Faith Healing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
I'm sure that's what it's called. It's when parents refuse to take their very sick child to the doctor because by asking for a professional doctor to cure their child would be doubting in God's ability to heal them. Many children have died because of this. From things that in the 21st century in a first world country where we can actually deal with diseases.

I've never personally met anyone who would do such a thing, so what are your views on this?

And while we are at it, whose against having people get vaccinated? For whatever reason.

Quantrill

Nov 29, 2013
Texas
Ernest T. Bass said:
There are no miraculous healings/signs today. Miraculous signs were for a particular time and purpose that has long past, 1 Cor 13, Eph 4.

Why don't you explain how these verses teach healing and miraculous signs are long past ? I don't see it.

Quantrill

Tropical Islander

Dec 20, 2013
I have a vast personal experience with "professional doctors" - never met so many amateurs in my life that also for the most part did lie to me in my life.

also have a lot personal experience with asking the Creator's help of the physical body and soul of the human body. If you have a problem, why not go directly to the source?

So I would absolutely recommend to talk with the latter in any such case. Huge difference in healings, no drugs used, no side effects, and the healing is always permanent.

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
Tropical Islander said:
I have a vast personal experience with "professional doctors" - never met so many amateurs in my life that also for the most part did lie to me in my life.

also have a lot personal experience with asking the Creator's help of the physical body and soul of the human body. If you have a problem, why not go directly to the source?

So I would absolutely recommend to talk with the latter in any such case. Huge difference in healings, no drugs used, no side effects, and the healing is always permanent.

If by healing you mean many children dead, then I guess...

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I prefer to trust God and to do business with my doctor when I know I need something. Aside from prescribing antibiotics and removing parts of your body, they can do little more than give you questionable diagnosis's.

Reactions: KingJ

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
lforrest said:
I prefer to trust God and to do business with my doctor when I know I need something. Aside from prescribing antibiotics and removing parts of your body, they can do little more than give you questionable diagnosis's.
I suppose for minor things like a small cold that would work out okay since chances are you'll just heal on your own. But when it comes to things like measels and tumors a person should be taken to the doctor.

Tropical Islander

Dec 20, 2013
snr5557 said:
No, personal experiences means just that, exqactly what it says.

Healed from going to die, the opposite of what you "guessed"

Thanks to Jesus Christ, have you heard of Him?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
snr5557 said:
I suppose for minor things like a small cold that would work out okay since chances are you'll just heal on your own. But when it comes to things like measels and tumors a person should be taken to the doctor.
And how would that work?

For the measels you would go to go to the doctor, get your misdiagnosis, take some useless antibiotics, get worse, go back to the doctor, get the correct diagnosis, then wait for your body to heal itself.

If you get a tumor, and it is in a place that makes it possible to be removed, then your fortunate that there are some doctors skilled in butchery.. I mean surgery.

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
Tropical Islander said:
No, personal experiences means just that, exqactly what it says.

Healed from going to die, the opposite of what you "guessed"

Thanks to Jesus Christ, have you heard of Him?
No no, I've never heard of Jesus. I've only posted questions from the Bible, purposefully found a Christian site, where a main part of being a Christian is to believe in Jesus. *Said in a very sarcastic voice*

"So I would absolutely recommend to talk with the latter in any such case. Huge difference in healings, no drugs used, no side effects, and the healing is always permanent."

I was referring to this statement here. As in, don't go to doctors "in any such case".
lforrest said:
And how would that work?

For the measels you would go to go to the doctor, get your misdiagnosis, take some useless antibiotics, get worse, go back to the doctor, get the correct diagnosis, then wait for your body to heal itself.

If you get a tumor, and it is in a place that makes it possible to be removed, then your fortunate that there are some doctors skilled in butchery.. I mean surgery.

...I don't even know how to respond to this. I can't believe you don't believe in modern medicine.

Doctors aren't superhuman. Will they make mistakes from time to time, sure. But, if it weren't for doctors many thousands of people would be dead or in the process of dying.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
snr5557 said:
...I don't even know how to respond to this. I can't believe you don't believe in modern medicine.

Doctors aren't superhuman. Will they make mistakes from time to time, sure. But, if it weren't for doctors many thousands of people would be dead or in the process of dying.
I believe in results, so far God has shown me better so I trust him more. I'll still go to the doctor, but with much skepticism concerning their capabilities.

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
lforrest said:
I believe in results, so far God has shown me better so I trust him more. I'll still go to the doctor, but with much skepticism concerning their capabilities.

Ok. So for when you're sick you will use the doctor with reservation. But, when parents refuse to take their children to a doctor when they have things such as measles don't you feel that's irresponsible? Those children died senseless deaths.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
snr5557 said:
Ok. So for when you're sick you will use the doctor with reservation. But, when parents refuse to take their children to a doctor when they have things such as measles don't you feel that's irresponsible? Those children died senseless deaths.
Everyone trusts God to different degrees, these people put their health in his hands. I can understand trusting God with your health, because it is an area mostly outside of your control. .

How much do you trust him, and in what areas of your life? Where do you draw the line?

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
lforrest said:
Everyone trusts God to different degrees, these people put their health in his hands. I can understand trusting God with your health, because it is an area mostly outside of your control. .

How much do you trust him, and in what areas of your life? Where do you draw the line?
It's one thing for your own personal health, just not a child's.

I trust God that He brought people to the medical profession to help others. I trust that they have gotten years of education and training to get to where they are.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
snr5557 said:
This was a terrible comment to make snr5557
Try reading what Tropical says about personal experience,
You have cynical opinions and show a lack of faith in prayer and the word, but if you are a new Christian this is forgiven because you will grow in wisdom over time.

No matter the excuse you made about thinking he was talking about Kids dying because of stupid parents, if you had read and thought properly about what he was saying you would not have made that assumption.

Listen and heed what James is saying in this scripture below, try and do it without anger towards me and ignorance in your heart.

James 1:5-8
New International Version (NIV)

[SIZE=.75em]5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God,[/SIZE][SIZE=.65em](A)[/SIZE] who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.[SIZE=.65em](B)[/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt,[/SIZE][SIZE=.65em](C)[/SIZE] because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. [SIZE=.75em]7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 [/SIZE]Such a person is double-minded[SIZE=.65em](D)[/SIZE] and unstable[SIZE=.65em](E)[/SIZE] in all they do.

I have a lot of personal experience with both the power of prayer and healing faith.
Its not always in Gods plan that a person lives out their years no matter their age, the healing prayer is not just for the healing of that person but for the increase of faith amongst those who reach out and pray in line with Gods will as the body of Christ.
We go to Christ in the Spirit as one people in prayer and we including the one we pray for is strengthened with or without the actual pysical healing taking place.
I had the blessing of being involved in the healing prayer of my best friend just recently, and we all felt the Holy Spirit fill his lounge room that day and we continued to prayer fervently as a family everyday leading up to his passing.
Not one of us including him lost anything by doing so. His bowel cancer was too far gone for the doctors and prayer was all we had, not one of us had any doubt that he would be healed, but in the process it was all of us being healed and our faiths strengthened through the coming together in Christs name.
My best friend died having been the one to bring us all closer to God over those long weeks and he truly blessed in the end with the ultimate reward of heaven and an end to his suffering.
Our prayers were answered and our faith strengthened.

we cannot assume we understand what those parents had to actually go through, we only hear the negative anti Christian propaganda.
If those parents are at fault then they will be dealt with by God in Gods way, its not for us to judge but God alone.

peace and Grace to you.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Quantrill said:
Why don't you explain how these verses teach healing and miraculous signs are long past ? I don't see it.

Quantrill
The purpose of miraculous signs was to confirm and reveal the complete (perfect) word of God. God's word was completely revealed by the end of the first century with John writing Revelation so the signs ceased, vanished away as Paul said they would in 1 Cor 13

Reactions: Poppin

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
Ernest T. Bass said:
The purpose of miraculous signs was to confirm and reveal the complete (perfect) word of God. God's word was completely revealed by the end of the first century with John writing Revelation so the signs ceased, vanished away as Paul said they would in 1 Cor 13
You are making a theoretical argument, not a scriptural one, so how can you claim that we have the "perfect knowledge" that Paul is speaking about? Perfect knowledge would exclude the necessity of resorting to theories. A scriptural argument on the other hand would be something like "God's gifts and calling are irrevocable".

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
UppsalaDragby said:
You are making a theoretical argument, not a scriptural one, so how can you claim that we have the "perfect knowledge" that Paul is speaking about? Perfect knowledge would exclude the necessity of resorting to theories. A scriptural argument on the other hand would be something like "God's gifts and calling are irrevocable".
If you are referring to 1 Cor 13:8 Paul list three supernatural signs, knowledge here refers to the supernatural, cf 1 Cor 12:8 not common knowledge.

Reactions: Poppin

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
Ernest T. Bass said:
If you are referring to 1 Cor 13:8 Paul list three supernatural signs, knowledge here refers to the supernatural, cf 1 Cor 12:8 not common knowledge.
I am talking about your claims that the gifts would cease with the cannonization of the NT. Nothing in 1 Cor 13 tells us that the completion of scripture was what Paul was referring to.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
UppsalaDragby said:
I am talking about your claims that the gifts would cease with the cannonization of the NT. Nothing in 1 Cor 13 tells us that the completion of scripture was what Paul was referring to.
1 Cor 13:8,9,10 the word perfect as used in the KJV means whole complete revealed word of God contrasted to it just be in part at the time Paul wrote this epistle

Paul says the same thing in Eph 4. Verse 8 Christ gave gifts unto men, the purpose of these gifts is in verse 12. Then in v13 he tells us how long these gifts would last: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God

"Till" is a time limiting word, these signs last till they fulfill their purpose.

"unity" means wholeness or oneness

"the faith" refers the one NT system of faith found throughout the NT from Matthew to Revelation. As Jude said to contend for "the faith" Jude 1:3 and Paul preached "the faith" Gal 1:23

So Paul said these gifts would last TILL there was a wholeness/oneness of that NT system of faith. It was completed with John writing Revelation in about 95AD.