Favorite Horror movie

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This one is hard for me I think the Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th series, and Halloween series (even Halloween 3 :) )

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ooh boy,.. there's so many to choose from,.. probably Carrie. :D

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I am a goofball I do have a very favorite horror movie Maximum Overdrive

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a good idea for a horror movie where the good guys win, I haven't written it out yet. It involves St. Micheal whip Satan's butt

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Exorcist is pretty much a good versus evil movie. :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was super scared the first time I watched it,.. now I sort of have become immune to it lol

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Poltergeist 2. The Poltergeist comes to the door, singing a song, god is in his holy temple hush be silent now ect.
The poltergeist asks, I believe you have an Indian living with you. Taylor !
Ah ! is that what he calls himself now is it, ay and then he asks let me in, lets talk about it, let me in, let me in ! before it's too late !!

I think it gives me a laugh as a mate and I played with such sort of, old mate got a doll his gran made him and when I lived with him, that doll would move about from day to day, I would move it one night and he another and point such out in the morning. look !
He tried to rip it apart one night but could not at all. but one week we looked after a blokes house out in the swamp and mate brought this doll and left it their and some months later he got it back from that dude who did not want it at all, he was scared of it we claimed, but he put on a brave face on :D;). then one day my mate grabbed hold of it and tore an arm off it with ease and then all of it came apart no problem, we were amazed. we thought that dude maybe had put a hex on it himself or got someone to do it, their was talk of his wife being a witch or into brewing up mushrooms anyway, ether that or all the dope that he smoked out their had effected it.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but I thought that the first Poltergeist was a lot better. Just in my opinion though.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is gremlins considered horror. Haven't seen it yet but we own it. My favorite scene that I have seen is the lady on the chair zooming up the stairs

Reactions: April_Rose

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't watch horror movies.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is gremlins considered horror. Haven't seen it yet but we own it. My favorite scene that I have seen is the lady on the chair zooming up the stairs

Gremlins is a family-friendly classic. It's considered comedy-horror by Wikipedia. I don't usually watch horror movies, but have watched Gremlins and I think I also watched Gremlins 2, those Gremlins sure can be mischievous though. :D

It's kind of at the same level as Ghost-busters, you don't have to be into horror movies to enjoy it and it's worth the watch if you haven't seen it, as I said it's a classic.

images

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Maybe,.. I don't know lol

Why do Christians do that? I’m so sick of seeing it that my Faith is failing.Sitting in some high seat flaunting an image of how rotten others are and how holy we are. It is BS. Having horrible relationships and talking so ugly to one another yet then going around boasting how we have all the answers and know relationship better than any others and know how to fix them. Does Christianity cause snouty? How does it make us feel, what do we gain by sitting there in our good seat saying how Christian we are, and how others have ‘one foot’ in both worlds. We want the flesh and beg for the flesh ‘healers of flesh’ and then turn around touting loudly how they are the ones after the flesh and some kind of praise. Criticizing those who watch scary movies as ‘unsaved’, yet after demons and evil all day long to puff ourselves up as the slayers of it. Snouty. Cold. Unemphatic. Self concerning. Self promoting. self righteous bologna to make others feel a little more lower than they already do, while hoisting ourselves higher.

Yeah I know, just because we're Christians we're regular people like everybody else and we all have our likes and dislikes. It sort of gets annoying but I've gotten used to it and just try to show them grace and be polite as possible since they're entitled to their opinion too. Everybody's walk is different that's all.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't watch horror movies.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8
Horror movies have always bored me when I watched them. I find them unrealistic. I don't think dwelling on the purely imaginary is good for our mental health.

There are people with strong imaginations, and that can be good -- if they use that gift to imagine good things that are possible and then take steps to make them happen. We are wasting our imaginations if we let them dwell on the impossible, the frightening, the violent, or the immoral.

The Dark Side also sometimes uses our imaginations to make things happen . . . without our consciously being aware of what is going on. When The Exorcist came out, lots of people got fascinated by it and the number of people who were deemed to be possessed went way up. People were imagining that the Devil had lots of power -- and by imagining it, they were making it so.

Surely I believe that people can be possessed; but I don't think it should be something made into a form of entertainment. I was with a girl when a demon came out of her -- it wasn't pleasant -- but that was real. Why would I participate in that? I could "imagine" her without that demon. She'd be better off without it.

How does a doctor set a broken bone? He has to have a "good" picture in his mind of how he wants the bone to be after he sets it and it heals. He can "see" the bone is broken but rejects that picture as a "final state." He has a "better picture" in his mind and knows how to make it come to pass. He can make the "good" idea "true."

We are wasting the gift of imagination God gave us if we dwell too much on negative pictures.

We are wasting it too if we indulge too much in escapism. The imagination of man can change reality for the better. If we don't like the reality around us, the healthy impulse is to change it. There is a trap waiting to snare us if we begin to enjoy fictional worlds too much because we don't like the real world.

Reactions: Josho and Pearl