Favorite Horror movie

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL! What's up with the hyper speed version? Apparently they found the original tempo a little too laid be back, LoL.

Makes me wanna do the chicken dance. ;)

Your wish is my command. :D

Like I said before, you have to learn how to ignore these people or even put them on ignore because they'll keep pestering you no matter how you respond to them. It doesn't matter what they think of you and their continuous criticism is nothing more than background noise. April Rose, just remember the teacher on Charlie Brown. FWIW, I've expounded further on this issue in more detail in one of the other threads here.

I know,.. I saw that. :D

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
seen all of those a long time ago (when I was a teen). For me it is character development which kind of lacks in horror movies. The walking dead ... Do not know if you consider that horror but I’ve watched every episode because of an attachment to the characters. Do not know if you watch it but the scene where the mother laid her infant in the open field with the dead and the deaf girl risked her life to run in to save the infant; how they took you to what the deaf girl was hearing which was silence as she ran in through the walking dead to get the child...it still gets me.

I like the walking dead and don't know if it's considered horror. I do like the character development. I have watched the walking dead from the beginning. That was a great scene and got to me and my wife too

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I like the walking dead and don't know if it's considered horror. I do like the character development. I have watched the walking dead from the beginning. That was a great scene and got to me and my wife too

I wonder what some people find so scary about zombies. The apocalyptic theme is cool, but not very frightening.
I think it is psychological, people identify themselves with the zombies.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder what some people find so scary about zombies. The apocalyptic theme is cool, but not very frightening.
I think it is psychological, people identify themselves with the zombies.

Me either, especially the slow ones. I agree with you and it could be the Apocalyptic theme because we all are worried at one time or another it could happen.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Approving of and watching horror movies is akin to loving the darkness!

Yeah whatever blah, blah, blah that's your opinion well guess what,.. (History just use this whenever these people start getting on your nerves. :p) Btw,.. you're free to have your own opinion but please stop trying to change ours.

Reactions: Seven of Nine

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah whatever blah, blah, blah that's your opinion well guess what,.. (History just use this whenever these people start getting on your nerves. :p) Btw,.. you're free to have your own opinion but please stop trying to change ours.

The message of the Gospel goes out for the purpose of changing opinions. If loving darkness in preference to light is the choice why kid yourself and others that the message of Jesus is of value??
Fence sitting deceives the sitter.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I don't get the harm in enjoying something that's not even real.
Very young children are unable to distinguish the differences between fact and fiction. When does a child attain to the place when he can make the distinction? Will not a whole lot of 'good witch' movies fix in his mind that some witches really are good? Is it ever OK to use evil methods to obtain good results?

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" Isaiah 5:20

Reactions: Giuliano

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very young children are unable to distinguish the differences between fact and fiction. [/QUOTE]

So then it should be the parents' job to teach them and we're adults and we know the difference.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then it should be the parents' job to teach them and we're adults and we know the difference.
Perfect parents would do that job perfectly, but how many perfect parents are there? Some people don't grow up in this sense until long after they have reached physical adulthood. Some, perhaps even many, never do!

Reactions: Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The message of the Gospel goes out for the purpose of changing opinions. If loving darkness in preference to light is the choice why kid yourself and others that the message of Jesus is of value??
Fence sitting deceives the sitter.
Isn't the purpose of words to try to change how others think? I already know how I think -- I don't need to talk or write to know how I think.

If someone is following you on the street and I notice it, I might say, "Do you know someone is following you?" I am definitely trying to get you to think something. If you already knew it, fine; but if you weren't aware of it, I'd want you to be. I use words to get the idea across. Then you might surprise me by turning around and telling me you know the person who is a friend. Your words tell me something -- I got an idea from you. If I was worrying about your safety, I can stop.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
an adult in the true sense of the word is one who has left behind childish things ie, matters of immaturity.

One can have had 50 birthdays but still be 15 years old.....How can this be?? It's simple; the accumulating years have been a repeat and another repeat and another repeat......no growth building on itself, just repetition repeating itself.

How does one know......by listening to the content volunteered by the speaker.

Reactions: amadeus

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why soft pedal it Giuliano?.... why not say it does open doors into darker things
A soft word often works better. . . . You won't convince some people using either method -- but at least you can avoid unpleasantness from the people whose minds are completely made up and who despise any attempt to instruct them.

The saying goes, "A word to the wise is sufficient."

Proverbs 12:1 Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth reproof is brutish.

Reactions: amadeus and Josho

Michie

Jun 28, 2020
Indy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1c2ffb7140d14d9744df56f714a797fc.jpg

https://www.pinterest.com/movietavern/