Failed Prophecies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I believe the Words of the Bible
At least until another comes and cross examines him, right?
Do you think everyone else here is blind, Stranger?
Wanna watch yourself go blind, one more dreary and soul-sucking time?
Bc all i have to do for that is Quote some Scripture bro, i don't even need another Witness, see

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least until another comes and cross examines him, right?
Do you think everyone else here is blind, Stranger?
Wanna watch yourself go blind, one more dreary and soul-sucking time?
Bc all i have to do for that is Quote some Scripture bro, i don't even need another Witness, see

Quote away. Make sure you are facing Jerusalem.

Stranger

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, how easy it is for us to fall off the wagon of Christlike patience. May God have mercy on us one and all.

Ooooh yes indeed! I so depend on His mercies that are "new every day" ♥ There are a few who do try my patience! Lol.

Reactions: Willie T

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes--one hears, "Well, this symbolizes this" and "Oh, that symbolizes that..." And often one group of "spiritualizers" state things that are the exact opposite of what other "spiritualizers" say. Always best to follow the surface text and literally unless to do so produces an absurdity.
That's the problem with it. Each have a revelation from God, but the revelations are never the same. I have a revelation from God, and, there are millions more exactly like it all around the world!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We also must consider whether anything we insist is literal agrees with the rest of Scripture. That's where many go wrong with the Rich Man and Lazarus. Insisting this passage is a literal account of two men creates huge problems with regard to consistency with the rest of Scripture, which is only avoided by understanding it is parabolic.
For me, it puts the visual to what is taught elsewhere. I don't see any conflict with understanding this to be a true story.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dreams and visions are not the only means by which prophetic symbolism is given. For instance, Jesus Himself used prophetic symbolism repeatedly when giving revelations of the future while wide awake and not in a prophetic trance:

"The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels." (an interpretation of the symbolism in the preceding verses)

"Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." (Reference to His body temple)

"And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected." (He did all those things for another 3 years, not days.)
This is what I look for with symbols, where the Bible tells me, this is a symbol, and where it tells me, this is what that symbol means. If I have that, I have Scriptural Authority. If I do not, I do not.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because Paul is clear that in the period between our current "tabernacle" in which we groan - an undeniable reference to our current mortal body - and the glorious body to come at the Second Coming, he says we will be "naked" and "unclothed" of any "tabernacle" which means "lying in the grave dead without a body".
I don't think he really said that.

He said we have an heavenly body, and that we don't actually want to be unclothed, that is, disembodied.

Consider, "lying in the grave dead without a body", it is the body that lies in the grave. Without a spirit. But regarding our state after this life, "we have" a celestial body even now, and to disconnect from this body in death, well, right now, we walk by faith, since we don't see our spirit-walk, we just see our terrestrial walk. But when we see face to face, it will be in our heavenly body - a spirit body made for the celestial realm - and in our mortal body resurrected to immortal life by being clothed upon with with our celestial body.

Much love!

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the favorite pre-trib scriptures is Luke 21:34-36.
In most trans, v36 says 'escape all these things'. But my REBible says: pass safely through all that is coming.
The REB is correct, otherwise there is a Biblical anomaly, as v35 states: these things will come upon everyone, the whole world over.
1 Peter 4:12 and many other verses plainly say we must face the fiery trial, the forthcoming Sixth Seal event.
OK, but I'm wondering why you would think that my reason for believing the pre-trib rapture is that I have a desire to escape tribulation. Why do you think that of me?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In most trans, v36 says 'escape all these things'. But my REBible says: pass safely through all that is coming.
The REB is correct, otherwise there is a Biblical anomaly, as v35 states: these things will come upon everyone, the whole world over.
1 Peter 4:12 and many other verses plainly say we must face the fiery trial, the forthcoming Sixth Seal event.
BTW . . . I don't think this verse in Luke is about the rapture of the church.

Much love!

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suggest that there may be more than one valid interp mostly Bc the same principle might play out in more than one area, atoms look just like solar systems, etc. But if you can Quote "there is only one interpretation according to the spirit of God" anywhere, i might demure
It is not that there is not more than one interpretation, but rather only one truth according to God. Which indeed is manifest in a multitude of interpretations, all of which are true to him who goes by the way he believes. But the way of those who go contrary to God is not truth in the way that God defines truth. With God, only One is true, the Lord Jesus Christ.

But indeed, for the one who believes the earth is trillions of years old, it is, etc., and he will go the way of the earth and of the world, by fervent heat. But those who believe that what is finite is one truth with God, they shall know it. For Satan the father of lies has many children, but God only One.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HI Keraz,

On this part, bolded above, of course this means that these things will come upon all who are alive upon the earth at the time they happen, correct? I mean, my mom won't be there, she's already died. She's left the scene where this is happening.

So not everyone who lives must undergo the great tribulation. And if the church happens to be removed before it begins, they they are on the same par as those who died before it begins.

They are not in this world, not subject to the things of this world, because God, in His wisdom and timing, removed them, either by death or rapture.

But I do deny that my rapture view is based on a desire to preserve my flesh.

Much love!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HI Keraz,

On this part, bolded above, of course this means that these things will come upon all who are alive upon the earth at the time they happen, correct? I mean, my mom won't be there, she's already died. She's left the scene where this is happening.

So not everyone who lives must undergo the great tribulation. And if the church happens to be removed before it begins, they they are on the same par as those who died before it begins.

They are not in this world, not subject to the things of this world, because God, in His wisdom and timing, removed them, either by death or rapture.

But I do deny that my rapture view is based on a desire to preserve my flesh.

Much love!
I wonder why John told the people in the congregations of those 7 churches in ancient Asia (today's Turkey) that he was, at the time of him writing Revelation to them, "a brother with them in that tribulation?"

Reactions: Heart2Soul

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Coming from someone who purposefully writes in a confusing manner, no, I am not interested in giving you further explanation.

Stranger
Like that has something to do with this? Like i am the only one who might read your expound? So this is strictly an ego exercising area for you then, right, and my disease is a handy way for you to floss?

Or i mean how else do you expect me to take that? I'm not being a dick or anything, am i?
Not meaning to anyway. Ok, sorry i poked your cage sir

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder why John told the people in the congregations of those 7 churches in ancient Asia (today's Turkey) that he was, at the time of him writing Revelation to them, "a brother with them in that tribulation?"
The fellowship of suffering. Everyone has tribulation. In this world Ye Shall Have tribulation. We are united in the things we suffer, united together, and united with Christ, knowing the fellowship of His suffering.

Much love!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
bro you are aware...nevermind
ha you naive thing, you ;)
he sure tol you huh

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fellowship of suffering. Everyone has tribulation. In this world Ye Shall Have tribulation. We are united in the things we suffer, united together, and united with Christ, knowing the fellowship of His suffering.

Much love!
Oh, that's good to hear. I was 'fraid there was going to be, all of a sudden, a special period of 7 years of something called "THE Great Tribulation", the way so many people talk. But, search as I may, I can't find a period of time with that designation anywhere in the Bible. Glad to know it is just the tough times all Christians have always gone through.