Expose on Mormonism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

Do you believe that God Almighty is the great I AM, and vice versa?
Who are you speaking of when you refer to God Almighty? I do not know what answer you are fishing for, but I suspect it such as will entrap me into offering a personal opinion with which you may argue with your own. What I will give you is this..
"And this is life eternal, that they may know Thee, the only true God..." John 17:3 Who was speaking these words, and to Whom was He speaking? Who was speaking, as we all know, was "Jesus Christ Whom Thou had sent"..."the Christ, Son of the living God". And to Whom was the Son speaking? "My Father, and your Father. My God, and your God".

Reactions: amadeus
B

brakelite

@justbyfaith If you want to understand my belief, and the reasons why I believe as I do, read again the link in post 313. You don't have to agree, we are all entitled to believe according to our own conscience. I think that that link provides adequate information that I feel justified in accepting it. Not because any individual or church demands it of me, but because it sits comfortably within my spirit as truth. Maybe, one day I will be proved wrong. I can live with that.

Reactions: Helen and Taken

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith If you want to understand my belief, and the reasons why I believe as I do, read again the link in post 313. You don't have to agree, we are all entitled to believe according to our own conscience. I think that that link provides adequate information that I feel justified in accepting it. Not because any individual or church demands it of me, but because it sits comfortably within my spirit as truth. Maybe, one day I will be proved wrong. I can live with that.
I am not going to read what is in your link because of what it says in Proverbs 19:27.

If you do not want to give me a straight answer on whether God Almighty is the great I AM (and vice versa) in your opinion, then I suppose that this conversation is over. It makes me think that you are obviously hiding something.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not going to read what is in your link because of what it says in Proverbs 19:27.

If you do not want to give me a straight answer on whether God Almighty is the great I AM (and vice versa) in your opinion, then I suppose that this conversation is over. It makes me think that you are obviously hiding something.

If you've noticed, he does copy and paste from SDA sites. It is not his work.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I am just loving the interrogation here. :D
Some people think that it is their calling in life!!

You do understand that if you don't give the 'right answer' then you are proved a heretic, and he will smile believing how 'right' he is.

I say this is all a perfect picture painting of -" The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good and Evil. "
I watch it on the Site all the time.
They believe knowledge if 'truth and light'...yet it is still the wrong tree! If it brings life to people it is the right tree...if it is just to prove someone else is wrong...then it is from the wrong tree, so BOTH are 'wrong' as it were. The tree's 'fruit' was good and evil...

His Life quickens and energizes. :)

Bless you...Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth (John 14:17, John 16:13).

The devil is the father of lies (John 8:44).

It may seem to be "fruity" to tolerate lies when they are propagated; and in some watered-down, corrupted versions of the Bible, tolerance is even listed as a fruit of the Spirit.

The question you should ask is, if there were a known danger of someone putting heroin into your child's glass of milk, would it be the wrong kind of fruit on your part to interrogate anyone who gave your child a glass of milk and make sure that the milk does not, in fact, contain heroin?

Is it not love for your child that would motivate you to exhibit what <the person who would put heroin in your child's milk> or <the onlooker who does not understand the reality of the situation> might call "ugly"?

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
God the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth (John 14:17, John 16:13).

The devil is the father of lies (John 8:44).

It may seem to be "fruity" to tolerate lies when they are propagated; and in some watered-down, corrupted versions of the Bible, tolerance is even listed as a fruit of the Spirit.

The question you should ask is, if there were a known danger of someone putting heroin into your child's glass of milk, would it be the wrong kind of fruit on your part to interrogate anyone who gave your child a glass of milk and make sure that the milk does not, in fact, contain heroin?

Is it not love for your child that would motivate you to exhibit what <the person who would put heroin in your child's milk> or <the onlooker who does not understand the reality of the situation> might call "ugly"?
Good post....

B

brakelite

If you've noticed, he does copy and paste from SDA sites. It is not his work.
I wonder if you are suffering from early onset dementia? I think you need to see someone about it. What I provided @justbyfaith was the very same link you used originally to explain what SDAs believe regarding Michael. And now you criticise me for doing the same?????

Reactions: Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder if you are suffering from early onset dementia? I think you need to see someone about it. What I provided @justbyfaith was the very same link you used originally to explain what SDAs believe regarding Michael. And now you criticise me for doing the same?????

There's a distinction. I use verses to support what I say from years of learning.

You just Quote doctrine.

B

brakelite

There's a distinction. I use verses to support what I say from years of learning.

You just Quote doctrine.
The link you provided, this one...Christ, and Michel the Archangel q08.htm has 112 scripture references in support of our belief. Also included are references from Jewish literature, and several different Bible commentaries from people such as Calvin, Matthew Henry, and others. Are you in the habit of providing links to support your wrong conclusions and not actually read them?
You claim on your web site that you have spent years studying cults etc etc. placing yourself on a pedestal of understanding and wisdom in discerning error. Thus you believe yourself to be a paragon of truth and wisdom. Well sir, I don't trust you. I don't believe you. I have been a Christian for 42 years and an Adventist for half that time. I did not come to where I am with my eyes wide shut. Nor did I come to my conclusions and become settled in my beliefs on account of my own wisdom, and certainly not without the Spirit of God teaching me every step of the way. You are welcome to denounce me, and my church, rubbish my beliefs, and draw entirely different conclusions to my own. You are even welcome to show me my error, I have a love for truth, and I do not believe I know everything there is to be understood about God...scripture...or man. So prove me wrong if you will, all I ask is you be honest about it.
Oh yes, in some cases I do quote SDA writers in support of my posts here...I have no shame in admitting that there are writers out there far more skilled in putting words together than I, and have the ability therefore to express more accurately what is on my mind to reveal.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen