Exposing lies of all denominations, Pope Francis. Who is Mary? First of many threads!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you part of a denomination? Do you belive your denomination holds ALL TRUTHS?

• Yes, I am part of a denomination and believe it holds ALL TRUTHS!

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No, I am not part of a denomination. Willing to test all- with the WORD!

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You keep repeating yourself but not once have you named any of Pope Francis' allegedly false teachings. A comment to a reporter, a homily, a general audience, an opinion ARE NOT TEACHINGS. If you are going to criticize his teachings, go to the teachings!!! NOT YOU TUBE!!! IT'S A SNAKE PIT!!!

Those are the official teachings of Pope Francis but you won't bother with them because that would not meet your sick needs. Obviously you have ignored all of my posts and if you want to continue having a discussion with me then answer the question at the bottom of post #69.

Last edited by a moderator:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Video #1. Produced by Most Holy Family Monastery, sede vacante radicals, (no pope in the chair) they are so off the wall they are considered un-Catholic in many ways.

Video #2 Pope JP2 never taught universal salvation. That is a lie. Produced by the same nut cases as video #1.

Video #3 You need to be educated on who the Dimond Brothers really are and what a sedevacantist is.

LIES OF THE DIMOND BROTHERS EXPOSED
(
ENDTIMEWINE'S VIDEOS)
One thing I would want to bring up is a few Scriptures that I think are incompatible with sedevacantism. One is 2 Thessalonians 2:3 -- "Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction."

To me, this connects the great apostasy to the coming of the Antichrist. Verses 9-11 support this interpretation because they say that the Antichrist will cause the Apostasy when he comes. At least, that's how I read it. If the sedevacantists really believe that the whole Church (except for themselves) is apostate, then where is the guy who was supposed to cause this? He should be identifiable because this verse says he will be revealed when the apostasy happens. Well, it's been over fifty years since Pope St. John XXIII was elected. Shouldn't the Antichrist have appeared, maybe started the battle of Armageddon by now? Because I don't see him.

I am aware that some sedevacantists go so far as to say that the pope himself is the Antichrist, but what I want to know is, which one was he? Verse 3 says, "the lawless one will be revealed," not "the lawless several."

Second, what were the great powers and signs he wrought to prove himself? Verse 9 says he will come with signs and wonders -- not to mention what other Bible verses say, that he will persecute the saints of God and wage a great war. Sedevacantists object that the pope has allowed too much religious liberty, not that he has persecuted them. To me, that means the pope isn't the Antichrist, and if the Antichrist hasn't come, the rebellion hasn't happened. Case closed.

A second passage I would want to bring up is the prophecy of Daniel chapter 2. Daniel chapter 2 pointed out the characteristics of the four kingdoms that would rise before the coming of the Messiah. (Daniel 2:39-43) The traditional Catholic interpretation of that prophesy is that they were Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome. It correctly foretold that the Messiah would set up a kingdom in the midst of the reign of the fourth kingdom -- Daniel 2:44-45.

The problem for sedevacantists is that in Daniel 2:35, the Messiah's everlasting kingdom is described as being so large it would fill the whole earth. Sedevacantists say it is only a very tiny pebble in comparison. Only the Catholic Church of today fulfills the Daniel 2 prophesy. Only it was founded during the Roman empire and grew into a great size that has lasted ever since. No other faith has that. I think it is proof-positive that the Catholic Church under today's pope is the true Church.
Contra Sedevacantism

Last edited by a moderator:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And when you separate yourself from any denomination or group of believers, you do the same thing. You create division. So, what do you do now? You have caused division in the Body of Christ.

Stranger
No. one is in Christ when one is in Christ.

See this bit

1Co_6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co_6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

When one joins the SDA church, one becomes an SDA, when one joins the RC church, one becomes an RC, when one gives them self over to Christ, they become Christians. There is not division in Christs "Church" just mens wordly religions.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. one is in Christ when one is in Christ.

See this bit

1Co_6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co_6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

When one joins the SDA church, one becomes an SDA, when one joins the RC church, one becomes an RC, when one gives them self over to Christ, they become Christians. There is not division in Christs "Church" just mens wordly religions.

Many in the denominations you separated from are in Christ also.

You were in Christ when you were in a denomination also.

When you left a denomination you didn't leave the Body of Christ, didn't divided the Body of Christ. You just left that particular denomination.

So, you see? Probably not. The Body of Christ always exists though there be many denominations.

(1 Cor. 6:16) is not speaking to every Christian denomination.

(1 Cor. 6:17) is what I have just said.

There is no place in Scripture where we are told it is ok to be a lone ranger. We need to be around and meet with other believers, though it gets harder and harder in these days. To neglect being around other believers, you neglect the ministry of the Holy Ghost working in other believers to you, and vice versa.

In fact, I think you are a perfect picture what happens when one becomes a long ranger. Denying the Bible the authority as the Word of God and yet always quoting from it. Oxymoron.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good point...which I have often pondered myself.
I being one who has separated from the organized church 20 years ago, after 30 years in the system. Agree some was wonderful and life giving and they flowed as Paul taught. "Every joint supplying" one had a song, hymn, tongue, prophesy, edification ..and some brought a good powerful life giving word(message)
Now , those days seem to be over ( we left England and came here to Canada...to help run a "church")...which we kept as an open floor for the body to share. ( then we moved here, for family health)
But sorry, I just can't be a part of the "one man band" type of gathering that is called "church". With one man at the top...and if your lucky a few elders under him..and the congregation (never called Body) just sitting listening like little birds.
In the 20 years we have been here we have tried...we've been everywhere...tried many "churches"...but never found an open floor or a real NT Holy Spirit gathering where the Holy Spirit leads the good people who He has called to the oversight.

Just saying....

I do know the difficulty of finding a church today. But, it doesn't have to be an organized group. It can be just you and others meeting together at your house or theirs. Of course as we get older that gets more difficult as many we used to meet with have died off or gone other directions.

As to the church being run by one man, as you say there is usually elders or deacons involved. And even if you meet with friends at their house, you will see certain gifts of the Holy Spirit being exercised of which some of these will be leadership gifts which naturally places those in leadership position. So there will and should always be leaders in the local church.

You may never find the exact kind of church you once had. But in every church there are believers who you are part of. And God is not hindered in working through them to you. If you go to a church that does not allow the use of the gifts of the Holy Ghost, then there is a certain hindrance there. But, you just make sure those gifts are allowed before you go.

I guess my point is there is no way we can get around being part of a denomination. Because when we divide and meet with others of like mind we ourselves create a denomination. And, there is certainly no place for us to be a lone ranger. To do that is to cut ourselves off from the ministries of the Holy Ghost through others to us. I do think, however, much of our interaction here on the inter-net does work the same way. But it shouldn't be all we have.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because we are part of a Body. To cut yourself off from meeting with other believers is to cut yourself off from the various ministries the Holy Ghost wants to do through others and through you.

I know of no example of a lone ranger in the New Testament.

Stranger

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because we are part of a Body. To cut yourself off from meeting with other believers is to cut yourself off from the various ministries the Holy Ghost wants to do through others and through you.

I know of no example of a lone ranger in the New Testament.

Stranger

So do you believe these lone ranger types are lost souls? As in unsaved?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not at all. But their walk is affected. And the church is affected by their absence.

Stranger

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all. But their walk is affected. And the church is affected by their absence.

Stranger

Then I don't see what difference it makes. How can a church be affected by my absence if I've never attended?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then I don't see what difference it makes. How can a church be affected by my absence if I've never attended?

Well, your salvation, getting from a lost state to a saved state, is not all God wants to do with you. That is a big difference that involves the majority of your life here.

Because as a believer you have a certain gift or gifts of the Holy Spirit. Those are for you and the Body. To cut yourself off from any local body of believers is to not allow your gifts to be exercised by the Holy Ghost towards other believers. There are others there that use the same gifts, of course. But yours are not there to use.

Stranger

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, your salvation, getting from a lost state to a saved state, is not all God wants to do with you.

How do you know that?

And I don't believe the gifts of the Spirit are meant to be used towards believers only.

I've been on my own for 40 years and God has been quite active in my life. He's given me everything I've asked for, within reason. If I'm in error, why does He continue to answer my prayers?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I knew Stranger wouldn't believe that.
But I do know that we are more likely to fall prey to the Enemy when we are totally alone, with no one to "bounce" our beliefs off of for a 'check and balance.'
We've all seen sheep ( or a picture of them) when a dog, coyote, or wolf is in the field....how the all turn outward with their backs all together in a large group and the stalker circles them. If one is off in a corner and not with the group ..they are the one which gets grabbed.
We all need people to pray for and with us for strength when we ourselves are weak. I myself have been so sick these last two weeks..I could not pray for myself, I needed my husband and Christian friends to pray me through it.
But, finding others of 'like mind' outside our own family is not easy.

I do agree with Stranger...even though this site may have lots of "different beliefs" on it, and different personalities which rub us up the wrong way.
This is a good place to get solid on what we ourselves believe. And challenges to our faith...which I think is healthy. ( although not always pleasant! :D )

Reactions: pia

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've been on my own for 40 years and God has been quite active in my life. He's given me everything I've asked for, within reason. If I'm in error, why does He continue to answer my prayers?

Agree, many , many good strong Christians have had "the lonely walk"...and God has been everything they need. Many of the great Christian writers were not "outward" living people, but sought the solitude with God.

As for "If you are in error"... :D I can 100% assure you...every single one of us has some area of blindness and error....( even thought we hear them on these boards declare they have all the truth..LOL They are deluded)
No, God does not sit and chew His nails if He sees some error in one of His kids. But, He may well send some other person across their path to shine a wee bit of light in that blind corner.
It's the "going to church bit" that I can't do. Iv'e really tried...but when I hear what comes over the pulpit, I have to get up and leave....I cannot sit and agree.

Reactions: pia

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Stranger Thank you for that good post to me #86...well said...and I agree.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mary! I am glad we agree upon something. Mary, I think you have to quite your mind for a moment. Your like a little child who goes why, why, why , to every obvious answer. What exactly do you have a problem with? I posted something, Pope Francis said, and gave scriptural proof that he is wrong. I will post, if you would like- other non truths concerning the faith and can put more scriptural rebuttals toward his comments. It is odd to me: I am defending Christ' words " I am the way, the truth and the life. There is no OTHER way to the Father but by ME!" And you are more concerned with the Pope- than what Christ said. The Pope says we are "ALL CHILDREN OF GOD", this he says because God made all people. This is a play on words. In Christianity, we learn we are adopted sons and daughters. Our election from the world is based on our receiving and believing that Jesus is the only one true Savior. He is our Blessed hope! Not Buddha or Hindu gods, Islam's god- all worship of other gods in actuality is demon worship.

2Corinthians6:14-18 and chp7:1 , Do not be mantled with unbelievers. For what partnership have righteousness and iniquity?Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? OR what has a believer in common with an UNBELIEVER? What agreement has the TEMPLE OF GOD with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, "I will live in them and move among them, and will be their God, and they shall be my people. Therefore, come out of them and be SEPARATE from them, SAYS THE LORD, and touch nothing unclean; then I will WELCOME YOU, and I will be a FATHER TO YOU, and you shall be my sons and daughters says the Lord Almighty."
7:1, Since we have these promises, beloved let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, and make holiness perfect in FEAR OF GOD.
Who is qualified to call out Pastoral heads and prove who are heretics? The Apostles and their anointing teachings! Colossians 2:8-10, See to it that no one makes prey of you by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the universe, and not according to CHRIST. For in Him the whole FULLNESS of DEITY dwells bodily, and you have come to fullness of life in HIM, who is HEAD of ALL RULE AND AUTHORITY. If you have questions the apostles have the answers.THE WOMAN OF REV.12 Marches On! God Bless!
Thank you for your time.

IHS..Mary

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know that?

And I don't believe the gifts of the Spirit are meant to be used towards believers only.

I know it because the maturity of the believer is taught in the Bible. (Eph. 4:11-16) ( 1 Cor. 3:1-2) (Heb. 4:1) (Heb. 5:12-6:1)

Well, they are. (1 Cor. 12:12-30) (Eph. 4:11-16)

You give me your personal experience. I give you the Scripture. You give me no Scripture supporting a lone ranger Christian. Which am I to believe? You or the Bible?

Your experience proves nothing as to what God might have done. It only proves you are content with what you did.

Stranger

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know it because the maturity of the believer is taught in the Bible. (Eph. 4:11-16) ( 1 Cor. 3:1-2) (Heb. 4:1) (Heb. 5:12-6:1)

So it is your belief that I am an immature christian.

Ephesians 4
11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,

You believe that every mature christian is either an apostle, a prophet, an evangelist, pastor or teacher. Which of these positions do you hold?

Pardon me if I don't accept your interpretation.

1 Corinthians 3
3 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ.
2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;
3 for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?
4 For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not carnal?

This passage actually speaks against what you are promoting. Denominations.

Your experience proves nothing as to what God might have done. It only proves you are content with what you did.

You have no idea what I've accomplished on my journey. You assume that it's nothing because I'm not like you. What my experience proves to me is that I don't need to belong to a group of people who call themselves Baptists, Lutherans, Catholics or Mormons, etc...

The bible is crystal clear on what causes divisions among the brethren.

1 Corinthians 1
10 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

How can this be accomplished through denominations? Just because Jesus is preached from the pulpits of all these different churches doesn't mean they are all preaching the same thing.

2 Corinthians 11
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

I have a question. Do you accept all doctrines regardless of the denomination?