Fear God or Presume acceptance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Being Human? Interesting language. We are human, sinner or saint till we die.

If you do not repent of sin and walk the ways of Jesus, cleansed and purified to walk in life with Him, it is ok to be a sinner and sin. Only in Jesus is cleansing possible and Holiness fulfilled.

And your claim is scripture is wrong because you have met Jesus. So have the apostles and spent 3 years learning from Him.

You have Jesus.

Most folk who take your road end in some personal break down which ends sadly in a heap somewhere.

Content is key. When the storm comes the house falls. It never recovers, which is Jesus's warning and mine.

I ask simply put Jesus's words into action.

I seriously wish you well and pray for you. God bless you
No need to pray for Me Christ is close enough to God.

Never said scripture was wrong, see making false accusations to defend a lie, is the creation greater than the creator,

If God was to speak to you, would that be a delusion, just a voice in your head, would you deny God the right to speak to whom He choose, believer and none believer alike, or does God have to fit into your little box.

Again can God help it that men refuse His voice,

Joh_6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

but than

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

There is a reason why many are no longer posting. Pride is a terrible thing, and as we get older we love our comfort zones, few are willing to walk away from there religions churches family to follow Christ, as HE said,

Mar_7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Praise the Lord for a new day and His word that brings light to our souls. Thank you Jesus for the Holy Spirit that seals our hearts in your love, that sings praises to your name.

Dead men claim only that which they know, yet you anoint us with your peace and joy, for which I praise you Jesus, Amen

New every morning is the blessing of the Lord, amen

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No need to pray for Me Christ is close enough to God.

Never said scripture was wrong, see making false accusations to defend a lie, is the creation greater than the creator,

If God was to speak to you, would that be a delusion, just a voice in your head, would you deny God the right to speak to whom He choose, believer and none believer alike, or does God have to fit into your little box.

Again can God help it that men refuse His voice,

Joh_6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

but than

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

There is a reason why many are no longer posting. Pride is a terrible thing, and as we get older we love our comfort zones, few are willing to walk away from there religions churches family to follow Christ, as HE said,

Mar_7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
God bless you.

I tried once to counsel a guy on a forum. It did not work because the medium is so limited. They needed help and knew it, but needed face to face support. So I appreciate your concern, but I just rejoice in sharing the love of Christ, amen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God bless you.

I tried once to counsel a guy on a forum. It did not work because the medium is so limited. They needed help and knew it, but needed face to face support. So I appreciate your concern, but I just rejoice in sharing the love of Christ, amen
Pleas answer the question. make it real simple, does God speak to man now, yes or no. Isnt hard.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can we know another?

Husbands and wives claim love and yet end in divorce. Brothers and sisters who know each other well fall out.

We can share our walk, our light, yet to say what others see, think, are is dangerous stuff unless it is obvious. So standing over another and saying what they have or have not is unwise and dangerous. If it is thorns and thistles it is not from the Lord

There are many Jesus's in men's mind, but only one true reality. And as Jesus says the pure in heart will see God.

This is so profound. Until we are cleansed all is confusion, claim and counter claim. I have this one reality in that place we see God. So if you are listening seek it out, for the Lord will answer.

God bless you

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Emotional conclusion
We are only human.

I wonder how many know what this means. It is used to excuse sinful desires and actions. In a discussion it is these emotional conclusions that are used to "win" arguments, except only in passing conversation. Here they mean little to those who can see.

Beware the wrong emotional conclusions of this world, and praise God for those of the Kingdom.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Emotional conclusion
We are only human.

I wonder how many know what this means. It is used to excuse sinful desires and actions. In a discussion it is these emotional conclusions that are used to "win" arguments, except only in passing conversation. Here they mean little to those who can see.

Beware the wrong emotional conclusions of this world, and praise God for those of the Kingdom.
No one is offering excuses, how does one excuse grace.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So you do hear His voice. So im not a loony, because If I am that make you one too. So God does speak to men so there are more than just 1% who do hear...
Interesting switch. You claimed a special revelation. I hear in my heart through His word. You say you hear him like people do face to face, like two people physically talking to each other. I have never had this, very few have.

Why read scripture when the source is there, except He provided the word so that we might read and learn,. Even Jesus learnt God's word, though He was God. Odd that if it is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and Nancy

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No one is offering excuses, how does one excuse grace.
Excuse grace? Grace is God's ability to forgive all sin in a believer and lead them on the straight path.

Your grace appears to be forgiveness without repentance and any path you like.

Emotional conclusions about legalism and hypocrites works so easily yet is so transparent. Grace works so we can change, but to deny change is to deny the value of redemption. A lazy servant can abuse but their fate is sealed as if they never began.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What is God's word? Holy scripture bearing fruit in our hearts.

The words themselves are just words on a page, yet in our hearts they are life itself, Christ in dwelling us. God created the world through words and the word who came in human form to dwell with us. Who are we if we dismiss His words for some higher revelation when it is all there if only our hearts could see.

Purity is the key, a cleansed heart, a pure soul singing to the Lord, amen

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Interesting switch. You claimed a special revelation. I hear in my heart through His word. You say you hear him like people do face to face, like two people physically talking to each other. I have never had this, very few have.

Why read scripture when the source is there, except He provided the word so that we might read and learn,. Even Jesus learnt God's word, though He was God. Odd that if it is irrelevant.
So you dont hear from Him you read the bible and think you got it. God never gave us the bible. what did JEsus say of it

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

God gave us JEsus, who laid down His life for us so that we,

Eph_2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Men confuse that what is of this world with that of heaven, what is of God with what is of men, that what is of the Spirit with that what is of the flesh. All you have done so far is clearly deny the spiritual things of God.
God will save whom He will save, how He chooses to save them and He could care less about the wisdom of man.

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is God's word? Holy scripture bearing fruit in our hearts.

The words themselves are just words on a page, yet in our hearts they are life itself, Christ in dwelling us. God created the world through words and the word who came in human form to dwell with us. Who are we if we dismiss His words for some higher revelation when it is all there if only our hearts could see.

Purity is the key, a cleansed heart, a pure soul singing to the Lord, amen

I guess you missed it

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

and this

Rom_10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

and who is the word of God

Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

and what does He have to say

Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

the bible is just a book, Christ is the light of the world, this bit

Act 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Why do I use it, because "christians" have made it higher than God, an idol, and refuse to listen to Him who is the word of God.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Excuse grace? Grace is God's ability to forgive all sin in a believer and lead them on the straight path.

Your grace appears to be forgiveness without repentance and any path you like.

Emotional conclusions about legalism and hypocrites works so easily yet is so transparent. Grace works so we can change, but to deny change is to deny the value of redemption. A lazy servant can abuse but their fate is sealed as if they never began.
Yet some cannot admit there fallibility because if they did, there lie would come crashing down around there ears. The SDA have that very same problem

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So you dont hear from Him you read the bible and think you got it. God never gave us the bible. what did JEsus say of it

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

God gave us JEsus, who laid down His life for us so that we,

Eph_2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Men confuse that what is of this world with that of heaven, what is of God with what is of men, that what is of the Spirit with that what is of the flesh. All you have done so far is clearly deny the spiritual things of God.
God will save whom He will save, how He chooses to save them and He could care less about the wisdom of man.

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

"God never gave us the bible"

Here is your problem. Sola scriptura is our creed.
I wish you understood this, but clearly you personally do not.

Listen to Paul

17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.
18 But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did: "Their voice has gone out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world."
Rom 10:17-18

Our faith comes from hearing the message. Everything springs from this, it is what founds our faith in Jesus. You of course can mock us all for believing Gods word and following it. But it puts you outside the elect, the body of believers. Jesus's words are contained in the gospels. They are bread and life to our souls.

Now dear reader, what is the difference between Jesus speaking the words in the room you are in now, or Jesus speaking them to the disciples and they writing it down and you reading it. None. This is so profound. Do you see? It is not the location or how you hear, it is the words that matter and their meaning.

So the rich young man is all rich young men seeking God. And Jesus says give up your security in wealth, come follow me. The second point is equally profound. No matter the source of the words if you do not put them into action they are pointless, as if never heard. It is why action proves the hearing and the wisdom of the wise man.

Coming to Christ can happen anywhere, a prayer from the heart, opening up to His love and reality, to enable you to walk in His way. Liars will always keep the door closed and deny its power, because they know nothing of the Kingdom of God and its ways. God bless you

Reactions: Nancy

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I guess you missed it

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

and this

Rom_10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

and who is the word of God

Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

and what does He have to say

Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

the bible is just a book, Christ is the light of the world, this bit

Act 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Why do I use it, because "christians" have made it higher than God, an idol, and refuse to listen to Him who is the word of God.

There is a two way street. The word is Jesus. But Jesus is the word, the message of peace and reconciliation between man and God, through His way.

If one denies the way, as believers were first called. Throughout scripture the straight path is the way to blessing and eternity with God.

Jesus said this about those who hear the message

24 "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life"
John 5:24

29 Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
John 20:29

It is easy to discount words, except the whole universe was created through words. Its only words actually means it is just an idea without reality. When the words are reality, it is everything. Praise God Jesus is everything Amen.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yet some cannot admit there fallibility because if they did, there lie would come crashing down around there ears. The SDA have that very same problem

Emotional conclusion, a legalist hypocrite believes they are infallible, except a believer walks into the Kingdom knowing they were a sinner, now a saint, washed, cleansed purified, turned from fallible into Gods chosen child, going from glory unto glory in His love.

The only crashing is of the chaff that have no substance or reality in Christ. Amen.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The power of God is displayed through His people, who hold faith in Him.
Jesus gave us this promise,

19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say,
20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
Matt 10:19-20

I can testify that very little of what I share comes from me, it just flows from my spirit. Given Jesus's promise, this is the Holy Spirit speaking through me.

I remember one member claimed I had some kind of thought through agenda. I am merely a servant to the Lord and His word. What people who oppose God and His way do not realise they are not facing men or fallible approaches but the Holy living God in His people.

And I just praise God, for His grace to use such a poor vessel as me.
The thing about Jesus, is His life flows through us, and it is in our veins, breath and experience. I wish I could describe it better, but then I would not be a part of the body. Rather by abiding we are servants of His grace and love, Amen.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, @FollowHim , many men before you have observed and dissected human behavior and emotions. They haven't all known God. A psychologist, or even a good fiction writer, dissects human behavior and emotions. Its through focused observation and study. But the Kingdom of God doesnt come by observation of human behavior and emotions. Neither does it come by pretenses and frenzies.

You are pitting rationalism against pretenses and frenzies and saying rationalism is the Kingdom of God.

Rationalism(unbelief) denies the possibility of the supernatural. There is a scale of unbelief and this is probably too brief but it goes like this: on the one end, the possibility of God is denied = atheism. The scale then moves to God is not denied but Jesus is, like with the Jewish religion. Then it moves to: God is not denied and Jesus is not denied but the possibility of the supernatural is denied. This last one is where you appear to be. And it is rationalism/unbelief.

You say God speaking directly to men is like people who are insane and hear voices and you use religious pretences and frenzies to reject the possibility of the supernatural. And yet the entire bible is filled with supernatural encounters with God. And you say being taken into the Kingdom of God to see a different place or walk in a different place or being allowed to see into it is bonkers and meanwhile, the apostles saw into there and believed into and walked there. And it is because your rational mind has not seen any such things that you reject them. And your defense of rejecting the supernatural is this: men are often pretentious and nutty.

I have not seen into the Kingdom or received an apocalyptic revelation or seen into the heavens as Stephen did or had the faith to walk there in the Spirit and neither have you, but I do not reject the possibility. I have left room for God to move and manifest. I have not denied the supernatural.

And then I think, I am being too hard on Peter. In every place, God accepts men who fear Him and do what is right, so let Peter be a righteous man. But then you say you walk in the Spirit, you say you can see. So you say you can see while simultaneously rejecting that God can translate a man or open the heavens for Him to see that place or walk in that place in the Spirit where miracles manifest through the man. So you reject holiness and offend it and mock it and reject it as a possibility.

I think you are a rationalist pretending to be a believer because you are in rationalism/unbelief of the supernatural. And yet, He grows our faith. But does a man have faith or can he grow in faith if he denies the supernatural as a possibility?

You remind me of Tolstoy, who wrote The Gospel In Brief, in which he removed any verse he ever saw men go into error and nonsense with...