Everything happens by God's will

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

elysian

Oct 9, 2011
This may frighten the proud, but it gives hope and comfort to the humble.

Why is that so? Well, let's discuss.

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
I will have to disagree most strongly! We live in a fallen world. Everything will happen that is God's will eventually, but not yet. We would not even have to strive for any good at all if all was God's will. We still have murderers and demonic s and if we know God this is not his will. This is not a Christian teaching!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is sovereign. He allows the consequences of people's sin to occur for a time. His plan for salvation through justification and sanctification will triumph.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
I would have to disagree because man-kind has a will of it's own which is often against God's will. Rape, stealing, fornication, adultery, murder, gossip, pride are all against God's will, and yet it runs rampant in the Earth.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I will have to disagree most strongly! We live in a fallen world. Everything will happen that is God's will eventually, but not yet. We would not even have to strive for any good at all if all was God's will. We still have murderers and demonic s and if we know God this is not his will. This is not a Christian teaching!

Amen! Many countless things happen that are not God's will, but Satan's and our own.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
That is why I suggested to change the word "will" (which carries with it a denotation of active participation) to "degree" which points to the passive voice, whereby Creation is obeying God's utlimate Plan for the universe while not implicitly laying the cause and maintenance of sin at God's feet.

elysian

Oct 9, 2011
We may have will, even the demons have will. But these 'wills' are always in conformity with God's will.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I personally know one person who knew 30 years ago that God had a calling on their life.

He chose not to fulfill it and instead spent those 30 years in the wilderness of destructive behavior, personal loss, and pain.

Today he has come back fully to Christ. He is working to fulfill the calling God revealed to him 30 years ago.

While God KNEW the man was going to do this, I have a difficult time thinking that the sin and the damage of that sin, both to him and those he hurt, was "God's will."

But I could easily be wrong.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
I personally know one person who knew 30 years ago that God had a calling on their life.

He chose not to fulfill it and instead spent those 30 years in the wilderness of destructive behavior, personal loss, and pain.

Today he has come back fully to Christ. He is working to fulfill the calling God revealed to him 30 years ago.

While God KNEW the man was going to do this, I have a difficult time thinking that the sin, the damage of that sin, both to him and those he hurt, was "God's will."

Perhaps you (and they) have not stopped to think that in order for that calling to be fulfilled he needed to go through those trials and testing in order for the metal of his heart to be properly tempered for the Hammer of The Lord to bend his will ultimately to the calling.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
Perhaps you (and they) have not stopped to think that in order for that calling to be fulfilled he needed to go through those trials and testing in order for the metal of his heart to be properly tempered for the Hammer of The Lord to bend his will ultimately to the calling.
Hammer ???

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would have to disagree because man-kind has a will of it's own which is often against God's will. Rape, stealing, fornication, adultery, murder, gossip, pride are all against God's will, and yet it runs rampant in the Earth.

Which God allows for a time. I think of us as part of the story of God's forgiveness and redemption of humanity. Personal choice exists on the micro-level, but on the macro-level God is in control. Like fish in an aquarium....it may matter to the fish which way it swims in the moment, but at the macro-level, the fish is contained by his environment and his movements are repeated over and over again. We think of fish as limited because they live by a basic nervous system, but we are just as blind to God because we cannot know the future.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The will of God is supreme, and He allows everything to happen, yet being a Holy God there are those who are in conflict with His perfect will. We as created beings are not immediately destroyed for this conflict. The decision or question then becomes; when against God's will are we there by our choice or His, or is it possible to be outside God's will?

Now surely on the basis of holiness and goodness we can assert certain things about His nature, and this can be a guide as to what the will of God is. The Holy Bible being the best source for information about God. The life of His Son represents the example humans should strive for and not against, yet we, as humans, killed Him instead of exulting Him. Again though, wasn't that just another part of His plan.

God is sovereign over ALL THINGS and nothing is out of His control. The plan God has includes all that was created by Him. It is only by the HolySpirit congruency with His nature and will occurs
I would reword that to Everything happens by God's decree.

Here I can agree as we are active participants in our growing process to become more Christlike, otherwise why would the apostles preach repentance of sin?