Evolution vs. God ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You're turning this into a pissing contest and I don't want to play. My views on evolution will never change and it appears yours won't either.
tbh i truly have none. i post those merely as rebuts, i don't necessarily agree with them. but that doesn't mean that they don't contain some truth either.

how do you know? i wish i could be so sure.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That is about one of the stupidist statements I have ever heard.

Stranger
then i suggest that you are not hearing what i meant, as you might surely agree that if it turns out Adam and Eve had navels just like everyone else and yet actually were formed of "the dust of the earth" as the Book says, and not quite like you imagine maybe, then you might be surprised, but i doubt it would cause you to lose faith.

Now, what might happen to one's faith when they understand that Jesus is not coming back next month to save them literally, as countless other seekers have had to discover before them, different story

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tbh i truly have none. i post those merely as rebuts, i don't necessarily agree with them. but that doesn't mean that they don't contain some truth either.

The best lies are the ones that contain a mixture of truth.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
"what i see right in front of me is what can only be happening across every timescale, and i don't get genetics so they don't count."

dogs and cats do not mate and cannot procreate - twinc

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm comfortable staying with "i don't know."

I'm not like that. I need to know. If it wasn't in such opposition to the Word of God, I probably wouldn't care one way or the other.

m

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then i suggest that you are not hearing what i meant, as you might surely agree that if it turns out Adam and Eve had navels just like everyone else and yet actually were formed of "the dust of the earth" as the Book says, and not quite like you imagine maybe, then you might be surprised, but i doubt it would cause you to lose faith.

Now, what might happen to one's faith when they understand that Jesus is not coming back next month to save them literally, as countless other seekers have had to discover before them, different story

Hey...I already believed that was what you believed. I just couldn't believe you said it. So, no matter what, don't let the truth get in the way of your faith.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If it wasn't in such opposition to the Word of God
so you say, but who can say they know the mind of God? You cannot prove that your interpretation of 'dust of the earth' is any better than mine. or someone else's. Whatever happens in nature must be considered of God, and if those 3 animals i've now forgotten--foxes and whatnot--did have a common ancestor, how do you address that?

i'd say be careful what you know ok, it is easy to find yourself in opposition to God without meaning to. You do not know. No one knows

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Via the bible see [God created man]

k
we imagine that to have been like an instantaneous event, bada-bing, when we accept that God created the universe, everything known to us (currently <5%) in billions of years. Then alla sudden God like wiggles His Nose or whatever and makes Adam and Eve. Arg

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hey...I already believed that was what you believed. I just couldn't believe you said it. So, no matter what, don't let the truth get in the way of your faith.

Stranger
it reflects that we are not qualified to determine what truth is, as is made clear when you cannot state a single undisputed doctrine from Scripture