Every Experience the Brain Perceives is Unique

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks...I just read it.
I am annoyed to say that I know that now in my 70's I can tell that my brain is slower. Especially late afternoon and evenings. I can come on here in an evening and find long posts impossible to digest. This is very annoying and I'm not sure what to do to improve it...if indeed as your link shows, the brain can still learn things.
I used to read all the heavy classics when young...now I wonder why I keep them, just looking at the wears me out..let alone reading one again!!
At 90 my old dad could quote all the long poems he learned at school.
One being "The Tale Of The Ancient Mariner" 1834 Pages long!!
It is an ancient Mariner,
And he stoppeth one of three.
'By thy long grey beard and glittering eye,
Now wherefore stopp'st thou me?

The Bridegroom's doors are opened wide,
And I am next of kin;
The guests are met, the feast is set:
May'st hear the merry din.'

He holds him with his skinny hand,
'There was a ship,' quoth he.
'Hold off! unhand me, grey-beard loon!'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.

He holds him with his glittering eye—
The Wedding-Guest stood still,
And listens like a three years' child:
The Mariner hath his will
. ...and many many pages more!!!!:eek:

How could he do that? We have a video of him quoting the whole poem one Christmas. He only stumbled a couple of times.
He died with his brain as sharp as a school boy..
I just don't have it!! :oops:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
He died with his brain as sharp as a school boy..
I just don't have it!! :oops:
ya...we wrap our food in aluminum foil, or petroleum products, after stripping out all of the nutrition
and then wonder why we can't remember last week, imo
i got rid of all the aluminum in the kitchen about 5 years ago
still have to work to remember last week though! lol

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ya...we wrap our food in aluminum foil, or petroleum products, after stripping out all of the nutrition
and then wonder why we can't remember last week, imo
i got rid of all the aluminum in the kitchen about 5 years ago
still have to work to remember last week though! lol

Maybe this is off subject...but do you think our conscience is in our brain or our soul?
Did you live by your conscience before you were a believer..and how much is the conscience still in play today in the Christian?
This is my 'todays muse'.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Maybe this is off subject...but do you think our conscience is in our brain or our soul?
Did you live by your conscience before you were a believer..and how much is the conscience still in play today in the Christian?
This is my 'todays muse'.
good Qs, dunno! About as hard to define as "conscious," i guess; depends whom you ask?

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think off the top of my head...my conscience is the Inner True Self...
The pure and holy thought system of the Holy Spirit"s...that part in me that is not separate from the Father, God, the Infinite Intelligence, the Eternal One...called by many descriptions...the Creatior within us.
Is that the soul? I'd say so...is that my true self..as opposed to this ego identification?

I sure am not Miss Hepburn or female or human, nor old or young..
That, that looks out of my eyes and is Pure Awareness is me...soul...that goes on when this gray matter between these ears is dead and dust.

Soul=Pure Awareness=God = Conscience ...all held in me...my self that is not these atoms held together looking like a body.

:)

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Miss Hepburn Thanks for that. Why do we not listen to Him speaking to us before we even know Who He is? What is our conscience for if we keep ignoring it?
This has been bugging me all day.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Fill you in a Little to how deceiving the brain is. Ever taken a photo under fluorescent or tungsten lights, even led lights, without white balance the colors are always altered, leds are blue fluros can vary on type, streetlights generally yellow, but when you look at them with your eyes you dont see that color change because you brain adjust for it, without you thinking about it, your camera, with out white balance takes the photo as it really is, teh brain does a lot of this we are un aware of. Seems God teaches me little things in all i do.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Miss Hepburn Thanks for that. Why do we not listen to Him speaking to us before we even know Who He is? What is our conscience for if we keep ignoring it?
This has been bugging me all day.
Why do we ignore the good sense that our conscience whispers to us?
Can I say it that way, too?
Because it is a whisper...and we need practice honoring it?

How many times has your guardian angel said, Take your umbrella today.
And we don't and it rains...before we take it?
That egoic mind is very strong and it takes practice to only trust God.

I lost something and my sister wanted me to use logic to trace back my steps...
I thought, "Boy, that's sure not how I work'...how I function is..."Lord, would You take care of this for me.." Then, sit back ..go on with my day..HE will pop a thought in my head to look under what newspaper to find it.
But, to think this way took deliberate desire and effort for yrs to do exactly what Jesus said...Give him my burdens...Ask and receive.

Trust and the desire* to let God do the driving is why I think people don't listen to their conscience...the small inner voice within.

Or I could have not written the above and said..Why? Stupidity. Lol Hahaha:D

*the lack of

Last edited:

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe our conscience is a God-given gift within our spirits to help us know right from wrong. It's something we're born with, and it's a nugget deposited by our Creator within ourselves. It's God's way of giving us our own free will, yet slightly tipping the balance in our favor so that we at least have a chance to succeed. Romans 12:3 teaches that God has given everyone a measure of faith. Everyone has a chance to do right and believe upon Him.

But then I believe when we come to Christ, his Holy Spirit dwells within us, and our God-given conscience is exponentially enhanced by the conviction and communion that comes with the Holy Spirit. Now not only can we refer to that deposit called our conscience, but we can actually be actively led by the Spirit of God within us Who leads us into all truth.

Reactions: Helen