Everybody has Demons, YES!!! even Christians!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
itreally does not say what it was.. i dont see it as health i see it more of the opposition he had in the ministry. even though he knew very well what was ahead of him. there had to be lonely times being in jail. horse whipped stoned lied about . imo paul was a tough man but also man of feelings.

A man for others.

No it doesn’t say what it was. I’ve heard it was the false teachers coming in. False light. Haven’t read it lately to see if it fits the context. But surely this messenger of Satan poked and prodded at something still in Paul that needed Christ as why would God’s response be “My Grace is sufficient.” Meaning “you are not sufficient Paul. I am.” False teachers teaching lies. False prophets. False angels of light. An Evil spirit sent to torment. Would they all not be of the same ...sent for the destruction of the flesh. To keep Paul submissive to the Spirit of God as his only source of strength. Paul had to be given active faith in watching what was being set in place ...wolves coming in to devour the sheep in drawing those he considered children away. Been thinking a lot on the command to not steal. Jeremiah 23:28-31 The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the Lord. [29] Is not my word like as a fire? saith the Lord ; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? [30] Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, saith the Lord, that steal my words every one from his neighbour. [31] Behold, I am against the prophets, saith the Lord, that use their tongues, and say, He saith.

Paul spoke the word faithfully.

Reactions: Nancy

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians cannot be demon possessed but as devils walk this earth seeking bodies to inhabit -- normally the people who show evidence of the demon's specialty, such as the unclean and evil spirits of sexual immorality, the lying spirit of accusations and lies, and the spirit of infirmity for those who are sick -- and find such a vulnerable believer, that demon could be welcomed easily without the believer knowing it because he/she already has its personality. This is called demonization, not possession. Demons need to be renounced and rebuked for them to come out.

Derek Prince used to hold classes at convention centers for the expelling of devils from people who were being demonized. As the attendee walked into the auditorium, he/she was handed a lunch bag which was used to vomit into as the devil came out. I went to several of these meetings. Devils came out with loud screams and other noises, and the person was changed immediately into a different person.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Nancy You should be ashamed of yourself...are you really are Christian :D

My dad started reading them (7 books) to us at about age 7 . I read it to my kids, my kids read it to my grandkids... There are so many 'types, shadows , and biblical symbols in those book.
I remember the vivid picture of Aslan the Lion being killed on the stone slab.
I was sobbing...my dad said to me, what does all this mean? I said "That is Jesus being killed on the cross".
No one had to tell the 7 year old...I just knew...
Just think, you could have read them when you were on crutches, not unable to walk for all those months :oops: Sigh.

But it's not to late. The movies made from it do not do the books justice.
Im sure you could pick them up second hand. I often read them as an adult. After my dads morning studies , he too could be seen in his 80's 90's with one of the books in his hand. His favourite was The Horse and His Boy.
Mine is - " The Lion,The Witch and The Wardrobe" And "The Last Battle."

Maybe I will dig them out again....it's been a while. :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hahaha...well, I am embarrassed :oops: to say that I have never read that. But I have an awesome song about it :

Hi Helen! I really hope you listened to this...it starts out at the very beginning fast but then slows WAY down...it's a beautiful song sung by IMHO-the most anointed worshipers of God through music. And, their harmonies are out of this world! Could have something to do with the fact they are siblings...with a way cool testimony.
Have you never heard them? That was kind of back when you and Dave came to the Lord.

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your dad read to you?
I can not imagine that ...different family lives. I missed out on a lot. We won't talk about it.
But, I know it was all perfect.

Yes, my dad reading to us was well...totally nonexistent. My sweet mom was bogged down with 7 high strung kids all very close in age so, she just did not have the time or the strength. I know my father did the best he knew with what he had to work with back then...he was not a happy man, by any means. But he finally did become a believer before he died ♥

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya know...try the first book...you will be carried away. Easy reading, short, magical. :)

I actually have read Mere Christianity, at least twice. It is very close to John Stots "Basic Christianity" but...C.S. just has a way!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hope in God I like Derek Prince.:)

May I say my 2 cents?
When I or a person can recognize the subtlest technique of the devil, the enemy, the ego by whatever name...
then you have him by the short hairs.
Because the obvious things are so obvious, "I want to kill that guy."
"They won't miss this stapler, I deserve it." Obvious. Ha! :p

The devil, demons are not depicted as slithering snakes for no reason...thy trick and connive and lie.
"Oh, one more glass of beer with guys will be alright." Yeah, right.
"Oh, I don't have to get that work done til Thurs." Yeah, right.
" Oh, I can jug off that third helping of stuffing." Yeah, right.

If you can recognize and pick off these small targets...the big ones are easy-peasy.! ;)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Nancy @Miss Hepburn

Yes my dad gathered us around him after what the English call 'tea' = (bread, jam , cake and a cup of tea. )

He read to us every single night by the fire. We would argue about which one of us would sit on his lap. He covered the gamut.. later as we ages got into reading us Jane Austin and Dickens etc. I was not the youngest...so even when I was 12 , he was still reading to my younger brothers.. :)
He was wonderful reader...he used all the voices.

My mum never read us stories ...but I remember I was a sickly kid, so if ever I was home sick she would make up the most wonderful stories.

So when he had our own kids I just did the same...I remember Dave reading the Narnia for them books one night ..can't remember why I wasnt, ...and the girls stopped him and said - " No, that is not the right voice, he doesn't talk like That!! " :D

We did not have TV , maybe your parent did?
I think it has killed 'family time'. :(

As we grew even older...we did used to gather around the radio in the evenings.
But Dave and I were married almost 20 years before we got a TV.
Long after our kids were young adults.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I actually have read Mere Christianity, at least twice. It is very close to John Stots "Basic Christianity" but...C.S. just has a way!

Once was enough for me.

I could get on at all with his " Surprised by Joy" at all.
I found it really hard going.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once was enough for me.

I could get on at all with his " Surprised by Joy" at all.
I found it really hard going.

Now THAT one I did not care for much. If I can remember right, it was more of the story of his life? Nah, not for me either, lol. BUT...his other writings? I loved them.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy @Miss Hepburn

Yes my dad gathered us around him after what the English call 'tea' = (bread, jam , cake and a cup of tea. )

He read to us every single night by the fire. We would argue about which one of us would sit on his lap. He covered the gamut.. later as we ages got into reading us Jane Austin and Dickens etc. I was not the youngest...so even when I was 12 , he was still reading to my younger brothers.. :)
He was wonderful reader...he used all the voices.

My mum never read us stories ...but I remember I was a sickly kid, so if ever I was home sick she would make up the most wonderful stories.

So when he had our own kids I just did the same...I remember Dave reading the Narnia for them books one night ..can't remember why I wasnt, ...and the girls stopped him and said - " No, that is not the right voice, he doesn't talk like That!! " :D

We did not have TV , maybe your parent did?
I think it has killed 'family time'. :(

As we grew even older...we did used to gather around the radio in the evenings.
But Dave and I were married almost 20 years before we got a TV.
Long after our kids were young adults.

I had to be around 6 ish by the time my dad could afford a small black and white...I did LOVE the cartoons, even though they were black and white, lol. Not sure when we moved up and got a colored one but by then, I think my interests were elsewhere :)

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1Corinth 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
the Body of Christ is so heavily divided its lop sided. i was listening to a talk show on immigration .2 different pastors one it was all trump fault the other trump is right . its in our pulpits

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
the Body of Christ is so heavily divided its lop sided. i was listening to a talk show on immigration .2 different pastors one it was all trump fault the other trump is right . its in our pulpits

Not so! the body of Christ can never be divided, it is impenetrable. the division is amongst the so called Christians on here. As 4 me i'm following the bible, all dat I've said on here is biblical and know one on here has proven otherwise, all they've done is given conjecture, not based upon scripture.