Failed Prophecies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I noted no hatred whatsoever, myself
google isn't having any probs at all, what phrase would you like verification for
find the camp?
You're a muslim, what do I care what you noted? Hint...I don't.

Stranger
ok, go with that then bro, i know Samaritans and them Cyrenes and all, being black as they are, are like off your "nice" list, huh. Just keep doin what you're doin then, i can respect that, and i wish you the best in your quest for the Elysian Fields too ok

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But three of you have chosen to make it the focus. It wasn't, and isn't.

The Rapture and Dispensationalism are used in a disparaging way in the very first sentence. That is the them of this thread. Failed prophecies are the supposed proof of this.

Dispensationl and Rapture bashing is the purpose of this thread.

Stranger

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If you think anyone is listening, then why don't you speak?

I'm a critic of pre-trib rapture, but not for the sake of belittling another's sincerely held beliefs...only because so many are counting on a "second chance" instead of the "Second Coming" and are in grave danger.

According to Lucifer's secret society spokesmen, he is planning to plunge the world into such and unbelievable period of tribulation chaos where "the multitudes disillusioned with Christianity..." (they were supposed to be caught up in the "pre-trib rapture" but are yet still down here amidst the chaos) "...whose spirits will be from that moment without direction and leadership..." (with their expectations of an early evacuation destroyed, massive eschatological confusion has enveloped them) "...and anxious for an ideal, but without knowledge where to send its adoration..." (if only they would have believed us Historicists!!!)..."will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer..."
Just for the record Beliefs I got no probs with, ok, beliefs i can tolerate all day long, i even got one or two still myself. Absolute Truths, those are diff tho imo. I don't have to tolerate those, nor ppl pissing on my cornflakes. Friends and neighbors are for irl imo. Truth cuts like a knife, yeh?
He's on the radio weekdays here. Great show
dang you gotta link, or the um call letters? The Berean Call i see, but would rather listen, and i got that worldwide radio site already loaded, ty.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I have some avenues of access to download books that would otherwise have pushed my library into the thousands of dollars. (I think it was *Stranger* who just made fun of me for that a little earlier in this thread.)
he helps verify the veracity of your averment, quite nicely imo :)
(ty online thesaurus)

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the first time as the Suffering Servant.
Then (If you are a pre-trib proponent) second time would be to gather all His saints.
The third time would be Him returning yet again as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Like I said earlier, this is not something I am cemented in as far as where I stand on it. I will keep myself open to what the "rapture" teaches, along with prayer. Must get all the scriptures together and really go over all of the views. :)

I see what you are saying. But I think that is incorrect. The first time Christ came was the first coming. Thus it is possible to say the Rapture and the time when Christ comes all the way to the earth are two comings, as Christ at the Rapture does meet the believers in the air.

But, I understand dispensationalists, of which I am one, believe the Rapture is preliminary to the Second Coming. It does not count as a return of Christ, because Christ doesn't come all the way to the earth. It is a calling out of the saints to Christ.

Thus the Second Coming occurs when Christ returns to the earth. When His feet are planted on the Mount of Olives. (Zech. 14:4)

So what you have is, 1.) The first coming of Christ, 2.) The Rapture, the calling out of the saints, 3.) The Second Coming of Christ.

The verses you originally spoke of in (Matthew) spoke to the Second Coming and not the Rapture.

Stranger

Reactions: Nancy

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is uproarious how much power some people here bestow upon me. I simply posted what I found to be a pretty humorous little excerpt from an old book I ran across, and several people seem to feel I reached in their ribcage and ripped out their heart.

What is the book and who is the author?

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I think it is uproarious how much power some people here bestow upon me. I simply posted what I found to be a pretty humorous little excerpt from an old book I ran across, and several people seem to feel I reached in their ribcage and ripped out their heart.
See, you are a god after all :)

Reactions: Willie T

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half.” –Daniel 12:7

From a folio cataloged as Yahuda MS 7.3g, f. 13v:

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060.”" - – Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christ’s coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However… Isaac Newton notes…

“It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." –- Isaac Newton

Reactions: Acolyte and Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say there is going to be a secret rapture, and I say there is not. How is that "attacking?"

Actually, isn't it more, Guilt by Association?

I believe in the pre-trib rapture. Now, here's someone who asserted pre-trib rapture, and made a prediction. His prediction was wrong, therefore his rapture view was wrong, and therefore anyone who thinks the same must be wrong?

I'm I getting this wrong?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, without a doubt this site is anti-dispensationalist.

I don't understand how (Matt. 24:29-30) disproves the pre-trib Rapture as it is speaking of the Second Coming of Christ. The Second Coming of Christ and the Rapture are not the same event.

Be that as it may, my point here is that when people reject dispensational teaching, they themselves are accepting another system of teaching. Be it amillennialism, or postmillennialism, or Covenant Theology. They may say they don't, but they do. Have you come to a place where you know which system you fit?

We all are affected by what we are originally presented with in the Christian faith. But, as time goes on, and we set ourselves to study the Scriptures, even though we may have started out one thing doesn't mean we will remain. And, that is good. I have changed my views over time in areas, such as the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I was taught that they had ceased, and most dispensationalists believe this, but over time have come to believe the Scriptures are teaching otherwise.

But, the overall dispensational method of studying the Scriptures, I believe is the best. In fact, I really believe that to not study the Bible through the dispensational method is to limit your understanding of the Bible. In other words it is a key to opening doors. And if you don't have the key, what is behind the door is lost to you. My opinion.

Stranger
. . . rightly dividing the Word of Truth.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2/ Your motive is to 'escape' the trials and testing that we are plainly told; all must endure.

Hi Keraz,

What gives you this idea?

I'm not discussing academically, I hold to a pre-trib rapture view. Now, I've not wanted to get into any prophectic discussions here, for the most part, seeing how so many posters can heap so much ridicule on those they disagree with.

But just the same. What makes you think that I hold a pre-trib rapture view because I want to escape trials and testing?

BTW . . . Jesus taught . . . "lead us not into peirasmos - testings and trials and temptations. So, is there a problem with that anyway?

But seriously, that aside, why would you think this to be my motive for holding the view I hold? Could it not simply be the result of my honest and open study?

Much love!
Mark

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Rapture and Dispensationalism are used in a disparaging way in the very first sentence. That is the them of this thread. Failed prophecies are the supposed proof of this.

Dispensationl and Rapture bashing is the purpose of this thread.

Stranger

Okay, but I did not read it that way at all.