Exactly one year from today - 11 April - The Great Tribulation begins!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Basically 2012 is NOT the end of the World, but I ensure you that a major event will take place in 2012, one year from now...

Barack Obama (The Antichrist) will sit in the Temple of God (could be a tent-like structure, NOT the 3rd temple) and declare to be God. Now then this will be on 11 April 2012.

(The Rapture will take place sometime before that day - meaning sometime in the next 12 months!)

The 1260 day (42 month / 3.5 year) Great Tribulation begins on that very day (11 April 2012) and Jesus Christ, the Lord of Lords, and the King of Kings comes back to earth at the Battle of Armageddon on 23 September 2015.

This is no speculation! This is divinely confirmed!

GET READY ! STAY READY!

Websites that perhaps provide more explanation:

http://www.thefinal7...areherenow.com/

http://www.signsofth...chart.webs.com/

Here we go with a messge from another self-styled prophet who knows more than Christ Himself.

What's wrong with the statement? If we knew when the seven year tribulation began, then we'd know when it ended and therefore when Christ was to return.

Well we don't. We won't. Jesus said He didn't know when he'd return. If we presume to know when the tribulation begins then we are also saying we know when it will end and when Jesus will return. No man knows.

Rubbish.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Here we go with a messge from another self-styled prophet who knows more than Christ Himself.

What's wrong with the statement? If we knew when the seven year tribulation began, then we'd know when it ended and therefore when Christ was to return.

Well we don't. We won't. Jesus said He didn't know when he'd return. If we presume to know when the tribulation begins then we are also saying we know when it will end and when Jesus will return. No man knows.

Rubbish.

I would even like to know what scripture or scriptures does he believe says or support that the tribulation will last for seven years? Because in Revelation part of the Church will be protected for three and a half years.

Revelation 12:14 (ASV)
[sup]14 [/sup]And there were given to the woman the two wings of the great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness unto her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I would even like to know what scripture or scriptures does he believe says or support that the tribulation will last for seven years?

Try Dan.9:27 about the period of "one week", and follow what the Daniel prophecy shows a week is symbolic for. It's determined by the time of the going forth of the command to rebuild Jerusalem and the time of Christ's first coming, per Dan.9:25, which was to be 62 weeks plus 7 weeks (62 x7 plus 7 x 7).

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Try Dan.9:27 about the period of "one week", and follow what the Daniel prophecy shows a week is symbolic for. It's determined by the time of the going forth of the command to rebuild Jerusalem and the time of Christ's first coming, per Dan.9:25, which was to be 62 weeks plus 7 weeks (62 x7 plus 7 x 7).

Try understanding the entire Chapter, before taking verses out of context! :)

BibleScribe

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Try understanding the entire Chapter, before taking verses out of context! :)

BibleScribe

You're the worst one here for taking the Daniel Scripture TOTALLY... out of context.

And you think those Daniel Scriptures are already past history? That's Preterism and Historicism, both doctrines of men, and not of God.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
If a modern interpretation of Daniel (in accordance with Daniel 12:4 & 9) is Preterism, you sadly don't even know what Preterism is. LOLOL

But if you were a man, you'd walk through every aspect of the Daniel 9 prophecy and assess succinct points, instead of waving your hands and proclaiming your conclusions. But I would guess that I've made that request at least a dozen times without any result. So I don't expect this time to be any different.

But if anyone should want to evaluate exactly what this 9th Chapter actually presents, I'm more than happy to fully evaluate each point, so that the TRUTH of what has been shut up and sealed until the time of the end, can be fully understood at this late time.

Ref:

"How Close Is the Seven Year Tribulation", pg. 4, Post #92,
http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/14089-how-close-is-the-seven-year-tribulation/page__st__90

1. Per Walvoord: "...Montgomery, for all of his scholarship and knowledge of the history of interpretation, ends up with no reasonable interpretation at all., P.218

2. Per Walvoord: "...as Young points out, the word ‘sevens’ is in the masculine plural instead of the usual feminine plural. No clear explanation is given except that Young feels ‘it was for the deliberate purpose of calling attention to the fact that the word “sevens” is employed in an unusual sense.’", P.217

3. Per Walvoord: "...Young finally concludes after some discussion that Keit and Kliefoth are correct when they hold that the word ‘sevens’ does not necessarily mean year-weeks, but an intentionally indefinite designation of a period of time measured by the number seven, which chronological duration must be determined on other grounds., P.218

4. Per Montgomery: "... efforts to obtain an exact chronology fitting into the history of Salvation, after these 2,000 years of infinitely varied interpretations, would seem to preclude any use of the 70 Weeks for the determination of a definite prophetic chronology.", P. 217

5. Per Walvoord: "Some amillenarians, however, use a literal year time unit for the first sixty-nine weeks but an indefinite period for the last seven years, as in the case of Philip Mauro...", P. 218

6. Per Montgomery: "... the great Catholic chronographers ... as well as those of all subsequent chronographers (including the great Scalinger and Sir Isaac Newton) have failed.. And Edward Young too, finds no satisfactory conclusion for the seventy sevens ... and leaves it without a satisfactory explanation.", P. 217

7. Per Young, regarding "the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem": "This phrase has reference to the issuance of the word, not from a Persian ruler but from God." , P. 224 -

John Wolvoord, "Daniel, The Key to Prophetic Revelation", Moody Press, Chicago, 1971

8. Per Newton: "We avoid also the doing violence to the language of Daniel, by taking the seven weeks and sixty two weeks for one number. Had that been Daniel’s meaning, he would have said sixty and nine weeks, and not seven weeks and sixty two weeks, a way of numbring used by no nation."

Isaac Newton, "Observations upon the Prophecies of Daniel, and the Apocalypse of St. John (1733)", http://www.isaacnewton.ca/daniel_apocalypse/pt1ch10.html

... and ...

As provided in the Topic "How Close Is The Seven Year Tribulation", pg. 5, Post #139,
http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/14089-how-close-is-the-seven-year-tribulation/page__st__120

1. Daniel 9:2 specifies "years". -- This is a clue.

2. Daniel 9:2 does not use the simple shama to perceive the prophecy of Jeremiah as though reading that book, but rather the Soloman biyn to perceive the prophecy in the BOOKS.-- This is another clue.

3. Daniel 9:25 "going forth of the word" does NOT have the inference of any edict from man, but rather and edict directly from GOD. -- This is another clue.

4. The Daniel 9:25 seven is one duration with an anointed one "coming" after that duration. -- And another clue.

5. The Daniel 9:25 - 26 sixty-two weeks is a second duration with a second anointed one who is cut off after that duration. -- Still another clue.

6. The "weeks"/"week" are the inconcise Masculine gender text, which are specifically NOT 490 years. -- And yet another clues.

7. The second anointed one who is cut off is not killed upon the sixty-two, but simply AFTER. -- The clues keep on coming.

8. The destroyer does not come at the beginning, middle, or upon the end of the seventieth shabuwa, but "shall come" after the seventieth shabuwa. -- You can't handle these clues.
smile.gif

9. The seven, the sixty-two, the seventieth, and after the seventieth are chronologically connected, with NO ~2,000 year gaps. -- And still more clues.

10. This prophecy is shut up and sealed until the time of the end, which is approximate to 1948. -- The final clue which I've identified.

BibleScribe

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
If a modern interpretation of Daniel (in accordance with Daniel 12:4 & 9) is Preterism, you sadly don't even know what Preterism is. LOLOL

But if you were a man, you'd walk through every aspect of the Daniel 9 prophecy and assess succinct points, instead of waving your hands and proclaiming your conclusions. But I would guess that I've made that request at least a dozen times without any result. So I don't expect this time to be any different.

But if anyone should want to evaluate exactly what this 9th Chapter actually presents, I'm more than happy to fully evaluate each point, so that the TRUTH of what has been shut up and sealed until the time of the end, can be fully understood at this late time.

Ref:

http://www.christian...on/page__st__90

1. Per Walvoord: "...Montgomery, for all of his scholarship and knowledge of the history of interpretation, ends up with no reasonable interpretation at all., P.218

2. Per Walvoord: "...as Young points out, the word ‘sevens’ is in the masculine plural instead of the usual feminine plural. No clear explanation is given except that Young feels ‘it was for the deliberate purpose of calling attention to the fact that the word “sevens” is employed in an unusual sense.’", P.217

3. Per Walvoord: "...Young finally concludes after some discussion that Keit and Kliefoth are correct when they hold that the word ‘sevens’ does not necessarily mean year-weeks, but an intentionally indefinite designation of a period of time measured by the number seven, which chronological duration must be determined on other grounds., P.218

4. Per Montgomery: "... efforts to obtain an exact chronology fitting into the history of Salvation, after these 2,000 years of infinitely varied interpretations, would seem to preclude any use of the 70 Weeks for the determination of a definite prophetic chronology.", P. 217

5. Per Walvoord: "Some amillenarians, however, use a literal year time unit for the first sixty-nine weeks but an indefinite period for the last seven years, as in the case of Philip Mauro...", P. 218

6. Per Montgomery: "... the great Catholic chronographers ... as well as those of all subsequent chronographers (including the great Scalinger and Sir Isaac Newton) have failed.. And Edward Young too, finds no satisfactory conclusion for the seventy sevens ... and leaves it without a satisfactory explanation.", P. 217

7. Per Young, regarding "the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem": "This phrase has reference to the issuance of the word, not from a Persian ruler but from God." , P. 224 -

John Wolvoord, "Daniel, The Key to Prophetic Revelation", Moody Press, Chicago, 1971

8. Per Newton: "We avoid also the doing violence to the language of Daniel, by taking the seven weeks and sixty two weeks for one number. Had that been Daniel’s meaning, he would have said sixty and nine weeks, and not seven weeks and sixty two weeks, a way of numbring used by no nation."

Isaac Newton, "Observations upon the Prophecies of Daniel, and the Apocalypse of St. John (1733)", http://www.isaacnewton.ca/daniel_apocalypse/pt1ch10.html

... and ...

As provided in the Topic "How Close Is The Seven Year Tribulation", pg. 5, Post #139,
http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/14089-how-close-is-the-seven-year-tribulation/page__st__120

2. Daniel 9:2 does not use the simple shama to perceive the prophecy of Jeremiah as though reading that book, but rather the Soloman biyn to perceive the prophecy in the BOOKS.-- This is another clue.

3. Daniel 9:25 "going forth of the word" does NOT have the inference of any edict from man, but rather and edict directly from GOD. -- This is another clue.

4. The Daniel 9:25 seven is one duration with an anointed one "coming" after that duration. -- And another clue.

5. The Daniel 9:25 - 26 sixty-two weeks is a second duration with a second anointed one who is cut off after that duration. -- Still another clue.

6. The "weeks"/"week" are the inconcise Masculine gender text, which are specifically NOT 490 years. -- And yet another clues.

7. The second anointed one who is cut off is not killed upon the sixty-two, but simply AFTER. -- The clues keep on coming.

8. The destroyer does not come at the beginning, middle, or upon the end of the seventieth shabuwa, but "shall come" after the seventieth shabuwa. -- You can't handle these clues.
smile.gif

9. The seven, the sixty-two, the seventieth, and after the seventieth are chronologically connected, with NO ~2,000 year gaps. -- And still more clues.

10. This prophecy is shut up and sealed until the time of the end, which is approximate to 1948. -- The final clue which I've identified.

BibleScribe

That's either Preterism or Historicism, and specifically a doctrine of Seventh Day Adventists.

It is the false preaching that the 70 weeks Daniel prophecy has already been completed, and idea that many Jews also believe, especially since Judaism doesn't even believe that Jesus of Nazareth is The Christ.

So what you're ultimately preaching, is Judaism.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
That's either Preterism or Historicism, and specifically a doctrine of Seventh Day Adventists.

It is the false preaching that the 70 weeks Daniel prophecy has already been completed, and idea that many Jews also believe, especially since Judaism doesn't even believe that Jesus of Nazareth is The Christ.

So what you're ultimately preaching, is Judaism.

veteran, -- If you don't have a dictionary, you can always do an online search for those words. ROFL

No have no clue as to your arguments, or your audience. But more importantly, you have no clue as to the TRUTH of Scripture. For if you did, then you'd perform the analysis which you so carefully (i.e., read: crudely) avoid.

But GOD has not called us to be self sufficient, otherwise the hand could say to the foot "I have no need of thee". So take that hint.

BibleScribe

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I'll give the OP credit that Christ's supposed return happens on the Day of Atonement.

Whenever someone, such as Camping, makes the prediction, the first thing I do is check on the phase of the moon of the supposed date. Why? Because the Hebrew calendar was always based on the lunar cycle to start their months, and God's prophetic calendar is based on the feasts which depending on which one a person is talking about is new moon, maybe waxing gibbous (e.g. the Day of Atonement) or most of them are at full moon.

Because of the mention of the trumpet in the second Coming, I always associated it with the feast of Trumpets (New Moon) if anything. Jesus' reference to "no man knows the day or hour" is an allusion to the feast of Trumpets when they first tried to sight the moon for the start of the 7th month. This was uncertain given that the ecliptic made a shallow angle with the horizon, and sighting the new moon was trickier at that time since the movement of the moon was more azimuthal each day. People did not know which day or hour that the witnesses would suddenly come forth, and the Trumpet would suddenly sound starting their Holy month.

As expected in the case of Camping, the moon was nowhere near any notable calendar position which means to me that he went by a Gentile calendar without regards to the moon and not God's Sacred Calendar. You can always tell the ignorant, clueless ones this way. God's feasts were prophetic shadows of things to come.

Tim you are so right.... The first time I heard the feast of Trumpets was also referred to as ( the day that no one knows the day or the hour of, ) it was a DUAAAAA moment for me. I don't see why it goes over the head of so many people. it is so obvious and profound.
Pomp.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Tim you are so right.... The first time I heard the feast of Trumpets was also referred to as ( the day that no one knows the day or the hour of, ) it was a DUAAAAA moment for me. I don't see why it goes over the head of so many people. it is so obvious and profound.
Pomp.

Yeah, when I first heard about the connection of the feast of Trumpets with the unknown sighting of the new moon, it was a similar moment for me, too.

The reason people in this society and age it "goes over their heads" is because they "Gentilized" God's calendar and feasts. We now go by a strictly solar calendar and the months have nothing to do with the moon (even though the etymology of the word "month" is from "moon"). You tell people that the Israelites always went by a lunar month you get strange looks as if to ask, "What's new moon? What's waxing gibbous?" etc etc They have no clue. (Be wary of any calendar that is purely solar as that is Baal worship)

Nisan (their first month) always started when the new moon was first sighted and the barley was properly ripened for use in the feasts that followed. That was a Mosaic mandate that the barley was ready and they could not start the new year unless it was so. And if it was not ready, they'd add a leap month (rather erratic before the calculated calendar came along). The only thing the sun was used for was to mark the days, the moon marked the months, and the barley the years. They knew, of course, when a year was about to begin by viewing the stars. The Karrite Jews today use actual sighting whereas the mainline Jews use a calculated calendar due to the Diaspora. I can't say that's "wrong" since calculations emulate the heavenly cycles, but now that they live in Israel again they really ought to go by visual observation.

The only thing not depended on astronomy were the cyclical counting of the days (i/e 7 day weeks) and the sabbatical/jubilee years. That has to keep an unbroken counting and indeed although we have the days of the week correct today, we are not absolutely certain of sabbatical years and jubilee years.

That's an accurate calendar lesson in a nutshell. Pass on this accurate teaching. :D

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tim. I don't know why so many people dismiss Jewish feast days as unimportant for bible prophecy, considering that Jesus fulled several of them to the letter. and he will fulfill the rest also.
Pomp.

[email protected]

Oct 7, 2011
A short list of Traits for the AntiChrist

1.. will not desire women.
2. Not regard any god.
3. will not believe in the God of his fathers
4 Magnifies himself above all

No Obama does not qualify in any of these yet...
There is a little bit better answer to those verses you are quoting. Especially in the light of the angel at the beginning of Daniel Chapter 11:1-2 starts calling the Medo-Persian and Greek empires by name. Then in Daniel 11:3-35 listing all the battles between the Greek kings of Syria and Egypt to the time of Antiochus Epiphanes. After him Daniel 11:36-39 come the verses you named but after those in verses 40-45 comes Octavian (Augustus Caesar) and his conquest of the last portion of the Greek Empire. The real question should be who fits the description of those verses exactly and lived around the time of Augustus Ceasar?

36. And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvelous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

37. Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.
38. But in his estate shall he honor the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honor with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
39. Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

[font="'times new roman"]The answer to that is Herod the Great. Not just kind of fulfilled them but radically fulfilled every aspect of them. You will be amazed. Follow the link to see.[/font]
http://wordservice.org/Bible%20Basics/bb3017.htm#Daniel 11:36

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Well it does matter. Someone is right and someone is wrong. Ask any Baptist or any other minister or pastor other than a Pentecostal if there are apostles and prophets today and see what they say.

It is still does not matter. Being right is not a requirement for salvation.....we are saved by God's grace not by being correct on a given belief. And the Pentecostals is not right on everything.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Edited by HeroOfGod, 12 September 2011 - 06:02 AM.
only 7 months , and the final 1260 days begin... before that the Rapture & Sudden Destruction & New World order have to take place...
---------------------------------------------------
Well, this is April 24th 2012.... has not begun... Is your watch defective?

seraph595

Feb 19, 2012
Barack Obama is not the antichrist. If anyone claims he is they are pointing there finger without examining scripture just a liberal haha.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
It is May 2012. Jesus is still saving people. Give Him time, He is still coming soon!!

Saint

Apr 7, 2012
Bible Belt
Yeshua will gather those who's names are written in the book of life on the first day of Rosh Hashanah; don't know the year but I do know that in 2014 there are Lunar eclipses on Passover and the Feast of Tabernacles and in 2015 the same thing occurs. As well in 2015 there are Solar eclipses on Nisan 1 and Feast of Trumpets; which are the calendar first day of the year and the civil first day of the year. As well 2015 will be a Sabbatical year.

Now this is all pretty strange and rare and there is a good possibility that something could occur :rolleyes:

In Yeshua Messiah,

Bob

JLB

Mar 25, 2012

Ref:

http://www.christian...on/page__st__90

Isaac Newton, "Observations upon the Prophecies of Daniel, and the Apocalypse of St. John (1733)", http://www.isaacnewt...se/pt1ch10.html

... and ...

http://www.christian...n/page__st__120

smile.gif

BibleScribe

Next, I guess your going to tell us that the return of Jesus is imminent, because everybody knows "The Day of The Lord will come as a thief in the night".

What a joke.