Faith healings don't happen anymore; can you prove otherwise? (Either the age has passed or it has not)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the 15 years I have been on this forum I also have had people get on my case about what I believed and what I was doing, but I never have put anyone on ignore. God may work through me to help someone.
exactly my friend . Folks are so fast to just put anyone they dont like on ignore .
GOD is in control my friend . THey can put me on ignore all day . It wont stop me from praying for them
and still being at work doing as i am led to do . We never know do we my friend . Yep .
Now raise those hands and praise the glorious LORD my friend . HE IS OUR HOPE , HE IS OUR SALVATION

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think its frustrating when someone puts out strong beliefs but then deflect challenges on those beliefs by saying everything is subjective and that its all a matter of opinion, @MatthewG.

If you didn't think you were right, you wouldn't have mentioned anything. Ideally, either admit that others have a point, or defend your statement with good ideas. By not doing either one, it's like speaking into the wind because whenever things get dicey, you can always just say "well no ones right" and get out of having to defend your point.

Reactions: amadeus

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that my pastor's father did have the gift of healing. He did heal many people as witnessed by many people. Those people may all be dead now, but my old pastor was still alive as testifying to it until he died at the age of 97 this past November.
Thats right my friend . And now he rests in CHRIST . His mission , his pilgram in this land is done .
Its us who are still here that must carry on in the things of the LORD , till we too depart this earth .
Which by the looks of things , wont be much longer . Now raise those hands and praise and thank the glorious LORD .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one cares about testimony
I care about testimony as I do about praying. I skip a lot of posts on this forum because they are overwhelming in number, but I try to read all prayer requests and testimonies and praises. There are a few other people here, I believe, who try to do the same.
Still a long road to go on the road to recovery, maybe a year would be good maybe 10. All my life was spent using drugs, and running away from problems, and hating on people to no end until JEsus came along.
I appreciate your testimony, Matthew, but even if I doubted the truth of it, I would hold my tongue before expressing such a doubt to others.

We believe in God and God works in miracles. What is a miracle to God? Consider the following event where his opposers said that Jesus blasphemed:

Mt 9:2And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.
Mt 9:3And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, This man blasphemeth.
Mt 9:4And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?
Mt 9:5For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk?
Mt 9:6But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.
Mt 9:7And he arose, and departed to his house.

Reactions: dev553344

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think its frustrating when someone puts out strong beliefs but then deflect challenges on those beliefs by saying everything is subjective and that its all a matter of opinion, @MatthewG.

If you didn't think you were right, you wouldn't have mentioned anything. Ideally, either admit that others have a point, or defend your statement with good ideas. By not doing either one, it's like speaking into the wind because whenever things get dicey, you can always just say "well no ones right" and get out of having to defend your point.

Cant trust me.

Everyone lives their life subjectively before God.

That is just the reality of it, Wynona. You can't live my life for me before him.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus

I mean to say my testimony.

I respect people and there testimony it depends on how long it can be though...

sometiems people jsut want the attention to themselves.
Amen, my friend and brother in Christ. Do not ever stop saying your testimony.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great everyone

thank you for all your comments

just dont play with snakes you might get bite and die from the bite.

@amadeus hey brother we still christian,

@dev553344

@Wynona

and whoever else.

Amazing that God loves all of us without respecting one above the other for all are one in Christ.

Amen.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus

I mean to say my testimony.

I respect people and there testimony it depends on how long it can be though...

sometiems people jsut want the attention to themselves.
Amen, my friend and brother in Christ. Do not ever stop saying your testimony.
Great everyone

thank you for all your comments

just dont play with snakes you might get bite and die from the bite.

@amadeus hey brother we still christian,

@dev553344

@Wynona

and whoever else.

Amazing that God loves all of us without respecting one above the other for all are one in Christ.

Amen.
Amen indeed!

Reactions: Nancy and MatthewG

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cant trust me.

Everyone lives their life subjectively before God.

That is just the reality of it, Wynona. You can't live my life for me before him.
So I can't really tell you anything, right? No one can, if everything is subjective.

However, I don't think anyone actually believes that or can operate in a way that is totally consistent with that. We were made for truth.

Reactions: amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I can't really tell you anything, right? No one can, if everything is subjective.

However, I don't think anyone actually believes that or can operate in a way that is totally consistent with that. We were made for truth.

Oh I am very good at keeping personal information to myself.

There is objective and subjective truth.

Just because you don't believe someone can operate that way, doesn't mean it is so.

There are literally 1,000 commandments in the New Testament, and you could tell me you live by every single one of them however, I doubt anyone does really live by those 1,000 commandments truly at all (maybe some but not everyone).

Therefore everyone lives their life subjectively by (if they are a Christian) they believe in the resurrection of Christ - and they live in faith and by the spirit, and subjectively by what they deem applicable in their lives they should live by, with use of the bible.

No one is over them, except God and they live as they will, without any over their life to demand they must do this or they must do that.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also @Wynona, yes I did start this thread and I do believe that the gifts of the spirit have ceased, but that doesn't exclude loving those who say it still exist, but there was a historical narrative tried to be addressed but it always gets looked over, and always relapses back to the surface of...

"Jesus said so" therefore it is, or must be so.

I dont doubt Jesus, but the people he was talking to is very specific, and it would be different it if had my name in there or if it had those who live in America or other Nations, are able to do such and such, which I do not find in the scripture anywhere.

Its only assumed to be possible.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Faith healings don't happen anymore"

How would you know that? lol

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is objective and subjective truth.
Right. Which means everything is not subjective, which is what you said earlier.

No one is over them, except God and they live as they will, without any over their life to demand they must do this or they must do that.
Oh, no doubt that people are going to do what they want. Control over adults is an illusion.

We can only influence people, maybe, at best.

Please don't take this as a diss. You are my brother and I care about you.

I do want to point out that although you say the Christian life is subjective, you are very stubborn about your beliefs about Christianity. You seem to want people to not be so narrow. But you don't seem willing to be proven wrong. Its as if you want people to either agree or leave you alone without challenging your beliefs.

Im not saying its wrong to be stubborn about beliefs. But it is a double standard to do so but then criticize people for also defending their beliefs strongly.

Reactions: Nancy

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also @Wynona, yes I did start this thread and I do believe that the gifts of the spirit have ceased, but that doesn't exclude loving those who say it still exist, but there was a historical narrative tried to be addressed but it always gets looked over, and always relapses back to the surface of...

"Jesus said so" therefore it is, or must be so.

I dont doubt Jesus, but the people he was talking to is very specific, and it would be different it if had my name in there or if it had those who live in America or other Nations, are able to do such and such, which I do not find in the scripture anywhere.

Its only assumed to be possible.
By that logic, how do you know any of the commands of the Bible apply to you?

Because Jesus didn't say specifically, "MatthewG, love your enemy." we would have to assume Jesus wasn't addressing you on that or anything else.

If Jesus was only talking to specific groups at a specific time, how do you know which things apply and which don't?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What else are you gonna test the spirit of what people may say.

Some may say well matthew you dont believe Jesus cause you dont believe you can heal,

well I never healed anyone... therefore I dont believe those things exist.

Only thing that was ever healed with my Heart, @Wynona. That was why I put that out there like I did...

the only healing that really matters is a broken person who is renewed but yet humble before God in there flesh, by the spirit.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calling me stubborn doesn't help at all @Wynona.

I have yet to call anyone here stubborn or that they are not Christian.

Therefore those remarks are uncalled for, especially as a staff memember in my opinion, on a Christian website.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calling me stubborn doesn't help at all @Wynona.

I have yet to call anyone here stubborn or that they are not Christian.

Therefore those remarks are uncalled for, especially as a staff memember in my opinion, on a Christian website.
I never said you weren't Christian. I also said theres nothing wrong with being stubborn by itself.

You are taking what I said a bit harshly. Ill just leave you alone for a while. I hope with time, you can see I wasn't trying to simply put you down.

Reactions: Nancy

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said you weren't Christian. I also said theres nothing wrong with being stubborn by itself.

You are taking what I said a bit harshly. Ill just leave you alone for a while. I hope with time, you can see I wasn't trying to simply put you down.

I dont think you were trying to put me down but you seem to be ignorant of what subjectivity is, or you dont understand how to apply it.

Test it by the spirit...

Try to go heal someone.

See what happens, dont lose hope if you are unsuccessful.