Everyone is in on the Action

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So what about the Tabernacle being set up during Sukkot? Would you think that would be possible?
The days of the tabernacle on earth are over. So that will not happen. As long as Israel was in the wilderness the tabernacle was necessary. Later on the Ark of the Covenant was taken to Heaven. And now the true Tabernacle is in Heaven. See the epistle to the Hebrews.

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The days of the tabernacle on earth are over. So that will not happen. As long as Israel was in the wilderness the tabernacle was necessary. Later on the Ark of the Covenant was taken to Heaven. And now the true Tabernacle is in Heaven. See the epistle to the Hebrews.

Do better.
Chapter and Verse.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Think about what happened to most of the Apostles and how much Christian's have suffered under Nero etc etc etc in giving their lives.

More martyrs have died for the Faith in the last century than in all the years before it..

Martyrs of Owo,
Pray for us!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God confirms in His Word that we are to look unto Jesus, in Whom all of His promises are yes and amen.

Nowhere does God confirm in His Word that we are to "keep our eyes on Israel and watch prophesy being fulfilled".
:rolleyes: I look to Jesus....I look at current events as well. Jesus said to look for these signs.........ummmm....Jesus also said when you see the abomination of desolation as spoken in Daniel...
“When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
— Matthew 24:15 (KJV)

Do you just look at Jesus or do you also do what he says...Be ye not just hearers of the Word, but doers also.:My2c:

Reactions: TLHKAJ

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:rolleyes: I look to Jesus....I look at current events as well. Jesus said to look for these signs.........ummmm....Jesus also said when you see the abomination of desolation as spoken in Daniel...
“When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
— Matthew 24:15 (KJV)

Do you just look at Jesus or do you also do what he says...Be ye not just hearers of the Word, but doers also.:My2c:

Jesus was speaking to Peter, James, John, and Andrew, who were His audience in the Olivet discourse (Mark 13:3). They were the "you" and "ye" in the verses.

Parallel verse Luke 21:20 in the Luke 21 parallel chapter to Matthew 24 tells us who the abomination of desolation was:
"And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh."

It was the Roman armies advancing on Jerusalem in 66 AD.

In Matthew 24:16 and Luke 21:21, Jesus admonished them to flee when they witnessed that event.

They did, and their lives were spared.

Reactions: Brakelite

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was speaking to Peter, James, John, and Andrew, who were His audience in the Olivet discourse (Mark 13:3). They were the "you" and "ye" in the verses.

Parallel verse Luke 21:20 in the Luke 21 parallel chapter to Matthew 24 tells us who the abomination of desolation was:
"And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh."

It was the Roman armies advancing on Jerusalem in 66 AD.

In Matthew 24:16 and Luke 21:21, Jesus admonished them to flee when they witnessed that event.

They did, and their lives were spared.
You make me laugh. Well by your reasoning, anything that was said by anyone in the Bible was for that audience only. :IDK::r.u.n::Happy::smlhmm:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, so there were two Holy Places during the time of construction of the Temple.
Just pointing out the inconstant arguments of these posts.
No there wasn't. The Tabernacle was used up and until the Temple was complete.
But then there could have been 10 Tabernacles scattered everywhere for people to come and pray. In either case show your source showing there were two Holy Places during the time of construction of the Temple.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, so there were two Holy Places during the time of construction of the Temple.
Just pointing out the inconstant arguments of these posts.
Here are the scriptures referring to the Tabernacle and the Temple.
2 Chronicles 5 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ Thus all the work that Solomon made for the house of the LORD was finished: and Solomon brought in all the things that David his father had dedicated; and the silver, and the gold, and all the instruments, put he among the treasures of the house of God.
² Then Solomon assembled the elders of Israel, and all the heads of the tribes, the chief of the fathers of the children of Israel, unto Jerusalem, to bring up the ark of the covenant of the LORD out of the city of David, which is Zion.
³ Wherefore all the men of Israel assembled themselves unto the king in the feast which was in the seventh month.
And all the elders of Israel came; and the Levites took up the ark.
⁵ And they brought up the ark, and the tabernacle of the congregation, and all the holy vessels that were in the tabernacle, these did the priests and the Levites bring up.

⁶ Also king Solomon, and all the congregation of Israel that were assembled unto him before the ark, sacrificed sheep and oxen, which could not be told nor numbered for multitude.
And the priests brought in the ark of the covenant of the LORD unto his place, to the oracle of the house, into the most holy place, even under the wings of the cherubims:
⁸ For the cherubims spread forth their wings over the place of the ark, and the cherubims covered the ark and the staves thereof above.
⁹ And they drew out the staves of the ark, that the ends of the staves were seen from the ark before the oracle; but they were not seen without. And there it is unto this day.

¹⁰ There was nothing in the ark save the two tables which Moses put therein at Horeb, when the LORD made a covenant with the children of Israel, when they came out of Egypt.
¹¹ And it came to pass, when the priests were come out of the holy place: (for all the priests that were present were sanctified, and did not then wait by course:
¹² Also the Levites which were the singers, all of them of Asaph, of Heman, of Jeduthun, with their sons and their brethren, being arrayed in white linen, having cymbals and psalteries and harps, stood at the east end of the altar, and with them an hundred and twenty priests sounding with trumpets.
¹³ It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the LORD; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of musick, and praised the LORD, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the LORD;
¹⁴ So that the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of God.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@David Boyer , there couldn't have been two Holy Places at the same time because the Ark of the Covenant, for one had to be in place.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't know how many times I have to say this....in Israel, Judaism is the main religion that is followed by most Jews. Judaism does not, has not, and will not accept Jesus as the Messiah. They are still waiting for this prophesy to be fulfilled.
An excerpt from an article The Jewish Concept of Messiah and the Jewish Response to Christian Claims

one as The Messiah. The above is the only description in the Bible of a Davidic descendant who is to come in the future. We will recognize the Messiah by seeing who the King of Israel is at the time of complete universal perfection.The Bible never speaks about believing in the Messiah. Because his reign will be an historically verifiable reality, self-evident to any person, it won’t require belief or faith.Because no person has ever fulfilled the picture painted in the Bible of this future King, Jewish people still await the coming of the Messiah. All past Messianic claimants, including Jesus of Nazareth, Bar Cochba and Shabbtai Tzvi have been rejected.

Therefore, according to Jewish Law and Prophesy about the Messiah they have to REBUILD THE TEMPLE!!!
Why would anyone disagree with this? They believe they have to rebuild the temple. I have no doubts about that. Whether they will or not however is irrelevant to scripture, and irrelevant to God. God has his temple, His temple is us. He also has a temple in heaven wherein Christ serves the Father as High Priest. Anything the Jews build can never be of God, as Paul said it must be. A future physical temple will be a desecration and a blasphemy against Christ. Therefore when Paul said that the Antichrist will sit in the temple of God, he was talking about the church.

Reactions: covenantee

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Tabernacle was built because God instructed Moses to build it and they were to carry it with them until they reached the promise land. Then King Solomon was instructed by God to build the Holy Temple as a permanent structure because they had reached their destination.
Yes. And the reason for the building of the Tabernacle was so God could "tabernacle" with His people. "Let them make Me Sanctuary, that I may dwell with them". That sanctuary is now you. And the church at large, if indeed Christ is in you, the hope of glory. KJV Romans 8:9-10
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
The temple of God is His people. Israel is not the center of prophecy. The beasts of Revelation 13 are the union of church and state, Papal Rome and an American version thereof, the image, involving an apostate protestant movement now under way called Christian dominionism.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You make me laugh. Well by your reasoning, anything that was said by anyone in the Bible was for that audience only. :IDK::r.u.n::Happy::smlhmm:
The Judean Christians had the last laugh. They heeded Jesus' warnings, fled, and survived.

Thankfully, they weren't dispensational futurists.

When the writer of Hebrews says to look unto Jesus, I guess I shouldn't.

Because you think that I think that the audience is only the Hebrews.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you keep arguing with me about it then? I mean for real...I ain't saying all that just from the top of my head. I have been keeping up with what they are doing in Israel because of what Jesus said to His disciples when they asked Him when will the end come.
Matthew 24 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³ And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
⁴ And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
⁵ For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
⁶ And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
⁷ For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
⁸ All these are the beginning of sorrows.
⁹ Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
¹⁰ And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
¹¹ And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
¹² And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
¹³ But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
¹⁴ And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
¹⁵ When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

So the abomination of desolation occurs in the Holy Place of the Temple...

What does Matthew 24:15 mean? | BibleRef.com

"Matthew 24:15–28 begins with a warning to all in Jerusalem to flee to the mountains when the abomination that will bring desolation to the temple stands in the holy place. This will be a terrible time, especially for those who are particularly vulnerable. That tribulation will be worse than anything ever, though another tribulation will come right before Jesus' return. It will be cut short to save some of humanity and for the sake of the elect, all those who truly believe in Christ. When He returns, everyone will know"

Am I saying anything contrary to His Word?
I have never said I/we are not the temple of the Holy Spirit...
I have never claimed that I/we are not the church.
I am simply saying for the prophesies that are happening now or about to happen that God told me to keep my eyes on Israel...He also told me not to worry about what I see or hear just keep my eyes on Him and to fear not.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Judean Christians had the last laugh. They heeded Jesus' warnings, fled, and survived.

Thankfully, they weren't dispensational futurists.

When the writer of Hebrews says to look unto Jesus, I guess I shouldn't.

Because you think that I think that the audience is only the Hebrews.
You have twisted my post and made it into what you want it to say.
Did you or did you not say this...

"Jesus was speaking to Peter, James, John, and Andrew, who were His audience in the Olivet discourse (Mark 13:3). They were the "you" and "ye" in the verses."

So when I said He also told us to watch for these signs to know the end is near and you gave me the reply above I took you to say He was speaking to His disciples. (And yes, He was) So readers who read this are not to take it personally?

That's why I said according to your reasoning when Jesus is talking to someone it was for them to know...in so many words.
And you reply with this current reply? SMH......

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why do you keep arguing with me about it then? I mean for real...I ain't saying all that just from the top of my head. I have been keeping up with what they are doing in Israel because of what Jesus said to His disciples when they asked Him when will the end come.
Matthew 24 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³ And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
⁵ For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
⁶ And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
⁷ For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
⁸ All these are the beginning of sorrows.
⁹ Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
¹⁰ And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
¹¹ And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
¹² And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
¹³ But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
¹⁴ And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
¹⁵ When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

So the abomination of desolation occurs in the Holy Place of the Temple...

What does Matthew 24:15 mean? | BibleRef.com

"Matthew 24:15–28 begins with a warning to all in Jerusalem to flee to the mountains when the abomination that will bring desolation to the temple stands in the holy place. This will be a terrible time, especially for those who are particularly vulnerable. That tribulation will be worse than anything ever, though another tribulation will come right before Jesus' return. It will be cut short to save some of humanity and for the sake of the elect, all those who truly believe in Christ. When He returns, everyone will know"

Am I saying anything contrary to His Word?
I have never said I/we are not the temple of the Holy Spirit...
I have never claimed that I/we are not the church.
I am simply saying for the prophesies that are happening now or about to happen that God told me to keep my eyes on Israel...He also told me not to worry about what I see or hear just keep my eyes on Him and to fear not.

Matthew 24
³ And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately...

Who are "them" and "you" in Matthew 24:4?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All those post-trib people who get to be beheaded to avoid the mark. The only protection is beheading. Hope it is fast and not too painful.
So who are these folk...
KJV 1 Thessalonians 4:15
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep .
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
When does this take place?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24
³ And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately...

Who are "them" and "you" in Matthew 24:4?
You are not serious....how does this Scripture apply to the topic of the temple?

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All those post-trib people who get to be beheaded to avoid the mark. The only protection is beheading. Hope it is fast and not too painful.

Rev 13:10 would refute your idea that the only way through the Tribulation is by beheading.