Fave version of Hallelujah :)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not positive of the number, but I think, over the years, Cohen, himself, made several versions.... not to mention all the versions other people made because Cohen was swindled out of the copyright protection by a guy I think was his "trusted" manager at the time.

But, I agree, Cohen does it best!

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not positive of the number, but I think, over the years, Cohen, himself, made several versions.... not to mention all the versions other people made because Cohen was swindled out of the copyright protection by a guy I think was his "trusted" manager at the time.

"Trusted" ha! Such a corrupt world we live in.

Reactions: Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, I am not sure, but I think this was his original. You can tell how much younger the voice sounds. (However, I like the gravely voice of the 1985 [I think it was] London version better.)

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, I am not sure, but I think this was his original. You can tell how much younger the voice sounds. (However, I like the gravely voice of the 1985 [I think it was] London version better.)

Oh my yes, I can hear how young his voice sounded. I once heard that Hallelujah is the highest form of worship there is...not sure what that entails though but, love this song! All I know about him is that he is from Canada and was Jewish? Also, there is a 2005 movie about him.

Reactions: Willie T

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

It always gives me goose bumps whoever sings it!! But yes...His is the best ...

Reactions: Nancy and Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my yes, I can hear how young his voice sounded. I once heard that Hallelujah is the highest form of worship there is...not sure what that entails though but, love this song! All I know about him is that he is from Canada and was Jewish? Also, there is a 2005 movie about him.
"Hallelujah", as I understand is also a universal word, in that almost all languages employ it.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen