little harder at forging everyone.

There's nothing wrong with calling an older woman an old lady. Does the scripture not call older men elderly? Now you're just nit picking and trying to find fault wherever you can. Why am I being stern with her? Because she is saying that believers don't need to give to the poor or feed the hungry. It is she you should be rebuking, not me, for pointing our a serious error that contradicts the very purpose of why we were called as believers in Jesus Christ, to do good unto others.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what if I am poor myself?.

Do the poor not also give?

"Truly I tell you," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. (Luke 21:3 [NIV])

How much you give is not of importance, its how much you give in proportion to what you have.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Truly I tell you," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. (Luke 21:3 [NIV])

How much you give is not of importance, its how much you give in proportion to what you have.
then they are not poor

Reactions: Job

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Poor: lacking sufficient money to live at a standard considered comfortable or normal in a society.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. I just hope you're not calvinistic in nature.

I must say, though, that everyone is living under different circumstances, and everyone has had their own walk with God and we cannot put our standards on others.

God wants different things from different persons.
I'm good with the word "works", but I've come to understand that this is a very bad word for some even though the word is found in our Bible's. I like to use the word Deeds.

I very much believe that Jesus came to establish His kingdom.
Mathew 4:17

So if we want to live in the kingdom, we must follow the rules of the kingdom.
God will lead us and the Holy Spirit will help us.

Sweetheart, predestination is indeed a teaching of scripture. It is not something "Calvin" made up, for many people label this teaching and automatically reject it, not knowing that the scriptures plainly teach predestination, which one man happened to realize. I have a teaching concerning predestination here, Predestination, All Things are Determined by God, Even the Outcome of a Roll of a Dice | Wisdom of God .

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Actually, the NT teaches to give joyfully, not in proportion to what we have.

If I give a lot, but not joyfully, it is of no good value to God.
2 Corinthians 9:7

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, wake up, James 2:14 "What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?James 2:15 "If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food.
#1. destitute: without the basic necessities of life

#2. Poor: lacking sufficient money to live at a standard considered comfortable or normal in a society.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sweetheart, predestination is indeed a teaching of scripture. It is not something "Calvin" made up, for many people label this teaching and automatically reject it, not knowing that the scriptures plainly teach predestination, which one man happened to realize. I have a teaching concerning predestination here, Predestination, All Things are Determined by God, Even the Outcome of a Roll of a Dice | Wisdom of God .

Can you be any more sexist?

You refer to one woman as an old lady and another as sweetheart and it's all based on their avatars.

You really are a piece of work...

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That wasn't the question though, giving joyfully goes without saying for everyone, the question was how do the poor give, and I said, giving applies to everyone, poor or rich, because if a rich man gives a million dollars while having ten million dollars, and a poor man gives one dollar when he only has two dollars, the poor man gave more. Understand.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Am I your girlfriend?
Oh. You called me sweetheart...
So...

Could you please tell me who first thought up the idea of double predestination?
Perhaps tomorrow you could show me where the NT teaches this.?
It's midnight here right now...

I do agree that God is sovereign, of course.
But I'm a believer in free will. Not easily reconcilable, but it can be done .

I am not a believer in a God that sends persons to hell through no fault of their own.

Reactions: Ally.s.j and Helen

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you be any more sexist?

You refer to one woman as an old lady and another as sweetheart and it's all based on their avatars.

You really are a piece of work...

Now you're berating me for calling someone sweetheart? First because I call a woman an old lady, then because I call another woman sweetheart? In you is this saying true,

"'We played the pipe for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.' For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.' But wisdom is proved right by her deeds." (Matthew 11:17-19 [NIV])

You just want to find fault in anything I say, because you don't like what I am saying, that all believers must do good works, so you are grumbling,

These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage. (Jude 1:16 [NIV])

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am I your girlfriend?
Oh. You called me sweetheart...
So...

Could you please tell me who first thought up the idea of double predestination?
Perhaps tomorrow you could show me where the NT teaches this.?
It's midnight here right now...

I do agree that God is sovereign, of course.
But I'm a believer in free will. Not easily reconcilable, but it can be done .

I am not a believer in a God that sends persons to hell through no fault of their own.

I gave you the study. Read it, then we can discuss.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I hate to get back into this thread...I told myself that I wouldn't look at it again.
I just wanted to say that what I have made bold in your post above, is the only thing I see that differentiates between what Paul calls Good works, and dead works. So many times I have tried to explain about what I mean , about good-works and it being from out of the heart... but you said it better than me here...it is the JOY which accompanies it!
I guess that is what I meant between having a "must do"...hanging over us like- " You must practice your piano lessons" and the kid seeing further than just todays practice so he does it with joy knowing it makes his mother happy.
It was your word joy..that sealed it for me....thanks.

Reactions: pia

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
That wasn't the question though, giving joyfully goes without saying for everyone, the question was how do the poor give, and I said, giving applies to everyone, poor or rich, because if a rich man gives a million dollars while having ten million dollars, and a poor man gives one dollar when he only has two dollars, the poor man gave more. Understand.
I understand very well.
You said one should give in proportion to what they have.
You're getting me mixed up with another poster.