Every Believer Must Do Good Works and Proclaim the Gospel, Some Are Called to Teach

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I husband once heard from the Lord to send a roll of sealing tape to a missionary .. It seemed a very stupid thing to "hear" from the Lord!
Just wonderful ! This is to Gods Glory, whereas a lot of people within christian circles, seem more interested in what THEY are SEEN as doing..

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I hate to get back into this thread...I told myself that I wouldn't look at it again.
I just wanted to say that what I have made bold in your post above, is the only thing I see that differentiates between what Paul calls Good works, and dead works. So many times I have tried to explain about what I mean , about good-works and it being from out of the heart... but you said it better than me here...it is the JOY which accompanies it!
I guess that is what I meant between having a "must do"...hanging over us like- " You must practice your piano lessons" and the kid seeing further than just todays practice so he does it with joy knowing it makes his mother happy.
It was your word joy..that sealed it for me....thanks.
What we do we're to do with the heart.

I just hear too many say that we don't have to do anything because Jesus did it all....
This is not right.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I gave you the study. Read it, then we can discuss.
Are you a theologian?
Do the letters PhD appear after your name?

It's not necessary for me to read what you wrote.
Predestination is a doctrine right out of hell.
And I'm not one to speak of hell....

So before I say anything else,
Drop a couple of verses tomorrow morning and we'll go through them.

BTW, I did ask you WHO came up with double predestination and you did not reply,,or I missed it.

Reactions: Job and Helen

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a theologian?
Do the letters PhD appear after your name?

It's not necessary for me to read what you wrote.
Predestination is a doctrine right out of hell.
And I'm not one to speak of hell....

So before I say anything else,
Drop a couple of verses tomorrow morning and we'll go through them.

BTW, I did ask you WHO came up with double predestination and you did not reply,,or I missed it.

Predestination is a doctrine of hell?

And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. (Romans 8:30 [NIV])

For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. (Romans 8:29 [NIV])

God predestines. Its in the bible. Whoever teaches otherwise is deceived.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Predestination is a doctrine of hell?

And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. (Romans 8:30 [NIV])

For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. (Romans 8:29 [NIV])

God predestines. Its in the bible. Whoever teaches otherwise is deceived.
This is going to have to wait till tomorrow.

You chose a couple of the top.
For now...
Reread Romans 8:29
What were we predestined for?
We were predestined but for what??.

It's a hellish doctrine, yes.
Think of it.
If God predestined some for salvation...
What did He predestine the others for?
Hell. And based on what? Nothing but a whim.

Doesn't your Bible proclaim God to be a God of love?
Does that sound like a God of love to you?

Tomorrow.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did Jesus Christ not called men vipers and snakes? And Paul call men fools and whitewash walls? I say what I say out of righteous anger against you people, who call yourselves believers, but believe and teach lies because of your own wickedness, not only can you not accept the teaching that you must stop sinning completely, but you even refuse to want to do good unto others like giving to the poor and feeding the hungry! You are the reason why the gospel is discredited so terribly among the heathens, because all you do is sit on your asses and go to church, and DO NOTHING for people that are actually in need. You are the ones upon whom greater judgment will befall, you are they very examples of believers who are dead who have no love for others, you speak of of belief and love, but give none when it comes to actual actions. And whoever does do good and points out your error, you berate, because you hate others that are actually doing what is commanded by the Lord, because you yourselves don't! What foolish people you are.
Wow, I don't think I have come across anyone as yet on this forum who have come off like this post, as if you actually KNOW all these people and everything about them.......You speak of righteous anger against people on the forum, but sincerely......Have you even read any of the things people have posted???? How is you judging people this way in any way 'righteous' ? I have read rather harsh personal attacks on the forum before, but this kind of just sticks out worse...

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For now...

Think of it.

Tomorrow.

It's not a whim. He predestined the others that he may demonstrate his power and wrath, hence,

What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, (Romans 9:22 [ESV])

While those he did chose, that he may demonstrate forgiveness and mercy,

And what if he is willing to make known the wealth of his glory on the objects of mercy that he has prepared beforehand for glory— (Romans 9:23 [NETBIBLE])

For how else can God demonstrate that he forgives unless he appointed all men to be sinners?

For God has bound up all in disobedience, that He may show mercy to all. (Romans 11:32 [BLB])

Even so, the destruction of the wicked is not "eternal torment" as many churches teach, but cessation of existence. Those that are thrown into hell will be destroyed painfully, body and soul, and cease to exist.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you're berating me...

Yeah whatever...
default_025.gif

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

For now...

Think of it.

Tomorrow.

Well said sister! Preach it.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Ally.s.j ......You will no doubt find many things which will both surprise and sadden you on this forum, but one thing I would suggest is that you take just a little time to get to 'know' people a little better ( as much as one can know anyone by reading bits and pieces of their lives, knowledge and opinions ), and then perhaps offer up your advice.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 4
Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

Well this is wishful thinking on this site. The fact that there is a "debate forum" pretty much ensures this won't happen, adding insult to injury.

James 3
1 My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment.
2 For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.

There are many that might consider themselves teachers. I don't like to consider myself a teacher or a prophet........mainly because of the higher standard expected that comes with it.
:eek::eek::eek:

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On this site ??? lol, how about it seems like wishful thinking ALL throughout 'Christendom', which can literally make me cry buckets ( as this was in relation to Eph 4: 31-32 ) It is no wonder that the Glory of God is so rarely seen...

Well, I can say that Satan is on his job, but really, much of the blame rests with the body of believers themselves. Satan hasn't done anything different today that he didn't do from the start, which is whisper in the ear of God's image bearers. We just take what he whispers in our ear and run with it, forming entire "denominations", and cults and such, getting us to divide the body of Christ against itself. I think a big part of the problem is in how much Christians underestimate just how deceptive the enemy really is. You aren't going to out con the father of con men. Those who think they can't be conned just because they have the holy spirit are the most susceptible to fall for Satan's devices.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can you be any more sexist?

You refer to one woman as an old lady and another as sweetheart and it's all based on their avatars.

You really are a piece of work...

Please Job, you are just adding. With no love or concern. when he wrong he needs told in love. You wont gain him like that. We all fall short.

Reactions: pia and Job

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Now you're berating me for calling someone sweetheart? First because I call a woman an old lady, then because I call another woman sweetheart? In you is this saying true,

"'We played the pipe for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.' For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.' But wisdom is proved right by her deeds." (Matthew 11:17-19 [NIV])

You just want to find fault in anything I say, because you don't like what I am saying, that all believers must do good works, so you are grumbling,

These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage. (Jude 1:16 [NIV])
You are doing the same from the outset my friend. I see you want others to have what you have and understand. But You can only pass on the information. But you went from that to ridicule. I thought you started well enough. Please try and show more love as Christ would do.

Reactions: pia and Job

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I can say that Satan is on his job, but really, much of the blame rests with the body of believers themselves. Satan hasn't done anything different today that he didn't do from the start, which is whisper in the ear of God's image bearers. We just take what he whispers in our ear and run with it, forming entire "denominations", and cults and such, getting us to divide the body of Christ against itself. I think a big part of the problem is in how much Christians underestimate just how deceptive the enemy really is. You aren't going to out con the father of con men. Those who think they can't be conned just because they have the holy spirit are the most susceptible to fall for Satan's devices.
We have been mistaught in every denomination.

Reactions: pia