Everyone everywhere

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you noticed, and I know you have, that everyone everywhere seems to be in some terrible fix. Some brow wrinkling affliction that strains to the max. Every member of my original childhood home is in some dire strait. Jimmy, my DAV brother nearest me In age has only 40% kidney function. Judy my only sister has a debilitating form of arthritis that twists her fingers and steel pins have been surgically implanted in her toes, feet and hands. Gene my youngest brother is a 100% DAV with multiple afflictions and having had 11 surgeries. He takes 18-20 meds daily to stay alive. I have my own set of afflictions which I won't go into here.

Everywhere I look I see pain, affliction, addiction, hardship, lack among both Christians and unbelievers. Thank God we have the Lord to look to. Amen

A few months ago some folks came out to buy some custom lawn chairs I built and they are a wonderful young Christian couple. Danny and Arellia Williams of Conway, Arkansas. Their two young children, Piper a beautiful 5 year old vivacious little girl and a fine little boy, Lincoln, about three.

I friended them on FB and soon saw posts that little Piper has a rare form of cancer and she has recently had surgery and is now beginning chemo at Arkansas Children's Hospital. Her first chemo was yesterday.

SmartSelectImage_2018-01-14-23-12-10-506x739.png

SmartSelectImage_2018-02-02-00-00-32-386x320.png

I know that everything is for a reason and I pray the Lord hear my prayers for Piper and her strained to the max parents, Arellia and Danny Williams. Once you give your life to Jesus NOTHING that ever happens to you is anything but another divine step in your journey.

In your day to day life pay close attention to the smallest details. The most insignificant things. So often these are harbingers, clues, signals that we must pause and consider things. Not as a matter of fear or dawdling but like listening for a sound in the forest while hunting game. Interruptions are divine instructions is a little axiom I glommed into several decades ago. When that interruption comes our question must not be "why Lord"? That question must be "what Lord"? An interruption is to get our attention.

Being Frank the senior, I have begun to get rid of items I no longer need or use. In the process of five or so transactions every single buyer has been a Christian an as far as I know all were filled with the Holy Spirit! Everyone that came to our rural place to buy something I was selling I was able to pray with. Does God direct the steps of good men or not? It was more a thrill to learn all of my visitors were believers than it was to sell something to meet our needs.

When I stop and look around from what I'm focused on I often see, or am made aware of another or others in need of prayers and/or ministry.

When younger I thought of going to far off places as a missionary or to help drill wells or some type work that would help those in need. But as I've aged in years I really learned that;

Wisdom is in the presence of the one who has understanding, But the eyes of a fool are on the ends of the earth.
Proverbs 17:24 NASB

We don't have to go to Africa or South America or another distant land to enter into God's harvest fields. They're around us wherever we live. The stranger at the market or the neighbor down the street.

Everywhere there are needs and every Christian needs both ministry and to minister. If we don't need help right now then we probably will before long. It's just the way life is here on this place God has planted us.

When the Williams family came out that night a few months ago none of us had any idea that in a short time our lives were going to be changed. Especially theirs. That little Piper was going to be fighting for her very life and that their lives were going to be forever changed.

Below is an excerpt from a post Piper's mom made today;

Last night, I prayed over her as she started chemo, because I know how harsh it is. I know it’s killing bad and good cells. They administer it fully covered and wearing gloves and masks. (Thankfully, I was fully forewarned about that by a friend, so it was expected). However, for someone who avoids even using Tylenol most the time, this is all a hard adjustment.

So, today, I haven’t been as confident as I have been or want to be. It feels like I really have to dig deep to pull myself to Him (or is He fighting for me to pull me to Him ?) and push away doubts and fears and complacency even.

I tried to work but couldn’t get much in between cries for momma and doctors/social workers coming to get things established.

I am also praying that these parents be filled with the Holy Spirit. They need the power and anointing for their lives and for their children.

End of quoted post;

Philippians 2:4 KJVS
Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

I know that God will move some to pray for this family and that's good. I just wanted to say be on the lookout for those divine interruptions. They come where least expect them and are always significant.

My son, observe the commandment of your father And do not forsake the teaching of your mother; Bind them continually on your heart; Tie them around your neck. When you walk about, they will guide you; When you sleep, they will watch over you; And when you awake, they will talk to you. For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching is light; And reproofs for discipline are the

Last edited:

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i just read your first 3 sentences and yes, I do...so many in some fix or mess or trauma..
It's just what it is...and my place ? Be a rock...a light...solid ground.

Reactions: Frank Lee