Failed Prophecies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I do prefer books with pictures over all those pages of letters that make up sensitives...sentinels...sentry twenty one...strings of words.
I have some avenues of access to download books that would otherwise have pushed my library into the thousands of dollars. (I think it was *Stranger* who just made fun of me for that a little earlier in this thread.)

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that you are the one who first brought the word rapture into this thread.o_O

You believe wrong. It is in the OP.

I thought some of you might get a kick out of this excerpt from an old book I almost forgot I had.

Failed Prophecies

What's a failed prophet to do? What would you do? Since 1855, dispensationalism's supposed experts in "fulfilled prophecy in our day” have told millions of their followers (i.e., victims) that the Rapture was just around the corner because Russia ("Magog") will soon invade Israel. Then came the establishment of the nation of Israel on May 14, 1948. The generation of the fig tree had begun! Only 40 more years until the Millennium! Only 33 more years until the absolutely Secret Rapture! 1981 is coming! Get ready! Get Set!......................................................................."

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is uproarious how much power some people here bestow upon me. I simply posted what I found to be a pretty humorous little excerpt from an old book I ran across, and several people seem to feel I reached in their ribcage and ripped out their heart.
If Jesus was sitting enthroned there, you'd be completely powerless to do that...just sayin' LOL

Reactions: Willie T

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have some avenues of access to download books that would otherwise have pushed my library into the thousands of dollars. (*Stranger* just made fun of me for that a little earlier in this thread.)
I'm picturing you in a long trenchcoat and sunglasses leaning over and saying "***pssst*** hey buddy, wanna buy some obscure religious paraphernalia cheap?" :cool:

Reactions: amadeus

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Camping not an expert but an idiot.

I would not go so far as to call him an idiot, just a misguided and deluded prophet, no more or less than the others mentioned. Most were more science fiction writers than they were prophets (teachers) of the Lord.

It is obviously unbiblical to make any predictions-- period.

Yes its true it would not be biblical to make a “prediction” per say, a mere guess, which is pretty much what most of these blind guides have done, but to say that God has not recorded the times and the seasons for specific events to take place would be to deny prophecy altogether. There are many prophecies found in the scriptures which point to specific events and dates, however these are not meant for the skeptic or the mere curiosity seeker but only for the Lord’s true children and only then in their “due season”.

See our blog post entitled, “Date Setting”, for more on this.

All the mockers of the Pre-trib belief ....just predicted in Bible scripture. The more hate poured towards the pre-tribbers the more I look up with joy for His appearing! :D

I myself believe in the pre-tribulation translation of the Church, but I don’t believe in the “rapture theory” as is commonly taught by the professing church.

As a Bible Student we believe that there are several key prophecies which point to the date of our Lord’s return, NOT to the specific day or the hour, but to the year. But of course that's a whole nether study.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen...I can agree with that. :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
There you are with your insults again.
Whom I referred to as idiots? anyone who says the world is ending on Tues for example , or who claims the rapture is going to be on this day or that day---that's who.
Idiot=fool
so, you're calling ppl fools, yet you also firmly envision the end of the world, someday, and i tell you that that is only, strictly, bc you have not left it yet. See you have the same vision that everyone else in the world does, Iow you like them post-apocalyptic movies like everyone else--don't bother lying ok, i do too even, i'm still a raging hypocrite too, ok--and i could go on, i could describe your life to a T bro, so close it would prolly shock even you, just say the word and i will. It isn't even hard or a gift, it's simply that what you have confessed reveals what you are ok, and what you are, must be doing. As i write every single door to the Erets in your house is locked, prolly twice even lol, you surely have pets, right, you got some little religious icon right near the front door, see, if i were a realtor doing a walk-through i would not be able to discern a single difference between you and your neighbors on either side, whom you likely do not know their names even. Maybe their first names. Bro i could believe it or not craft an email that you would open, and thereby get access to your camera, and describe the inside of your house to you, ok, and how much would you pay for that? lol. Hell Son, your dang homepage on this Christian site is even locked lol, wth are you so afraid of? Anyway? God is going to take you when He is ready, see, and all them locks are not gonna save you bro
It is only a fool who claims to know what Jesus said even the Son didn't know the time or the hour.

Matt 24:36 "36 No one knows about that day or the hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but ONLY the FATHER. 37As it was in the days of Noah, so will i
Acts 1:17
Jesus replied, "It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by His own authority.
yes, ty, no one knows if you will ever see Christ come in the clouds with your Eye, see, therefore no one can say that time or day, even the Son, Who is after all God, right, Who knows everything? Why do you get all literal here when you got all offended before when i took you literally? Fwiw you and i, believe it or not we are the same, and we would get along great irl Bc i would not be acting like this with you There, and i would be letting you carry on There just like you surely do here, with your Hegelian perspective, and it would even afford me a comfy side-job prolly see. No, guess not, but the point i mean to make is that irl i would be forgiving you, and i forgive you here too ok, for calling my brothers that are after all just like us "fools," bc you don't know any better and obv neither do i huh. So i hope you forgive me ok, for letting my woman have her say in Church. Have a nice day

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Probably folks we should pray for . Not ridicule or look down on . Note also many of those that published believed what they wrote many also were just out to make a buck . Their are all types out there . One thing they all had in common is they all went far beyond what basic dispensational theology teaches . Meaning they weren’t really as well versed in the theological beliefs they claimed to represent .
This is coming from a pseudo Amillennialist here . I don’t agree with dispensational theology still my brothers that do still have my respect.
Blessings
Bill
Man, i sure wish you could teach me that. I think. Not sure "respect" is what we should be doing there, but i get you. I think. Love at least, whatever that is.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The reason why I and others believe in the Pre-Trib Rapture as well as some form of dispensationalism, is that it makes the most sense in terms of the whole of Scripture. It makes it possible to understand how some things that seem contradictory are really not. Mortal man is governed by time and, in fact, mankind may always be governed by time (the closing paragraphs of Revelation speak of "a new crop of fruit on the Tree of Life, every month").
So garbage and gold lol, just like me i guess. If you were to maybe seek an improved def of "tribulation" that is not so literal and way more personal, and pertinent to you, all that "pre-Trib-post-a-millennial" yap that every other deceived believer spouts would go away too, ok, and you wouldn't have to lock your doors any more out of fear. Bc believe it or not i live in Flint herenow--murder Cap of the world or whatever--on the East Side no less, and i got a sign on my front door says "Come on in, the door is unlocked, try it and see, smiley face."

And i meant it in a nice way--this is a depressed area, and i came here to help start a like a mission kinda, Flintopia we call it, but i guess it isn't read like that lol. Matter of fact i think ima go make it even bigger today, poster-sized, Bc it's kinda small right now. Ok bye

ps and when you go searching, not Funtopia, not The Flintopia, those are the ppl who bought it from us, the ones further down

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Concerning “some people” , and those who derail a thread and continually bleat on , holding the thread hostage ... off topic ...
Dont forget ,the Ignore works. And it makes for a much more pleasant Site. :)
I love you :)

but yknow what, there is a time for stuff, a time for everything i guess right, and not meaning to disagree with you, "ignore" is likely what you should be doing here if you felt led to do that ok, but i would also encourage you, specifically, to not be too afraid to piss some ppl off ok, Bc coming from you that would sure carry some ooomph lol. Ppl would be like Damn and perking up and paying attn then i bet, i tell you what

Reactions: amadeus and Acolyte

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
They think of the Rapture as a return, but His feet never touch the ground--we meet Him in the air--perhaps even in the upper atmosphere or further away. In that regard, if your friend says that he/she has to leave but will return shortly, and then he/she stops three blocks away and calls you to come meet him/her there, unlikely you would call it a "return".
Disney puttin on Productions like that fer yer kids right now, as we speak, huh?
Cmon sweetie pluck that eye out ok, you can do it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes, the Rapture is a calling out. It is not Christ returning to.

Stranger
If only you could Quote that, huh? Guess you got caught up huh bro. How weird is it that if you just took some shrooms or something you would prolly stop all that trippy talk lol. Take enough to throw up too, ok, get it out of you. Shrooms are what is it? to you, right. Just bc you are a raging Hegelian i will say that even your Snake on a Pole buddies, your Docta--and i mean yours, specifically, one of your several ones i mean, any one, how many you got anyway lol, five prolly--will tell you that LSD therapy is legit now, it's an Rx even, illegal and an Rx too, what a hoot lol. They're coming for you brah,
IMG_0056.GIF
and i mean AM, today, right now, as we speak. For you, specifically, they are coming.
Ok have a nice day ok. You approach that Oriental Guy yet? Ha he scares you to death, huh, you hate that guy now doncha bro. They are going to eat you alive if you do not change your mind, ok brother?