Favorite animal?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would love to have one of these tiny pets:
pygmy-marmoset-4%25255B6%25255D.jpg
They take a lot of time and effort to deal with such as that, they wreck everything in the house, I remember my mums friend had one back in the 60's. cool tho ! I don't think you can have one as a pet in Australia tho.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They all have personality's. some good, some bad, some mean, some loving. kind of like people.
Must be something in the water.:contemplate:
There are YouTube videos of people who have pumas and leopards for pets. I can’t stop watching them! But I do keep thinking I might read a headline some day: pet puma eats his owner…:oops:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kittens. Is there anything cuter?View attachment 28639
Back in the 70's/80's my best friend and I had a mutual friend who was cat crazy. We would goof with her about it...all in love and fun! We came up with different words to the song "Feelings". It started out: "Felines, nothing more than, felines. Trying to forget the felines .... do not remember but...we all laughed :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eagles are really awesome to watch. Just looking at them you really see how mature and majestic they really are. They are so serious and like the big brother of the bird kingdom. Other birds are always harassing them, they usually just ignore them and evade. But the crows really don't like them for sure.

The one that landed in the middle of the street the other day was enormous. I didn't see him until it was too late and had approached too close. He tried to peel the road kill from the pavement but didn't succeed and two crows were attacking and harassing him so he quickly lifted off. But his trajectory was right at me. I thought I was perhaps too close and was about to get attacked. But then at the last moment he veered off and over the fence next to me.

The guys at the hardware store across the street were saying how they would have been scared. I kinda let out this fearful nervous chuckle. They have really powerful talons.
Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They all have personality's. some good, some bad, some mean, some loving. kind of like people.
Must be something in the water.:contemplate:
It’s like they have memories and trauma that affects their character. Of course a whole lot of love could change it around. There some people that train their dogs to fight and go dog fighting. Or chickens to chicken fight. Vicious is the darkness.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to the group,

Really interesting comments and sharing of different animals.

My favorite animal is the cat, my mothers is dogs. She actually owns a shop and cuts and cleans dogs, or cats up for people who set up an appointment with her.

Also birds are very interesting. Parakeets, cockatoos, sunbirds, finch, blue jays, red cardinals, cranes, flamingos.

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The story underneath the picture started out with, "Zookeeper in coma after being bitten by king cobra".
I don't trust wild animals at all. They seem to have this anti-human behavior that is instinctual. I know some people think it's brave to handle serpents. There is a story about a church that handles serpents. And they have had like 12 people bit where they needed medical attention. The pastor died too eventually. Strange. Snake-Handling Pentecostal Pastor Dies From Snake Bite

Reactions: MatthewG

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't trust wild animals at all. They seem to have this anti-human behavior that is instinctual. I know some people think it's brave to handle serpents. There is a story about a church that handles serpents. And they have had like 12 people bit where they needed medical attention. The pastor died too eventually. Strange. Snake-Handling Pentecostal Pastor Dies From Snake Bite
They're actually getting that from Mark 16:17-18:

"These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not harm them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Ehhhh, I don't know about picking up serpents. Classmate of mine had a pet boa constrictor, brought it in for show-and-tell in the fourth grade. He was a nice snake.

koda5-jpg.19236

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same pet store that had the Toucan also had pet tarantulas:

b267c656d17002a02f79e87c844781d8-1024x576.jpg
Spiders are the only thing that creeps me out. I used to catch lizzards and snakes when I was a kid and I liked handling them. But you wouldn't find a spider in my hand at any time. LOL.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
b01206195f18560424d212d5d83ee06d.jpg

And Toucans. I saw one for sale in a pet store down in Florida. Looked pretty messy, though.
That looks a small apple in its mouth, that beak structure is powerful for breaking open things.

Reactions: dev553344