Fear and anxiety in the bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did Jesus teach his disciples not to worry about? Why? What is the root cause of anxiety? How should Christians exercise faith in God under all circumstances?

4fO7ygp.png

Jesus taught his disciples not to worry about food and clothing. Worry here is a worry, anxiety, and insecurity before the needs of life. Jesus used illustrations to teach his disciples to see the deeper causes of anxiety. First, He puts life above the balance between life and food and drinks, between body and clothing, to help them realize what is more precious than life and the body (v. 25). Next, Jesus used two illustrations of the birds of the air and the lily to help his disciples understand that it is God who rules and gives all things. Man has to work, just like the birds of the air have to find their prey, but life does not come from man's individual efforts, but God himself gives and sustains it. Then why should followers of God have to worry about what to wear when God is the keeper of life?

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you"

God tells us "Do not be afraid". Why? "Because I have redeemed you" means "I have paid a price for you." That is what it means to be redeemed. When we think of the word "redemption," we often think of it. This word is repeated in the Bible. What God is telling us in the Old Testament, fulfilled in the very body of Jesus, you and I "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name yours; you are mine." (Isaiah 43:1)

So, if you are facing fear and anxiety, let this permeate, for this is what God is telling us: “you are mine”. Don't get me wrong, we don't care about His ownership but He can do whatever He wants; He is speaking as a bride is talking to her groom or as a groom is speaking to his bride. God says to each of us, “I love you more than you can imagine. We create everything. What I do is complete and it's all up to you. I created you with my will. Not by chance. Please understand that when I say that I have redeemed you, I am not only speaking but acting by shedding my blood. It's because you deserve it. “If you know this truth, all your fears will gradually disappear.

Listen to what God said earlier in the book of Isaiah. Remember that He did not speak only 2,500 years ago, but is speaking to us today: “Say to the cowards: “Be courageous, do not be afraid! Here is your God. He himself will come to save you” (Isaiah 35:4). This shows how much you mean to Him. God has come to the World. He did not come to send an angel, a prophet. But He came to protect us.

We live in a time when there is a lot to worry about. The need for food and clothing is becoming more and more frequent, making people worry about what to eat and what to wear. It is easy for us to let our circumstances control us, and instead of “seeking first God and his righteousness,” we live as people who do not know God. And with a little faith, we forget that the loving God is in control and directs our circumstances. The Christian must live in the belief that no matter what the situation is, a loving God is in control and dominates the situation. Christians must live in the belief that no matter what the circumstances, God still loves and cares for His children. Jesus wants us to live in the spirit of absolute trust in the Father instead of living in anxiety-like everyone else. But saying that does not mean that we live irresponsibly in taking care of our own health or living a lack of awareness in protecting the creatures that God has entrusted to us to manage. We need to live in God-given wisdom to know what to do and what not to do, but above all in a spirit of absolute trust in God.

Again in the book of Isaiah, God says, "Fear not, for I am with you" (41:10) what that means for us right now. No matter what's going on in your life: financial worries, health worries, worries about your children, worries about how you're going to make it through the world with all the changes that follow. your way. in front of you, this is what the Lord says: "Fear not, I am with you, I am with you". This is the God with you, God and Earth, who is fearless, and who is victorious.

Continuing with those words in Isaiah (41:10), God says, “Do not be discouraged, for I am your God.” Because He is our God and we belong to Him, with Him we can deal with anything that may come our way in life right now.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did Jesus teach his disciples not to worry about? Why? What is the root cause of anxiety? How should Christians exercise faith in God under all circumstances?

4fO7ygp.png

Jesus taught his disciples not to worry about food and clothing. Worry here is a worry, anxiety, and insecurity before the needs of life. Jesus used illustrations to teach his disciples to see the deeper causes of anxiety. First, He puts life above the balance between life and food and drinks, between body and clothing, to help them realize what is more precious than life and the body (v. 25). Next, Jesus used two illustrations of the birds of the air and the lily to help his disciples understand that it is God who rules and gives all things. Man has to work, just like the birds of the air have to find their prey, but life does not come from man's individual efforts, but God himself gives and sustains it. Then why should followers of God have to worry about what to wear when God is the keeper of life?

God tells us "Do not be afraid". Why? "Because I have redeemed you" means "I have paid a price for you." That is what it means to be redeemed. When we think of the word "redemption," we often think of it. This word is repeated in the Bible. What God is telling us in the Old Testament, fulfilled in the very body of Jesus, you and I "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name yours; you are mine." (Isaiah 43:1)

So, if you are facing fear and anxiety, let this permeate, for this is what God is telling us: “you are mine”. Don't get me wrong, we don't care about His ownership but He can do whatever He wants; He is speaking as a bride is talking to her groom or as a groom is speaking to his bride. God says to each of us, “I love you more than you can imagine. We create everything. What I do is complete and it's all up to you. I created you with my will. Not by chance. Please understand that when I say that I have redeemed you, I am not only speaking but acting by shedding my blood. It's because you deserve it. “If you know this truth, all your fears will gradually disappear.

Listen to what God said earlier in the book of Isaiah. Remember that He did not speak only 2,500 years ago, but is speaking to us today: “Say to the cowards: “Be courageous, do not be afraid! Here is your God. He himself will come to save you” (Isaiah 35:4). This shows how much you mean to Him. God has come to the World. He did not come to send an angel, a prophet. But He came to protect us.

We live in a time when there is a lot to worry about. The need for food and clothing is becoming more and more frequent, making people worry about what to eat and what to wear. It is easy for us to let our circumstances control us, and instead of “seeking first God and his righteousness,” we live as people who do not know God. And with a little faith, we forget that the loving God is in control and directs our circumstances. The Christian must live in the belief that no matter what the situation is, a loving God is in control and dominates the situation. Christians must live in the belief that no matter what the circumstances, God still loves and cares for His children. Jesus wants us to live in the spirit of absolute trust in the Father instead of living in anxiety-like everyone else. But saying that does not mean that we live irresponsibly in taking care of our own health or living a lack of awareness in protecting the creatures that God has entrusted to us to manage. We need to live in God-given wisdom to know what to do and what not to do, but above all in a spirit of absolute trust in God.

Again in the book of Isaiah, God says, "Fear not, for I am with you" (41:10) what that means for us right now. No matter what's going on in your life: financial worries, health worries, worries about your children, worries about how you're going to make it through the world with all the changes that follow. your way. in front of you, this is what the Lord says: "Fear not, I am with you, I am with you". This is the God with you, God and Earth, who is fearless, and who is victorious.

Continuing with those words in Isaiah (41:10), God says, “Do not be discouraged, for I am your God.” Because He is our God and we belong to Him, with Him we can deal with anything that may come our way in life right now.

No doubt most of us fear what's ahead sis. None of us really want to die, but I am hoping that I do before the tribulation. You and I know what a privilege it would be to survive through it, and we know that many will, but it will be far from pretty. Jehovah is going to allow man to rule until they bring the earth to near extinction before He sends Jesus.

Fear is natural, but if we learned anything about the Exodus, we realize we do not have to worry, as God will take us under His protective wing.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

4fO7ygp.png

We're not supposed to worry about anything (John 14:27). I think our sin is the root cause of our anxiety - when we sin, we fear punishment. In all circumstances we should trust God.

Reactions: Jennifer Rogers

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fear and anxiety is a result of all the chemicals in our food and water as well as way too much technological signals and energy permeating our bodies and environment 24/7.

Having said that, they both can be caused by the demonic as well.

Yes, we should always trust God to protect us and help us with these things.

And STOP eating/drinking caffeinated products of ALL kinds. Caffeine is synthetic now and it is terrible for you.

God bless.

Reactions: Jennifer Rogers

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fear and anxiety is a result of all the chemicals in our food and water as well as way too much technological signals and energy permeating our bodies and environment 24/7.

Having said that, they both can be caused by the demonic as well.

Yes, we should always trust God to protect us and help us with these things.

And STOP eating/drinking caffeinated products of ALL kinds. Caffeine is synthetic now and it is terrible for you.

God bless.
Thank you for your answer. God bless you!