Ezekiel 21 Destroy the Righteous Along With the Wicked

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You are a silly man who tries to appear very intelligent and wise. Speak plainly so we can see if you have any wisdom to share that is worth sharing! You have not said anything understandable in your above post, but I know you can speak understandably - I have seen you do it on occasion.
ah, wadr i am a man deemed intelligent and wise who is really just silly i guess, and prolly that was for someone else
although i did edit there.
But it doesn't work for me to speak some things too plainly, most truth should be asked, seeked, and knocked i guess.
i was regulating that for a while but i don't think about it any more, as i have not infringed any of your options

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
How many that walked in the wilderness died there? Never to enter the promised land? This gives you an idea of an eternal destiny of those who are not dead in the lake of fire...not in the kingdom of God either...but are wanderers in the wilderness forever.
you are conflating two separate concepts i think Epi, and this has led you to a bad conclusion imo.
The wilderness is also used that way, yes, but not in ref to the Exodus or to certain other wanderers, who are deemed good imo

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, wadr i am a man deemed intelligent and wise who is really just silly i guess, and prolly that was for someone else
although i did edit there.
But it doesn't work for me to speak some things too plainly, most truth should be asked, seeked, and knocked i guess.
i was regulating that for a while but i don't think about it any more, as i have not infringed any of your options

Who deemed you intelligent and wise? That's not what I said.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
you are conflating two separate concepts i think Epi, and this has led you to a bad conclusion imo.
The wilderness is also used that way, yes, but not in ref to the Exodus or to certain other wanderers, who are deemed good imo

God was angry with them and He swore they would not enter into His rest. So then God IS watching and evaluating our walks right here....right now.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God was angry with them and He swore they would not enter into His rest. So then God IS watching and evaluating our walks right here....right now.

Yes! And it says: He let them become very thirsty in the desert to SEE WHAT THEY WOULD DO!

Reactions: Episkopos

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! And it says: He let them become very thirsty in the desert to SEE WHAT THEY WOULD DO!

Did God not (out of mercy) prepare a table in the wilderness?

Psalm 78:18-19
[18] And they tempted God in their heart by asking meat for their lust. [19] Yea, they spake against God; they said, Can God furnish a table in the wilderness?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did God not (out of mercy) prepare a table in the wilderness?

He even made water come from a rock when they complained of thirst instead of continuing to trust. And yes, He fed them manna and quail when they complained instead of continuing to trust. And He said this: You will eat it for a whole month until you gag and are sick of it. For you have rejected the LORD, who is here among you, and you have whined to him, saying, "Why did we ever leave Egypt?"'"

At every turn, instead of faith, they wanted to go back to the world they came from, the bondage they came from, and complained that He brought them into the wilderness to let them die of thirst and starve.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And rather than trust in His faithfulness....they grumbled and complained.

So see that your own hearts do not become evil and unbelieving as Israel in the desert. Because wasn't it THOSE HE SAVED who He later became displeased with and swore, they will never enter My rest?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes...

The whole counsel of God...from Genesis to Revelation speaks of the 4 destinies. It is hidden in plain sight.

There are 4 courses or paths that are defined for men to walk in.

There is the path the wicked take...to destruction.
There is the path of the righteous that leads to mercy and life...at the end according to a faithful life.
There is the path of the holy...which few find. This path leads to glory and honour and a place with Christ to rule over all things.
Can we see here also the Ark which Noah built, with three levels of those saved plus the fourth group of those left on the outside when the flood came and covered all of those not within?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can we see here also the Ark which Noah built, with three levels of those saved plus the fourth group of those left on the outside when the flood came and covered all of those not within?
Exactly! :)

It says the whole world was populated from these 3. The 4th was lost. The wicked perish.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Who deemed you intelligent and wise? That's not what I said.
yes, and i hope you understand that i am not just being coy or whatever, but that the plainest statement may also be misunderstood too. My point there is that if you stop reading from your specific pov the meaning of the Scripture will change, not that there is anything wrong with your pov right now per se, but you are...generating moot questions? Possibly holding a premise that generates them? Dunno; the point is that in your Q there the premise of a certain timeline is apparent, i'll call it a "group timeline" for lack of a better term, a group is envisioned that maybe doesn't exist iow, and Scripture...often suggests and even seems to support this pov, but it is usually or often a trick imo, and you are allowed to um, listen however you like?

Scripture warns against using your imagination to interpret and translate, right? so i'm not sure how to suggest that you do that very thing, bc that is what Scripture is suggesting there, and It is actually making fun of men's established interpretations/translations there, like in a sense or if the shoe fits, which i could only maybe show a tiny little bit after a whole lot of Quoting and explanation so i won't, but if you still don't get me you could quote where Paul said "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" and i could perhaps speak more plainly then, sorry

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God was angry with them and He swore they would not enter into His rest.
well, later, yes. But that does not mean "wilderness bad" like you seem to be forwarding imo. i mean after they left Egypt--and crossed the Yam Suph, but nevermind that part--God led them straight into the wilderness too right

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It says the whole world was populated from these 3. The 4th was lost.

Matthew 18:11
[11] For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

Ezekiel 34:16
[16] I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment.

Is this a different lost?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, later, yes. But that does not mean "wilderness bad" like you seem to be forwarding imo

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
The wilderness where they walked was simply the place of confusion they effectively chose when they failed to trust God to lead them safely into the Promised Land. 40 years of confusion leading to death without attaining to the Promise. They indeed partook of manna from heaven while they were there which relates to people today who read the scriptures which were inspired by God but without no understanding or even misunderstanding. There are rivers in today's desert as well, but who is drinking from the Living water rather than that old well of Jacob's which only satisfies for a moment.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The wilderness where they walked was simply the place of confusion they effectively chose when they failed to trust God to lead them safely into the Promised Land. 40 years of confusion leading to death without attaining to the Promise.
but again, that was not right after crossing the Sea of Reeds, when they were not choosing at all, Shekinah was leading, etc

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but again, that was not right after crossing the Sea of Reeds, when they were not choosing at all, Shekinah was leading, etc

If God was leading and they were following how is that not making a choice...?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For that matter, stepping up u nde r a towering wall of water is making a choice.